September 2, 2014 | 1044 users online

Skincare - Face - Grapeseed oil

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2013 6:21:00 PM More reviews by bubbybae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pompeian grapeseed oil is what i got. Local grocery store my mom picked it up for me. As of now i use it on my face and back and in my hair.

Ladies did you know you could use this as a heat protector? Yes, but be sure not to apply to much it will be overly soft and just, ugh. Too much product but yeah rub a light amount literally about 2 teaspoons, thats it rub in hands then onto hair proceed to blowdry/flat iron

I am also using it in attempt to clear up some old cutting scars, by it being high in vitamin e ill let you know how that goes.

This oil, honestly a little goes a long way the bottle i have will last me one to two
years. Its ridiculous, very light oil doesnt leave your skin greasy put it on your skin and it literally will dissolve quick. Um no strong scent like olive oil. I give grapeseed oil a 10+ try it, it has many uses the more natural a product the better. Hopefully i will be back to update on the longterm effects of using this oil :) please thumbs up if this was helpful.

tje bottl

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/12/2013 12:22:00 PM More reviews by madscientist01

I tried the NOW brand grapeseed oil as a facial moisturizer after becoming concerned about the lack of safe skincare products on the market. At first, I loved it! It absorbed sooo well! Before grapeseed oil, I didn't know it was possible for an oil to actually absorb into your skin instead of just sitting on it as an oily layer! It made my skin look really hydrated and glowy....and then within a day or two I started breaking out because of this. Sigh. Oh well.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2013 4:06:00 AM More reviews by faffner

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Although this is listed under moisturizers for face, I am reviewing it as a body moisturizer.

I tried a food grade, organic grapeseed oil from the cooking oil aisle of Whole Foods several years ago and did not have a good experience with it. I have sensitive skin that is very reactive, and evidence suggests that the way an oil is extracted can make a big difference to my skin. Fast forward to this year, when I was at my wits' end trying to find a summer moisturizer that wouldn't break me out in pimples or rashes to use as a base for my powder sunscreen, so I decided to try the NOW Foods brand of grapeseed oil. I have had much better luck with NOW than other brands of shea butter and almond oil, and their grapeseed oil looked very different -- clear and green like Colavita EVOO -- from the yellow grapeseed oil I had purchased initially.

Well, I am very happy with the NOW brand of this oil. I am able to use it as a body moisturizer without pimples or additional rashes, and it even softens the tiny bumps on my arms. As an added, unexpected bonus, it has greatly soothed and somewhat faded the patches of eczema I've had on my legs and back for the past several months. I tried this in my hair and found that it made it a bit frizzy -- I find that many sealants, including silicone based products, can have this effect on my hair, so I'll stick to coconut oil for that. But as a body moisturizer, I can't say enough about this oil and the NOW brand.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2013 7:22:00 AM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I was trying to find a moisturizer for my face that wouldn't give me acne or clog my pores. This just wasn't it. It made things worse.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2013 12:02:00 AM More reviews by csample

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a very beneficial oil to use for problematic skin. I use it as eye makeup remover, mix it with my toner, and have also used it as a carrier oil in the oil cleansing method. I will also put some on my lips before I go to bed and it seems to help them when they are chapped. One of my favorite moisturizers has grapeseed oil as the 2nd or 3rd ingredient. It is wonderful!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2013 3:09:00 PM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a staple in my bathroom. It moisturizers like nobody's business, and it's brilliant for taking off your eye makeup. Love.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2013 1:42:00 PM More reviews by Cheryn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Initially I purchased grapeseed oil as a body moisturiser when mixed with my super thick body cream

I'm from Singapore, so I got it from the skin pharmacy (product quality guaranteed as it is suitable for people with the most sensitive skin) I will recommend that the oil be bought from organic oils store as the oils will be cold pressed and be more...intact? In its natural form. Sth like that

Price wise definitely cheaper than jojoba (which is like twice the amt of $$$)

It comes in a big brown bottle and since I no longer use it for my body (too oily..has since switched to BIO OIL) I decided to use it for removing makeup (AFTER READING REVIEWS HERE) after removing my waterproof eye makeup with lancome's bi-facil (to date still my fav)

The most important part is gently massaging for only a while (too long n the oils will be absorbed as said by my beautician) and then removed by swiping a wet cottonpad across my face for 1 or 2 times depending on light or heavy makeup. This step is the most important as it removes the oiliness as felt compared to just splashing your face with water even if the oil emulsifies. That just gives me the heebie jeebies. Not to mention it will dull your complexion greatly (tried n tested by yours truly)

I might try jojoba when my current grapeseed oil finishes and we shall see which is better!

For the record I have combi/senstive skin

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2013 1:26:00 PM More reviews by Paramore

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This stuff is the bomb! In my opinion it's just as effective a makeup remover as olive oil but for roughly half the price, spreads easily and removes even the toughest of waterproof mascaras. I just wash off the residue with my normal cleanser afterwards and I'm good to go.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2013 6:59:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: LOVE for use in my bath or for a body oil. It's a very moisturizing but light textured oil. Very inexpensive. I buy a big bottle at the grocery store and transfer to small pump bottles I bought.

CONS: For me, personally, clogs my facial pores if used to remove makeup or as a moisturizer.

ALTERNATES: I like jojoba for my combination face skin more.

APPLICATION TIPS: My favorite way to use this is in the bath or all over my legs and arms in shower. I put it on right before I'm about to get out and just rinse it off quickly, so that some will stay on. I can't use it on my back, or I will break out.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2013 6:25:00 AM More reviews by Alis2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

When it comes to skin care I like to keep it simple, so for a while now I have been using different oils on my skin and hair. I have a few favorite oils and this is one of them. Grapeseed oil is quite light, though it may take a few minutes to absorb. I like to use this to remove my makeup/cleanse and moisturise all-over. You only need to apply a few small drops onto a clean and slightly damp face, then massage it in lighly. Apparently this has some astringent properties so it helps to balance your skin and keep it clear. However I also find this quite moisturising. This leaves my skin soft and healthy-looking, plus its affordable and you can use it for a variety of purposes!

I got my grapeseed oil from the cooking oil section. Its light-medium green in color and does not have a noticeable smell. It was affordable and came in a glass bottle. Im not a fan of the packaging, but whatever!

Different oils work for different people, even if two people have the same skin type that doesn't mean that the same products will work for them. A lot of people praise certain oils or products and while I have tried various oils that I liked, I never found something that truly made my skin 'glow' and improved my complexion until now. Grapeseed oil just seems to work for my skin... It moisturisers without clogging my pores and it has made my complexion look a little brighter overall. I guess I'm finally one of those people who has found their HG product!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No