October 26, 2014 | 917 users online

Skincare - Face - Grapeseed Oil

rated 1 of 5 on 9/21/2013 2:31:00 PM More reviews by lollipopgraceE

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Pretty sure this is giving me breakouts despite being recommended by others as being better than jojoba for sensitive acne-prone skin...it has a slightly thinner consistency than Aura Cacia organics jojoba oil (which itself is slightly thinner than the Desert Essence one) that just doesn't make my skin feel comfortable. I'm not sure if it's the brand I'm using (NOW brand), but I see absolutely no benefits compared to my jojoba, argan, and sweet almond oils. It doesn't even take off makeup as well as my jojoba and sweet almond oils due to it's watery consistency. Compared to the aura cacia apricot kernel oil though the breakouts from this are less severe (no cystic ones, just bumps and whiteheads).

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2013 9:16:00 PM More reviews by beautycalls09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I adore grapeseed oil. It's such a versatile product, and it has almost no scent to it, which makes it perfect for using on the body. Within the last year or so I've become obsessed with replacing commercial bath/body/hair products with more natural ones, and grapeseed oil is probably my favorite.

I use it as a replacement for eye makeup remover, occasionally, in small amounts, in my hair, and most recently, to oil-cleanse my face. As a makeup remover, it's amazing--it wipes makeup clean off, with no rubbing, stinging or irritation. (It's also a fraction of the price of makeup remover: my old commercial eye makeup remover was around $6 for a few ounces; this cost $6 for a liter.) I don't like using oils in my hair--even though I have very thick hair, I find it makes me greasy and stringy. I'll use a quarter-size amount in wet hair before I blow-dry it straight, but that's all. Lastly, I use this along with castor oil as part of my oil-cleansing routine. I prefer coconut oil as a replacement for body lotion, but grapeseed would work well, too, and is less likely to cause breakouts if you're acne-prone.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2013 9:30:00 AM More reviews by vuvie

I got this as part of my DIY moisturiser. As that, it is fine.

On its own, it is supposed to relieve and heal eczema. I have yet to give it a try. Will update when I do (using argan oil now and it works wonder).

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2013 6:21:00 PM More reviews by bubbybae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pompeian grapeseed oil is what i got. Local grocery store my mom picked it up for me. As of now i use it on my face and back and in my hair.

Ladies did you know you could use this as a heat protector? Yes, but be sure not to apply to much it will be overly soft and just, ugh. Too much product but yeah rub a light amount literally about 2 teaspoons, thats it rub in hands then onto hair proceed to blowdry/flat iron

I am also using it in attempt to clear up some old cutting scars, by it being high in vitamin e ill let you know how that goes.

This oil, honestly a little goes a long way the bottle i have will last me one to two
years. Its ridiculous, very light oil doesnt leave your skin greasy put it on your skin and it literally will dissolve quick. Um no strong scent like olive oil. I give grapeseed oil a 10+ try it, it has many uses the more natural a product the better. Hopefully i will be back to update on the longterm effects of using this oil :) please thumbs up if this was helpful.

tje bottl

8 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/12/2013 12:22:00 PM More reviews by madscientist01

I tried the NOW brand grapeseed oil as a facial moisturizer after becoming concerned about the lack of safe skincare products on the market. At first, I loved it! It absorbed sooo well! Before grapeseed oil, I didn't know it was possible for an oil to actually absorb into your skin instead of just sitting on it as an oily layer! It made my skin look really hydrated and glowy....and then within a day or two I started breaking out because of this. Sigh. Oh well.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2013 4:06:00 AM More reviews by faffner

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Although this is listed under moisturizers for face, I am reviewing it as a body moisturizer.

I tried a food grade, organic grapeseed oil from the cooking oil aisle of Whole Foods several years ago and did not have a good experience with it. I have sensitive skin that is very reactive, and evidence suggests that the way an oil is extracted can make a big difference to my skin. Fast forward to this year, when I was at my wits' end trying to find a summer moisturizer that wouldn't break me out in pimples or rashes to use as a base for my powder sunscreen, so I decided to try the NOW Foods brand of grapeseed oil. I have had much better luck with NOW than other brands of shea butter and almond oil, and their grapeseed oil looked very different -- clear and green like Colavita EVOO -- from the yellow grapeseed oil I had purchased initially.

Well, I am very happy with the NOW brand of this oil. I am able to use it as a body moisturizer without pimples or additional rashes, and it even softens the tiny bumps on my arms. As an added, unexpected bonus, it has greatly soothed and somewhat faded the patches of eczema I've had on my legs and back for the past several months. I tried this in my hair and found that it made it a bit frizzy -- I find that many sealants, including silicone based products, can have this effect on my hair, so I'll stick to coconut oil for that. But as a body moisturizer, I can't say enough about this oil and the NOW brand.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2013 7:22:00 AM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I was trying to find a moisturizer for my face that wouldn't give me acne or clog my pores. This just wasn't it. It made things worse.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2013 12:02:00 AM More reviews by csample

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a very beneficial oil to use for problematic skin. I use it as eye makeup remover, mix it with my toner, and have also used it as a carrier oil in the oil cleansing method. I will also put some on my lips before I go to bed and it seems to help them when they are chapped. One of my favorite moisturizers has grapeseed oil as the 2nd or 3rd ingredient. It is wonderful!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2013 3:09:00 PM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a staple in my bathroom. It moisturizers like nobody's business, and it's brilliant for taking off your eye makeup. Love.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2013 1:42:00 PM More reviews by Cheryn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Initially I purchased grapeseed oil as a body moisturiser when mixed with my super thick body cream

I'm from Singapore, so I got it from the skin pharmacy (product quality guaranteed as it is suitable for people with the most sensitive skin) I will recommend that the oil be bought from organic oils store as the oils will be cold pressed and be more...intact? In its natural form. Sth like that

Price wise definitely cheaper than jojoba (which is like twice the amt of $$$)

It comes in a big brown bottle and since I no longer use it for my body (too oily..has since switched to BIO OIL) I decided to use it for removing makeup (AFTER READING REVIEWS HERE) after removing my waterproof eye makeup with lancome's bi-facil (to date still my fav)

The most important part is gently massaging for only a while (too long n the oils will be absorbed as said by my beautician) and then removed by swiping a wet cottonpad across my face for 1 or 2 times depending on light or heavy makeup. This step is the most important as it removes the oiliness as felt compared to just splashing your face with water even if the oil emulsifies. That just gives me the heebie jeebies. Not to mention it will dull your complexion greatly (tried n tested by yours truly)

I might try jojoba when my current grapeseed oil finishes and we shall see which is better!

For the record I have combi/senstive skin

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No