December 22, 2014 | 1466 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2014 4:57:00 PM More reviews by beverlywho

If you want to splurge on only one item in your skincare regimen, let this be it. I did not know what clean skin was before I began cleansing with the Clarisonic. I use it with Boscia's purifying cleansing gel and it does an amazing job of stripping my skin of leftover makeup residue, oil, and whatever other dirt that's been accumulated during the day. I prefer the acne-prone and deep pore heads for more penetrative cleansing. I truly feel like this tool has been vital in helping me gradually clear up my skin. This is, to me, a must-have.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2014 5:02:00 PM More reviews by paine724

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A little about my skin: I have dry cheeks and slightly normal/oily tzone especially around the nose and I am acne prone.
I used to be in the camp of only using chemical exfoliants on my face such as AHA and BHA. However, physical exfoliation was the only way my skin would ever be soft and glowing. I've used knock offs (olay) of this that really didn't do much for my skin. Enter the clarisonic.

First off, this is ABSOLUTELY an exfoliating tool and not a cleansing tool as it's marketed. I got this with the sensitive brush head and I still find that using this 2x a day is way too much. I use this 1x a day (at night!) every other day. Yes, it absolutely removes makeup but I would recommend an oil cleanser first to remove makeup and then use the clarisonic to get the rest of it out.
I didn't experience much of a purge phase but that may be because I didn't use it 2x a day everyday. I will say, that my skin type has a changed from dry (on my cheeks) to far more normal and my nose has become a bit oiler but that's probably from removing the layers of skin that prevented this from happening before.

Overall, the clarisonic has really made my skin glow and look healthy. I have broken out a little but nothing cystic like some others experienced. The cleanser it came with isn't my favorite and I prefer to use a more hydrating gel cleanser with it (by Cerave)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2014 10:54:00 PM More reviews by rainbowdashies

My skin: is slightly oily with dry patches, I mainly purchased the clarisonic (after a loooong time debating whether the price was worth it) for my acne, I am 16 and during the summer I break out everywhere.
I must say this product should be literally essential for everyone with a face! I couldn't believe how much cleaner and pure my face feels after using it, if I didn't use my clarisonic my face just felt grimy and my whole life I actually thought it was getting clean each night.
As for the acne..my face was pretty much completely clear in about 2 weeks. This product though expensive is absolutely worth every penny. My face looks absolutely flawless when I apply makeup and it is sooo smooth.
The best thing about this product in my opinion is that no matter what cleanser I use, it works! Everytime, I feel like my face absorbs all the goodness of cleansers and creams.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2014 6:28:00 AM More reviews by maddison123

Worth every cent! I couldn't live without my clarisonic. I use it every second night, and every other night I exfoliate (chemical exfoliator). My skin feels so clean after using the clarisonic and it looks cleaner and healthier in general. I've been using for about 6 months now. It took about 6 weeks or so to really start seeing a difference but ever since my skin has been amazing

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2014 5:20:00 PM More reviews by Nova0407

I bought the clarisonic Mia from sephora in 2012 when I got my first job. This is what I bought with my first paycheck. I heard great reviews about it all over youtube so I decided to splurge because I was desperate to try anything out if it would clear my troubled skin. I've struggled with acne since I was in the 5th grade, I am now on my 4th year of college. So when I got my clarisonic, I was super excited to use it. First night I used it, it wasn't what I expected but it did make my skin sorta soft. Second night I used it, same experience, then the next morning I woke up with cystic acne near my jawline and chin. At the time I never got those painful zits, my face was just full of painless bumps. I was aware of that "purging" stage but my face was just so bad from it, I just ended up returning it. Now it's 2014 and my skin has gotten a lot better from 2 years ago but I still have flaws. I still have those tiny bumps, and acne scars(hyper pigmentation) everywhere. My cousin was gifted a clarisonic Mia for Christmas but it broke her out badly the first use so she stopped using it for months and recently asked if I wanted it. I said sure, I'll give it another try. So I've been using it again since June 15, and it's actually working better than the first time I've used it. Plus It hasn't broke me out. I only use it whenever I wear makeup. So about 3-4 times a week ONLY AT NIGHT. I remove my makeup with a baby wipe, use extra Virgin Olive oil to break down the makeup and wipe away with cotton pad, I wash my face with Dudu Osun black soap, then I wash again with same soap but using my clarisonic. I just bought the acne cleansing head yesterday and I really like it! It's more plush.. Overall I really enjoy it now, i can tell a difference in using other cleasners. Most of my cleansers say it gives a tingling sensation that I've never experienced until I use my clarisonic. I guess it makes skincare products work more effective.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2014 3:40:00 AM More reviews by GinaBina45

