August 23, 2014 | 1437 users online

Eye Primer - E.L.F. - Mineral Eyeshadow Primer

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2013 1:19:00 AM More reviews by glamzdoll

$1.00. Works better than ANY eye primer i've tried including urban decay primer potion, smashbox, and drugstore brands. Eyeshadow doesn't crease, long lasting, enhances shadow color....love it. And the price is awesome as well. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2013 5:13:00 PM More reviews by lizbethv

I have VERY oily eyelids, so I was in urgent need of an eye primer. I highly recommend this one. It gives a slight color and a base for the eyeshadow, and it definitely prevents it from creasing ALL DAY. I highly recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2013 4:54:00 PM More reviews by Heinalicious

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this eyeshadow primer! It blends so well and gives the lid a light and even finish for you to get a "clean sheet" to work with. It is ridiculously cheap and works SO good with enhancing the colours and making the shadow stay perfect throughout the day/night - So, as we say in Norway: HIPP, HIPP, HURRA! :D

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2013 12:22:00 PM More reviews by shio318

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a pretty good eye primer for the price. It is a primer that blends in pretty well to the eyelid, and I like that because I do not like when primers make your eyelid a whitish color. My eyeshadows do not crease until about 6-7 hours after I apply it, which I think is pretty good for a primer of this price. It is better for everyday use, but if you are going to wear a lot of eye makeup or you are going to a big event, I would buy a better primer.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2013 9:14:00 AM More reviews by kristyc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've got oily eye lids and live in a humid tropical country. I've tried a few of those stick type of eyeshadow primers (body shop as well as the elf studio one) but nothing seemed to last the day. Forget about being creased, everything just melts off and all I'm left with is 2 or 3 thin lines of eyeshadow - which I'm sure you can imagine is NOT a good look.

So when I had a big event coming up, I "splurged" on one of those little trial tubes of UDPP and was ecstatic when my eyeshadow lasted for 6 hours without budging. For the first time in my life, my blending and smoking efforts was intact even when I reached back home. The downside was the price. I just couldn't bring myself to use it on regular days.

Then came the day when I was rummaging through my stash and came across a long forgotten, brand new tube of elf's mineral eyeshadow primer.

I didn't have much hope.. Actually, I had none.at.all. I tested it ONLY to see if it would at least help for 3 hours or so. So imagine my incredulity when my "oily lids" stayed crease proof for 6 hours (after which I had to sleep). I couldn't believe it. Figured it was a mistake. Bad lighting? too tired to see the creases?? But lo and behold, its the same thing the next day. This time, it was on for about 8 to 9 hours before it finally started creasing. Incredible.

The issues? I'm fine with the doe applicator.. Just wish the tube was transparent. Also, on my warm skin tone (Bobbi brown warm natural) its not sheer - more like an ashy cream. Same thing with UDPP but a little stronger. Maybe its because the doe foot is a little heavy on application? It gets covered up so i don't mind - but I might try the blush shade next. Do be sure to only dab a little and spread with your finger (as recommended by the other reviewer

Moral of the story: Is it right up there with UDPP? Not exactly - Because UDPP lasts longer. But is it worth it? Definitely. Repurchase? I'm gonna be stocking up!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2013 9:19:00 PM More reviews by juniebug008

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to love this product. I really wanted to fall in love with it and never have to find another eye primer for the rest of my days... but I really just find it to be mediocre. It keeps my eyeshadow on for a while. It really doesn't make my eyeshadows look any more vibrant, and YES, it does crease. My overall comment for this: Meh. I'd repurchase simply for something that wasn't mega-expensive and does a somewhat decent job.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2013 5:31:00 PM More reviews by hoangrl

Fantastic primer that does the job! ive tried UD and its very similar and i get the same results.

Ive had mine for ages.. it lasts that long and its dirt cheap. I live in Australia so i bought mine on Ebay for $6 which is still good. I like the doe foot applicator!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2012 3:00:00 PM More reviews by adeleseddie

i wouldn't say this primer is the best but it does a good job. you can tell the diffrense emensly and for the simple price i wouldn't mind repurchasing it.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2012 1:17:00 AM More reviews by Jennbabbles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

great product. keeps my shadow and liner in place all day. great silky feeling

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2012 12:09:00 PM More reviews by oogg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

at first i used to switch between elf's eyelid primer and urban decay's depending on how much i ll spend and the type of occasions i m about to attend then i was looking up the internet when i read the amazing reviews and that it is full of healthy vitamines so i gave it a go and WOW....here is why:
very light weight
easily blendable
though sheer helps to cover discoloration arround my eyes
as good as UD in holding the shadow in place
cheap dirt
my only prblem is that i never found that one primer that keeps my shadow fresh not just there after 8 hours of hard work but so far this is one of the best.