April 18, 2014 | 1993 users online

Foundations - Bare Escentuals - bareMinerals SPF 15 Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2012 3:47:00 AM More reviews by aeriekah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ive reverted back to Bare Minerals Matte in Golden Med after using Nars Sheer Matte, MAC Studio Fix, & Benefit Oxygen. I was looking for something that lasted longer & matched my skin tone. I came close to Nars but its so expensive.

One reason why I reverted back to it was because I wanted to improve my skin. Ive suffered from breakouts and small bumps on my forehead. I believe that this and my new regime have greatly improved my skin and kept the acne and bumps away. Ive never been so happy with my skin.

I used the kabuki it came with and provides medium coverage. I love that it is a perfect color match. Because its a powder it doesn't have lasting properties and I do touch up halfway through my day.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/30/2012 11:46:00 PM More reviews by sara8293

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have acne prone skin and although I love the coverage, its applies nicely and the color matched my skin great (I am latina and its often hard to find a shade that is not pink on my skin). BUT THIS MADE MY SKIN BREAKOUT and irritated it a little.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2012 7:02:00 PM More reviews by jocexdarlingg

when i first got this product, i really didnt like how it went on my face since it was my first time using a powder as a foundation and wheni started seeing little break outs here and there, i stopped using it completely. a year later, i decided to try it out again cause i really am so lazy to apply liquid foundation and wanted to try something more fresh and easy to apply. i got it in MATTE in light W15 and when i apply it, it looks like i dont have anything on. very light and clean but it definetly isnt a product to use for a night out but a running errands on a saturday morning type of makeup. i usually top it off with my laura mercier transculent powder for a finishing touch and its a perfect combination !

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2012 6:26:00 PM More reviews by Miahorne

BareMinerals is the only foundation i use now and it has been for a few years, due to the fact it gives the coverage of a liquid foundation but is still light and doesn't feel sticky or oily. I find you do need to re-apply it once in the day because it is powder so wares off but definitley worth it because its quite quick to apply anyway. You can build up the coverage easily enough and its not bad for your skin so i love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2012 1:11:00 AM More reviews by runawayunicorn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I won't lie - I wanted so terribly to like bareMinerals, but it just hasn't clicked. I've tried both the matte and original versions of this foundation, both of which have not worked well for my skin at all. I have oily skin and relatively large pores, both of which are accentuated only an hour or two into wearing this. The original foundation matched my skin color flawlessly, and left a nice dewyness to my skin for the first half hour. But even with primer and a setting powder, it would settle into my pores and finest of facial lines after very little time had passed, and slick off at the slightest touch. It has a very thick, cakey feel as well, despite promising to feel light and breathable. The matte foundation is a bit better but oxidizes slightly, and all of the shades are far too orangey to begin with. This foundation may work better for those with small pores/few facial blemishes/dryer skin/who are only looking to minimize redness a bit. Anyone who straggles from that description, however, stay away, lest ye be smited by the face oil gods.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2012 9:52:00 PM More reviews by underdreamskies

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This has been my everyday foundation for the past year. It looks like my natural skin, never cakey or overdone. It provides medium coverage for my acne scarring, not quite as strong as I'd like but I feel safe knowing I am giving my skin the ability to breathe easily under this gentle stuff that does still even out my skin tone and make me look glow-y in a beautiful light-reflective way (not in an oily way of course!). For me, with the proper primer, this stays intact all day long.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2012 8:09:00 AM More reviews by AnneMarie13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

i used it till the end, i liked very much, and finally i had a foundation for my skin color!
I must say this is almost a HD foundation, and they donīt claim that :)
the only thing is that it might give a dry feeling for my skin in the end of the day... still i found it a great great foundation, with great ingredients :) thank you bare escentuals! ^^

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2012 3:32:00 AM More reviews by Breezerr

I absolutley love this Product! I've been using it since 2005! I always try different Foundations because I am a make up adddict but no matter what i end up Going back to This! It is a must have in my Makeup kit! It goes on flawless, covers any flaws that I have(blemishes, couple acne scars) . Doesn't feel like I have make up on and I ALWAYS get compliments on my skin & people say they can't tell I'm wearing makeup! If used with a good primer ( I don't reccomended Primetime by bareminerals!!) it will last all day! It Controls my oils soo Well!! Most makeups bead up on my nose and look cakey if I'm outside in the heat but I've NEVER had that problem with This foundation! I do reccomended the mineral veil with this & the baremineral brushes to get the full effect! I never have to touch up like i do with liquids! Oh! & if I happen to fall asleep without washing my face WHICH IS BAD I KNOW, i dont break out!! If I do that with liquids- its guaranteed to give me a new blemish!!!! I Can't say enough good things about this product!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2012 8:25:00 PM More reviews by Afrocutie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Ok here is the rub. I hate the feel of foundation on my skin, but my skin needs foundation.
This is where BM enters. Warm Deep is my closest shade and its good but it is not at HG status. U can spend ages building up the coverage to a medium coverage. But I'm a buff n go kinda girl.
Nice base for concealer application, at present I use FF covertone which needs a lot of blending but I digress.
Needs a primer to stay on skin, will need touch up after a few hours.
No acne flair ups or irritation. If u have exceptionally oily skin. Don't bother with this.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2012 5:17:00 AM More reviews by J01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love love love this product. It is THE best foundation ever. You literally need a little bit to cover the whole of your face and neck. It gives a really natural look, I had so many compliments after using this foundation saying that my skin looked amazing. Once mentioning that I had foundation on alot of people were quite suprised. My sister however, didnt like this foundation as much as I did as she thought it didnt give enough coverage...she's used to using her MAC foundation which I find is really thick and you can tell you have foundation on which I hate. Bare Esccentuals lasts the whole day and you cant even feel that you have anything on...its really light and natural and apprently its good for your skin which is an added bonus. I love this foundation, the best thing ever !