Urban Decay Complexion Primer Potion-Brightening

3.6

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua (Water), Litchi Chinensis Pericarp Extract, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Glycerin, Polyacrylamide, Algae Extract, Thermus Thermophillus Ferment, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Butylene Glycol, Polysorbate 20, Pullulan, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Laureth-7, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Hexylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I have a lot of primers and this is one of my must haves, it really does everything that it say it does. A small amount that’s all you need and it made my eye shadow look brighter than it is, your eye shadow won’t go anywhere it will last the whole day.
Normally your eye shadow will start to crack in places but this primer is like glue or something the eye shadow stays there. I’ve had mine for about 7 months now and I still have a lot left so for the money that you are spending this is good. I will admit that I don’t use this every day, but if I know that I am going out in the evening than I will use this as I want my eye shadow to stay there.

I hope you will all follow my beauty blog

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

First, let me say that my skin is very oily, not prone to break outs. I can't really wear primers with silicone because they make my skin super oily! I prefer silicone free primers or silica based primers as these do a better job absorbing or controlling oil. I'm more than halfway through this primer. I've tried it alone and also mix it with other primers. It really doesn't do much. I see no difference in any "brightening" on my skin. The nice thing is that it doesn't make my skin oilier. But it also doesn't control oil. Which is fine, it doesn't really make this claim. It leaves my skin a bit smoother, but not much. So, overall, it doesn't do anything and is a waste of money. At $30 per oz i expect better results. The packaging is a pain. You twist the little silver metallic tip, squeeze product out and then re-twist the cap. Shortly after I started using this stuff, the metallic finish started coming off on my fingers along with the primer. It is still flaking off and I have to be careful not to let it touch my skin or else it will get into the primer and I'll have to dig it out. The bottle is kind of fat so you can't really store it standing up and it takes up a lot of room lying down. If you're looking for a silicone-free primer I'm going to direct you to the Korres primer first. It's not much cheaper ($28/1.01oz) but it does leave a nice smooth finish prior to applying makeup.

I absolutely love this stuff! I use all UD primers (eyes, mascara, and now face) and love them all. Like many other reviewers, I normally can't use face primer...my skin is too sensitive or something and I either get a minor breakout or irritation. I wanted to give this a try...and it's wonderful. It makes my foundation go on so smooth and I it makes my foundation blend and stay on for much longer than the foundation alone.

My only complaint is the small amount of product for the price, but you don't need to use a ton when mixing this with your foundation.

I think it's definitely worth a try!

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

This is my HG! I'm surprised that the ratings aren't higher. Urban Decay is most famous for its eye products (primer, eyeshadows, eyeliners) but I think this is one of the most underrated products they have. I love that it is free of heavy silicones and parabens, so it seems safe for sensitive, combination and acne-prone skin like mine. I like to blend it with my tinted moisturizer or foundation, as the SA taught me. It is easier to apply makeup this way by just putting it all on at the same time--and it also seems to help the makeup blend more seamlessly into my skin. My skin has broken out with other primers before but this one seems to be good for me, and seems to give my skin some breathing room.

I LOVE the texture of this, it is perhaps the most light and airy primer I've ever used. It is very light and almost weightless, you barely feel like you have anything on.

I can't recommend this highly enough! I'm glad I've discovered this and I've even bought back-ups in case (God forbid) Urban Decay ever discontinues this. Especially for people who don't usually like primers, this mght just convert you!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

As far as primers go, I think it's decent. I didn't notice much brightening which disappointed me, but I did notice a difference in the application and finish of my foundation. I doubt I'll be repurchasing, there are other primers for less money that'll give the same results

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have to say, I do like this product even though I put "no" for would I repurchase. I would not repurchase because the packaging quality (at least on my bottle) is completely horrible. The silver paint on the cap chips off every time I use it, gets all over my hands, and then all over my face as I am applying the product. Once the little silver specks are on my face they are near impossible to get off - which is extremely frustrating when I am in a rush to get ready in the morning. For this reason alone, I will never rebuy this - or any other UD product that comes in a similar style of packaging.

As for the product itself, it does a really good job of priming my extremely dry skin without drying it too much. It keeps my tinted moisturizer and MSFN on throughout the day and I don't notice as much transfer as I used to. I haven't broken out at all. I don't notice a "britghtening" effect really, but the primers that claim to mattify always leave me too dry - so this nice in that respect. If they change the packaging, I would rebuy. Until then, I'm off to search for something else.

After the review I had read, I expected an amazing product. However, I was soooo disappointed. I did not see a difference whatsoever. I really wanted to like this product I hate to say, it is a waste of money.

A great primer for those who want a brightening effect on cheeks and other areas without a lot of shimmer. It also makes my foundation go on smoother. It doesn't mattify though, so if you need that, you may want to look for another primer. But for those with dryer skin, this is great.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

So far this is the ONLY primer I have found that doesn't cause me to break out. I have very finicky skin (it took me years to find a good foundation/powder that agreed with me as well) and when I tried this I loved the results and the look of my makeup after. I kept using it for a few weeks and still no breakouts at all. I love it and I would buy it again. Its a bit pricey, but for me its worth it

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

This is nothing special. I love the urban decay eye primer potion because that does wonders for me and I thought that maybe they would come out with a primer for the face that does the same thing, I was wrong. I decided to get the brightening one because the pore minimizing one felt very greasy as if it would leave a film behind that I couldn’t get off my fingers. Now one thing i love about this product is its cute container which is adorable if only the product inside was just as good. The primer goes one like a lotion, not very thick but it is different them most primers, i didn’t see my face "brighten" and it made no real difference for my foundation. For an average product i would not buy again because there must be something better out there.

Popular Primer/ Correctors