NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

3.7

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene, Glycol, Glycerine, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinal Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Dis-Butydimethicone Polyglyceryl-3, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan, Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methylhdantoin-2-Imide, Phenoxyenthanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polusilocone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa, Glycuosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocpherol, [ /- (May Contain): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)].

The fact there is no pump on this bottle is so frustrating. The foundation is very liquid-y and it pours easily out of the bottle (and thus all over my hands).

Found this foundation to be really greasy, not great coverage, and didn't last very long.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

One of the worst foundations I have tried! Have restarted my search for a better foundation again recently and this has been on my "to try" list. I got a couple colour samples from Sephora to try. First the application was horrible, did not spread evenly at all and I could tell if I needed to apply more or not. Also this did not have a "glow" to it of any sort and barely covered acne or acne scars. It also stuck to even the smallest dry spots. 4 hours into my day I could start to feel the separation on my face. Later at the mall went into MAC to look at lipsticks and what I say in the mirror looked horrible! Nose and surrounding area, the makeup was gone or on the way to gone...and I'm not sure where since I never touched my face or blotted. Completely uneven and the shine was discounting! If you are oily and it tends to show throughout the day, avoid this makeup!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Love this foundation, does not look cakey even after apply two layers with my beauty blender. Is a little pricey but I will repurchase

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I purchased this item after reading numerous reviews and watching an abundance of make up tutorials. Every person that reviewed it seemed to love it - therefore I thought I would purchase it.

The foundation in itself is quite pricey, and in all honesty I personally do not think it is worth the money. I believe this for a number of reasons such as; the packaging, the formula and the overall 'wear and tear' of the foundation.

I chose the shade 'Mont Blanc' as (unfortunately) I am VERY pale. I expected the foundation to be yellow toned but it was rather orange, even though it was a very light shade. I usually have a few spots and pimples but at the time of purchase my skin was fairly clear, hence why I purchased a light coverage foundation. However, I found that even for 'light coverage' and to make my skin appear dewy and fresh, I needed many coats.

The foundation is very thin and can make skin appear dry and flakey if you suffer with combination/dry skin. Also the packaging is very very basic for a supposed 'up market' product. The bottle is small and you do not get much product.

Fortunately I can say that the lasting power was good, however this may be inaccurate as I used both the Urban Decay setting spray and the Rimmel lasting perfection powder.

Overall my experience with this product was not great and unfortunately I will not be repurchasing :(

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This foundation is probably one of the worst I tried which is a shame, because I really loved the shade (I used Siberia). From my experience, this is NOT suitable for oily skin types - it streaked on my face and was constantly sliding off. If I tried to fix it with powder, it looked even worse. It just made my face look like one big oily, cakey mess. I tried this with several primers and several powders (I just couldn't believe it could be so bad after reading so many good reviews). The results were always the same. I can't speak for normal to dry skin types, but if you are oily - don't waste your money.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I ordered this online and when I received it, I ended up trying it immediately. I loved the look of it and the finish, but when I was inspecting my skin closer, I noticed it seemed to cling to little dry areas on my cheeks. I had a few things to return to Nordstrom so I figured I would just take this back while I was it, though I felt self conscious about my skin, figuring those dry patches were just incredibly noticeable. Anyways, I went to customer service and as I was returning my couple items, the representative commented on how pretty my skin looked. I was taken aback, but figured it was one of those polite conversational moments that didn't mean anything. I headed to the beauty counters to do some shopping and while at the Chanel counter I noticed a group of about three women whispering and clearly making comments about me. I was very uncomfortable, and it felt like one of those situations when you wonder if women are just being snarky towards one another. I tried to ignore them but as I was paying for my Chanel items the ring leader approached me and told me my skin was absolutely beautiful and what skincare products did I use. Well, that did it. Believe me, I was shocked and told her right then it was just a really good foundation. I ended up repurchasing it right afterwards, and it's been a solid favorite ever since. Maybe I'm my worst critic, and I pick apart what I feel are glaring skin concerns, because many times when I wear this people either comment on my "glowing skin," or some complimentary aspect of my complexion.

I'm N10, and use both Siberia and Mont Blanc depending on if I'm wearing bronzer, though Siberia is a closer match. I love the creamy thin texture, and that I can sheer it out or build it up depending on where I need it. I apply with a synthetic buffing brush or damp beauty blender and it really gives me a nice even effect without looking heavy or unnatural. I expected it to be more dewy or sheer given the description, maybe something similar to a tinted moisturizer, and this feels more substantial or like a traditional foundation. But I love it. The finish is almost satin-like, and looks like skin.

I like that this doesn't include any SPF since I prefer to wear a separate sunscreen, and I'm thrilled that this is fragrance free. It doesn't cause any skin issues for my very sensitive skin either.

Though I still think it doesn't hide my little dry areas as well as the Nars TM, I just can't get over how natural and healthy it looks. For reference, other than sensitivity my skin is fairly even as far as texture and tone goes, not acne prone, and normal to occasionally dry depending on allergies and weather. So I tend to prefer lightweight, sheer to moderate coverage foundations.

