April 19, 2014 | 1042 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 1 of 5 on 1/11/2014 3:07:00 AM More reviews by lotusflower111

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought the mia 2 from Macy's. Guess I should have read the reviews first. In the beginning it was good to feel so soft skin and get the extra clean sensation. After a week I started seeing that the lines under my eyes were more visible. I am 37, but look much younger (thank God!) and this wasn't a good result, obviously. Then, the area around my mouth got totally dry, started flaking, looked like I had dry caramel all over that part. I had to shave it to get rid of that. Then, I notice that it does dry out my skin even though I haven't used it a couple of times. Also, it does make my face look swollen. I swear that I was thinking that my nose and chin looked puffed. I googled it and there are other girls who found the same. And the brush gives me the idea of something that isn't clean or won't stay clean for long. It keeps having little bubbles and there is no proper way to keep it neat. Anyways, I gave it a try but thank God I bought it from Macy's and kept the receipt and the box because tomorrow the Mia 2 goes back. Just get it if you have really oily skin and don't use it everyday like they say.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2014 3:48:00 PM More reviews by loobyloo1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The Clarisonic Mia is no joke. I have the type of skin that requires daily light exfoliation, if it doesn't get it, it gets angry and spotty. When I first bought it, I used it twice daily which was too much for my face. My dermatologist did warn me that I would experience an initial breakout using the Mia and she was right. However, using it only at night, with the acne brush head has helped keep my skin clear and creates the perfect canvas for my nightly skin treatments.

I only wish the Mia had the beeping timer (to remind you to move to a new area) variable speeds, and hard case that the Mia 2 comes with, but I can honestly say it does the job of getting my skin clean, and has eliminated the need for scrubs or chemical exfoliants in my routine.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2014 4:36:00 PM More reviews by noharmdone

Let me just begin by saying I was extrememly skeptical about this product!
I have always suffered from pimples. When I was younger, I had servere acne across my whole face, after trying everything else, I went on the pill which did clear it up, but not fully. I would still get regular pimples and deep sore acne that wouldnt leave for weeks. I also had little bumps on my skin which I could never get rid of. My skin is oily/combo but extrememly sensitive.
I put off purchasing this product because everyone talked about the 'purging stage' which I was afraid of but eventually caved & bought one after spending my days reading reviews.
This product is AMAZING. The first 2-3 days I did suffer purging. After that, my skin completely cleared up! It is so smooth and fresh looking, my makeup just glides on! My little bumps have all gone & I dont wake up with a new pimple every morning anymore!
Downside - I didnt use it for 2 days as I was away from home & I woke up with pimples again.. but they cleared straight up the day after I got home and thoroughly cleansed my face again with it! I use the original Mia with delicate brush head + Philosophy Purity cleanser/Neutrogena deep clean foaming cleanser. HIGHLY RECOMMEND CLARISONIC TO ANYONE WANTING NICER, CLEANER, HEALTHIER LOOKING SKIN!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2014 1:43:00 PM More reviews by Aylapc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

It is my third week using the Mia. I have suffered from moderate acne for the last 10 years and the first two weeks were heaven! Soft, smooth skin and not a single breakout. But now going on the third week, my skin has completely fallen apart. It's flaky and dry on too of a ton of breakouts.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2014 2:34:00 AM More reviews by Moonjellie14

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Finally decided to take the plunge to purchase a Mia 2 and have been using it for a week. So far I have not experienced the "purge" like what many other reviewers have written about but strangely, I did notice an increase in oiliness which is starting to recede gradually. The sides of my nose and area below my lower lip has been congested for so long that I've come to take it as "inevitable" and "normal". But guess what? My Mia 2 has taken them all out and I didn't even have to squeeze them out after cleansing! The deeper congestion in my cheeks that I didn't even know i had came up easily after cleansing and a gentle squeeze cleared the pore thoroughly.

I was afraid of overexfoliating and was using the sensitive brush head only once in the evening after I've cleansed my make up. Though my skin felt a little raw at the end of the 1-minute cleansing, there was never redness on my face. In fact, my complexion after cleansing looks beautifully even and smooth. But I decided to try it twice a day from day 4 onwards and use it with an even lighter hand (I was kinda pressing it a little into my skin) and I have never been more impressed with my skin's cleanliness and decongestion! Perhaps with the lighter pressure I use now against my skin, my skin no longer feels raw too. One of my best investments ever and I'm looking forward to trying the deep pore brush now :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2014 11:34:00 PM More reviews by keetandkeiko

I've had bad acne for several years and I just could never get it to go away. I've tried creams, pills, antibiotics, everything - and my acne never got drastically better. I received the clarisonic a few months ago, and it has drastically changed and improved my skin for the better! I rarely get whiteheads, I get a few cystic bumps every now and then, and my black heads are 75% gone. This is the absolute best tool I have ever used for my skin. I use it at night after I have taken off all my makeup. It feels so soft smooth, and clean. Definitely worth the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2014 4:29:00 PM More reviews by kmabel07

The Mia 2 has greatly improved my skin texture, but took about a week to get the right frequency of use for me. I noticed extreme dryness when used twice a day, and instead moved to once every other day and have seen big improvements. It is a bit overpriced for what it is.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2014 10:40:00 PM More reviews by Fuzzmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for almost a year. I didn't notice a difference until I changed brushes. I use it once a day before bedtime. With the right brush and cleanser this is a must-have for excellent skin care regime. I just wish I had 2- 1 for home use and 1 for travel.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2014 10:31:00 PM More reviews by keia1113

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using the Clarisonic mia 2 with the sensitive head brush twice a day for two months and have seen a big improvement in the texture and clarity of my skin. I did experience a purge/increase in acne & acne size during the first week of use but it cleared quickly and my skins overall appearance improved week by week.

I don't have sensitive skin, my skin very is acne/clog prone and extremely oily but besides the initial purge I haven't had any adverse side effects . Adding this tool to my skin care routine has dramatically improved my skin.

The battery has a very long life span, I charged it only once in the two month span I've had it. I'm glad I finally took the plunge & invested in one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2013 8:06:00 PM More reviews by Vanessamucho

This is such a must for me. I am all about protecting my face now from free radical and antioxidant damage and really exfoliating the top layer of my skin has made all the difference in my appearance.

I think it helps also absorb the topical products I put on better because it is a fresh coat of skin constantly that is new and alive on the surface