April 19, 2014 | 1811 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - Color Sensational - Born With It

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2012 4:59:00 PM More reviews by SummerLuvin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great dupe for MAC's Creme Cup. I uploaded a pic for comparison and Creme Cup is the *tiniest* bit warmer in color. BWI also has tiny glitter particles that are not obvious upon first application for me, (it just has a 'sheen' like Creme Cup) but when the color wears away, the glitter particles remain on your lips. BWI is very creamy and feels great on the lips. It has about the same lasting power as the MAC, but I hate the scent of the Maybelline lipsticks.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/8/2012 12:22:00 PM More reviews by efts

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Nice colour, a little bit too cool for warm skin tones. Pigmeneted enough if you go over your lips a few times. I don't like the glitter chunks though, they're a bit too big. This formula also dries out my lips a bit and clings to dry flakes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2012 11:27:00 PM More reviews by monicaandree

I probably own 30-50 lipsticks, and I almost never re-purchase any particular shade because none of them knock my socks off-except this. It is a lovely light pink shade, creamy with a slight pearl finish. It is not frosty like the pinks I remember from the 80's, and leaves my lips looking fuller with it's light reflecting pigments. That being said, I think this shade is best suited to fair skin tones and should be applied with a light touch, as several coats would definitely look candy-pink and trashy. I don't even have to use lip liner with this shade, which I cannot say for any other lip product. I have already re-purchased once, and hope they never discontinue as this is the ONLY pink shade I have ever loved.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/27/2012 10:05:00 PM More reviews by livenlaugh365

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like this product in general, but the color is almost the same as my lips, so a chapstick gives me the same effect. I really didn't like the almost glitter it has in it, it gave it kind of a rougher texture (to me).

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2012 1:15:00 AM More reviews by singwritenow

Since this is supposed to be a dupe for MAC's Creme Cup, I couldn't wait to try it. I don't have Creme Cup, but have a lot of other MAC lipsticks and am always looking for a great dupe. I am not impressed by the color, scent, formulation, or staying power of Born With It, and because of this, will not be purchasing Maybelline lipsticks again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2012 8:02:00 PM More reviews by Bucephala

This is one of those rare products that would put me in tears if it were ever discontinued. I dread the thought of it! This one of my all-time favourite lipsticks because it's my lip colour but better. It's lasting power is slightly better than average (but there are longer lasting lipsticks out there) and it is nice and creamy. I wear this lipstick almost everyday. To all you cool-toned, fair skinned ladies, give this one a shot!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2012 8:37:00 PM More reviews by lilmz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

this colour is one of the most wearable frosty shades i have [the other one is beige glace from the old maybelline watershine line] so maybelline has been a winner in that stance as frosty shades usually look super ugly on me. that being said this shade is a bit sheer and just not that special. i'll keep using it as i like to vary my makeup but if i lost if i wouldn't feel the need to replace.
packaging is cute, i like how they have different colours caps so i can semi tell which lippie is which in my drawer since i have a few lippies from this line.
formula is lovely & i love the scent.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2012 9:00:00 PM More reviews by jennifa55

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a just ok nude pink. Like all the other reviews I think its too glittery. There is not enough color payoff on me to make it worth putting on. Some say this is for cool tones some say for warm. I am a winter cool and this doesn't look good on me unless I have a lot of bronzer on.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2012 4:56:00 AM More reviews by Besitos

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I did a smokey gray/silver look for New Year's Eve and envisioned what color I wanted on my lips and remembered I had purchased this color on a whim...PERFECT!! Love the color, it's a beautiful, sweet, pink!! And unlike other reviews, I enjoy the scent.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2011 1:25:00 PM More reviews by jtbeautyx3

It's a really nice baby pink color. It looked amazing swatched but on my lips the slight shimmer does not look too good. My lips are very pigmented and this lipstick is quite sheer so when I pack on the color all yOu really notice is a faint baby pink but a lot of shimmer which isn't flattering on me at all. Its okay but it's a bit on the pearly side for me :(