September 18, 2014 | 1745 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lustre in Hug Me

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2012 1:08:00 PM More reviews by curlywurly100

i'm fair mediterranean with medium-pigmented lips and Hug Me on me, is only a slight hint darker than my natural lips and looks like a subtle warm brown beige nude on me. because this is a Lustre finish, it is very buildable so tends to go on a little see through at first, but you can eventually reach your desired effect.
i originally always wore 'Modesty', but wanted something a hint more cooler and more neutral, and this is the one to do it. you can wear this colour with any eye look as well.
i like to put this on to bare lips to really bring out the colour, and then add a balm or a gloss if i feel like it. i have a feeling this would suit anyone. definitely give it a try if you're after an everyday staple.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2012 12:58:00 AM More reviews by cadabeijos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hands down, my favorite nude lipstick. Really keeps your lips moisturized and looks great against my NC40 skin. Paired with a nude/golden lipgloss, it's really beautiful.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2012 1:43:00 PM More reviews by Lomelindi

Reference: NC25 v. warm Asian with pigmented (rosy) lips.

I'm on the fence about this one. It swatches beautifully on people's arms - it's like a dewy brown with pink undertones that's very close to my natural lips. It's quite sheer though, so keep that in mind if you're looking for something more pigmented. On my lips, it's prone to disappearing due to how pink my lips naturally are, so I do need to layer it. The good news is that it evens out my lip color, hydrates and doesn't emphasize creases, so you CAN layer it quite a lot. It feels a lot like a balm, which is surprising coming from a MAC lipstick.

Like everyone said, this is a great "My Lips But Better" shade. It'll never be obvious though, so look elsewhere if you want something with more of a punch. I ended up returning this color because as pretty as it is by itself, it just cannot compete with the natural redness in my lips, making it kind of useless as a lipstick by itself. (NOTE: Maybelline Totally Toffee is a close dupe of this, it's very hard to tell them apart when swatched on my arm and my lips. TT may even be more pigmented!)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2012 11:42:00 AM More reviews by MegE

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My coloring: MAC NC20ish (see my notepad for foundation matches), brown hair/eyes, and naturally slightly pinky-toned lips.

HUG ME is equivalent to the perfect pair of jeans and the simple white t-shirt, IMHO. For me it's the perfect MLBB shade. Tough to describe, but I would say it's a nude-brown with a pinkish hue. Not too brown, never orangey, and with just enough pink to make it pretty, giving you a healthy sheen.

HUG ME is a Lustre, which is my personal favorite formula. I don't find it drying and I love the slightly glossy finish. I find it lasts a few hours before needing a touchup. A great everyday neutral that goes with almost anything!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2012 12:07:00 PM More reviews by kpl30

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

This is my first mac lipstick and i absolutely love this shade. It suits my complexion perfectly and it looks very natural and nude. It also lasts throughout the day, however i find that it can dry out my lips sometimes so i apply vaseline before i apply this lipstick. Definitely an everyday shade!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2012 10:56:00 PM More reviews by ysmc8024

I'm in love with this product!! This is HG status for me right now. It was my first ever lipstick from mac. Hug Me ha the creamiest texture! It feels amazing on the lips, and isnt drying AT ALL. I will repurchase everytie I run out perfect MLB darker shade for me. I have slightly pigmented lips at times but mostly theyre canvas like so this is basically the color I wish they were with clear gloss on

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2012 3:16:00 PM More reviews by MyCuppaTea

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is one of my go-to, everyday lipsticks, along with Syrup. Hug Me is a little more brown, and is close to my natural, pigmented lip color. I like to wear Hug Me when I wear brown colors, especially a leather jacket. It has a very creamy texture, but can still be drying (like most MAC lipsticks, I've found), so I apply lip balm underneath. It doesn't last all day, but I don't mind reapplying when I need to. I will definitely buy again, though my MAC lipsticks last a long time.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2012 12:12:00 PM More reviews by MSEMR2010

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been wanting this lipstick for awhile, and now that I have it, I'm not that impressed. I'm going to continue to play around with it, but as of right now I would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2012 1:25:00 AM More reviews by Naima1587

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was my first lipstick ever from MAC and almost a decade later, it's still a fave! It's a nice nude/ brownish pink on me which is perfect for a smoky eye look. If you're in the medium/ tan/olive and deeper it's an HG

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2012 1:18:00 PM More reviews by miatx5

Perfect nude pink for my lips. It's my 1st MAC lipstick and I love it. Will definitely repurchase once I'm done with this one.