December 17, 2014 | 1709 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2014 5:48:00 PM More reviews by shajmamba

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was so skeptical buying this foundation as I have oily combo skin. I am a mac studio fix nc40 in the summer and nw30 in the winter and used mac for yrs and even when i try ither foundations studio fix is my go to. The name sheer glow made me think it was going to highlight the oiliness in my skin...Low and behold it didn't, I would deffo buy this again and again. I use the rimmel stay matte primer but honestly even when I forget my primer this foundation makes my skin look amazing. Gr8 coverage and lasts but the glow makes me look radiant I love it!!!!
My colour is Barcelona and matches perfectly. I never thought I would like a foundation more than studio fix..I would call it a tie. Bottle is annoying as a lot can pour out but a little goes a long way. Enjoy 😊😊😊

rated 2 of 5 on 10/28/2014 2:19:00 PM More reviews by kmg85

Decided to try a sample of this from Sephora after hearing all the hype about it. Glad I just got a sample.
The colour match was great and it went on easily, however, only a few hours after wearing this it oxidized and looked awful up close.

I didn't apply a primer, so maybe that's why.

I didn't find that it gave a "glow" either.

For as expensive as this foundation is, you'd think that NARS could create a better packaging for it...
I'll be sticking with my MUF HD foundation and my trusty L'Oreal Truematch.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/19/2014 3:04:00 PM More reviews by gemmyca

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Sadly, this broke me out like no other. I do have sensitive skin but my friend was wearing this and it looked beautiful on her! I noticed across the room how glowy it looked on her! She said it was Nars sheer glow so I had to try it. I took samples home and bought it the next day because I loved how easy and soft it was to apply! And the colour match was almost perfect!

A week has gone by after wearing it and I am so embarrassed about my face. I have pimples and acne EVERYWHERE. I even got a whitehead on my LIPLINE. My cheeks are horrible with acne spots and they hurt!

So sad. I love NARS. Guess I'll stick to their lippies and blushes.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2014 10:01:00 AM More reviews by Cassiekye

For me personally it works better with a primer, the product is really easy to work with & you don't have to use a lot to get decent coverage. However There were a couple of cons, this foundation doesn't come with a pump & the product itself is quiet liquidy so you tend to get a bit more slip out than what you want! It's also quiet pricey (cosmetics in Australia generally are) so it's not a foundation I wear everyday but it's my go to for special occasions, between the 5-6 hour mark it starts to skin in to my pores & shortly after that it starts to fade so I do need to touch up but it's not a massive inconvenience. When I eventually run out of this product it's not going to be something I immediately run out & repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2014 7:04:00 AM More reviews by Dianaphamfatale

This is such a lovely foundation. I was first matched incorrectly with Stromboli. I'm a neutral to warm skin tone, with a bit of pink on my cheeks. Stromboli runs a little too yellow, but Punjab was perfect. It's seriously so natural looking and it lasts all day, and it's just amazing. It's also quite good for sensitive skin. I haven't experienced any adverse reactions, so I'm quite pleased. This has seriously exceeded expectations - do try it out, and make sure you get matched by a different person on a different day if you're unsure about your colour! Make up people can definitely get things wrong, so make sure you get a second opinion.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2014 1:38:00 PM More reviews by Samantha16

I have needed to buy 3 bottles of this foundation until i found the perfect one. I first got Fiji but it was farrrrrr to dark, so i went back to get Siberia and i realized that they had very different textures and finished. Then the foundation i loved became the one i hated as i hate a Matte finish and that is what it gave me. Then after so many you tubes had been using it i decided to go back and give it one more try as i wanted it to be my go too foundation. Finally i have found the perfect one, Mont Blanc. It is amazing and everyone who is fair skinned needs thus foundation. I am now in love with it and when ever i use something else it is no where near is good. Never buy Siberia it is really bad (unless you have oily skin) but i am now in love with this foundation. The price isn't that good but i can live with that and the packaging isn't the best but that can be resolved.

