December 20, 2014 | 1097 users online

Skincare - Face - Grapeseed Oil

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2013 3:15:00 PM More reviews by dri5hti

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This oil has transformed my face. I can't believe I used creams to moisturize before. I used this twice daily for over 2 months. Now I use it only once a day - in the morning and use an overnight moisture mask before bed. The combination of these two is pretty incredible. No one can tell I have dry skin anymore because my skin looks plump, hydrated and bright. It must be all the vitamin C. My dark circles have significantly reduced. My skin just looks healthier. I've heard though that prolonged use of grapeseed oil can cause you to develope allergies so I'm planning on trying out Rosehip oil next. One thing I know for sure - I'm never using a cream on my skin again.

Update: Try rosehip seed oil! This has nothing on it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2013 6:23:00 PM More reviews by sienna2125

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this for OCM in the mornings. I have acne prone sensitive skin. I mix this with jojoba oil to create a mild cleanser that won't strip all moisture & make my skin so tight & dry that it overcompensates by producing more oil. This mixture decreases clogged pores as well. Grapeseed oil is a heavier oil so I wouldn't leave it on my face during the day. Instead I wipe the mixture off with a soft cloth. It leaves my skin glowing & helps me look as if I didn't drag myself out of bed on the days I go out w/o makeup. Also when I do put any other product (sunscreen, TM, etc.) on my face after using this mixture the product spreads much easier. I don't have to use as much product to get the coverage I want.
Also grapeseed oil has ceramides which makes it a great oil to use for hair care as well. I use this for pre-poo. I mix this w/ some other oils, leave it on my hair overnight, & wash out the next day. This helps my hair stay soft & manageable.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2013 10:41:00 PM More reviews by Jamie222

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought my grape seed oil from Trader Joe's. I use this oil to remove physical sunscreens and eye make-up. It feels very light and doesn't irritate my sensitive acne prone skin. A year ago I tried using this by itself as a moisturizer and it clogged my really acne prone forehead and chin. Then I tried mixing it with my MD formulations antioxidant lotion and applied to my face ( avoiding forehead and chin). It made my skin look and feel so much better. I am on retin a micro, so this oil is really soothing for me. After I used it for a few months, I noticed that this oil has made my already flaky skin worse. I am sure it's perfect for people with oily acne prone skin ( not on retinoids though).The oil actually exfoliates your skin. I am still using it to remove Sunscreen and eye make-up.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2013 3:45:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaMD12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I use the NOW brand grapeseed oil. This stuff is amazing for removing eye makeup! It also helps with crows feet and dark circles. If you haven't tried this stuff out yet I suggest you give it a go! It's an ALL-IN-ONE eye product. Can't go wrong! :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2013 9:58:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Grapeseed oil is a good alternative carrier oil and skin care ingredient - especially for those allergic to nuts. It is relatively light and provides good moisturization and has hundreds of applications in topical products.

Good as a massage or bath oil.
Easily scented.
Can be emulsified to incorporate with water based lotions and creams.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2013 9:51:00 AM More reviews by FloweryCheese

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this as a cheap, natural, multipurpose beauty product. At night, I rub about half a teaspoon of this all over my face, concentrating on my eyes to break up makeup, then wipe it away with a microfiber cloth and wash with ivory soap.

I also mix a few drops of this with my sunscreen to use as a moisturizer. I'm acne prone, and too much of this as a moisturizer can break me out. But a little works to make my skin less oily (since overdry skin can produce extra oil to compensate).

Sometimes I mix it with coconut and castor oils to use as a deep conditioning treatment for the hair and scalp.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/21/2013 2:31:00 PM More reviews by lollipopgraceE

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Pretty sure this is giving me breakouts despite being recommended by others as being better than jojoba for sensitive acne-prone skin...it has a slightly thinner consistency than Aura Cacia organics jojoba oil (which itself is slightly thinner than the Desert Essence one) that just doesn't make my skin feel comfortable. I'm not sure if it's the brand I'm using (NOW brand), but I see absolutely no benefits compared to my jojoba, argan, and sweet almond oils. It doesn't even take off makeup as well as my jojoba and sweet almond oils due to it's watery consistency. Compared to the aura cacia apricot kernel oil though the breakouts from this are less severe (no cystic ones, just bumps and whiteheads).

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2013 9:16:00 PM More reviews by beautycalls09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I adore grapeseed oil. It's such a versatile product, and it has almost no scent to it, which makes it perfect for using on the body. Within the last year or so I've become obsessed with replacing commercial bath/body/hair products with more natural ones, and grapeseed oil is probably my favorite.

I use it as a replacement for eye makeup remover, occasionally, in small amounts, in my hair, and most recently, to oil-cleanse my face. As a makeup remover, it's amazing--it wipes makeup clean off, with no rubbing, stinging or irritation. (It's also a fraction of the price of makeup remover: my old commercial eye makeup remover was around $6 for a few ounces; this cost $6 for a liter.) I don't like using oils in my hair--even though I have very thick hair, I find it makes me greasy and stringy. I'll use a quarter-size amount in wet hair before I blow-dry it straight, but that's all. Lastly, I use this along with castor oil as part of my oil-cleansing routine. I prefer coconut oil as a replacement for body lotion, but grapeseed would work well, too, and is less likely to cause breakouts if you're acne-prone.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2013 9:30:00 AM More reviews by vuvie

I got this as part of my DIY moisturiser. As that, it is fine.

On its own, it is supposed to relieve and heal eczema. I have yet to give it a try. Will update when I do (using argan oil now and it works wonder).

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2013 6:21:00 PM More reviews by bubbybae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pompeian grapeseed oil is what i got. Local grocery store my mom picked it up for me. As of now i use it on my face and back and in my hair.

Ladies did you know you could use this as a heat protector? Yes, but be sure not to apply to much it will be overly soft and just, ugh. Too much product but yeah rub a light amount literally about 2 teaspoons, thats it rub in hands then onto hair proceed to blowdry/flat iron

I am also using it in attempt to clear up some old cutting scars, by it being high in vitamin e ill let you know how that goes.

This oil, honestly a little goes a long way the bottle i have will last me one to two
years. Its ridiculous, very light oil doesnt leave your skin greasy put it on your skin and it literally will dissolve quick. Um no strong scent like olive oil. I give grapeseed oil a 10+ try it, it has many uses the more natural a product the better. Hopefully i will be back to update on the longterm effects of using this oil :) please thumbs up if this was helpful.

tje bottl