I dislike the packaging because of the lack of a pump, which I ended up buying separately. Otherwise no complaints. This is a staple for me and it really makes me feel good every time I wear it. The only reason I'm giving it 4 star is because on the rare occasions when my sensitive skin is really reactive from little hives (and the accompanying dryness) I can't wear it at all because the dryness it just absolutely obvious, so I stick to my Burberry Powder Foundation in that instance or the Nars TM.

I wanted a more buildable foundation after using Nars' tinted moisturizer as my skin gets super red in the cold (winter is coming...). I had several friends recommend this product to me so I thought, what the heck. I bought it and at the time, the color was good. I had to buy a pump, adding another $10 to the overall price (annoying).

I wear the lightest shade of most foundations as I have fair skin, green eyes with brown hair-- and very dry skin (except my T-zone). This foundation is not worth the money.

It lasts about...3 hours, tops. But I agree with the other reviewers; it never looks as good as when you first apply it. I have even used Hourglass Mineral primer AND make up forever's setting spray just to see it get patchy in 5 hours instead of 3. Two hours added on isn't good enough for me. After the few hours are up, it literally looks like I just put on tiny bits of foundation all over my face. It's uneven, my redness is shining through, and it looks as if my face is just completely parched. I should add that I only drink water so it makes no sense. And, though it has been shaken, the tint of the product is starting to look extremely pink/orangey.

I might just go back to the tinted moisturizer and add on a light powder.

One definite pro is that once I get home from work, I don't have to take off my makeup because it's already disappeared. I'm not even joking.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I use the NARS Sheer Glow foundation in the shade 'Mont Blanc' and it's the perfect match, not at all too pink which has been the case with some cool-toned foundations before.

I have oily skin, especially on my chin, nose and cheeks and I find this foundation absolutely fine for my skin type. It obviously doesn't last as long as some truly mattifying formulas but I'm happy to powder throughout the day to keep it looking nice as I don't like a really matte base anyway.

The foundation has more of a natural demi-matte finish, not a dewy finish as the name 'Sheer Glow' would suggest. This is a medium coverage foundation that evens out the skin tone but allows your natural skin to show through.

The only thing I would really change about this foundation is the packaging. It would be a lot better if a pump was included and a cap to fit over the top so that it's ideal for traveling with.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I was so excited to give this foundation a go, but I should've listened to the girls on here who had given it not so glowing reviews. My t-zone tends to get oily throughout the day but this doesn't justify that when I apply it, it never set; it just seems to stay sitting wet on top of my skin, even after I've applied setting powder. I absolutely cannot wear this without a setting powder as it comes off and is just wet constantly, I hate the feeling of it. The match in colour is decent enough, can't complain about it too much, but the longevity and how easily it transfers is appalling. Definitely won't be re-purchasing ever again, way better performing cheaper foundations out there.

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

This was a Black Friday treat to myself as I managed to purchase the foundation, pump and next day delivery all for £30, meaning the foundation itself averaged between £25-£27. Not too bad, but still expensive. The product usually retails for £31 which, in my eyes, is utterly obscene so the discount was most welcome. That said, I have always wanted to try this due to the fabulous reviews but could never justify the £31 price tag, however I took the Black Friday plunge... Am I glad I did? No.

This is a foundation that provides great coverage - almost a 'my skin my better' look, a lovely colour match and looks gorgeous when first applied. But that's where it ends, unfortunately. For me, this settled into pores, clogging them and ultimately breaking my skin out. It also had terrible lasting power and oil controlling properties, wearing off after a just few hours whilst looking a little patchy as the day progressed. Not exactly what I expected. I appreciate this is 'sheer glow', but I don't think this is wholly accurate. It is not 'sheer' by any stretch, and it get progressively 'greasy' as opposed to 'glowy' throughout the course of a working day...

As usual I will break this down:

PROS
Beautiful coverage (not sheer or glowy however)
Lovely selection of colours
Looks absolutely wonderful when first applied - airbrushed and polished.

CONS
Unfortunately the airbrushed effect lasts only a few hours - this has terrible longevity and lasting power, looking patchy as the day progressed.
Settled into pores, clogging them which ultimately broke me out!
Oil control is very poor (I appreciate it isn't a foundation for oily skin but I expected a little more control than this offered)
Doesn't live up to it's name - neither sheer nor glowy (that could be a pro or a con depending on what you want from a foundation)
Incredibly expensive - £31 WITHOUT a pump? Sorry Nars, that's ludicrous.

So, yes, generally I am unimpressed. I will admit, I expected more from a product that is *so* heavily hyped. I will likely try and sell this on for £20 or wear it to work/on days I'm not doing much in order to use it up.

Moral of the story? Always, always, ALWAYS get a sample. Don't impulse buy when the product is so expensive.

Video Reviews & Tutorials