November 24, 2014 | 1042 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 8/28/2014 6:15:00 AM More reviews by beautybettyfortruth

As many of the other reviewers have stated, this product is supposed to be good for sensitive skin. I told the staff at Sephora that I needed something that was very hypo allergenic. They went straight for this foundation. They tried some on me in the store and I bought it (along with several other products by the brand).
I took it home and was ok with the color in real light (not horrible weird store light). It was a tad yellow for me but I wore it anyway. Couldn't use it on my nose as it highlighted every pore so I just skipped that area.
Well, started using this product regularly AND JUST LIKE THE OTHER REVIEWERS started breaking out places I've never ever had problems before! Had a bump right below my eye! This is the least oily patch of skin possible. Had a huge pimple in the middle of my cheek! Never in my life have these been places I have had acne before. I was horrified. I even told my sister this foundation is ruining my skin. She asked me why I didn't throw it out. I told her it was so expensive I felt I too guilty to pitch it. She made me throw it out and it's been the best thing for my now clear again skin.
I really don't understand what ingredient is doing this but I know without a doubt that this product was the source of my breakout since I tried to use it several times, would have problems, briefly quit, and then use it again only to have the exact same thing happen over and over again while I stayed in denial. I have also had a problem with another of their liquid products I bought the same day so quite a bit of money in my trash can to learn this lesson. Nars will continue to deny this is happening but the reviews on here are evidence enough.
Now I'm only buying from companies with customer favoring return policies. To spend hundreds of dollars only to be told, tough luck and "n-uh it's fine" is one sure way to lose my business forever.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/28/2014 1:02:00 AM More reviews by rayayaya99

Good foundation if you have perfect skin. Not so much if you are combination, it makes my nose super oily and clings to my dry patches. If you have dry flaky skin this will MASSIVELY empasize your dryness.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2014 6:00:00 PM More reviews by LivviB

I have always used estee lauder double wear in the colour sand purley because it stays on and you do not need to worry about applying it through out the day and changing this foundation was a big problem for me as I could never find anything that would stay on my face and is as trustworthy as the double wear is, but I was starting to find the double wear way to heavy on my skin and I wanted something lighter and that stayed on for the same amount of time. I have normal skin. Sometimes it can be dry and sometimes it can be oily and I started using this foundation after reading up about it online etc and I can honestly say that 100% better than double wear and I would reccomend this foundation to anyone! When applying with a large full circular brush it blends into the skin really well and a little bit goes a long way, It looks fresh and radient on the face and leaves a flawless finish. When I use a good setting powder after applying this foundation stays on all day . I really really love this foundation and I am now totally converted to Nars!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2014 1:42:00 PM More reviews by kennymoron

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I like the idea of "light everyday foundation" but at the end I never wear foundation everyday. I only wear it on special occasions because I find foundation "too high maintenance" for everyday use (melt of at the end of the day, transfers to my clothes, rubs off when I accidentally touch my face, look too "made up", etc.).

However, I find the key to natural foundation is great finish and color match. This foundation have a satin finish that I love but the no shade match me 100%. Currently, the closest match for me is "Barcelona", described as "deeper medium with golden peachy undertones" from Sephora.com and although it seems like a good match for me it is a bit too pink for my skin. I wish they have Stromboli in a darker shade because Stromboli undertone match my skin perfectly.

I would give this 4 stars if they have an exact match for my skin. I also hate the fact that I need to buy a separate pump for $6 when the foundation itself already cost me $42. Come on NARS! don't be so cheap! Other than the shade selections and packaging, this foundation is great for those who wants medium coverage (definitely not a sheer one). It'll even out your skin tone and cover some imperfections. It doesn't break me out, it is easy to use, blend, and it looks like skin. Lucky you if you the shade selections matches your skintone.

Will not repurchase afterwards because I'm still on the hunt for an HG foundation for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2014 4:23:00 AM More reviews by chantel1995

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hmmm, I am still umming and ahhhing over this product!

