Creative Nail Design Stickey Base Coat

4.3

Alcohol Denat., Ethyl Acetate, Heptane, Butyl Acetate, Polyvinyl Butyral, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Nitrocellulose, Tosylamide/Epoxy Resin, Ispropyl Alcohol, Benzophenone-1, CI 42090 (Blue 1), CI 47000 (Yellow 11), CI 60725 (Violet 2).

on 2/8/2012 11:23:00 PM

Bought this on a recommendation from the SA (who in hindsight I think would have recommended anything to make a sale) and was extremely unimpressed. It does nothing to make my polish last longer. Have tried all kinds of brands (OPI, Essie, Chanel, American Apparel, China Glaze, etc) along with Seche Vite top coat and get chips the next day. I will say my nails usually chip after 1-2 days, but this product did nothing for them

on 2/4/2012 6:40:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I read lots of reviews on makeupalley and heard great things from friends, and I finally decided to try this and now its a HG product. WOOO hoo! Really helps my nail polish stay on (especially when combined with seche vite top coat).

on 2/1/2012 8:05:00 AM

Wow Stickey, where have you been this entire time? This has really lived up to my expectations. The formula has been great and one thin coat under keeps my manicure lasting up to a week. Which in my history, is a pretty long running time. I really like the brush and I wish I had more bottles shaped liked the CND kind. The only major drawback I've encountered is I have a lot more untried nail polishes, since I don't feel the need to change up my chipped manicure so much. My bff's mom would always say to me, "Your nails are jewels not tools". However it's the real world, so let's face it, you might use your nails as tools if necessary. Thankfully Stickey helps keep them still look like jewels.

on 1/1/2012 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I generally don't use a base coat, because I've found that they make my nails chip faster. This stuff is amazing. I'm a nail polish peeler, this kept the color adhered to my nail even after I peeled the top coat off. It also is great at protecting from staining on my nails. After buying this, I won't ever forget to use a base coat again.

on 12/22/2011 10:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This does not make my nailpolish last longer on the nails, I think that it maybe even makes them chip faster? I used this with different brands from cheap drugstore nailpolishes to higher-end brands such as Chanel and OPI but everytime my nailpolish chips in two days and I can peel the rest off my nail including this basecoat. It does prevent my nails from staining but so does every other basecoat, I would not waste your money on this one.

on 12/16/2011 9:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse

This is not quite what I want in a basecoat...sometimes a layer of nail goes with it if there is a chip. If you have strong nails this may be right for you. For nails that can peel I would l keep looking.

on 11/21/2011 1:10:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really like this base coat! It's so quick and easy to apply and a little goes a very long way, which means it's excellent value for money because a bottle will last for ages. It's thin and it spreads and self-levels very easily. It dries very fast (probably because it's a thin coat). As the name suggests, it remains tacky (it doesn't lose the tackiness when it's dry) so that it grips the nail polish to anchor it onto the nail and provide longer wear. You can tell when it's dry because it goes almost matte. I've discovered that my nails do stain if I use it with very dark/vampy colors (once again, probably because it's so thin). That doesn't worry me though because I always have nail polish on my nails. The green color in the bottle isn't apparent under nude polishes. When it's time to remove my nail polish it comes off incredibly easily (I press a cotton ball soaked in remover onto each nail and then swipe the color off in 3-4 strokes on each nail). Also, I have the professional size bottle and have used it for almost a year and it hasn't thickened at all in the bottle.

on 9/30/2011 8:09:00 PM

This, my Zoya, Sally Hansen or Butter London polishes plus the Seche Vita topcoat give me a manicure that wears like iron. I have to keep my nails very short as they split and peel all over the place so I decided that what I lack in length I would make up for in WOW colors. So chipping is a big no-no. My nails are always perfect, well for at least 7-10 days. I am so thrilled.

on 8/8/2011 1:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I never used a base coat before and decided to try it to hold my manicures longer. After having read all the raves about this product I went to Ulta to buy it. It's okay, but doesn't seem to live up to all the hype. I started getting edge wear on day #1. It held well through day #2 but only because I reinforced the nails on my dominant hand with an extra coat of polish. It's day #3 and I have small chips at the top of the nails on my middle fingers (of both hands.)
I will also add that the reason this base coat held up at all is probably because I no longer put creamy lotion on my nails before manicures. I might have had the same results with a cheaper base coat or conversely, no base coat at all.
Looks like I'll be taking this back to Ulta.....

on 8/8/2011 12:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

CND Stickey is the best base coat I've ever used on my fingernails and toenails. It anchors my nail polish and extends wear. (I'm a frequent hand washer, so the extended wear is so helpful.) I tried CND Toughen Up recently because the store was sold out of Stickey. The Toughen Up was useless for me; within a day after using Toughen Up and topping it with two coats of color, the Toughen up was lifting off my nails. I returned it.

Popular Top/Base Coats