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My brother ended up buying this so we could both use it (with different brushes, obviously.) but I ended up using it more. I never had that purge period or any problems with this product, really. My skin always ends up soft after each time I use it and it feels really clean. Sometimes I can see leftover makeup on the blush that my cleanser missed and I cringe that that would have normally been on my face. This is definitely a staple product in my skincare routine!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2014 9:45:00 AM More reviews by Cherrybello

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Black

I was kind of skeptical about this for quite a long time, and troweled through review after review about the Clarisonic , all the negatives (pretty horrible accounts) and the positives (all the YouTube raves). It is sort of expensive but I had a Myers gift card, and it is not that much more expensive than the US retail price. I thought I'll just give it away or eBay it if it doesn't work for me. First week I used it every night with the sensitive brush head and waited for the "purge period" everyone was talking about with trepidation... But after 3 weeks, nothing happened, no mass pustule break outs, no broken capillaries, nothing. I was left with smooth and blemish free skin. I used to have a few spots that pops up randomly around my cheeks and my chin... that doesn't happen anymore. For better clean for my over large pores I use the pore cleansing brush head, and it gives a lot better clean than the sensitive head. So I switch between the two brush heads each night, and clean it with boiling water and peroxide afterwards. Having used it almost nightly for over 3 months and so far had no problems with both the Mia and my face.

I have read so many reviews about broken capillaries and mass breakouts and all sorts of horrible things that never happened to me. I even used it through a period of skin infection where I kept having patches of dry skin, and this manages to lightly buff it off and keeping my skin moisturised. The trick is to be very very gentle, and under no circumstances press the brush head against the skin with force. The type of face wash you use with it is also really important, never use face wash with beads or any exfoliating stuff! The battery lasts ages as well, I have come home for holidays for exactly 3 weeks without the charger and battery is still going strong. It is the best beauty investment I have done in my life so far, and I don't regret the purchase in the slightest.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2014 2:20:00 AM More reviews by laurennr23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had to take the time to come write a review because today I woke up with clear skin for the first time in at least 5 years. I hardly knew what to do with myself other than jump for joy because I love my clarisonic mia!!! It's simpler than the regular clarisonic which is why it's cheaper but It has everything I need and nothing I don't. I feel like it does clean out my pores better than just my hands which allows my skin care products to absorb into my skin better and work to their full potential. I'm so glad that I bought this, it was well worth the price. There is all of this talk about the "purge phase" but I thought of it as more of a transition phase. You're skin is going to change and it might break out for a couple weeks but if you power through it you'll love the results. I did break out a little more than usual on my chin during my first few weeks of using the device, however I knew I needed to breakout there because there were so many bumps trapped underneath my skin. Now there's nothing there! Definitely recommend to anyone!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2014 2:25:00 PM More reviews by luisawang1

Three weeks in and I'm in love with this product!! It has made my face incredibly smooth. I tend to get small bumps on my face during the summertime, but most of them have disappeared after using this product!!! I'm in love and don't think I can ever go back to a regular cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2014 9:39:00 PM More reviews by Leonor222

So I decided to register and take 5 minutes out of my life to say how absolutely wonderful this device is. This beautiful hand held plastic brush rotator- face modifier- never- going-without-it- again device literally feels like it's been handcrafted and molded by the almighty God himself. Okay excuse my over the top description but on a serious note - this is great. I have normal skin but my face has a sort of texture that is bumpy - I know, what kind of face is that? Long story short, my clarisonic got rid of it and I have baby soft skin. Total necessity - going through 2000 reviews? JUST GET IT!