October 23, 2014 | 2122 users online

Crème - Urban Decay - Surreal Skin Cream to Powder Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2011 1:06:00 AM More reviews by mneiai

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is the only foundation that I've ever hit pan on, but considering there's not much in it, that's not so surprising. I really, really liked this, I think around my late teens or early twenties. I'm oily and acne prone and this gave great coverage. With a decent powder over it, it stayed put and didn't look too oily at the end of the day. The line runs warm and at the time the color I had was an awesome match for me. I didn't have problems with it settling in my pores and it hid discoloration very well. However, when I moved to a more humid climate, it just did not work out and I had to switch to a different one. I put that I would buy it again because I probably would if I moved somewhere cooler/less humid and if I could justify the price, though I never bought a replacement and am not planning to.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/10/2011 9:04:00 AM More reviews by MakeupLovingNurse

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I bought this product in order to "give my skin a break". Normally I will wear a product which offers good coverage and longevity.

On first examining this compact I was impress. The hard purple packing with in build mirror and flip up container for an applicator was beautiful. Easily slipped into your handbag and quick for touch ups.

The foundation itself feels incredibly silky to the touch and initially I was very excited.

However, thats when it all went wrong; I had to put it on!!!!

Certainly you can build up good coverage and it's a dream to blend, but that's it. Literally after on afternoon out shopping, my cousin was in hysterics laughing at the state of my face. Any where I had touched, the foundation had wipe clean off, not to mention it's crusty adherence to the drier parts of my face. It look incredibly patchy and sunk right into my pores.

On my next attempt I applied a matte primer before hand hoping it would help to hold the foundation in place, sadly this was not the case!!!! Once again, after an hour or so my face looked streaky and uneven.

So yes, the compact itself was great, but as for the foundation, I would not recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2011 6:27:00 AM More reviews by Hyt831

I hated compacted foundations but this one! I am totally sold! I was at sephora last weekend when the Urban Decay Makeup artists were there, so one lady tried this on me and I was like... OH MY GOSH, my skin is PERFECT (it isn't without this product! :[ )
I do not like compact foundations because it is unsanitary and complicated to use, and the pan gets dirty! :( but for this foundation, I looked beyond that! My complexion was instantly brighten, pores were mininized, and after 5hours od wear, no signs of shine anywhere, no dry patches on the cheeks! Seriously, what else can I ask for?! Right!
The only cons about this product is that, it will NOT do the things I've listed on it's own! For it to reach it's full potential, I had to use the glowing primer, and the deslick spray! :/ I was sucker for the outcome, so that day my pocket was emptied! I tried the foundation on it's own, it was still very good, but about 3 hours into it, my oily Tzone became very shiny, and the facial oil petruded through the foundation, in a way the foundation started to melt! :(
Abusolutely do not like the packaging. Do not like the cheap plastic child like compact.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2011 12:50:00 PM More reviews by flowapowa7

Although I have not tried many foundations, I love makeup and I rate this foundation highly, reasons why I like it are that
nice packaging, my fav colour is purple, i suppose you pay for the packaging..idk
wont clog pores
not tested on animals yay (:
there is a good range of different shades for nearly every skin tone really as there is light, light/med, med etc, all the way to dark shades
And I chose light/medium as its winter atm where I am and my skin isnt that dark, although I'll probably be a medium in summer, though the match is perfect! seriously, it might have skin matching pigments or something.
I have a neutral/warm golden undertone so it suites me and I think most of the shades have quite yellow/golden undertones to them.
The finish is semi matte, and I dont like a dewy or matte finish so its great, good for oily and dry skin, and it also blends in very well and looks natural.
I like cream textured foundations so its good aswell.
And the coverage is medium, I dont want a light coverage, and I don't want a heavy covergae as I find it can look unnatural, however you can build the coverage up. And due to the yellow tone it hides redness very well, I sometimes treat it as a concealer for the redness around my nose.

And although I would purchase it again just cos I really like the look it gives me, I have to mention its bad points cos sadly it aint perfect so here it goes:
Its not cheap around 15 pounds I paid for it, around $20? Not really expensive but you dont get loads of product so
its not gonna last 6 months, perhaps 3 months and thats not using it everyday, I dont use it every day so has lasted. So perhaps it is quite pricey. And it can settle into fine lines around m eyes, but then again eevry ones different. And in the meantime im gonna purchase it again till I find something better
x

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2011 11:49:00 AM More reviews by pikacharma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

This stuff is okay, but it's definitely not for girls with oily skin. The package is also deceptively big for the tiny amount of product you actually get, which is fine for some cheap-o drugstore stuff, but definitely not cool when I'm paying 30 bucks a pop.

FWIW, I have an extremely oily nose, chin, and forehead, but my cheeks and and the sides of my face are normal, so I sort of got to test this product on two skin types at once. This is awesome on the non-oily parts of my skin, but a nightmare on my T-zone.

Pros: Extremely easy to apply, blends like a dream, gives good coverage without being thick, gooey, or cakey. I don't recommend using the little brush that comes with the product, as that seems to give an uneven or streaky effect, but if you apply this product with a sponge (or even your fingers in a pinch) it goes on smoothly and evenly.

Cons: Accentuates large pores, completely melts off of oily skin regardless of primers and setting sprays, TINY amount of product in the package relative to the price and the deceptively large size of the compact.

