August 27, 2014 | 1789 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2014 8:19:00 AM More reviews by triniloveyxx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I used sheer glow years ago, returned it, and recently decided to try it again but i now remembered why i returned it. I use the color Tahoe which blends well with my skintone but thats where it ends. After about 30min, it settles right into my pores and I feel like its "slipping" off. It doesnt look natural on me and people around me can tell i'm wearing alot of makeup. It just sits on top of my skin. I tried different application techniques such as fingers, beauty blender sponge, and foundation brush but got the same results with all.
Another issue is the packaging. The glass bottle is thick and heavy, and the product spills out easily if youre not careful with it since it doesnt come with a pump.
Definitely returning this again but its a shame since the color was perfect for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/3/2014 8:00:00 AM More reviews by tierney29

I was really excited to get that product but unfortunately it didn't work for me. I prepped my face with a good primer applied this foundation to a sheer/medium build and set it with translucent powder. Firstly I found my face looking a bit washed out even after contouring, so I applied some pigmented powder as well and the foundation still looked nice on my skin. Only after an hour I noticed the makeup was building up in the pores next to my nose on my cheeks. It looked like it was coming off and it was very noticeable... Then the next day looking at the picture I took from that night, my face looked like a ghost! I looked so washed out... I'm going to take it back tomorrow since is cost $68 from mecca cosmetica then pump $4 extra. Also if it helps I do have acne prone skin but it's not oily and not dry either. I also don't have large pores.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2014 2:30:00 AM More reviews by billierosetyler

My shade: Mont Blanc (I am M.A.C NC15)

Background: I have been using this foundation for over a year now and it is my favourite one that I have tried so far.

PROS:
* Colour is a good match for my skin tone and doesn't seem to oxidise.
* Staying power is pretty good considering I have an extremely oily T-zone (although I do need to use a primer & lots of translucent powder).
* Decent coverage (I have a lot of redness on my face, especially around my nose and cheeks, and this product covers that up completely) although concealer is necessary to hide any blemishes.
* Doesn't draw attention to dry patches on my skin.
* Doesn't break me out.
* Doesn't irritate my very sensitive skin.

CONS:
* Very expensive in Australia (AUD $68 at Mecca Cosmetica).
* Doesn't automatically come with a pump, which costs an additional AUD $4.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2014 7:46:00 PM More reviews by akneil

I really love this foundation. I has a solid medium coverage (buildable), a semi-dewy finish and feels light on the skin. It really looks like skin and has a decent lasting power. Sometimes I need to add a little concealer to really red spots, but it mostly covers everything well without looking like a mask. This foundation is good for dry skin BUT not dry/flaky skin. It feels moisturizing and has a glow, so I'm not sure if it would work for oily skin. If your skin is too dry and has dry patches, this definitely clings to those so moisturize well and exfoliate. That and the fact that it doesn't have a pump are my only complaints.
Overall it's a great foundation and I'm so happy I spent the money!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2014 9:06:00 PM More reviews by raviolindia

I love love looooove this foundation so much! It is brillant for any occasion! It's got great coverage and you only need the smallest amount for a full face so it lasts ages! The only downside for me is price, because I live in NZ, it's $90, and that is just too much for me and other my age. But otherwise awesome product!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/28/2014 10:58:00 AM More reviews by Brooklynzigzag

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So this foundation made me sorta oily and eventually broke me out after two uses. U need to set with powder if u want more long wear. Keep in mind that this is a dewy finish so you arnt going to look matte whatso ever. The only good thing was the colour, the Siberia was my perfect shade, I now use the powder foundation in te same shade and love it

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2014 3:58:00 PM More reviews by lee1908

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is one of the best foundations I have used! It looks so much like my skin. I have some acne scars that i like to cover and this does a great job. My T-zone is super oily for no reason and it does help with that. I still have to blot my face but not as much. It cost too much not to come with a pump.......

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2014 11:26:00 AM More reviews by getglamgrace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my new holy grail foundation! My skin got so dry this past year to the point where it was extremely painful, all of my old favorite foundations would just flake right off my skin! To make matters worse I also have acne-prone skin, and the products for that only dry my skin out more! So behold, NARS sheer glow which I discovered in sephora. I love it because I can build it up to whatever coverage level I need. It doesn't break me out, and with a great moisturizer and exfoliater it stays on my dry skin all day! It only becomes more beautiful and glowy as the day goes on. It also does not make me break out which I love. I currently apply with a sigma f80 brush and am very happy, but I've also enjoyed just using my fingers. Will repurchase and I highly recommend!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/25/2014 7:23:00 AM More reviews by IrisFvH

I wanted to love this SO much :(

I tried the color Ceylan which matched my NC15/NC20 skin perfectly. It has beautiful yellow undertones and applies beautifully.

But.. it slided right of my, not so oily at all, skin. My forhead and the pores next to my nose started to look extremely caky after 1 hour. This makes me so sad cause the finish and color and whole thing is just so beautiful. :(

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2014 5:03:00 PM More reviews by JohannaJeannett

I went in to Sephora and bought this foundation just cause. You know it is always tempting to buy a new foundation. Anyways, I love how this foundation has a yellow undertone, however, it's too yellow. I believe it is medium to full coverage. I have a lot of acne scarring and it seemed to cover everything, however, the foundation pretty much highlighted my pores and my imperfections. I would compare this foundation to Mac's Pro Longwear - TOO heavy. At $45, I had to return it.