Maybelline Color Sensational - Born With It

3.8

Lanolin Oil, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Oleyl Erucate, Cera Microcristallina (Microcrystalline Wax), PPG-5, Lanolin Wax, Acetylated Lanolin, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Alumina, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Acrylic Acid, Isobutyl Acrylate, Isobornyl Acrylate Copolymer, Fragrance, Pentaerythrityl Tetra Di T Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Silica, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Benzyl Alcohol, Tin Oxide, Mel (Honey), Polyethylene Terephthalate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Acrylates Copolymer, Pearl Powder, Dimethicone, May Contain (+/-):, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 7 (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470)

This is too light for me - try Rimmel's Fancy instead, if you want something a little darker. I didn't like how the lipstick rattled inside the case, even with the top on it.

I'm so confused because in any review I've read it says that this is too frosty or too shimmery, I find it that way, way too much glitter on my lips !
I love the color tho, it's pink-purple, just the color of my lips, but I hate the frosty look that it leaves on my lips.

Unbeknownst to me, I owned this for a while without knowing it was a dupe for Angel. Angel has quickly become my most-worn lipstick this year.

Born with It has much more glitter than Angel, but I like how it moisturizes my lips better. Almost all lipsticks give me dry, flaky lips by the end of the day, but when Born with it is on my lips, it feels very moisturizing.

While I agree that initial smell of sickening sweet/plastic is overwhelming, I've found that after using this pretty frequently, the smell goes away, or maybe I'm just used it to it now.

Either way, this has replaced my MAC Angel as most-worn. I actually keep it at my desk and end up wearing it every day, regardless of what I left the house wearing.

After reading that this was a dupe for MAC's Angel I had to get it first thing was when I opened it the smell it smells like plastic very strongly but I figured for the price oh well I swatched it and thought it looked alright when I put it on the taste is so bad I had to take it off with the taste and the smell I can not stand it and to top it off this lipstick is really drying over all I found it better to just pay the MAC price if you want Angel.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was really excited about this color when I first bought, it looked like a nice neutral pink with very little shimmer. However, when I put it on, on my pigmented lips it barely showed up. The shimmer how ever did, I am not a big fan of glittery and boy was this glittery. It was also a bit drying, eek.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

People have been saying that this is a dupe for MAC Angel, so I just had to get this. I've never owned or even used Angel before, but I've seen it and it looks like an amazing color. Usually I'm more of a dramatic lippie girl, but this is one of the few neutrals that I really like.
Born With It is a soft neutral pinky nude with shimmer. I was hesitant because of the shimmer, but it's very subtle and makes your lips look shiny, not shimmery.
The pigmentation is great. I don't know why people are saying this is sheer! The pigmentation isn't as good as MAC lipsticks, but it's still pretty good.
It looks great on my NC30-35 skintone!
And I absolutely LOVE the shape of the lipstick! It's curved so that it conforms to the curve of my lips!
The packaging looks cheap and tacky, bugt that's typical drugstore packaging for you.
The wear time is alright (3-4 hours)--the same as MAC lipsticks--but I don't mind reapplying.
Would I repurchase? Yes.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I hate this color! I'm not sure if I got a dud or what, but it's not that moisturizing or smooth on my lips. It's not very pigmented; you don't get much of the actual pink color, only the very extreme silver shimmer. It's not flattering at all. It looks like an overly frosty shade that a young girl would play with. It also smells like Play-Doh.

This color for me is a "my lips but better". I was expecting a light pink but eh, I don't mind. It gives my lips a nice glow. Ill wear this when I'm not wearing a ton of eye makeup. Its with my naturals collection. I would repurchase this for sure. :)

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm

The color is really sheer on my naturally pigmented lips and while I liked how it looked it does wear quickly. It bled really bad even with a lipliner and the ingredients gave me really bad breakouts around my mouth. Not a repurchace

I'm very disappointed with this lipstick. I practically have to rub it hard on my lips in order for the colour to actually show, and it doesn't even look nice on me.

Recommended for Medium Skin