July 26, 2014 | 1081 users online

Blush - NARS - Desire

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 8:06:00 AM More reviews by doris98

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Nars blushes are hit or miss with me. Orgasm doesn't work on me, and some colors either don't show up, or fade too quickly. Desire is one though that I love. It lasts a decent amount of time on my oily skin, and if I want to make sure it'll last, I layer it with a cream blush underneath. It's matte, so I can add a shimmer on top if I want to. I can layer it depending on how much pink I want it to be. If I go for a bright pink look, I make sure to blend out the edges really well to make it look as natural as possible. I've had mine for years and because of the amount you need to use each time, it's looks new. And happily, the rubber hasn't melted yet. I've had to depot all my duos and single shadows because the rubber was getting icky.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2012 10:54:00 AM More reviews by mkb1225

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Desire, though a little bright in the pan, is the perfect matte hot pink! Just a small bit on my brush applied with a light hand gives a very wearable look that I wear year round (I'm NW 35). NARS blushes are great quality and I have yet to make a dent on mine, even after 2 years.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2012 9:57:00 AM More reviews by leserpent

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

No doubt it's a very good blush but unfortunately I bought the wrong colour. I'm fair skinned (people refer to me as Snow White :P) with neutral undertones and a bit rosacea on the sides of my nose. Desire does not look natural on me. I guess people like me need something more peachy (warmer). The package is classy and the pigmentation very nice so regardless of the bad choice of colour I still give it a high rating.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/5/2012 12:22:00 PM More reviews by pharmgalinadl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have a love-hate relationship with this blush.
I love it because it has the most amazing staying power.
But on the other hand, it turns to a really, really warm pink on my face. I was expecting a more cool toned blush when I swatched it on the back of my hand.
So I am not sure what to think about this blush.
I guess I would still buy it again if I ever run out of it as no other blushes in the market last on my face except this one.
For reference, I am MAC pro longwear NC15, MAC studio fix fluid NC20, Estée Lauder double wear Bone. Current everyday blush = illamasqua nymph. It does not turn warm on my face but too bad its lasting powder is not as good.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2012 5:38:00 PM More reviews by teresasifre

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Really nice blush, but you have to be very light handed or you can end up looking like a clown. Stay in my skin for 4-6 hours depending on how hot it is, some Nars blushes have a better duration than this one, but defenetly a unique colour that I would recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2012 6:49:00 PM More reviews by CiaraAinsley

Pros

-very flattering color. It's a bright medium pink that's not too light, not too dark, not too warm, (surprisingly) not too cool.
-extremely pigmented. But also....
-easily blendable. Don't be afraid! It's very easy to sheer out.
-matte. HUGE plus in my book. If I want to look shimmery, I'll add shimmer for Pete's sake!
-valuable. A little goes a long way, and the amount of actual product it comes with is large.
-the packaging is pretty, and there's a handy dandy little mirror that I use to do my makeup in the car.
-works for all kinds of looks because....
-it looks SO natural. Unless you pack it on (rock on with yo bad self, heavy blush-wearer) it looks like you're blushing a little bit because someone cute winked at you or something freaking adorable like that. Ladies who like a natural look or guys who want their makeup to be subtle/invisible... this is absolutely perfect for you, don't let the bright color in the pan scare you!
-works for all skin tones. From the very fair to the very deep, this will work! Although I would say that I prefer Desire on fairer skin tones and Exhibit A on deeper.

Cons

-the packaging does attract makeup smudgy stainy-ness (you know what I mean.)
-pricey. It lasts forever and a day, but it's a lot to pay up front.

Bottom line- LOVE this blush. HG. It's so beautiful, natural, appropriate for all occasions, and just all around perf. A basic that belongs in everybody's makeup bag!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2012 11:09:00 PM More reviews by jdmcgi2

Cotton candy pink is the perfect way to describe this blush. It is somewhat matte and has great staying power just like other Nars blushes I have tried. It looks scary in the pan but I love to use this with an extremely light hand on just the apples of my cheeks. It makes my skin look more awake and just lovely. This gives beautiful doll cheeks that are still believable. I have a pink shade of makeup from a limited edition stila palette and really wanted to find a dupe and this is it...so glad I found it. I don't use much so it will take a long time to use but when I do use it up I will repurchase. Just another note....I also have Nars Angelika blush which isn't as bright and has silver sparkle in it and I like this one ten times better.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2012 3:02:00 PM More reviews by ritables

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

this color, although it looks shockingly neon in the pan, actually blends with my skin to the perfect blushing color. its so natural and it goes perfectly if i wear it with a bronzer equally if i wear it with plum colored palette. It really goes with everything. I wear this everyday and consider this a HG. I dropped a lippe for cost, as this is $30 at Sephora, but i have heard raving reviews about how special Nars blushes are, so i splurged. I have this in the deeper red Amour color also, but i dont wear it as much as Desire. Love Love Love this. For reference i am Asian NC25-30 and run 'neutral' i believe, but depending on how much sun ive gotten i do appear yellowish too at times
I would def buy this again but since the product lasts forever (ive had mine for 2-3 months and you cant tell any of the product has been used at all, still looks new) it does end up a good deal.
I have never felt a blush match me so perfectly, but again, it is unexpected because it looks like a neon barbie pink in the pan.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2012 11:23:00 AM More reviews by nikkimorrissey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this blush. It is highly pigmented, as we have all come to know and love from NARS cosmetics. It goes on smoothly and stays true to color. I am not even close to hitting pan, but if I ever do, I would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2012 9:15:00 PM More reviews by gommiebears

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't know why it has taken me so long to review this blush. I had this blush for almost 6 months, give or take and I have to say that it doesn't look as shocking on my face as it does in the pan. But for the record, I am dark complexioned (MAC NW45/46/47/50, NARS Benares/Trinidad, Iman Earth 3/5, Revlon Cappuccino/Mahogany, Mary Kay 607/708, etc) so my skin tone can handle the bright electric blushes. For those who are in the same color family as I am, this a cutesy pink without looking like a caricature babydoll (you know what I am mean). IMO one the most suitable pinks from the NARS line of blushes I have tried. I haven't tried Angelika nor Mata Hari but I will get Mata Hari during the next sale at Sephora *lol*.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No