I love it in winter (punjab) but In summer (barcelona) it seems to separate :(

I use it for nights out, (applied with a damp RT sponge) and it seems to look lovely!

But for day-to-day, I shall be sticking to my trusty Nars tinted moisturizer!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2014 2:48:00 AM More reviews by upinspace

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this in the color Mont Blanc (though slightly wish I got Siberia, but alas out of stock). I really love how buildable this foundation is. It doesn't accentuate dry spots. I've found it to last a good amount of time, definitely long enough to get through school. Its easy to spread and blend and all that. I bought it to replace my MUFE HD (love it, wanted to try something new) and I actually enjoy it more.

Except it's kinda of disappointing it doesn't have a pump...

UPDATE: Ever since using this, for whatever reason my skin has drastically improved. I haven't gotten a pimple in a looong time now. Weird, but I thought I'd write it here for anyone acne prone.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/17/2014 1:46:00 AM More reviews by sarahkneller7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This foundation is not sheer, it's not glowy, and I would not recommend it to a dry skin at all.
I must mention that I have not only tried this product on myself - I work in a cosmetics store so I am putting this on people every day.
The reason I have given it two stars instead of one is purely because of the colour range - it is great for a darker skin tone, and I HAVE managed to get it to look beautiful on Indian girls, who already have perfect smooth skin anyway.
Anyone with fair to medium skin, unless you are quite oily, this foundation will not look good on you. It clings to the skin, separates after about half an hour, and looks cakey and unnatural.
If you are looking for a beautiful foundation, go for the nars tinted moisturiser.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/15/2014 5:03:00 PM More reviews by Erinmh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I REALLY truly wanted to love this product, but it does not work with my skin AT ALL. I did a lot of research on this product before I bought it, because $40 for a foundation is extremely expensive for me. After reading such rave reviews and seeing so many beauty gurus love on this foundation, I bit the bullet and purchased it. All of the other reviewers are right, this is not sheer or glowy, it's definitely a medium coverage and pretty matte. The one thing I love about this foundation is the color. I wear the shade Siberia, it's a near perfect match for my skin tone and the reason why I tried to make it work for so long. It's very yellow, which I appreciate because I am super pale and warm toned and can never find a foundation that matches. For reference, I have combo skin. When I first apply this, it looks beautiful. But within an hour or two it starts to separate and cake up and look terrible. I've tried different methods of application, different moisturizers, setting powders, and primers and I always get the same result. Such a bummer, since it's so expensive. My HG L'Oreal true match foundation is far superior to Nars sheer glow, and 1/4th the price.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2014 8:00:00 PM More reviews by Kirplunk0

Ok here is my thing :( i really wanted to love this because i hear all dry skin youtubers say how dewy it is so ill just stop it there it is NOT dewy for me anyways i have very dry skin so most glowing foundations are not BUT i will say it is very natural and smooth/airbrushed look with a hint of glow but not dewy like i had hoped 😢but i did like the finish but i wanted a dewy foundation like my mac moisture foundation which is really DEWY especially with a beauty blender but that foundation literally lasts like 4 hrs where as this one lasted me for 6hrs but to me my old rimmel 24 hr foundation lasted about the same but it was only $6 by the way if you are nc35/40-Barcelona will most likely be your shade

rated 3 of 5 on 8/11/2014 8:11:00 AM More reviews by mariecullen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I would rate this product is very average. Pros: nice clean, sleek bottle (had to pay £4 extra for a pump mind you). Very light in consistency, not at all drying. Leaves a nice glow after application (not too oily). Cons: now if you have even the slightest problem with oilies this product will be hell. After around 2 hours, my t-zone looks like an oil rig, and the foundation literally slides off of your face, leaving a horrible cakey look. Now I can usually control my oily t-zone with a matte foundation and a little translucent powder, but nothing seemed to help this. Also, the coverage isn't amazing, after application I could still see a lot of redness on my t-zone (acne scars). All in all this is an average foundation, won't be buying again.