April 17, 2014 | 981 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2014 7:03:00 AM More reviews by ktemly

I absolutely love this foundation!
I live in Australia where is gets really hot and sweaty throughout the summer months. Over the past couple of years I have stuck with the longer wearing foundations such as Mac Pro Longwear and Lancome tient Idole, however I started to notice that although these don't budge, they were making my skin look 'old' and I started to feel them on my face.

Nars Sheer Glow is a thin consistency with such great coverage, although it isn't 'mask like' like the other foundations I have worn in the past. It goes on so smoothly and is so easy to blend. I apply one layer with fingers and buff on another where I need it. I usually pair this foundation with the Nars radiant creamy concealer and a setting powder.
I do find that on really hot days it's staying power isn't perfect, but with a little touching up I make do.
Colour range is great. I love that Nars have catered for us Neutral toned girls, as I always struggle to find a shade in Mac foundations that isn't too pink or yellow.
I did take off a lippie or 2 as this retails for nearly $70 in Australia which I think is a lot for a foundation. I also find that the lids can sometimes leak a little, so I've ordered the pumps which I'm hoping will fix that.
Great foundation, highly recommend!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2014 3:32:00 PM More reviews by FrazzleDazzle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Its an absolutely lovely foundation, but this simply doesn't react well with my skin!

Ever since getting it, I've been using it as an everyday foundation. Loving it, flawless but very natural and skin-like finish, Effortless to put on (I have very dry skin) and looks effortless and glowing (but NOT greasy - its hard to explain!) I find it easy to apply, I shake the bottle really well and put my finger on the top, turn upside down to get a blob of product out. I do find myself using quite a bit (3 blobs) to cover my whole face though.

Every time I get little cystic bumps under the skin. They really annoy me so I always try to scratch them to get them to go down, but they always go red and leave an ugly scar. It would take weeks for the spot to stop being active and painful and usually when it settles down, another one appears in the area right beside it!! This is very unusual behaviour for my skin because I am used to one or two spots once a month and they would always be resolved in 3 days max. My face is now covered in scars and constant active spots, when I once used to have flawless skin.

I kept using this foundation though because I really did love it and didn't want to come to terms. But I decided enough is enough. It has only been 3 days since I last used it and my skin is already clearing up and the scars are fading - yup, definitly this foundation.

I have used every cheap foundation under the sun and they have all been inert on my skin, so I'm so surprised that its reacting like this with anything high end?

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2014 2:08:00 PM More reviews by JessSee0611

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I've been using this foundation for almost 3 years now. It is very easy to blend and the colour range is great. I use a sponge wedge to apply the foundation. The coverage is definitely med-full - depending on how much you layer. In flash photography, the foundation tends to look like a white cast if too much is applied. I go through one bottle once every 18 months (the product still isn't finished, but I buy a new one). I've noticed that after 8 months, the foundation begins to oxidise on the skin. If this product wasn't so expensive, I would purchase a new bottle every eight months!

In terms of "glowing", I don't see it... This product doesn't make my skin noticeably glow! Despite it's flaws, I've been hooked on this product from the time I started wearing foundation (3 years ago). I recommend this product to people with fairly non-problematic skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2014 1:26:00 AM More reviews by madi1993

I purchased the NARS Sheer glow a few months back in the colour, Stromboli.
Let me start by saying, I am a MAC NC30-37 skin tone and I love the colour Stromboli on my skin.
However, the product itself is in my opinion, very disappointing and overly hyped up. As a makeup artist I know a good foundation when I see one and this sadly, just doesn't tick all the boxes for me. It can look lovely and "glowy" when first applied but within just a few hours it looks extremely average!

Colour = Great but lacks pigmentation!
Consistency = Too runny and hard to work with
Coverage= Light to medium yet still looks as though I'm wearing quite a bit of makeup (very annoying)
Staying Power= CRAP! Im normal/ combo skin and this product when primed and powdered is lucky to last me 5 hours. By the end of a working day I look blotchy and dull!

FOr the price, there are FAR superior products on the market.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2014 3:36:00 PM More reviews by luchu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think NARS' Sheer Glow is a really great allrounder and having many brands, it is my favourite foundation so far. It feels incredibly light but gives a pretty decent level of coverage. The consistency is very silky and it is easy to apply - do this lightly with your fingers, as it warms the product up helping it to blend in better. You can layer the foundation once it has dried, if I'm going out I build up an extra layer of coverage over my cheeks, it masks redness really well without looking cakey.

