August 29, 2014 | 1914 users online

Concealers - Make Up For Ever - HD Concealer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2012 1:44:00 PM More reviews by Angeldoll

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This covered my acne marks/hyperpigmentation beautifully! It feels very light, blends well, does not look cakey and lasts all day. So glad I found a perfect color match for my skin. (#340) . The applicator stinks however but hopefully they will change it.
UPDATE NOV 26, now changed to #330 (mac c3) for winter. Nice neutral ligh-med color with yellow undertones.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2012 1:02:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I'm going to start this out by telling you about my circles. Then I'm going to tell you the horrible story about how I bought this (and am 90% sure I'll return it).
My under eye area is darker than the rest of my face. That's it. There's no purple or blue undertone just darker. In the winter I am about a NC10 and summer I can get up to NC20 (which I'm at right now). I also have this line (that's between your nose & under eye area; it's where bags start on most people in the corner of the eye). I think it makes me look older than I am (25) but if I could correct it most people would probably assume I'd be somewhere around 20.
Now for my story about how I came across this. I had head out to Ulta to try to get a concealer first. I was one of, not even, 10 people in the store. Yet there was only two associates (out of 5-6) there wandering around and helping people. One was stuck at the Benefit counter while the other was helping a couple behind me. The moment I went to speak up for help she ignored me and walked away. I ended up buying a few things not on my list because the Ulta did not carry what I was looking for (should have known it; I always have issues with Ulta). After that ordeal was done I headed over to Sephora. I've always had pleasant MUAs but they usually have no idea what they're doing. This time was on par with that. All I wanted was a concealer to cover the above described issues and a good foundation (I was tired of buying drugstore items that don't work). First thing they did wrong, which I didn't know about until almost the very end, was that they had given me a SKINCARE CONSULTANT to do my make-up. WTF Sephora!? Which means she was 100% clueless as to what to put on me. I had mentioned that I didn't know where to start on foundations but had wanted to try the HD concealer. I was ignored. I should have left to go to the MAC & Bobbi Brown counters next door (in a Macy's). I sat through her caking on the MUFE HD foundation, caking on the NARS concealer stick, and finally coming around to this concealer. She applied the Laura Mercier TM & the HD concealer together. I looked flawless but the foundation color was way off and this concealer still didn't cover. It brightened nicely but it doesn't conceal. I'd say this is a nice HE alternative to Maybelline Dream Lumi touch concealer. That's it. The circles were still there but brightened. I was disappointed, pushed into buying something (when I only wanted samples), and almost bought the Laura Mercier TM (which also covered nothing). I can't afford to spend $30+ on a product that won't work and sit in my drawer. Sadly I'm going to have to spend another day traveling all the way back (yep closest Sephora is about 30 minutes away) and return this dang thing. I just need to suck it up, not be a push over, and deal with the Bobbi Brown counter (in the past I was ignored & treated like dirt for not wearing HE clothing & waving around money).

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2012 4:28:00 PM More reviews by carmenkam

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am super picky about under eye concealer, my requirement: Under $30 all-in-one product that: conceals, corrects, brightens without primer or setting powder, also non-drying or accentuate my fine lines, not cast white shadow in photo. The MUFHD concealer is 1 of the best that I've tried & met the above requirements. Other awesome (cheaper) ones are: Collection 2000 concealer and Maybelline Age rewind concealer. As always, MUF has wide color selection, I'm NC25 & use #325 in this concealer. Cons is the dispense mechanism is a bit awkward, just not very practical, doesn't enhance the product, another con is: very expansive! How itssy bittsy there is! If the price is lower I l's probably solely use this.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2012 5:11:00 PM More reviews by windupbirdee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I purchased this product after being dissatisfied with Laura Mercier's Secret Camouflage. I was looking for something that is non-drying for blemishes and lasting, which were two qualities that LM's cult favorite lacked. I first tried Cover FX but was unable to find a good match for my NC25-30 skin tone (go figure!). MUFE had a good range of colors for the SA to try out on my skin. I love the texture of this concealer. It's creamy and not drying. It doesn't settle into any lines on my skin, and lasts throughout a work day and gym. With LM it was gone by mid afternoon. The only gripe is the dreaded applicator. It just keeps on pooling products around the opening after the initial dispense. The applicator really confuses me but I would repurchase this because it really is a perfect match to my skin, non-drying, and long lasting. Icing on the cake is that it's fragrance free and paraben free.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2012 10:13:00 AM More reviews by Fascinated

