September 20, 2014 | 1437 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Urban Decay - Complexion Primer Potion-Brightening

rated 3 of 5 on 8/22/2010 5:42:00 PM More reviews by courters

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have to say, I do like this product even though I put "no" for would I repurchase. I would not repurchase because the packaging quality (at least on my bottle) is completely horrible. The silver paint on the cap chips off every time I use it, gets all over my hands, and then all over my face as I am applying the product. Once the little silver specks are on my face they are near impossible to get off - which is extremely frustrating when I am in a rush to get ready in the morning. For this reason alone, I will never rebuy this - or any other UD product that comes in a similar style of packaging.

As for the product itself, it does a really good job of priming my extremely dry skin without drying it too much. It keeps my tinted moisturizer and MSFN on throughout the day and I don't notice as much transfer as I used to. I haven't broken out at all. I don't notice a "britghtening" effect really, but the primers that claim to mattify always leave me too dry - so this nice in that respect. If they change the packaging, I would rebuy. Until then, I'm off to search for something else.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/15/2010 1:28:00 AM More reviews by luluherrera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After the review I had read, I expected an amazing product. However, I was soooo disappointed. I did not see a difference whatsoever. I really wanted to like this product I hate to say, it is a waste of money.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2010 4:20:00 PM More reviews by CityGirlNY

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A great primer for those who want a brightening effect on cheeks and other areas without a lot of shimmer. It also makes my foundation go on smoother. It doesn't mattify though, so if you need that, you may want to look for another primer. But for those with dryer skin, this is great.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2010 6:34:00 PM More reviews by xxaceswildxx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

So far this is the ONLY primer I have found that doesn't cause me to break out. I have very finicky skin (it took me years to find a good foundation/powder that agreed with me as well) and when I tried this I loved the results and the look of my makeup after. I kept using it for a few weeks and still no breakouts at all. I love it and I would buy it again. Its a bit pricey, but for me its worth it

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2010 10:58:00 PM More reviews by lena88

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

This is nothing special. I love the urban decay eye primer potion because that does wonders for me and I thought that maybe they would come out with a primer for the face that does the same thing, I was wrong. I decided to get the brightening one because the pore minimizing one felt very greasy as if it would leave a film behind that I couldn’t get off my fingers. Now one thing i love about this product is its cute container which is adorable if only the product inside was just as good. The primer goes one like a lotion, not very thick but it is different them most primers, i didn’t see my face "brighten" and it made no real difference for my foundation. For an average product i would not buy again because there must be something better out there.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2010 2:16:00 PM More reviews by dahliadeadly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Other

This is a great primer, helps my makeup go on well and is paraben-free. It goes on moist, which I like, because some primers I've tried can be drying even to my oily skin. However, it does not make my skin feel like velvet and that's what I *really* like in a primer, but it is definitely a very good product. The packaging is OK, though I prefer a jar with a pump, rather than a tube but I can get over it. ;-) Good stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2010 10:27:00 AM More reviews by Bridget429

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have terrible skin and need to use foundation everyday. This product as a base makes my skin feel really nice, and it makes the foundation go on so much nicer. I have also gotten multiple compliments from my friends that my coloring overall looks much nicer!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2010 4:56:00 PM More reviews by Eva5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I read the reviews. It is not the wonder product I was led to believe. Thinking it had decent ingredients and sans silicone I succumbed. It does nothing beneficial for my skin either with/without makeup at all: no increase in durability, no improvement in finish. Nothing. I was sort of hoping I could replace moisturiser with this as I am breakout prone. I am still not convinced of the point of a primer. I think its just a marketing ploy to get us to keep buying excessive products and also worry about overladdening my skin with so much stuff. The tube seemed to only be half full when I opened it. I felt inclined to take it back thinking I must have a dud. It looks like PVA. It broke me out consistently on the days I tried it and I did give it a proper go. I can't wear it at all now. I tried using it just on my eyes or just on the few icepick acne scars I have (doesn't cover them and yes I pat it on) but I get the strangest sensation every time. The corner of my mouth feels like it does when you have been to the dentist. It feels slightly numb and I keep wiping it because it feels like I am drooling but the area is actually really dry. Its a nerve thing. I can't really believe its this but it hasn't happened before. I don't want it. Gave it to my mum who so far thinks its good.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/25/2010 2:19:00 PM More reviews by plnkpolarbear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

really wanted to love this, but half way through the tube, I just don't see it making a difference in the appearance of my skin. I feel like my foundation goes on the same with or without this, and i get the same coverage/same look either way. doesn't make my makeup stay on better or last longer either. and my search for a primer continues...

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2010 6:36:00 PM More reviews by LoHopalong

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

It's not a bad product, just not what I wanted. I prefer my primers to give me that silky feel. This one just felt like my face a bit damp. Furthermore, it didn't do much for me except give my face that dewy look. If that is the look I'm after, I already own other creams and such to achieve that.

The Pore Perfecting one worked much better for my needs.