April 23, 2014 | 1941 users online

Pressed Powders - E.L.F. - Complexion Perfection

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2012 11:44:00 PM More reviews by fawn001

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this as an all over setting powder. I usually buy two or three at a time and keep them handy. I have been to my store and they were sold out so I safeguard against that by keeping a few on hand. I use one about every two months. My skin is very pale and I use this to lighten the color of my foundation. I use a puff rather than a brush. I think the brush causes too much fall out. I like to dab my puff in the pink and use that to set my concealer. Then I use a blend of all the colors over my entire face to set my foundation. I have oily skin and it really works to control the oil. I hit pan pretty quick and use the end of a brush to scrub around the sides and break up the last remaining amounts then pulverize that into a loose powder. I use up every little bit! I have gone through about six of these so far!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2012 7:48:00 PM More reviews by Jelyna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am on my second container of this product. I use it after concealerand foundation. It helps control my tzone and even out my skin tone.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2012 2:28:00 AM More reviews by ChanelLove07

Absolutely love this powder. Omg I can't believe I've only used this now. I always had a problem with my oily/shiny t-zone. And even if I used a mattifying translucent powder it didn't quite do the trick. It really mattifies my shiny areas.
HOW I USE THIS: I use a clean cotton pad every time I use it due to sanitary reasons. If your mattifying a shiny or oily area you want to use a clean powder puff etc because im prone to breaks out but I don't want to buy a new powder puff or clean it. So I use round cotton pads. I dab it in the powder a few times and lightly dab it into my skin after foundation and translucent powder. I use the yellow to brighten under my eyes and it brightens it up. I use the green to neutralize and mattifying my pinky nose. It really keeps my oily/shiny t zone at bay. Yet leaving me a really nice semi matte semi dewy glow, ahhh I love it. Love love love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2012 12:59:00 AM More reviews by c0c0delor

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this product. I bought it last year just because it was so darn cheap and it was a new product. Thing is I did not now how to use it; I have never used correction powders/concealers before. There were no helpful tips or instructions on the packaging. So few months ago, I looked up how to use the powders. I labeled the powders according to what color they correct. I love the feel of the powders on my face; very matte and light. I only use it on specific areas on my face, not on my entire face as a finishing powder.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2012 12:06:00 AM More reviews by ohgeebus

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I didn't have any problem with this being chalky or drying on my skin, but then again, I have oily skin and rarely have that issue with powders. The powder really didn't balance out my complexion anymore than a usual translucent powder would, but it did mattify me very nicely.
The fact that it doesn't correct my skin complexion was one thing. But also, I had a very hard time getting this product onto my skin. It takes a lot of "redipping" the brush (I used the Studio Powder brush from the ELF) to get powder all over my face. I guess that might be because its a pressed powder, but I would've preferred if it was a little easier to apply.
Update: The powder makes your fast a little ghostly, so be careful of applying with a heavy hand.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/22/2012 4:16:00 PM More reviews by magucken

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

To use the individual colors of this powder to correct any slight discoloration, it is much too sheer. And to use it as an overall finishing powder, swirling all color together, it is much too chalky.
It does a good job mattifying the skin, though... and settling in every crevice in the process. Not a flattering look.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/15/2012 11:00:00 AM More reviews by tightkitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Grey

This does not show up on me or make any kind of difference with anything. This does not cancel out or conceal anything. if I wanted a mattifier I would just use my pressed powder. I love e.l.f but this one did not do anything. I would never repurchase. I would rather have another flat top brush instead of this for 3 bucks

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2012 11:38:00 PM More reviews by AnnieBananie1991

I LOOOOVE this powder! I was addicted to Physicians Formula mineral corrective powder (name? :P ) but needed a less expensive dupe, and I have found it! Although it doesn't provide the exact same level of coverage, it does a darn good job for 3$! I am hooked!
The only reason I didn't give this 5 lippies is just because there is quite a bit of fallout when applying due to the powdery consistency, NBD though.
This has become and everyday staple for me!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2012 11:11:00 AM More reviews by FAATb0yy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

It helps even my skin tone. Each color has a different purpose. Yellow reduces redness and brightens, blue neutralizes orange, green reduces redness, and pink neutralizes gray/darkness. I put it on before my tinted moisturizer and some green/yellow afterwards if there's more redness. I like this product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2012 4:00:00 PM More reviews by NatanYah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

The first day I used this product it didn't look as if it did anything until I mixed the pink and green and used it on my under eye circles. It brightened up the area but I was still not happy. Some have suggested using a light hand to apply it as a setting powder. I'll try that and see how it goes.