December 18, 2014 | 1825 users online

Bronzers - E.L.F. - Studio Cool Bronzer

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2011 8:27:00 AM More reviews by I_Smell

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I bought this bronzer for 4 ($5.60) online (in Europe) and love it! I have light skin with pink undertones and while sooo many bronzers just make me look muddy, dirty or orangey, these 4 neutral colors match my skin very well. You get a medium dark old rose color with a hint of peach, a medium dark milk chocolate brown, a deep dark pure chocolate brown, and a light greyed vanilla shade.
I use the rosy color as a blush, the dark brown for contouring, the light brown as a bronzer, and the vanilla for my browbone and/or cheekbone highlight. The latter is on the sheer side, but that's fine: I like my highlights not too stark. The other colors are very pigmented: a tiny little bit goes a long way, seriously. What I love most about this bronzer is that it's totally matte though! Matte bronzers can be hard to find, especially in drugstores. I hate shimmery bronzers with a passion: if I wanted shimmer I could always use a highlighter on top. But I won't, lol. My sunscreen leaves me with a nasty oily sheen; I'd rather not add to that. ;-)
Love the sleek, Nars-esque packaging with the large mirror, and I love that you get 4 products in 1; great for traveling. I also appreciate that this bronzer has no discernible smell. The powder seems fairly finely milled, blends well, stays put, doesn't break me out and there's not much fallout. I also love that you can mix and match the colors as needed: if you get a bit more tan, you don't have to go buy a darker bronzer. And even if you end up not using *all* the colors, chances are you're at least going to get *some* use out of it, so not all is lost. A real winner, especially for fair skinned, cool toned ladies. I can see this variety of neutral colors work for those with neutral or warm undertones as well though. And I think this bronzer would be suitable for medium and dark skin too. The vanilla shade alone might be too light for dark skin, but mixed with the light or dark brown, it could make a nice blush or contour color.
If you're looking for a perfectly matte, non chalky, non orangey bronzer for a great price: look no further.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2011 3:30:00 AM More reviews by gorgeousgretchen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

E.L.F. Studio Bronzer
Color - Cool
Retail - $3
50% Off for $1.50

PROS
-Inexpensive
-Smooth
-Pigmented
-Sleek Packaging

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2011 8:42:00 AM More reviews by allthelittlethings

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Just like most E.L.F prouducts this bronzer does its job and for a very good price. It stays on for a majority of the day and doesnt make my cheeks look too red or brown. I love the fact that you can mix and match the sections to find a colour that fits your skin perfectly. Definatly worth the money and a pretty good bronzer overall.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2011 1:26:00 PM More reviews by Lewipop

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't normally wear bronzers but my friend recommended this product to me and i'm very glad she did. One of the colours is a bit dark for my skin but i love the fact that you can adjust it to your skin colour by missing out one of the sections. It goes on easily and stays for a majority of the day. A best buy for me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2011 1:59:00 PM More reviews by daintydancer

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I understand this is a consumer site, but will share my view as a UK pro artist for 20 years. I cannot believe this products got good reviews from anyone. It's simply horrible, a pro would never use this. talc, chalky, for european skin far too dark even the lightest shade. I work a lot in Asia, no good for any skins, dark is horrendous, ashy.I'm no make up snob, of course, real pros can receive up to 45% discount on good products, but we have worked hard, its not easy to get.I understand many of you are young, or students with limited budget. NYX, make some fabulous products. Rimmel make a far superior bronzer. I respect ELF for prices, and choice, but all products I've tried I've given away. I gave it 1 for packaging only. I'm not paid by any company I tell it like it is

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2011 11:07:00 PM More reviews by furnando

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is probably the best bronzer I have purchased! It is so versatile and I love the fact that it is matte! The pigmentation is good, for $3 don't expect it to be as pigmented as NARS or even M.A.C. but definitely worth it. The lasting power I say is average, it fades in maybe 2-3 hours, I was outside and the temperature here is about 100 degrees so perhaps that had something to do with it? Overall this is wonderful for contouring, blush, and it even has a highlighter. I really love this very much and have a backup! Worth every cent! Packaging is spot on and comes with a nice mirror.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2011 9:52:00 PM More reviews by franktommyquaker

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this bronzer! I bought this for $3 and I swear I like this better than the Smashbox ,Cargo,Bobbi Brown, and Jane Iredale ones I have bought in the past.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/2/2011 6:42:00 AM More reviews by BebiMou

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this stuff. It's nice that it's a matte bronzer and can be used for blush and contouring. I am going to get a lot of use out of it this summer as my skin darkens up. Cheap, good stuff, nice packaging, no complaints!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2011 2:13:00 PM More reviews by autumnus88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I do like this bronzer because it has NO shimmer, so it's great for daytime, however, it doesn't come off very pigmented on me which is surprising because I am SUPER pale. Other than that, I like this. The colors are perfect (once I get them to show up) and it does not break me out or make me look like a walking disco ball. Even with the pigmentation issue, I would still repurchase. Love the packaging as well!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2011 4:29:00 AM More reviews by bowbowmakeup

Oh my god! I love this bronzer so so much :D. If your looking for a really great bronzer for a great price too, cheak out Elfs bronzers! They come in 3 shades; the warm bronzer, golden bronzer and cool bronzer, if you have pale skin then i would go for the cool bronzer like i did. This bronzer has no shimmer in! Which i am so happy about. Shimmery bronzers dont really flatter me, so when i got my bronzer, and it was totaly matte, i was so happy. This bronzer is only 3.50 in the UK so very afforable :). The packaging in lovely, it comes with a huge mirror at the top, so if you want to touch up throughout the day its easy. There are four different shades inside, white, dark pink, dark brown and a light brown. You can mix all the shades to find a shade that is perfect for you. I also use the white shade for highlighting too :) so really i have two products in one :). I would recommend this bronzer to anyone :) x