November 26, 2014 | 1789 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Redness Soothing Facial Wash gel

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2010 1:09:00 AM More reviews by karmacat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

After moving across the continent (and several climates) my skin was an angry, red, inflamed mess. My regular acne-fighting cleanser was making everything worse, so I tried this stuff....with excellent results! Within 2 days, all the redness had faded, spots had disappeared, and I also noticed old scars had begun to fade. I am a convert! New HG.

ps-great smell too

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2010 3:05:00 AM More reviews by edenist16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

I saw this at Target a few weeks ago and bought it instead of the original oil-free face wash and I think I like it quite a bit. It's not quite as drying as the original and really does help with redness on the other hand it's kind of runnier so I have to use more and doesn't remove waterproof mascara as well as the original does. The pros definitely outweigh the very minor cons so I'll very likely be switching to this face wash full time.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/18/2010 3:04:00 PM More reviews by kyazmin43

*If you want this for acne this is not for you
this really doesnt do anything for your ance But
it makes your skin feel great! and has a great smell!
every morning i woke up and used this and absolutely love the way it made my skin feel.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2010 1:52:00 AM More reviews by LilacShine9

I was drawn to this new cleanser since I sometimes get clogged pores, a little redness, & a bit dry. I tend to like neutrogena pretty well. I found this to irritate my skin & make the acne worse. I ended up with a few cystic acne nodules that were inflamed, which I rarely get. This product is awful & has a strong chemical smell.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2010 8:28:00 PM More reviews by indiemariposa

I've been using this cleanser for about five months, and I'm on my second bottle. I use this morning and night, save for the nights I exfoliate. I really like t his cleanser. It's easy to dispense, and it leaves my skin feeling refreshed. It's really helped with my acne, and I think I get less breakouts. My skin is also much, much smoother and my redness (though it was never too bad) is less noticeable. I can't really think of anything bad to say except for the fact that I hate the packaging. This cleanser is a real pain to travel with because I can't close the pump without wasting product. It's also difficult to dispense once the product starts to run out. All and all, it's a great cleanser and I'll definitely repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/28/2010 3:43:00 PM More reviews by birdgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This same review is also under the cream cleanser, as I tried both.

I have moderate rosacea with the occasional pimple and had high hopes that this cleanser would help with redness as well as exfoliation. Well, this stuff turned my face horribly red, a redness that lingered for hours. I did not have stinging or burning like some others had. To calm it down, I finally had to re-wash my face with Cetaphil. I also purchased the cream cleanser, and that also had the same effect (I tried them on 2 different days). So back to the store they go. I'm glad this works for some here, as I am well-aware of what a PITA to find cleanser that does as promised. LOL, you can tell by my tone that I'm really bummed that this wasn't a HG, or even something I could use without making things worse.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2010 7:22:00 PM More reviews by hotAsFiya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm a die-hard fan of the infamous orange cleanser, the original acne wash. It has kept my skin clear and normal for years. But from time to time something else intrigues me. I was away on a trip when I realized I ran out of the original bottle so I went to my Target and debated profusely between this one, the pink grapefruit one and the original one, my HG. I have to admit that there were 2 things on favor of this cleanser - 1. it had the words redness soothing, and 2. its pretty green color. So I walked away with this.
When I went to use it I was annoyed that it was very watery, and didn't foam like the original one did. I also noticed I had to use double the amount, whereas with the original formula, I use a pea size amount and it's enough foaming lather to clean my entire face. I also didn't feel like this thoroughly cleansed my face, so I had to wash it twice.
As far as soothing, I didn't feel like it did anything. I did like the minty, cooling feeling that I got after I cleansed.
Overall not impressed, will not repurchase either.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2010 12:14:00 AM More reviews by cjx3pooh

I purchased this from Walmart, so it's possible that it's been "messed" with (you know how messy some of the shelves are, w/ the liquids spilled or whatnot), but the strange thing is, this cleanser is extremely watery. Before, I had the pink grapefruit one, and it was somewhat concentrated, lathered very well. While this one lathered too ... You have to pump out a lot more cleanser in order to cover the entire face. It's not very drying, but I don't feel any cooling that could potentially reduce the redness on my face. I like using gel cleansers b/c they clean off the washable mascara and some of the eye makeup. This really does not work as well as the grapefruit one, despite the fact that the average rating is higher than the pink grapefruit's. It smells nice though, reminds me of Juicy Couture but not as strong.
I wish I tried this right when I bought it, then I could've returned it. *sigh* Can NOT wait to use this up so I can start using my new St. Ives Green Tea one.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/16/2010 1:00:00 PM More reviews by Julia2007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This a fairly gentle cleanser in that I didn't experience any dryness or tightness after washing. Unfortunately, I didn't experience any reduction in redness or breakouts either. I have a lot of surface redness and I usually have about three or four pimples on my face at any given time. This product did not do anything to rectify either of those issues. I think it is just a basic, gentle cleanser. I do like it for cleansing my face without stripping and I will keep it around to use once in a while, probably in the shower since the pump is convenient (but certainly not good for traveling) but I will continue my quest for skincare products that actually improve my complexion.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/7/2010 3:25:00 PM More reviews by missobtuse

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Packaging: I though the packaging on this was nothing special but it got the job done. The pump cant be closed, which i liked so when i traveled it didn't spill every where.
Price: I believe that i payed between 7-8 dollars for it at target
The product: I have dry skin with redness on my checks, over the summer I started to get a more breakouts then I normally get so I though this cleanser would help, and it only made things worse.
The first week or so i really like it, it cleaned by face and made it feel refreshed. But after about a week my face seemed to get really dry and was breaking out like crazy. After about a month of use I realized it was the cleaner that was causing it so stopped using it.
Fastforward to last week and I was out of cleanser, I was digging around in my bathroom and fount this so I though what the hell there is only a little bit left I'll give it another go. BAD IDEA, after only 2 days my skin was super dry, really red and I had about 5 new blemishes.
Other reviews commented on the smell, i personally didn't love it or hate it, I though it smelled a bit medicine like. What I did find unusually was the texture the first week or two i used this the texture was jell like, it was like rubbing green jello on my face (lol) but after that it started to get more and more liquid like.
BOTTOM LINE: If your skin is dry or sensitive i don't think this is the cleanser for you.