September 23, 2014 | 946 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2014 9:38:00 PM More reviews by Gardengrenade

I have struggled over the years with my skin. There doesn't seem to be a day that goes by that I don't have some sort of a nasty pimple, granted I'm blessed I don't get many at a time, but the ones I do get are vicious. I've always been into skin care and I have tried countless different cleansers, tools for cleansing, moisturizers, toners, etc. Tried every combination and every gadget. Finally I bit the bullet as I've been eyeing the Clarisonic Mia for months, but I had a rough time justifying spending nearly $200. I am so glad I did. My skin has never been better and I rarely get any break outs. My skin felt and feels AMAZING after I use it, and I've had it for just about 5 months now and the novelty has not worn off. Still fun to use, still gets the job done. I love how it's waterproof, and I love how long it lasts without being charged. All around an amazing little gadget. If you're on the fence about this, get off of it and go buy it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2014 3:13:00 AM More reviews by Sinochick

I've had my Mia for a week and I felt my skin was cleaner and smooth after my first use. I now use the Mia for my nighttime ski care routine but not in the morning. I'm very happy with this purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2014 9:50:00 PM More reviews by allyxo141

Overall:
I am actually writing a review for the Mia 2, however there is not much difference between the two. I LOVE my clarisonic. Before I used it I constantly had breakouts, there was never a moment where my skin was completely pimple free. Now that I use it its rare for me to have breakouts. Obviously, around that time of the month its inevitable and I will get 1 or 2 pimples which is nothing compared to what it used to be. I 100% recommend it, for anyone who is trying to improve there skin, definitely worth the price.
Details:
-I use it twice a day everyday, with the spectro gel cleanser. Usually about once a week I skip using it so I can use a scrub.
-Everyone talks about the "purge" of acne that they get in the first month, but honestly I didn't notice any too crazy breakouts.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2014 9:08:00 PM More reviews by taylor123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Before I say anything I'm going to describe my skin a little bit. I was just diagnosed with a thyroid condition a few months ago and apart from all the other horrendous symptoms I was getting my skin in particular started to go bonkers. I've never had skin problems up until maybe a year or so ago. I started to get skin "texture" or those little tiny flesh colored bumps on my cheeks. They are impossible to get rid of because they literally have no purpose, they're not red or blackheads and they just sit there. I also had dry patches that were flaking and I had oily spots. I think my skin may have been super dehydrated or I was having a hormone roller coaster ride. I saw a dermatologist, she superscribed an antibiotic which I wasnt crazy about cause taking a pill for acne seems a little unhealthy to me. I also went to an estetician and had a few facials but my skin continued to be very unbalanced and just weird. My birthday comes around and I decided to give the clarisonic mia a try.

-it removes ALLLLL my makeup. I typically wear a full face of makeup during the day, and I use my Cetaphil cleanser with my clarisionic and this things gets every bit of makeup off my face. I use a toner as well and there is never anything left over on the cotton pad. This thing gets your face clean as a whistle. Makes me realize how dirty my pores were before I started using this. EW.
-it got rid of all those annoying dry patches. My skin is so smooth and feels exfoliated but not over exfoliated. It's not a harsh exfoliation at all.
-my skin has also been much less oily. It looks glowy but not oily.
-got rid of the blackheads I had on my nose.
-got rid of the nasty little bumps on my cheeks, I thought nothing would get rid of those stupid things but this did over about a 4-6 week period.
-i did go through this "skin purging" phase that everyone speaks off. Some stuff that was hanging out in my skin was brought to the surface but it cleared up within 3 days at the most. your skin might get a little worse before it gets better.
-this has made my skincare products work better. i find that masks and oils work better for me and i get faster results.
-you dont have to push the brushead on your skin too hard. the motion will do most of the work for you. it feels like a face massage, i just let it gently glide over my face. dont push too hard or it wont work right.
-they have a couple different brush heads to try, they have a deep cleansing one, they have one for acne and a couple others. I use the deep cleansing cause its super soft and not too harsh. Brush heads are 25 dollars a piece which is a little pricey, wish they were cheaper but they last 4 months before you have to change them.
-has a magnetic charger which is so convenient! it doesnt sit in one of those charging cradles that fall over. it doesnt take up any space on my bathroom counter. it does take 24 hours to fully charge but I charge mine over night so when i wake up it wont die on me.
-comes in many pretty colors. I got mine in pink!
-the whole clarisonic deal is about 200 dollars. expensive but worth it.
Overall this has completely changed my skin. Nothing else works like this. i have nothing bad to say about it and at first I was very skeptical cause its very expensive and seemed over-hyped. I can totally see why people go crazy for this. I am in love!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2014 11:39:00 PM More reviews by luckylauram

