December 19, 2014 | 1474 users online

Lip Treatments - Urban Decay - Lip Primer Potion

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2010 2:09:00 AM More reviews by OSusanna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't have any other product to compare this to. This is my first lip primer. The texture is fine. Since I use it every morning, I can't complain about it drying up on me and not spreading on my lips in a satisfactory manner. It seems to help downplay the flakies on my lips so that the UD lipstick I bought goes on smooth and evenly. I don't know if it helps staying power. I know that the stick broke at the base of the product and I have to be careful about it falling out. I like it enough to use everyday, how's that? It's a little better than chapstick in moisturization. I don't see many primers so perhaps it's best to stick with this one until I hear more good things about a different one.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/10/2010 8:25:00 PM More reviews by smileybiker

I read the comments here during the time I was waiting for this product to arrive by mail from Sephora. So I was unsure about how it would turn out. When I first opened the box, I thought it was really well made, and smelt nice. It went on creamy and didnt seem too drying.

Yesterday I actually wore it under lipstick and lip gloss. Everything seemed fine. Until later on in the day I looked in the mirror and my lips were green!!! I had been drinking red wine at a friends house. The lipstick had worn away...but the primer was obviously still patchy on my lips (after quite some hours without checking in mirror). I couldnt believe the interaction it had with the wine!! It was awful. I would have been far happy that all the lipstick had worn off rather then getting green lips. I was disappointed with this product. I will give it another chance. It was the 1st day...maybe just avoid wine or strong pigmented food/drink

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2010 8:52:00 PM More reviews by Gradle

This product is not working for me at all. The first time I tried it, I used a lip balm underneath and got weird clumping issues when I put on my lipstick. I decided to try it without any balm underneath, but I'm still getting patchy clumps. This doesn't seem to help my lipstick wear any longer, and because it makes lipstick apply and wear unevenly, I believe I'll return it.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/2/2010 10:26:00 AM More reviews by Bridget429

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It makes my lips feel really nice, but there really isn't any wow! with this product. I did not notice my lipstick staying for longer or anything

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2010 12:34:00 AM More reviews by KaiserMimiVII

Love love love this lip primer. I've always had problems with staying power with lipsticks and severe drying but this has put an end to it all. It also helps a lot with fine lines. It's a very sound investment.
I read the previous reviews and feel like I should address a few of the concerns other people have raised. If it feels drying, it's most likely because you're using the very dried out tip of the lip treatment and not really trying the actual product. Sometimes these products do end up sitting on the shelves of Sephora for a few months. There's a slight waxy layer on top, just rub it off on the back of the hand until you get the lip balm consistency.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2010 11:24:00 AM More reviews by korinsama

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

first i must say that i.m shocked to so so many reviews that says that they find the product drying?! the first thing i noticed was that lipsticks stopped drying on me and stayed smooth (like a lipbalm feeling) for a lot longuer than before.
It didn't change the color of my liptstick either, it make it maybe a little bit more brighter, but i consider it normal since i'm applying it over a primer, like eyshadows.
i seriously have nothing bad to say about this product, maybe the stick could be a little bit bigger, but hey it does the job.
i went to bed without taking my make up off (i know it's bad) and i still had some color this morning on, it didnt smeared off at all, (like i didnt have a darker lip contour and no lipcolor inside, which happen to me a lot when my lipstick starts to go away

one thing : it's very important to use the primer on your hand or a tissue until you get a smooth texture before your first use, if not it'll be very waxy and hard to apply (like some lipsticks).

i'll definitely buy it again

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2010 12:35:00 PM More reviews by slimchicklovesMAC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Okay, so I love UDPP and was hoping the UDLPP would become my HG for my lipgloss and l/s. It is not!!! The product is too drying to be of any use. Maybe I got a bad tube or something, but it does not work.
First, I couldn't even apply it to my lips!!! It is just too dry. I decided to add a little Smith's Rosebud Salve to my lips before apply UDLPP to help it go on smoother, didn't work. And it did not help my l/s or l/g last any longer. Also, it costs more than UDPP. So, back to Sephora you go.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2010 8:08:00 PM More reviews by jyllianm

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It works! It might be a little dry but I have some lipsticks that are a little too slippery so this balances them out nicely. I have actually been able to go nearly all day without reapplying my lipstick--even the lighter formulations. I'm happier with this than with MAC's primer or just about anything I"ve tried.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2010 4:44:00 PM More reviews by lchoe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This did not work for me (too drying, altered the color of my lipstick). I hope the tips below will work for you as they are much more economical for your wallet and some of the tips have been around since the 1980s (maybe longer but I recall reading the long version tip in magazines when I was in my teens).

Tip - when you're short on time -> On top of my non-glossy lip balm (for moisture), I put my eyelid primer (I like Too Faced "Shadow Insurance") on my CLEAN finger and dab this over my lips. Wait 10 seconds or so to let dry/set, then I put my lipstick on top and voila! my lipstick lasts a very long time with adequate moisture (my lips are very dry) and no color change.

(The next tip will be good for people who have the time to do the extra steps but you will be rewarded in color that does not budge):
***Makeup Artist TIP - In a recent issue of Allure, the makeup artist Pat McGrath shared her tips for her amazing lip look for Giorgio Armani (she is their Creative Director of make-up):
- Apply moisturizing non-glossy lip balm
- Wait then put light layer of foundation on top
- Put thin layer of translucent powder on top of that and pat down
- Line your lips
- Fill in with lipstick
- for even more strength, put powder on top of 1st coat lipstick, and add 2nd coat of lipstick

This tip has been around since the 1980s (at least) as this is what makeup artists did to ensure the lipstick lasted on the models for photo shoots and the runway. I would do this for a big night out and it really worked for non-budging lip color (I wear blood red lipsticks, C. Dior, YSL that look best when they are bold, not fading :-). Understandably the steps can take a while so the shortcut tip (using your favorite eye primer) should work for you as well as being easy to apply anywhere (office, fun, etc).

I hope these tips can work for you!

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2010 8:35:00 PM More reviews by JazzyStef

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm in the middle on this product. :/

This was the first lip primer I had ever tried. When I first put it on and then applied my lipstick, I was IN LOVE. My lips looked so smooth! And my lipstick stayed on for hours.

My issue with it though is that after you use it for awhile...the product becomes pasty and rough...almost like a crayon. Mine has bumps on it now which makes it harder to apply an even layer to my lips.

So...since I bought two of them and don't want to waste it lol I just apply it and then smooth it out with my finger before I put on lipstick/gloss etc.

It does matte my lips a little which I actually LOVE since my lips are so pigmented...it helps lipsticks look their true color.

I'd definitely recommend this product!