October 25, 2014 | 1718 users online

Eye Primer - E.L.F. - Mineral Eyeshadow Primer

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2013 8:58:00 PM More reviews by missDeeblue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Gotta agree with glamzdoll on this item. Its a primer that has just put $$ into product, leaving out the pretty packaging and logos - and you know what it works better than any "look what I have in my bag" make up brands.

My eyelids are normal. not dry or oily. The product has this 'slicky' texture, but have no fear, it does grab lid and matify on the drydown, and then sets to work, making sure eye makeup stays in place. I dont use powder shadow, I use creme, and yes, it clings and doesn't crease - YES! even creme.
Sure ELF does have some items which have gotten delivered then i deliver them into the trash within the hour! But this item is not one of those, and is a repeat buy for me

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2013 1:20:00 AM More reviews by theopenwindowmaniac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

As all other e.l.f. products, this primer is very budget friendly ($3). I actually really like this primer and it's great quality for the price. I did take off one lippie, however, because it does SLIGHTLY crease on me. But, it still makes a big difference versus no primer. I do have super oily lids though, so it could just be me. If you're new to primer, definitely try this out. Especially if you don't wear eyeshadow often. It doesn't make much sense to spend a lot of money on a product that won't be used very frequently.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2013 12:02:00 AM More reviews by sagiegens

I have not looked for many eye primers because elf's eye primer is so affordable and easy to find. Compared to without any primer, I do notice the diffrence of how much it doesn't crease though there is still minimal creasing through out the day. It does dry rather quickly and sometimes creates "patches" of dried skin. Not too attractive but is barely noticeable if makeup over it. Worth trying if you don't have much money or resources. Does what an eye primer is intended to do.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2013 1:19:00 AM More reviews by glamzdoll

$1.00. Works better than ANY eye primer i've tried including urban decay primer potion, smashbox, and drugstore brands. Eyeshadow doesn't crease, long lasting, enhances shadow color....love it. And the price is awesome as well. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2013 5:13:00 PM More reviews by lizbethv

I have VERY oily eyelids, so I was in urgent need of an eye primer. I highly recommend this one. It gives a slight color and a base for the eyeshadow, and it definitely prevents it from creasing ALL DAY. I highly recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2013 4:54:00 PM More reviews by Heinalicious

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this eyeshadow primer! It blends so well and gives the lid a light and even finish for you to get a "clean sheet" to work with. It is ridiculously cheap and works SO good with enhancing the colours and making the shadow stay perfect throughout the day/night - So, as we say in Norway: HIPP, HIPP, HURRA! :D

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2013 12:22:00 PM More reviews by shio318

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a pretty good eye primer for the price. It is a primer that blends in pretty well to the eyelid, and I like that because I do not like when primers make your eyelid a whitish color. My eyeshadows do not crease until about 6-7 hours after I apply it, which I think is pretty good for a primer of this price. It is better for everyday use, but if you are going to wear a lot of eye makeup or you are going to a big event, I would buy a better primer.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2013 9:14:00 AM More reviews by kristyc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've got oily eye lids and live in a humid tropical country. I've tried a few of those stick type of eyeshadow primers (body shop as well as the elf studio one) but nothing seemed to last the day. Forget about being creased, everything just melts off and all I'm left with is 2 or 3 thin lines of eyeshadow - which I'm sure you can imagine is NOT a good look.

So when I had a big event coming up, I "splurged" on one of those little trial tubes of UDPP and was ecstatic when my eyeshadow lasted for 6 hours without budging. For the first time in my life, my blending and smoking efforts was intact even when I reached back home. The downside was the price. I just couldn't bring myself to use it on regular days.

Then came the day when I was rummaging through my stash and came across a long forgotten, brand new tube of elf's mineral eyeshadow primer.

I didn't have much hope.. Actually, I had none.at.all. I tested it ONLY to see if it would at least help for 3 hours or so. So imagine my incredulity when my "oily lids" stayed crease proof for 6 hours (after which I had to sleep). I couldn't believe it. Figured it was a mistake. Bad lighting? too tired to see the creases?? But lo and behold, its the same thing the next day. This time, it was on for about 8 to 9 hours before it finally started creasing. Incredible.

The issues? I'm fine with the doe applicator.. Just wish the tube was transparent. Also, on my warm skin tone (Bobbi brown warm natural) its not sheer - more like an ashy cream. Same thing with UDPP but a little stronger. Maybe its because the doe foot is a little heavy on application? It gets covered up so i don't mind - but I might try the blush shade next. Do be sure to only dab a little and spread with your finger (as recommended by the other reviewer

Moral of the story: Is it right up there with UDPP? Not exactly - Because UDPP lasts longer. But is it worth it? Definitely. Repurchase? I'm gonna be stocking up!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2013 9:19:00 PM More reviews by juniebug008

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to love this product. I really wanted to fall in love with it and never have to find another eye primer for the rest of my days... but I really just find it to be mediocre. It keeps my eyeshadow on for a while. It really doesn't make my eyeshadows look any more vibrant, and YES, it does crease. My overall comment for this: Meh. I'd repurchase simply for something that wasn't mega-expensive and does a somewhat decent job.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2013 5:31:00 PM More reviews by hoangrl

Fantastic primer that does the job! ive tried UD and its very similar and i get the same results.

Ive had mine for ages.. it lasts that long and its dirt cheap. I live in Australia so i bought mine on Ebay for $6 which is still good. I like the doe foot applicator!