Urban Decay Complexion Primer Potion-Brightening

3.6

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua (Water), Litchi Chinensis Pericarp Extract, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Glycerin, Polyacrylamide, Algae Extract, Thermus Thermophillus Ferment, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Butylene Glycol, Polysorbate 20, Pullulan, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Laureth-7, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Hexylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol.

on 12/3/2010 10:58:00 AM

I absolutely love this stuff! I use all UD primers (eyes, mascara, and now face) and love them all. Like many other reviewers, I normally can't use face primer...my skin is too sensitive or something and I either get a minor breakout or irritation. I wanted to give this a try...and it's wonderful. It makes my foundation go on so smooth and I it makes my foundation blend and stay on for much longer than the foundation alone.

My only complaint is the small amount of product for the price, but you don't need to use a ton when mixing this with your foundation.

I think it's definitely worth a try!

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

This is my HG! I'm surprised that the ratings aren't higher. Urban Decay is most famous for its eye products (primer, eyeshadows, eyeliners) but I think this is one of the most underrated products they have. I love that it is free of heavy silicones and parabens, so it seems safe for sensitive, combination and acne-prone skin like mine. I like to blend it with my tinted moisturizer or foundation, as the SA taught me. It is easier to apply makeup this way by just putting it all on at the same time--and it also seems to help the makeup blend more seamlessly into my skin. My skin has broken out with other primers before but this one seems to be good for me, and seems to give my skin some breathing room.

I LOVE the texture of this, it is perhaps the most light and airy primer I've ever used. It is very light and almost weightless, you barely feel like you have anything on.

I can't recommend this highly enough! I'm glad I've discovered this and I've even bought back-ups in case (God forbid) Urban Decay ever discontinues this. Especially for people who don't usually like primers, this mght just convert you!

on 9/6/2010 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

As far as primers go, I think it's decent. I didn't notice much brightening which disappointed me, but I did notice a difference in the application and finish of my foundation. I doubt I'll be repurchasing, there are other primers for less money that'll give the same results

on 8/22/2010 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have to say, I do like this product even though I put "no" for would I repurchase. I would not repurchase because the packaging quality (at least on my bottle) is completely horrible. The silver paint on the cap chips off every time I use it, gets all over my hands, and then all over my face as I am applying the product. Once the little silver specks are on my face they are near impossible to get off - which is extremely frustrating when I am in a rush to get ready in the morning. For this reason alone, I will never rebuy this - or any other UD product that comes in a similar style of packaging.

As for the product itself, it does a really good job of priming my extremely dry skin without drying it too much. It keeps my tinted moisturizer and MSFN on throughout the day and I don't notice as much transfer as I used to. I haven't broken out at all. I don't notice a "britghtening" effect really, but the primers that claim to mattify always leave me too dry - so this nice in that respect. If they change the packaging, I would rebuy. Until then, I'm off to search for something else.

on 6/15/2010 1:28:00 AM

After the review I had read, I expected an amazing product. However, I was soooo disappointed. I did not see a difference whatsoever. I really wanted to like this product I hate to say, it is a waste of money.

on 5/27/2010 4:20:00 PM

A great primer for those who want a brightening effect on cheeks and other areas without a lot of shimmer. It also makes my foundation go on smoother. It doesn't mattify though, so if you need that, you may want to look for another primer. But for those with dryer skin, this is great.

on 5/18/2010 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

So far this is the ONLY primer I have found that doesn't cause me to break out. I have very finicky skin (it took me years to find a good foundation/powder that agreed with me as well) and when I tried this I loved the results and the look of my makeup after. I kept using it for a few weeks and still no breakouts at all. I love it and I would buy it again. Its a bit pricey, but for me its worth it

on 5/16/2010 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

This is nothing special. I love the urban decay eye primer potion because that does wonders for me and I thought that maybe they would come out with a primer for the face that does the same thing, I was wrong. I decided to get the brightening one because the pore minimizing one felt very greasy as if it would leave a film behind that I couldn’t get off my fingers. Now one thing i love about this product is its cute container which is adorable if only the product inside was just as good. The primer goes one like a lotion, not very thick but it is different them most primers, i didn’t see my face "brighten" and it made no real difference for my foundation. For an average product i would not buy again because there must be something better out there.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is a great primer, helps my makeup go on well and is paraben-free. It goes on moist, which I like, because some primers I've tried can be drying even to my oily skin. However, it does not make my skin feel like velvet and that's what I *really* like in a primer, but it is definitely a very good product. The packaging is OK, though I prefer a jar with a pump, rather than a tube but I can get over it. ;-) Good stuff!

on 3/2/2010 10:27:00 AM

I have terrible skin and need to use foundation everyday. This product as a base makes my skin feel really nice, and it makes the foundation go on so much nicer. I have also gotten multiple compliments from my friends that my coloring overall looks much nicer!