MAC Lustre in Syrup

4.4

on 11/16/2013 6:20:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

What an absolutely gorgeous colour! It's so pretty and I think it would be flattering on every skin tone. It's a deeper pink that would work for everyday wear. It's got a touch of sofistication that would make it completely appropriate to wear to work. It's got a beautiful shiny finish and the shine stays put for a few hours. After that the colour is still there but if you love shiny finishes as much as I do, reapplying will be a must. It doesn't dry out my lips at all and I think this will become a staple in my makeup collection! Great job MAC!

on 10/12/2013 12:59:00 AM

Syrup is such a beautiful color! this is my go to color for both work and a girls night out. Very pretty neutral color that looks good on all skin tones!

on 9/30/2013 1:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I would describe Syrup as a mauve-pink with slight lavender undertones. I do find that because of the lavender undertones it can pull a bit too cool on me whereas I prefer more warm pink-brown shades. I bought this online without seeing it in person based off its popularity at the time on YouTube, but sadly I regret purchasing this shade. This is my first Lustre finish lipstick from MAC and to me it isn't moisturising at all, but actually drying which I didn't expect. Lasting power is average for a non-matte formula, get a 1-2 hours of wear before it wears off (without eating that is). Overall, I think this shade is for someone who likes cool tone shades and that doesn't like vibrant, pigmented lipsticks and does not need their lipstick to last long. I would not repurchase.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have had this lipstick for over a year and it is a staple in my makeup bag. I have NC25 coloring and this shade is a perfect MLB shade. I would describe it as a neutral mauve pink. It's a Lustre finish which for me reads like a gloss just a lot less sticky. It lasts for an hour or two before fading which I find typical for most moisturizing lipsticks that have a glossy finish. Not a problem for me other than the fact that I can use up a tube of this stuff in under six months. I would purchase again and have, it's nice to just throw in my purse or pocket for a quick swab of color and moisture in a pinch. It makes my lips look fuller and it's the perfect shade for a neutral eye look to wear to the office/school/daytime etc. I've paired it with Plum lip pencil in the Fall for a bolder look and it pairs nicely.

on 8/17/2013 12:17:00 PM

This is my first mac lipstick and its safe to say am in love the only thing i don't like is the smell . The packaging is so sleek and compact and i have a fair complexion so it compliments my skin tone . the colour Its self is beautiful its a purple pink toned lipstick and has a lovely sheen to it overall i would buy it again .

on 8/6/2013 9:19:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I am on the fence with this lipstick. I feel like it's my lip color and my viva glam V does that for me already.... I might keep it I might now... it is not very moisturizing for me. I might keep it because in the winter I will pale up a little bit.. then it might look great

on 7/21/2013 10:50:00 AM

a nude plum color perfect for every day and for every skin tone. don't be intimidated by the color - it goes on so pigmented yet naturally. this is even better than your-lips-but-better. try this out! love the texture too.

on 7/8/2013 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this lipstick. A beautiful roses shade with a hint of plum. It's sheer so it looks more natural and I find it doesn't dry out my lips. Only con is due to the sheerness it wears off faster than some other colors I have.

I LOVE this lipstick. For reference I am an nw15 quite pale and this is such a natural shade on me. It's one of those lipsticks you can just apply,don't even need a mirror and your lips look great. It's also very moisturizing which is a huge bonus!

on 5/31/2013 6:34:00 PM

love love love. Perfect for everyday, looks good on every client I've ever put it on. Can go from day to night. Doesn't dry out my lips or emphasize the fine lines. Definitely re-purchasing.

Recommended for Medium Skin