April 18, 2014 | 1480 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Urban Decay - Complexion Primer Potion-Brightening

rated 1 of 5 on 6/15/2010 1:28:00 AM More reviews by luluherrera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After the review I had read, I expected an amazing product. However, I was soooo disappointed. I did not see a difference whatsoever. I really wanted to like this product I hate to say, it is a waste of money.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2010 4:20:00 PM More reviews by CityGirlNY

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A great primer for those who want a brightening effect on cheeks and other areas without a lot of shimmer. It also makes my foundation go on smoother. It doesn't mattify though, so if you need that, you may want to look for another primer. But for those with dryer skin, this is great.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2010 6:34:00 PM More reviews by xxaceswildxx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

So far this is the ONLY primer I have found that doesn't cause me to break out. I have very finicky skin (it took me years to find a good foundation/powder that agreed with me as well) and when I tried this I loved the results and the look of my makeup after. I kept using it for a few weeks and still no breakouts at all. I love it and I would buy it again. Its a bit pricey, but for me its worth it

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2010 10:58:00 PM More reviews by lena88

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

This is nothing special. I love the urban decay eye primer potion because that does wonders for me and I thought that maybe they would come out with a primer for the face that does the same thing, I was wrong. I decided to get the brightening one because the pore minimizing one felt very greasy as if it would leave a film behind that I couldnít get off my fingers. Now one thing i love about this product is its cute container which is adorable if only the product inside was just as good. The primer goes one like a lotion, not very thick but it is different them most primers, i didnít see my face "brighten" and it made no real difference for my foundation. For an average product i would not buy again because there must be something better out there.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2010 2:16:00 PM More reviews by diablitanoir

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Other

This is a great primer, helps my makeup go on well and is paraben-free. It goes on moist, which I like, because some primers I've tried can be drying even to my oily skin. However, it does not make my skin feel like velvet and that's what I *really* like in a primer, but it is definitely a very good product. The packaging is OK, though I prefer a jar with a pump, rather than a tube but I can get over it. ;-) Good stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2010 10:27:00 AM More reviews by Bridget429

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have terrible skin and need to use foundation everyday. This product as a base makes my skin feel really nice, and it makes the foundation go on so much nicer. I have also gotten multiple compliments from my friends that my coloring overall looks much nicer!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2010 4:56:00 PM More reviews by Eva5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I read the reviews. It is not the wonder product I was led to believe. Thinking it had decent ingredients and sans silicone I succumbed. It does nothing beneficial for my skin either with/without makeup at all: no increase in durability, no improvement in finish. Nothing. I was sort of hoping I could replace moisturiser with this as I am breakout prone. I am still not convinced of the point of a primer. I think its just a marketing ploy to get us to keep buying excessive products and also worry about overladdening my skin with so much stuff. The tube seemed to only be half full when I opened it. I felt inclined to take it back thinking I must have a dud. It looks like PVA. It broke me out consistently on the days I tried it and I did give it a proper go. I can't wear it at all now. I tried using it just on my eyes or just on the few icepick acne scars I have (doesn't cover them and yes I pat it on) but I get the strangest sensation every time. The corner of my mouth feels like it does when you have been to the dentist. It feels slightly numb and I keep wiping it because it feels like I am drooling but the area is actually really dry. Its a nerve thing. I can't really believe its this but it hasn't happened before. I don't want it. Gave it to my mum who so far thinks its good.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/25/2010 2:19:00 PM More reviews by plnkpolarbear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

really wanted to love this, but half way through the tube, I just don't see it making a difference in the appearance of my skin. I feel like my foundation goes on the same with or without this, and i get the same coverage/same look either way. doesn't make my makeup stay on better or last longer either. and my search for a primer continues...

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2010 6:36:00 PM More reviews by LoHopalong

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

It's not a bad product, just not what I wanted. I prefer my primers to give me that silky feel. This one just felt like my face a bit damp. Furthermore, it didn't do much for me except give my face that dewy look. If that is the look I'm after, I already own other creams and such to achieve that.

The Pore Perfecting one worked much better for my needs.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2010 12:06:00 PM More reviews by wiseowl

I wear a really natural looking mineral makeup(EM)--natural color and texture. The one problem with it is that it starts to melt a bit fairly soon in my t-zone, precisely the area I need coverage with my mild rosacea. So, at last, with this primer my makeup stays put and looks natural. It's only after a day's worth of wear, about the time you'd be heading home for work, does any bit of melt start to happen and even then it's not a serious amount of melt, which is an entirely reasonable duration for primer to be effective.
When I first put this on, it looked and felt like I had put egg whites on my face. At first, I thought, uh oh, just how natural is this going to look? I may use mineral makeup, but I don't use a lot, so I worried that I'd have a shellacked look. My fears came to naught. Even with only a small amount of makeup applied, there was no egg white look, instead my face had a subtle, natural glow and my makeup looked very natural in combination with it. And yes, I'll keep buying this.
The one downside: it's a little too tight feeling on my face for my comfort. I get regular tension headaches from TMJ, so my face feeling tight is not a good thing in terms of preventing tension. If UD comes out with a primer formulation that just as effectively prevents makeup melt, but is less tight, I'll admit, I'll switch. Also, have to admit, I find the twisting cap thing a little annoying.
Update: Product no longer causes tight feeling on my skin. I think it was a case of the cooler weather making my skin tend to be tighter. However, I'm keeping the score four instead of five because of unpleasant development. The silver coating on the twist cap has started to come off in bits on my fingers when I twist open the primer and squeeze out some primer. The silver bits end up on my face looking like big, chunky pieces of glitter. The first time this happened was the day when my husband was scheduled to have major surgery. I didn't exactly have time to fix this problem and so had the embarrassment of chunky bits of "glitter" during a very serious, somber time. Be sure to open the bottle with a piece of tissue to avoid the silver bits if your bottle threatens to have the same problem as mine. For what I paid for this, I should not be having these kind of problems. I'm still leaving it yes for would I buy it again, but if I come across a product at the same price that works just as well, but with better packaging, I'll defect.