I have fair skin, I'm half asian half caucasian which can be very hard to colour match, but I've found this to be the truest to my natural skin tone; in the summer I wear Fiji and in the winter I am Deauville.

My skin is sometimes on the dry side but I haven't had problems with flakeyness or dryness as other reviewers have. I did accidentally buy the NARS sheer matt foundation once - and it really didn't work out so well for me. But that's another story...

rated 3 of 5 on 2/18/2014 1:24:00 AM More reviews by jessicaalynnexo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really wanted to like this foundation, but unfortunately it made me break out, and highlighted the dry patches in my skin. When it comes to sheer and glowing foundation, I much prefer MUFE Face And Body. Also, I noticed that this foundation made me break out and my skin felt very irritated. This would be a nice foundation for someone with smooth, clear skin with yellow undertones.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2014 12:36:00 AM More reviews by KACheroske

I really love the finish of this foundation! They have a great selection of skintones as well. I'm in the shade Deuville, which is perfect for me in the winter. I have dry/combination skin and this foundation does not last very long on my face:( I'm used to not wearing a powder because of having dry skin but find that I do need a translucent poweder with this. I still love this foundation though because it does NOT dry me out and with a powder looks very nautural and glowy. One complaint I do have is that if I touch my face it does come off... I normally wouldn't continue wearing a foundation with this issue buttttttt it just looks so stunning on the skin. Packaging looks really nice but a definite pain in the bum.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 2:53:00 PM More reviews by penguin0833

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Let me just start off by saying I LOVE this foundation. The name is very deceptive since its neither sheer nor does it have a glow. This is the most natural foundation i have ever used! this has a medium coverage, so it evens out my skin but not my acne scars and it doesn't necessarily have a glow. I have normal skin, neither dry or oily, but by the end of the day I get a beautiful sheen. It doesnt look dewy it just looks natural. One thing I hate about this foundation is the packaging. Now I dont care if it has a pump or not but the cap leaks which is soo annoying cause it always makes a mess. Next time i order this foundation i am getting a pump for sure. Another downside is the staying power...it sucks. I hate using powder because no matter what i do it looks perfect at first but then ends up looks cakey by the end of the day. I apply this at 5 in the morning and get home at about 2 in the afternoon adn thats about 9 hours and on its own this foundation does not last that long. I spray it with urban decay all nighter spray and it last FOREVER. once again i dont powder at all just spray.
The shade selection is perfect for people with olive and yellow skin tone. I have the shade stromboli and i am a nc30-35 in mac.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/14/2014 6:40:00 PM More reviews by Caramel_Apples

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Holy shade match, Batman. Nars Sheer Glow in Siberia is possibly the best color match I've found out of the tons of foundations I've tried. The finish is matte on my skin with a bit of 'glow', and while it won't cover dark marks or acne, it does a good job at concealing redness in the skin.

Unfortunately, this foundation has one big negative which makes me unable to use it - I have dry skin, and the flakes that this foundation creates are kind of insane. It looks fine from a few feet away, but up close, it's just bad. Applying it over a moisturizer or a foundation base doesn't look much better. Blending it into one of my moisturizing, full coverage BB creams will lead to a product that maintains the color of Siberia and offers full coverage...but still looks very dry on me up close. It's not unusual for a foundation to occasionally enhance dry spots, but very few foundations lead to this unfortunate an overall texture, so I have to chalk it up to the formula.

The great shade match makes this a foundation worth experimenting with, but I have yet to find a way to make it look good on my skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2014 9:56:00 PM More reviews by Gwiyomi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I did use up the entire bottle of this foundation, and I did not hate it; but this winter has just been merciless on my skin. The coverage is medium, it applies smoothly and does not cling at all to any of my random dry patches, the shade I have is quite a decent match, and it does look beautiful when first applied.

But, I generally have oily skin, but it has gotten much oilier now that I am either in extremely dry, cold winter temperatures with plenty of wind, or spending 6 and a half hours in an office with 80 degree, dry heat. I tried using a heavy moisturizer underneathe, thin layers of serums and thin moisturizers, to just average middle of the road moisturizers. I always set with a loose powder, ocassionally I will use a pressed powder, no luck keeping the oils at bay.

Since this has not been able to keep up with my oily skin this winter, I doubt it would fair much better in the summer. When I start to get oily, and do not have time to touch up, this just becomes impossible to fix. I really only need it to last 6.5 hours sitting in an office, but no luck. I know it might be asking a lot from a foundation, and you may not have the same issues as I do, but if you do, I would not reccommend this.