In a nutshell, if you have normal or dry skin (this product seems very hydrating), this should work great for you if you're willing to spend the money. It's high-quality makeup, without question. If you have oily skin and\or large pores, however, this probably isn't what you're looking for. It tends to sink into pores and draw attention to them rather than hiding them, and it gets very oily and melty when applied to oily skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2011 12:36:00 PM More reviews by mkf96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this product because I had a voucher to spend, and I wanted to buy a foundation of good quality. This one caught my eye, with the pretty packaging.
It is a good foundation. it has a good colour range. I took the lightest colour there. It does what it says on the tin - cream to powder, and it has a nice light coverage for daily use.
However, the packaging is quite bulky and on saying this there is not very much of the actual product in the tin so you must use it sparingly as it is very expensive, The mirror inside is good though.
I would buy this product again, if I had money to spare, but in these recessionary times it's not exactly a steal.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2011 1:04:00 AM More reviews by kabadillos

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this product about a week ago and have been wearing it on a daily basis to school, work and other activities. Overall my experience with this foundation is somewhere between a 3 and 4 out of 5 ... but more leaning towards a 3.
For one, the price is too expensive for such little product in the actual compact. It's packaging is a bit bulky for my liking and kind of serves as an illusion of having lots of product in it. All in all though, the packaging is pretty cute but the size and bulkiness just doesn't appeal to me.
I got this from Sephora for 41.00, going out on a limb since the floor associate recommended it seeing as i have combination oily skin. The pros about it is I got matched with a perfect shade for my skin tone (Supernova - light/medium), gives the right amount of coverage (medium to full) and provides a nice smooth, satin finish. The cons I have however is how this product likes to cling to the sparse dry areas on my face. Seeing as I don't really have a problem with dry patches, this just highlighted it to the point of it being agitatingly noticeable when I usually never have this problem.
All in all, it's a pretty good product with unnecessary fancy packaging and should contain more make up in the actual compact!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2011 1:55:00 PM More reviews by Gemmaxlee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I switched to this foundation after my Diorskin forever turned out to be a let down, the lightest shade was too dark for me and the "extreme wear" foundation slid off my skin! I went into Debenhams to search for a better alternative and was approached by the sales rep from Urban Decay. I'd never had any experiences with Urban Decay Make-up having been loyal to Dior and YSL for a few years now!

I'm hauntingly pale with combination skin, so finding a colour match is very difficult for me. So I was totally in shock when she applied this foundation in 'fate' and there were no foundation lines, my skin tone was even and i didn't need to apply any of my touche eclat to get rid of my dark circles! I purchased this straight away along with Urban Decay's De-Slick in a tube.

I got up for work the next day, applied the De-Slick to my t-zone and applied the foundation to full coverage. I'm happy to say it lasted a full 9-5 shift, unlike Diorskin forever which there was no trace of by the end of the day.

The packaging is the nicest I've seen for a compact, and the brush provided is really good. However, if you put on a few layers of this it can streak so it's best to apply in circular motions to blend it properly.

I really love this foundation and I'm on my second compact, but the first one lasted me three weeks...just. This was from applying it to a full coverage every day and it was only when I was making the most of the little of it that was left that I realized that I actually only NEEDED a little bit to even my skin tone with a little bit extra under my eyes to cover dark circles to make my skin look perfect. I only wear this to full coverage when I'm going on a night out and want my skin to look beyond amazing!

All in all this foundation caters for all my needs, lasts all day and has actually saved me a lot of money (no more spending £28 Diorskin Forever and £24 on Touche Eclat!).

For £20 it's definitely worth it :)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2011 3:38:00 AM More reviews by KieuNguyen

**Pros: The packaging is the best I've ever seen on a compact! It's a heavy, nice plastic with an underlying metalic logo on the lid. It's beautifully made, and the brush that it comes with is perfect for application. It does not streak, and the brush is super soft.
**Cons: The foundation dried out my skin within hours, even when using moisturizer. And, once it reached this point, the foundation color's yellow undertones were so evident on my skin. My face looked super flakey :( Lastly, I required quite a bit of product each time to get the desired coverage, so it seemed that I would have to buy a new compact every month or so if I were to keep it.
The color I used was "Nirvana". (fyi: I'm normally an NC25). On application, "Nirvana" was mildly dewy and nearly perfect; however, it dried out my skin within a couple of hours of wear. I was hesitant to return it simply because of the packaging and the brush; but I figured, if I'm not going to reach for the foundation, why pay $37? I said that I would buy again because I would if I could find it cheaper online or somewhere else; but to me, it is not worth $37.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2011 11:52:00 PM More reviews by cassigail

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I had been using UD's Mineral foundation, but read some reviews on this and decided to try it when I got a Sephora gift card for Christmas. I do not regret picking this out. I have oily skin and, while my oil stays more at bay during the winter, this foundation gives me a naturally flawless look and I don't have to use my UD De-Slick powder nearly as often as usual. I wish it came with more foundation, but I have had it for two weeks and have barely scratched the surface of it. I am always weary of cream foundations, due to my skin being so oily, but this foundation really does dry as a powder. I think I'll be using this foundation for a long time. Urban Decay never lets me down!