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I'm already a big fan of the HD foundation, but I've had a hard time finding a concealer that both concealed my under-eye circles, covered my blemishes adequately, and did NOT accentuate the fine lines under my eyes. An MA at Sephora recommended this concealer, and I'm very happy I took her suggestion. This evens out redness and helps cover my breakouts when I want full coverage, and when I buff it in using my MAC 217 brush it doesn't sink into the lines under my eyes. So far it seems to stay put and not contribute to any more breakouts (but I don't use it or the HD foundation every day, just when I go out at night.) The only thing I really don't like about it is the packaging. The applicator is just...weird...and hard to work with, and I feel like I wind up wasting product b/c of the click dispenser. But I've learned to adapt to it so that's not as much of a problem as it was. Will still re-purchase, as it's by far the best concealer I've found.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2012 11:45:00 PM More reviews by Xxkonixx

Great concealer....covers my dark circles perfectly!! However, i really can't stand the packaging of this product. The stupid silicon tip does not hold extra concealer that you will accidently roll out and certainly cannot be used as a applier. And the price is rediculesly expensive, almost 40 cd for 0.05 oz while alot of it will end up wasted in the cap. And it's even more fustrating when you getting ready for work and waitin for this thing to come out with the right amount. Wish this was in a simple squeez tube.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2012 1:06:00 PM More reviews by azmuslima

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I picked up the MUFE HD Starter Kit with the Primer, Brush and Powder, and Foundation. I also bought the HD concealer. I was super excited to try these products because of all the hype they have gotten!

I have to say i was extremely dissapointed will all of these products! I currently use Christian Dior - Diorskin Forever foundation and powder and they outperform MUFE line in every aspect!

Primer: The Primer does not do anything to prevent oiliness in my t-zone and makes no difference in foundation application or staying power when applied before foundation. I prefer the Too Faced Oil Free Primed and Poreless primer which works wonderfully!

Foundation: The foundation does not melt into my skin and instead sits on top of the primer/skin and makes my pores look enlarged. It does not wear well and after work i can see where some of the foundation/primer has been absorbed by my skin and so my skin looks blotchy and this is NOT a good look.

Concealer: The concealer goes on nicely at first and then proceeds to dry out and cake into the fine lines under my eyes. Even setting it iwth the HD powder does not help. It has a horrible drying effect and just looks bad on older (over 40 ) skin. My fav concealer is Laura Mercier Secret Concealer and brightening powder

HD Powder: This feels okay going on and does mattify my makeup look but does not do anything to prolong the foundation lasting or help the concealer not congeal in clumps under my eyes. It is not any better than the same HD pwder by ELF or Smashbox.

Brush: I love the brush in this set and it is the only thing i would consider keeping.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/19/2012 5:19:00 PM More reviews by plasticbambi

This is literally the worst concealer I have ever used. I have dark circles under my eyes, some acne every now and then and some serious redness around my nose. This concealer didn't cover any of it. It always looked like I was wearing cakey make up. This stuff separated like nobodies business either. This was a complete was of money. I would never suggest it to anyone.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2012 11:18:00 AM More reviews by doubledutchhdisco

The first under-eye concealer that I've actually managed to finish. Re-purchased again today!
Its consistency is perfect, thick enough to stay put but not so thick that it looks cakey. Still not cakey after setting with my Maybelline Dream Matte powder. Buildable coverage, but one layer usually suffices for my dark circles. It lasts very well, I live in a humid climate and find that this concealer will hold up for a whole day of 7-10 hours! I have yet to try it on a night out involving dancing and sweating, but will update once I do.

The only real downside is the packaging. The product comes out of a small hole in this strange flimsy rubber tube that is also used to spread the product. The concept is great, but the rubber isn't of very good quality and after a while bends out of shape which can sometimes disrupt the flow of the product. And the fact that it's 1.5mL for about $40 USD! But I digress, it's the only undereye concealer I've liked, and will continue to repurchase until I find a better alternative.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2012 8:23:00 PM More reviews by joyousjoy88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is probably the first under-eye concealer that I really really like and will re-purchase. My under-eye area is dry and most concealers emphasize fine lines and the typical creasing that happens throughout the day. However this MUFE HD concealer stays put throughout the day for my without settling into my fine lines and doesn't dry out the skin under my eyes, which is the major selling point for me. It also has decent coverage. The coverage is build-able without getting cakey. The applicator is a rubber tip with a small hole for where the product comes out when you twist. The downfall is that it is very easy to waste product. I find I do a have twist once than pinch the applicator below the hole so that only a small amount comes out. It's a hassle but this isn't exactly cheap at around $28 CAD for 1.5ml or 0.05 fl.oz. Because it is pricey for the amount I only use it for under-eye concealing and not blemishes. I also like that doesn't have shimmer in it.