September 3, 2014 | 1016 users online

Foundations - Bare Escentuals - bareMinerals SPF 15 Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2012 6:48:00 PM More reviews by allisonclaire

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this product. I prefer medium coverage because my skin is very red most of the time and has acne marks, and this foundation offers great coverage! Typically I do one layer all over my face with the big buki brush (two if I feel I need it) and then I use the smaller concealer brush over dark marks and pimples and I'm done! I think the coverage is great for a product so lightweight, and I love knowing that it won't break me out :) It also comes with videos that teach you the proper way for application, which are surprisingly helpful!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/21/2012 6:30:00 AM More reviews by sophiematilda2011

I got this product because i thought i wanted a change from heavy liquid foundations, that seemed to slide off. However, when i went to get this from the counter i felt rushed into buying, even though i had lots of questions to ask. I got it home and tried it out and tried my best to like it, but no matter what it just wasn't happening for me. i have generally ok skin, but i do have small scars on my face. this foundation covered NOTHING (even after 15 mins of building it up!). it looked grey (i am fairly tanned and used the medium shade) looked ashy and it made my pores look HUGE. not only that but it made me look really pale and after an hour or so the coverage got even worse. Also the brushes you get with the starter kit are so scratchy and itchy, also for supposedly high end brushes they leave a hell of a lot of hairs on your face, which you then have to pick off you now dry cakey face. Please try before you buy!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2012 6:00:00 PM More reviews by treasonous

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

In general, I thought this was a great foundation. It made my skin very glowy and even, and I was super impressed... However, after just a few days of using it, I started to have really bad eye problems. My eyes were sore, red and itchy. Having changed nothing else in my beauty routine, I temporarily stopped using Bare Escentuals... and my eyes got better. I tried it again, and the same thing happened. I don't know if its to do with the oxides getting in my eyes, but as for being non irritating, it wasn't. For me at least.
I wouldn't let this put someone off trying it, however, I'm sure most people get on with it fine. All in all, it was a radiant looking, light feeling mineral foundation. Well worth the money you pay for it.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2012 11:07:00 AM More reviews by jasthill

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have just recently switched from 7 years of nothing but drug store makeup to high-end makeup. The bareMinerals SPF15 matte foundation set was my first high-end makeup purchase.

I have extremelyyy, insanely oily skin. On top of that, I have moderate acne (hereditary). So not only do I have a lot to cover on my face because of my acne, but I also have to find something that stays on my skin without sliding off in an hour because my skin is just that oily.

Whenever I went to the kiosk to seek help from a consultant about what would be best for my skin type, she suggested bareMinerals, the matte edition. I didn't know how well that would do for me, simply because I didn't think a powder foundation would be able to handle all of my acne. But after she dolled me up in the store, I was amazed by how flawless I looked. So, I was sold and bought the makeup kit, which includes with three brushes, the foundation, a blush, and the mineral veil all for $62 dollars (which is a lot for that price) and went on my merry way.

Then the next morning, when trying to apply it myself, it was just NOT working out. I kept trying over the next few days to make it work and it was just not happening for me. It was around that time of the month for me too, so my face was extra broken out. I think that is why I struggled so much with this product. With that being said, let me break down the major pro's and con's for those of you with suuuuuuuuuuper oily, acne filled faces looking into this product:

PROS:
-The products are great quality.
-You cannot feel any product on your skin what so ever.
-The kit comes with everything that you need.
-Can cover mild and small blemishes while still exposing natural face qualities like freckles and birthmarks.
-The packaging is very nice. Each container included (foundation, blush, mineral veil) has a twistable top on the actual container (I'm not talking about the twistable lid) which allows for easy trasport without having to worry about the loose powder coming out of the poke holes and thus loosing tons of product everytime you open the lid.

CONS:
-It will hide your imperfections, but only for about an hour until the oil starts to seep through. After that, everything on your face starts to show.
-Only kept my very oily face matte for about 2 1/2, maybe 3 hours (which is better than it was, but still not worth it for the lack of coverage I was getting).

I would suggest this foundation to someone who has normal to oily skin, NOT someone with super oily skin, and also someone who does not have a lot of imperfections they are wishing to hide. It is truly a great quality foundaiton, it just didn't work with my oiliness or acne.

xx jas.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2012 2:36:00 AM More reviews by Jasminetan87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

One of the best foundations i have ever used.
The product is easy to use and doesn't cake up after the entire day. Looks natural and doesn't cause any outbreaks.

Pros
-Nice natural look
-Easy to use
-Price is reasonable
-No outbreaks
-A small pea size of foundation would be sufficient

Cons
-Packaging ( would love if they would come out with a more compact version- instead of having to bring the brush out)

I m using golden fair.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/23/2012 1:46:00 AM More reviews by xobrandyxo123

I never really got the rave with this foundation. The only good thing for me were the colors, they matched beautifully. However it was messy, and hard to get out. I have red cheeks, and acne, plus scars. Didnt cover them at all. Used a ton of product, and it just flaked on my VERY oily skin. It just did nothing for me. Wont repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2012 9:42:00 AM More reviews by PassingGlimmer

I love BE foundation (original). I've tried all the other mineral make ups - from drugstore brand to other 'designer' brands and nothing works as well for me as Bare Escentuals. I just can't imagine going back to liquid foundation as the powder is so weightless. The only thing I don't like is the new packaging. Yes, it helps keep from spilling, but once you get down to the last couple of applications, it's tough to get out.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2012 3:47:00 AM More reviews by aeriekah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ive reverted back to Bare Minerals Matte in Golden Med after using Nars Sheer Matte, MAC Studio Fix, & Benefit Oxygen. I was looking for something that lasted longer & matched my skin tone. I came close to Nars but its so expensive.

One reason why I reverted back to it was because I wanted to improve my skin. Ive suffered from breakouts and small bumps on my forehead. I believe that this and my new regime have greatly improved my skin and kept the acne and bumps away. Ive never been so happy with my skin.

I used the kabuki it came with and provides medium coverage. I love that it is a perfect color match. Because its a powder it doesn't have lasting properties and I do touch up halfway through my day.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/30/2012 11:46:00 PM More reviews by sara8293

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have acne prone skin and although I love the coverage, its applies nicely and the color matched my skin great (I am latina and its often hard to find a shade that is not pink on my skin). BUT THIS MADE MY SKIN BREAKOUT and irritated it a little.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2012 7:02:00 PM More reviews by jocexdarlingg

when i first got this product, i really didnt like how it went on my face since it was my first time using a powder as a foundation and wheni started seeing little break outs here and there, i stopped using it completely. a year later, i decided to try it out again cause i really am so lazy to apply liquid foundation and wanted to try something more fresh and easy to apply. i got it in MATTE in light W15 and when i apply it, it looks like i dont have anything on. very light and clean but it definetly isnt a product to use for a night out but a running errands on a saturday morning type of makeup. i usually top it off with my laura mercier transculent powder for a finishing touch and its a perfect combination !