Now i love it and i am so glad i when back for the third bottle.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/13/2014 8:10:00 AM More reviews by cameo98

I bought Nars Sheer Glow in the color Gobi and it is awesome! Excepttt that this product isn't meant for full coverage, meaning if you are looking to cover up uneven skin tone, try something else. If you have an even skin tone and just want to polish using this, go ahead!

The product is very thin, hard to blend for coverage. Concealer is needed when using this product.

It's otherwise great!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/8/2014 5:03:00 PM More reviews by aidan83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I don't understand the hype of this - have used chanel, dior, stila, coverfx...pretty everything on the block.

It's cakey for combination skin, and really hard to spread even with a shiseido foundation brush.

Coverage is heavy and you could see the foundation sink into your pores if without a primer

rated 3 of 5 on 9/30/2014 12:27:00 AM More reviews by EmilyJS

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation. I'm very fair and bought the shade 'Siberia'. Siberia is yellow toned, but blends very well into my neutral/leaning pink skin tone.

it's very liquid-y or runny in texture, but very smooth. It kind of runs out of the bottle when pouring it out, but doesn't run when applying to the face with fingers and is very easy to work with. Also it's very easy to blend down the neck without being streaky or leaving lines or edges.

Despite it's thin soft liquid texture, the coverage is pretty good. Applied thinly it's probably a bit below medium coverage, but is easily build-able up to full-medium or a bit beyond. For reference, I have acne scars which I feel are adequately covered, but red pimples/acne may warrant concealer, as will very dark eye circles.

What I really want to be noted about this foundation is that it really is glowy! When wearing it my skin just exudes health - it just seems to radiate out of you. I've never experienced this healthy glow from any other foundation. I've tried many foundations from all different price ranges and this is one of the very very few more expensive foundations that truly is worth paying more for. This foundation honestly does give you that celebrity glow but at the same time looks extremely natural. Amazing product!

**EDIT**
Ok, I can't wear this in summer... Yeah. It was great when the weather was cooler and my skin stayed drier, but in summer if you get any oil on your face or if you sweat at all it turns so revolting. Also, don't dare wear sunscreen underneath it. I've tried many sunscreens and primers with it and it makes it worse if anything. Texture wise, it just sits on top of my skin and if I touched my face, it would just wipe off the foundation like it's just sitting there... I almost feel like I could draw pictures in it with my nails by the end of the day, it just never sets. If you try to blot the oil away with tissues or oil blotting sheets, it just takes the foundation clean off. It also isn't the most accepting of powder. It seems to pool up in pores, so it's all sitting INSIDE the pores like little pools leaving almost nothing on the rest of my face. The same thing happened on multiple different days before I accepted it. I've left the rating at 3, where I previously rated it 5, because it is so lovely if you wear it by itself in winter (gorgeous), but in summer it's completely unwearable.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2014 12:27:00 AM More reviews by MES

I am very particular about foundation, I like liquid foundations with light to medium coverage and a natural or dewy finish. I can't due matte foundation at all because my skin is dry, and while I love dewy finish some brands go a little crazy and get into the shimmer and glimmer territory. This looks great on and doesn't look caked on of heavy, ymmv but for me it's the perfect level of coverage and finish. Not too heavy, not to light. Not to matte, not too glimmery. Sheer Glow is just right.

Call me crazy, but this made me realize I actually like foundation without a pump. Yes I know it's not the most sanitary method, but I find it easier to get the amount of product I need. Pumps tend to dispense to much. When I first started wearing foundation I used pumpless foundation. I've never been one to pour product into my palm, instead I just dab some on my finger and apply it to my face and blend. If the bottle is full I just shake and dab from the top, if its getting low I invert the bottle with my finger over the opening and voila, dab, dab, dab.

Price wise, slightly more than other mid end brands, but not as much as luxury brands.