December 21, 2014 | 1915 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Wash

rated 1 of 5 on 6/22/2014 7:01:00 PM More reviews by SteveJefferson

I hated this product. I have combination skin and this acne wash dried the crap out of my face. I got dry patches under my eyes and along my jaw. I didn't use it long enough to see a change in my acne because after just one week my face was too horrible for me to continue use.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/19/2014 12:57:00 PM More reviews by Holagirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Neutrogena products always seems to give me weird feeling and allergic reaction..i wonder if im the only one..any ways,when i first tried it i really dried my face and after a few days i started getting little white pimples or something n it look disgusting n stoped using it...n i decided to give it a second chance (after not using it for 11 months)at this product n see if i had a different reaction or something i started using it again and the first time in a really long time it kinda reduce my acne in my cheeks and after to days of using it,on the third day in the morning i started noticing the little pimples again,you know how some babies get little white pimples around the forehead,cheeks,and on the nose well people that how it looks on my cheeks right know,thank heavens is not alot like the first time..For some weird reason im always scared of using Neutrogena products because it always seem to have a terrible reaction like I've been thinking of using their foundation but im scared like this girl uses it and she have really terrible acne on her cheeks,it looks shiny and oily and we both have oily/combination skin so ain't using it..

rated 2 of 5 on 6/9/2014 7:00:00 AM More reviews by DecembersWoe9895

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

If there was one word that could be used to describe Neutrogena's Oil-Free Acne Wash, it would be the word disappointing. I had such high aspirations for this product especially since I've seen it praised everywhere from commercials to beauty magazines to my mom who faithfully uses the soap bar version. Neutrogena, in my experince, was a pretty good brand and the product was nicely priced at under $7 USD for the largest size (that lasted forever!) so I figured "why not?" and purchased it. This product insisted that it was:

"Oil-Free acne wash is the #1 dermatologist recommended acne-fighting cleanser. This oil-free formula gently cleanses deep down into pores for clear skin. It contains Salycylic Acid to get rid of acne you have now and help prevent future breakouts. Special skin soothers help prevent irritation and overdrying. Skin is left clean, residue-free and never drying."

I didn't believe that this would be a face cleanser sent fron the heavens or anything similar to that liked it claimed to be; rather, I thought it would be good for shrinking the large pores on my nose and under my eyes, decrease the number of new breakouts I would get, and rid my face of the few blemishes I already had. Understand that my skin only suffers from mild acne, but has a tendency to get severely large pimples here and there. I have oily/normal combination skin that has caused some very small blackheads on my nose, huge pores, and oiliness in my T-zone.

For about six months, I faithfully kept up the routine of slathering this chemical-indused and smelling cleanser onto my face twice a day and then waiting for positive results that never came. What effects I did notice was that a week into using this twice a day (such as it recommends for the best results), my face dried up ridiculously and burned when I moved my jaw or cried. Also, around my mouth and cheeks my skin was red, raw, and highly irritated. My moisturizer helped to relive my poor face, but it didn't cure it. Nontheless, I continued with my usage of the product and saw no other effects. My breakouts went away with time as they usually did and my pores remained unaffected.

However, the worst part was when I finally finished it. Oh my goodness, it was awful! I went without a face wash for two months or so afterwards (my mistake) while my face went on a withdrawal. My nose and forehead was horribly oily all the time with little bumps that never came to the surface, my pores enlarged, my acne flared up and formed into dark spots. This lasted for a month.

Neutrogena made some bold claims that this product certainly did not live up to. The only redeeming factor was the price. I cannot reccomend this for any skin type especially not dry and sensitive.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/7/2014 7:39:00 AM More reviews by monka191

Neutrogena products always give me weird feeling and allergic reaction.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2014 8:17:00 PM More reviews by maelyn28

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Never really LOVED this face wash. I am pretty finnicky and always running towards the newest thing. I think if I would have stayed with it it probably would have worked well.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2014 9:26:00 PM More reviews by Hesteria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use the Redness Soothing version of this acne wash (green gel) & it is PERFECT for my skin. I have very clog prone/cystic acne prone/oily skin. I use this wash 2x daily & it keeps my skin clear & smooth. As soon as I stop using it/switch to something new, my skin gets awful! Clogged/bumpy/acne comes back. This product is a MUST in my daily skincare routine. Nothing compares!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 11:39:00 PM More reviews by Dentalgirl3

HG. I've been using this for over a decade. Amazing and cheap. Always a staple in my bathroom.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/7/2014 10:55:00 AM More reviews by jessicapereira1691

Terrible Acne wash, DO NOT buy if you want to make your acne worse. Like many people I bought it thinking it would help clear my mild acne. I was so wrong it made my acne worse then ever, its been months since I stopped using it and my face is slowly getting better. I do not recommend this at all. Neutrogena is very well known, but this product is just a disappointment and just bad period.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2014 5:03:00 PM More reviews by ivorybeauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This review is for the redness soothing gel cleanser version of this acne wash (green gel). It's my absolute favorite cleanser & I will continue to purchase it always. It keeps my pores clear of blackheads/clogs & clears up any problem spots very quickly. When I stop using this my skins texture becomes bumpy, clogged, dull, & just overall not pretty. This cleanser makes my skin smooth, clear, & glowing. I recommend it to anyone who has pore issues like clogs/blackheads etc. Just always remember to moisturizer after. I use Olay & that pairs wonderfully w/this cleanser.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2014 5:05:00 PM More reviews by JULIANACHIARI

Love this product! Nice to oily skins and acne prone skins.