August 20, 2014 | 1808 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Hypnose Drama

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 5:36:00 PM More reviews by LSUgirl99

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Kicking myself for not buying this mascara sooner! When it comes to mascara, I like thick, build-able formulas that really thicken my short, puny lashes. The brush is perfectly sized and after one coat I can immediately apply a second coat without my lashes all sticking together. By the second coat you will have lush, notice-me lashes and any clumps are easily worked out with a wiggle of the wand. I am in LOVE with this mascara-if you are on the fence about this one, you won't be disappointed. I tried this in Sephora's Hypnose Drama Mascara Set (also got a full size artliner-which is also amazing and a little bottle of their bi-facil).

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2013 6:41:00 PM More reviews by Susanner

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Yes, it gives dramatic lashes but what's the point if the are sticking down straight over my eye? This pulls curl out of my long, somewhat fine lashes like no other. The brush deposits too much product and weighs my lashes down more than any other mascara I've tried. On top of it all, it flakes off my lower lashes. I've tried this deluxe sample 5 different times with the same results no matter how I apply it. Perhaps it works on someone with really thick curly lashes but I'm throwing it in the garbage right now.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2013 12:21:00 AM More reviews by libbier

I found this one to be the best out of the hypnose and definicils because it looks great on both upper and bottom lashes. i have medium length and not so thick lashes so when i wear mascara everything looks natural. i have received so much compliments about how my eye makeup looks gorgeous and when i went home and looked in the mirror, i noticed that my eyes look like it had very well done eyeliner on when i wasnt wearing any! i do agree with the name "drama", it does give you a dramatic look. Fairly expensive ($58 NZD) but the amount of product, packaging, brush and product itself are worth it. I agree on how the curvy brush picks up alot of the product but it lasted a very long time for me. I go to high school and wear it mon-fri including some weekends and this lasted 4 months without drying out. after 4 months i was still able to use the mascara which has become a bit drier but it still has some left in it and was usable.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/29/2013 2:02:00 PM More reviews by username2468

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got a free sample of this mascara from my local drugstore. It's important to mention that I almost never wear eye makeup, so I don't have a whole lot of experience with it, but it's definitely not a good mascara.
The brush seems to pick up too much product, making the application messy and clumpy. It does accomplish the task of making my eyelashes look thicker, and the smell is pleasantly floral, but you can buy much better, cheaper mascaras (I understand it's sold for about $30).

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2013 8:30:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is everything I hate in a mascara....thick (not in a good way), clumpy, messy brush that applies too much product and contributes to the clumpy effect. I'm not one of those people who wants her lashes to look like bottle brushes; I like them to look believably "natural" but a bit longer, darker, thicker and each lash more defined. NOT at all what I get with this mascara.

UPDATE: Liking this somewhat better now that it seems to be drying out a bit. I still need to brush through with a dry spoolie or eye lash comb and using the comb actually prompted me to try one of Wayne Goss's techniques for great natural looking lashes. He recommends running the mascara wand over a lash comb (one with metal teeth - I use the Tweezerman one) and then using the comb to apply the mascara. While the comb itself looks lethal (take your time and be careful) the results are fabulous especially if, like me, you don't want that "bottle brush" effect.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/9/2013 8:41:00 AM More reviews by Napeshni

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Clumpy. Brush pulls way too much product. I bought the water proof. Ill stick with MAC.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2013 11:31:00 AM More reviews by fridanordlund

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Oh my god! I can't believe this mascara has gotten so many bad reviews, when it's actually super! This mascara i absolutely fabolous! I bought this on my trip to Paris, France and I use it almost every day.

PROS
- It doesn't smudge.
- Gives lots of volume even if you don't curl your lashes.
- Holds the curl.
- Stays on ALL day.
- Doesn't flake.
- Easy to remove.
- Gives lots of length.
- Thickens lashes.
- Separates well.
- Beautiful, black colour.

CONS
- Can give some clumps.
- A bit expensive.

This mascara is really show-stopping and does wonders for your lashes. I couldn't believe the results when I first tried it on! You get wonderful, false-like lashes. If you are going for the natural look, this is not the mascara for you. Overall, it's a great mascara.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/8/2013 10:56:00 PM More reviews by MeikoSama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This mascara worked great for the first week I opened it and was very volumizing. However after one week it became very goopy and make my lashes look very spidery with even one coat! Pretty sure I was closing it tight so maybe just the way the formula is as it starts to dry. With the price, not worth just using for a week unfortunately so won't repurchase

rated 1 of 5 on 10/8/2013 10:02:00 AM More reviews by Indrii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This was awful! It clumped like nothing before! And yes it was drama, but not in a positive way. I'm gonna throw it right away. And it was were expensive!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2013 8:51:00 AM More reviews by Kfunk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

There are 2 things I don't like about this mascara...the brush and the smell. It has a very floral/rosy scent which hung around long after applying. I really loved the volume and length it gave my lashes though. The only reason I would not repurchase is the high price tag.