August 1, 2014 | 1191 users online

Powder - Giorgio Armani - Silk Powder Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2005 2:03:00 PM More reviews by Jann7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Silk Powder Foundation in #3 is a perfect match.It applies seamlessly,and doesn't turn orange like Lancome's Dual Finish.I use it alone or over LSF#4 for a more polished look.I like that I can just purchase refills and can build up coverage without looking chalky.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/9/2005 11:24:00 PM More reviews by KarenMixa

Don't waste your $$ on this one. This powder has a chalky finish that gathers in any flakies. I have combo skin and I am using RAM, so not only did it gather in the flakies, but I greased up again in about one hour. Save you $$ here folks-it is just hype...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2004 4:28:00 PM More reviews by mu_atalltimes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

I use this brushed over my LSF 5.5/FS #10 and what a great finish. not cakey or dry looking. this face combo is a no brainer and i will continue to repurchase as long as they make it. (along with lsf & fs)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2004 10:28:00 AM More reviews by neicy81

This is my HG and I just bought it yesterday!I have endlessly searching for a powder foundation that matched my skin perfectly, gave great coverage and didn't give me breakouts like MAC's Studio Fix. This is it!It is expensive at $45 but it's worth it.You can apply it wet or dry and doesn't break me out or leave me looking orange.I will repurchase this until I'm old and decrepit!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2004 11:35:00 PM More reviews by PoisonedIvy

While the color match is fantastic- #1 is absolutely exactly right- this powder doesn't apply terribly smoothly on me. It tends to look a bit patchy. My Cover Girl powder has a better texture. But the color match is so hard to find, I'm willing to fuss with it for a bit longer. It defintely doesn't work by itself, I have to use it over a sheer foundation. It just has very little coverage- no more than most pressed powders. Still, I wasn't planning to wear this by itself- just over sheer foundation.Edit 12/15/04: Oh my flippin' god. I hit PAN today, and I haven't even used it every day, or anytime other than in the AM. And it sure doesn't seem that I cake it on. If I'd paid the ridiculous full price (rather than for the $11 refill price on ebay) I'd be furious at how little is in the pan- it's so shallow! Also, I think that L'Oreal Air Wear powder foundation is virtually identical in color and texture (that is, patchy coverage, clingyness to dry bits, but good color match in light range. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2004 10:44:00 PM More reviews by Lani

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Love this foundation. Goes on like a dream - very silky, very light. Yet it somehow gives enough of an "oomph" to give me even skin tone and a subtle glow. Non-shimmery, very natural looking. Very pricy at $48, but you can get less expensive testers on Ebay if you're willing to sacrifice the packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2004 10:48:00 AM More reviews by wasabi007

I got #4 in Saks (FL) and I love it. Great used as powder over foundation. Then I got #5 while I was traveling in HK. It has a bonus SPF 15 (It is made in Japan). I use #4 in winter and #5 in summer. Beautiful shade.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2004 12:42:00 AM More reviews by katrinachips

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It comes in a great colour range and cool packaging. Mine is 5 which matches with my colour like a dream - no pink/white cast. Applied quickly with a face brush, it is my busy-day foundation, on top of primer/fluid sheer. Unlike many powder foundation, this one never changes colour or turns rusty in the afternoon. I don't find I need any touch-ups too.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2004 1:53:00 PM More reviews by kogepan

I'm a huge fan of GA products and therefore bought this untested and unseen. I was quite disappointed. I asked an MA at an Armani event about this product a while ago and she did not recommend it to be used alone. It's more of a finishing powder to go on top of MSF or LSF. I should have listened to her. Although it has the same light texture as the loose powders and is very sheer once applied, it did not control my oilies nor did it cover uneven skintone as well as I would have liked. Stila IPF has a little bit more coverage. My skin has been acting weird since I returned from vacation recently, so I will retest this again to see if it might perform better. Currently, I would not repurchase. I give it a 2 for the pretty rechargable compact.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2004 7:19:00 AM More reviews by artemis16

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't use foundations, mainly because I don't really need the coverage and can normally sort out any imperfections with the concealer. I do keep a pressed powder in my purse though as I have an oily T-zone. As a result, I wasn't looking for much coverage, more for something to unify colour and keep oiliness at bay. A MA tried this on me using a brush and it looked incredibly smooth, luminous and beautiful and my skin felt so soft! I have finally given in and bought this in #5, which looks very good on my lightly tanned skin. I like the fact that it's refillable, so even though I'll have to change the colour when winter sets in, I won't have to pay the full price. It's an excellent product, retails at £28 in the UK but it's worth it.