August 29, 2014 | 1708 users online

Top/Base Coats - Creative Nail Design - Stickey Base Coat

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2012 10:48:00 PM More reviews by janeyface

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I generally don't use a base coat, because I've found that they make my nails chip faster. This stuff is amazing. I'm a nail polish peeler, this kept the color adhered to my nail even after I peeled the top coat off. It also is great at protecting from staining on my nails. After buying this, I won't ever forget to use a base coat again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2011 10:01:00 AM More reviews by FakeLashes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This does not make my nailpolish last longer on the nails, I think that it maybe even makes them chip faster? I used this with different brands from cheap drugstore nailpolishes to higher-end brands such as Chanel and OPI but everytime my nailpolish chips in two days and I can peel the rest off my nail including this basecoat. It does prevent my nails from staining but so does every other basecoat, I would not waste your money on this one.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/16/2011 9:06:00 PM More reviews by marybob

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is not quite what I want in a basecoat...sometimes a layer of nail goes with it if there is a chip. If you have strong nails this may be right for you. For nails that can peel I would l keep looking.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2011 1:10:00 AM More reviews by sweetness10

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this base coat! It's so quick and easy to apply and a little goes a very long way, which means it's excellent value for money because a bottle will last for ages. It's thin and it spreads and self-levels very easily. It dries very fast (probably because it's a thin coat). As the name suggests, it remains tacky (it doesn't lose the tackiness when it's dry) so that it grips the nail polish to anchor it onto the nail and provide longer wear. You can tell when it's dry because it goes almost matte. I've discovered that my nails do stain if I use it with very dark/vampy colors (once again, probably because it's so thin). That doesn't worry me though because I always have nail polish on my nails. The green color in the bottle isn't apparent under nude polishes. When it's time to remove my nail polish it comes off incredibly easily (I press a cotton ball soaked in remover onto each nail and then swipe the color off in 3-4 strokes on each nail). Also, I have the professional size bottle and have used it for almost a year and it hasn't thickened at all in the bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2011 8:09:00 PM More reviews by shelly59

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This, my Zoya, Sally Hansen or Butter London polishes plus the Seche Vita topcoat give me a manicure that wears like iron. I have to keep my nails very short as they split and peel all over the place so I decided that what I lack in length I would make up for in WOW colors. So chipping is a big no-no. My nails are always perfect, well for at least 7-10 days. I am so thrilled.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/8/2011 1:19:00 PM More reviews by ehunyadi

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I never used a base coat before and decided to try it to hold my manicures longer. After having read all the raves about this product I went to Ulta to buy it. It's okay, but doesn't seem to live up to all the hype. I started getting edge wear on day #1. It held well through day #2 but only because I reinforced the nails on my dominant hand with an extra coat of polish. It's day #3 and I have small chips at the top of the nails on my middle fingers (of both hands.)
I will also add that the reason this base coat held up at all is probably because I no longer put creamy lotion on my nails before manicures. I might have had the same results with a cheaper base coat or conversely, no base coat at all.
Looks like I'll be taking this back to Ulta.....

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2011 12:48:00 PM More reviews by esessa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

CND Stickey is the best base coat I've ever used on my fingernails and toenails. It anchors my nail polish and extends wear. (I'm a frequent hand washer, so the extended wear is so helpful.) I tried CND Toughen Up recently because the store was sold out of Stickey. The Toughen Up was useless for me; within a day after using Toughen Up and topping it with two coats of color, the Toughen up was lifting off my nails. I returned it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2011 8:16:00 PM More reviews by meliatx1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

this stuff really makes my polish stick. Also, buff and put alchohol on before.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2011 1:23:00 PM More reviews by hellokittyqueen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My HG base coat. Can't use anything else! First of all, I've had this since December now and it's more than half empty, and it's NOT thick! It's still perfection! That's a huge plus in my book. And I love the finish it gives, once it dries it dries to a matte-ish finish, which I think gives me the perfect base to work with. Never gonna try another base coat unless I HAVE to, and i mean HAVE to, because Stickey is the best for me! And I'm sure it's a given, it definitely makes my mani's last more than any other base coat I've tried. ♥

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2011 9:06:00 PM More reviews by contrariwhys

Very nice base coat. Makes my nails feel smooth and glides on so easily.
Remember this is only a base coat though. Sadly it does not strengthen nails or make them healthier but you can't have it all I suppose. Still it's excellent for what it's supposed to do!