MAC Lustre in Syrup

4.4

on 1/13/2014 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

The perfect everyday lipstick! It's a sheer medium pink with mauve undertones. Works for daytime/ work or a night out, and feels very moisturizing.

In love with this color! I wanted a pretty pink for everyday use and this is perfect! I have quite pigmented lips which I hate cause there not pigmented enough to wear nothing on the but so pigmented that I struggle wearing paler shade! This shade is just beautiful it's a mid pink with a hint of purpley mauve! I totally love it and will repurchase again and again! I love lustre finishes! So beautiful and dewy looking! Comes with the territory that there not long lasting and u do have to keep reapplying but I don't mind! Definitely recommend you try this lipcolour!

on 12/13/2013 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have medium pigmented lips and pale with cool undertones skin. I love this lipstick, it's about a shade darker than my natural colour, goes on sheer, perfect for every day wear and part of my "no makeup" look.

at last i have found the perfect everyday pink for pale skin and blonde hair - lovely texture and fantastic colour - i may never look at another lipstick again!

on 11/16/2013 6:20:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

What an absolutely gorgeous colour! It's so pretty and I think it would be flattering on every skin tone. It's a deeper pink that would work for everyday wear. It's got a touch of sofistication that would make it completely appropriate to wear to work. It's got a beautiful shiny finish and the shine stays put for a few hours. After that the colour is still there but if you love shiny finishes as much as I do, reapplying will be a must. It doesn't dry out my lips at all and I think this will become a staple in my makeup collection! Great job MAC!

on 10/12/2013 12:59:00 AM

Syrup is such a beautiful color! this is my go to color for both work and a girls night out. Very pretty neutral color that looks good on all skin tones!

on 9/30/2013 1:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I would describe Syrup as a mauve-pink with slight lavender undertones. I do find that because of the lavender undertones it can pull a bit too cool on me whereas I prefer more warm pink-brown shades. I bought this online without seeing it in person based off its popularity at the time on YouTube, but sadly I regret purchasing this shade. This is my first Lustre finish lipstick from MAC and to me it isn't moisturising at all, but actually drying which I didn't expect. Lasting power is average for a non-matte formula, get a 1-2 hours of wear before it wears off (without eating that is). Overall, I think this shade is for someone who likes cool tone shades and that doesn't like vibrant, pigmented lipsticks and does not need their lipstick to last long. I would not repurchase.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have had this lipstick for over a year and it is a staple in my makeup bag. I have NC25 coloring and this shade is a perfect MLB shade. I would describe it as a neutral mauve pink. It's a Lustre finish which for me reads like a gloss just a lot less sticky. It lasts for an hour or two before fading which I find typical for most moisturizing lipsticks that have a glossy finish. Not a problem for me other than the fact that I can use up a tube of this stuff in under six months. I would purchase again and have, it's nice to just throw in my purse or pocket for a quick swab of color and moisture in a pinch. It makes my lips look fuller and it's the perfect shade for a neutral eye look to wear to the office/school/daytime etc. I've paired it with Plum lip pencil in the Fall for a bolder look and it pairs nicely.

on 8/17/2013 12:17:00 PM

This is my first mac lipstick and its safe to say am in love the only thing i don't like is the smell . The packaging is so sleek and compact and i have a fair complexion so it compliments my skin tone . the colour Its self is beautiful its a purple pink toned lipstick and has a lovely sheen to it overall i would buy it again .

on 8/6/2013 9:19:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I am on the fence with this lipstick. I feel like it's my lip color and my viva glam V does that for me already.... I might keep it I might now... it is not very moisturizing for me. I might keep it because in the winter I will pale up a little bit.. then it might look great

Popular Lipsticks