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have used everything from buf pufs, to the Olay spin brush, wash cloths and this. The Mia has made a world of difference in my skin. It somehow gets the deep down gunk out of my chin, cheeks and nose, smooths the texture of my skin overall, but never over-exfoliates or makes me red. I use this between 2 and 5 times a week and really notice a difference if I use it fewer than twice a week. My skin rarely breaks out any more, and it clears up much more quickly. I am so in love with this brush!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2014 10:15:00 PM More reviews by rjdcccslp

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this thing. It is expensive, but worth every penny. I previously was using topical retinoids to chemically exfoliate my skin. My skin was really dry this past winter, so I stopped using the retinoid and only used my Clarisonic and Cerave lotion. My skin is the best it has ever been. I swear. Amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2014 12:06:00 AM More reviews by already30

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wish I would've had one decades ago!!!
I hate spending money on iffy gadgets. Got this on sale during Black Friday and I'm so glad I did. Now I don't feel like I always need to find a better exfoliator and I also feel like a budget cleanser is just fine, because the Clairsonic is doing the deep cleaning. In the long run, it's saving me money and my skin is doing better.
Also, the generic replacement brushes on Amazon are working just fine for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2014 3:38:00 PM More reviews by allymack

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Unless you were born with perfect, poreless, blemish-free skin, you want one of these.
I have had my Clarisonic Mia for over four years now. For the first few months I used it, I didn't think it was making a huge difference. However, at some point maybe three years ago I went for about a month without using my Clarisonic, and that's when it dawned on me what an improvement this tool makes. When you start, the effects are relatively gradual so you might not see a major difference.
What I think the Clarisonic helps with: those little raised, colourless bumps that you typically get on your forehead - I think these are supposed to be clogged pores. Reducing blackheads in size and number. A brighter, smoother, more youthful, glowing skin tone. Exfoliation, and giving a really perfect, smooth base for makeup.
Also, I mentioned that I've had my Clarisonic for four years, and I think this alone indicates pretty amazing quality. Anytime I buy an expensive device, I'm concerned about how much life it's really going to have. I haven't noticed the Clarisonic losing its battery life in all of the time I've had it, nor have I had any other problems with it breaking or working improperly in any way. I've travelled with it many times, dropped it on the hard bathroom floor and in the shower on many occasions, and generally not treated it with the care it deserves. This is one sturdy mofo.
The biggest con of the Clarisonic is the cost of replacing the brush head. I would recommend replacing the brush head every three to four months. When you change out the brush head after three months, you will notice it works better. The bristles are straighter and firmer, and over the course of three months they will shift around a bit, bend, and become less effective. That said, the brush heads are expensive. I'd recommend buying a pack of four rather than purchasing the individually packaged heads, and buy online rather than in a store like Sephora, where they tend to overcharge and rarely sell packs of four. Fwiw, I think the "deep cleansing" brush heads work the best.
If you can't afford to replace the heads every three months, I'd recommend Googling for advice on disinfecting the brush head with alcohol or similar in order to avoid distributing bacteria, which accumulates on the brush over time, across your face as you cleanse.
I want to briefly mention my favourite skincare products to use with the Clarisonic in case someone reading these reviews, looking for a total skincare overhaul, might find success with them like I have: Himalaya Naturals Neem and Turmeric cleanser for normal to oily skin, and Now jojoba oil for moisturizer after cleansing. I stumbled on these about two years ago, and I'm never looking back. These products in conjunction with the Clarisonic have made my skin has been the best I've seen it, the most consistently, since I was like twelve years old.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2014 8:41:00 PM More reviews by juliawilson22

I am in love with this thing, wholeheartedly. It's so expensive for a personal care item, yes. But it was the best investment I've ever made for myself. I'm so glad I bought this! Anyone with any type of skin can use this and it will be a miracle worker.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2014 6:35:00 AM More reviews by babyschla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This product has changed my life. I have gone from oily, blackhead prone skin to normal skin. I use this every day especially on my nose and the crease area between my lips and chin (where I get blackheads) and my skin is now very clear (except the odd hormonal cheek breakout) and radiant. I can't recommend this enough-I have tried everything including monthly facials with extractions. NOTHING works as well as this does. Hands down the bed beauty purchase I ever made. Also as a bonus, it makes all your cleansers last longer as you need so little with the ClarisOnic.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No