January 29, 2015 | 965 users online

Pressed Powders - E.L.F. - Complexion Perfection

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2012 11:40:00 PM More reviews by scooucha24

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is definitely a staple in my makeup routine. I have extreme redness in between my eyebrows, under my nose, on my chin, and on small portions of my cheeks. I mainly use the green, but I also use the yellow and blue a lot, but rarely the pink. No, this won't completely mask any imperfections, but it covers up well what shows through my foundation. It lasts me a few months (it would probably last most people longer, i just use a lot) and the price is so cheap! Can't beat only $3 for a product that really does its job!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2012 2:54:00 PM More reviews by AndreaMCA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Using this under my foundation to cover all my redness really works! I have a little rosocea on my cheek area that sometimes foundation doesn't even cover but when I use this it works great and just makes all my foundations go on flawless. I also use this daily and will never go without it. Great product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2012 5:18:00 PM More reviews by mooshrimp

Total HG. I use this daily, no matter what else I'm wearing. I'm surprised at the bad reviews! I have VERY ruddy skin on my cheeks. It's so red that I've had people ask me how I got burned in that pattern, tell me I need to eat more vegetables, etc.. etc... it's very embarrassing. For awhile I was using Physician's Formula Talc-free green powder and it is more effective than this at concealing redness. BUT it does make me look a little ghostly and I have to put some bronzer over it to even it out. I saw this on the E.L.F. website and threw it in at the last minute not expecting much. But WOW am I glad I did! I do need to use a fair amount of this to get the coverage I need, but at that price who cares? This completely covers my redness without sucking all the color out of my skin. I just love this stuff. At first I only used the yellow and green side, but then I started using the whole palette and that makes it look far nicer. I am definitely stocking up on this in case they ever (stupidly) discontinue it. My face looks totally flawless and I don't need to wear any foundation. I love it!

This is not a do it all product (I'd assume nothing is). It's not a pressed powder for oil control, it is not a shimmer or a highlight or for contouring, its only purpose is "tone correcting." If you have sallow skin or ruddy skin, this will work to correct that. But it is a base, not a finisher. Even with my 5 star review I still put on blush and highlighter and bronzer and concealer over it. I also sometimes put that Physician's Formula under it on particularly red areas.

Also the packaging on this is great. It feels very sturdy and the mirror is HUGE. It looks just like Nars blushes, only much larger.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2012 3:35:00 PM More reviews by Beautyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

For me, this product is just ok. There's nothing special about it, but there is a few cons to it. I originally tried to use it set my foundation and help with any redness peeking through.. I ended up looking like a chalky ghost. The next day I used it under my foundation. When I applied it I swirled my brush around in all four colors and just applied it evenly. I did see some difference in the redness, but once again I looked ghostly. I figured since I hadn't put my foundation on yet that the ghostly look wouldn't stay. It did work better for me under my foundation but it only helped with redness. I didn't see anything being done about oil control & it also can really cake up. Even putting a small amount you can end up looking chalky and just plain white. After each time I've used this I've gotten a pimple or a few & it's always after using this so I know that's what's causing it. I honestly only like the fact that it does help with my very dark red acne scaring, but that's about it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2012 11:37:00 PM More reviews by LeMinx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

E.L.F.'s Complexion Perfection is a bit of a "meh" for me. It's one of those products that I'm not sure actually does anything for me but it's not totally terrible.

I picked this up at Target mainly due to the price (only $3!) and because I'm intrigued by powders that claim to fix all those complexion imperfections in one fail swoop. This particular powder doesn't do much for me in the fixing department. It doesn't brighten, lighten or highlight anything. With or without it, my makeup looks virtually the same. The only way I do see a difference is if I apply too much which results in me looking overly powdered and dry. For me, this is one of those products those that will just sit in my drawer until I decide to change up my make up routine for a few weeks. It's not bad, it's not good...it just is. For the price, I really can't discourage anyone from trying it. At the same time, I can't say this is HG or even good.

On a positive note, the powder itself is housed in a very sturdy compact with a good sized mirror. You also get a lot of product for the price. Despite these points, I highly doubt I will ever repurchase this simply because this really does nothing for me except add an additional step to my morning routine.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2012 11:44:00 PM More reviews by fawn001

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this as an all over setting powder. I usually buy two or three at a time and keep them handy. I have been to my store and they were sold out so I safeguard against that by keeping a few on hand. I use one about every two months. My skin is very pale and I use this to lighten the color of my foundation. I use a puff rather than a brush. I think the brush causes too much fall out. I like to dab my puff in the pink and use that to set my concealer. Then I use a blend of all the colors over my entire face to set my foundation. I have oily skin and it really works to control the oil. I hit pan pretty quick and use the end of a brush to scrub around the sides and break up the last remaining amounts then pulverize that into a loose powder. I use up every little bit! I have gone through about six of these so far!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2012 7:48:00 PM More reviews by Jelyna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am on my second container of this product. I use it after concealerand foundation. It helps control my tzone and even out my skin tone.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2012 2:28:00 AM More reviews by ChanelLove07

Absolutely love this powder. Omg I can't believe I've only used this now. I always had a problem with my oily/shiny t-zone. And even if I used a mattifying translucent powder it didn't quite do the trick. It really mattifies my shiny areas.
HOW I USE THIS: I use a clean cotton pad every time I use it due to sanitary reasons. If your mattifying a shiny or oily area you want to use a clean powder puff etc because im prone to breaks out but I don't want to buy a new powder puff or clean it. So I use round cotton pads. I dab it in the powder a few times and lightly dab it into my skin after foundation and translucent powder. I use the yellow to brighten under my eyes and it brightens it up. I use the green to neutralize and mattifying my pinky nose. It really keeps my oily/shiny t zone at bay. Yet leaving me a really nice semi matte semi dewy glow, ahhh I love it. Love love love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2012 12:59:00 AM More reviews by c0c0delor

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this product. I bought it last year just because it was so darn cheap and it was a new product. Thing is I did not now how to use it; I have never used correction powders/concealers before. There were no helpful tips or instructions on the packaging. So few months ago, I looked up how to use the powders. I labeled the powders according to what color they correct. I love the feel of the powders on my face; very matte and light. I only use it on specific areas on my face, not on my entire face as a finishing powder.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2012 12:06:00 AM More reviews by ohgeebus

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I didn't have any problem with this being chalky or drying on my skin, but then again, I have oily skin and rarely have that issue with powders. The powder really didn't balance out my complexion anymore than a usual translucent powder would, but it did mattify me very nicely.
The fact that it doesn't correct my skin complexion was one thing. But also, I had a very hard time getting this product onto my skin. It takes a lot of "redipping" the brush (I used the Studio Powder brush from the ELF) to get powder all over my face. I guess that might be because its a pressed powder, but I would've preferred if it was a little easier to apply.
Update: The powder makes your fast a little ghostly, so be careful of applying with a heavy hand.