MAC Lustre in Hug Me

4.2

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Dipentaerythrityl Hexahydroxystearate/Hexastearate/Hexarosinate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax\Candelilla Cera\Cire De Candelilla, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Polyethylene, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Cetyl Acetate, Lanolin Oil, Cetyl Lactate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Polydecene, Beeswax\Cera Alba\Cire D'Abeille, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Ceramide 3, Synthetic Wax, Synthetic Beeswax, Silica, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Alumina, Tin Oxide, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Vanillin [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine Red 6, red 6 Lake, Red 7 Lake, Red 21, Red 28 Lake, Red 30 Lake, Red 33 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Yellow 10 Lake]

on 12/25/2012 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This was my first MAC lipstick when I wanted a nude pinky mouth. But this doesn't bring life to my face. It makes my face look bleh. I wished this was more pink like my beloved Maybelline Nude Blush that was discontinued.

EDIT: I went and bought the pinker version of this which is Modesty in Cremeshine formula. Hug Me and Modesty are very close in color. HM is more peachy and Modesty is more pink. But when Modesty gave my lips a blue tinge like I just came in from the freezing cold and all color was drain from my lips. Hug Me actually looked better! I had HM on my top lip and Modesty on my bottom lip. For some reason, peachy based pinks look better on me than true pinks. I will be re-purchasing.

on 11/11/2012 1:34:00 PM

I love this lipstick. I always go back to it. I would describe Hug Me (NC 25) as a hot cocoa kind of color on me. It's warm, pink/brown and really pulls my look together. I like the lustre formula because it is slippery and doesn't look like lipstick. It glides over like a balm. All in all, a great neutral that is fool proof and pretty!

on 10/18/2012 8:14:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Love this colour! I tend to like lipstick shades that are a shade darker than my natural lip colour and are fairly sheer. This shade is perfect for me, I wear it often, great go to shade for when I am working. Has a nice shine to it and is very comfortable to wear. Not very long lasting but I wasn't expecting it to be. I actually bought it because my fav lipstick Revlon colorburst in Blush was discontinued, this is almost a perfect match for it if anyone was looking for that shade. Would repurchase.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I am a blue-eyed NW10 (NW20 in the summers when tanning from a bottle).

I changed my mind, this lipstick ends up looking "cinnamon" brown mauve nude on me, too 90s. It's like I'm trying to look natural, but it looks dramatic instead. Unfortunately, this color is not flattering on me.

on 9/17/2012 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I love this colour! It enhances my natural lip colour and just gives it the extra touch I need during the day. I usually use Mac lip balm first, apply lipstick, and then add a gloss on top. For my asian skin, it gives me a really subtle feel but also delivers in consistency. I can use this with any look. I love it!

on 9/17/2012 8:43:00 AM

A slightly cool nude pink on my light tan Asian C4/NC30 skin (I lean neutral). Very nice texture, smooth and moisturizing, with a subtle shimmer finish. With natural makeup, it can look a little too nude on my pigmented lips and wash me out, so I often put Bonne Bell Dr Pepper on top for a bit more color. At night, though, this is a perfect nude lippie for smokey eyes; it adds just enough pigment and shimmer to my lips.

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

i'm fair mediterranean with medium-pigmented lips and Hug Me on me, is only a slight hint darker than my natural lips and looks like a subtle warm brown beige nude on me. because this is a Lustre finish, it is very buildable so tends to go on a little see through at first, but you can eventually reach your desired effect.
i originally always wore 'Modesty', but wanted something a hint more cooler and more neutral, and this is the one to do it. you can wear this colour with any eye look as well.
i like to put this on to bare lips to really bring out the colour, and then add a balm or a gloss if i feel like it. i have a feeling this would suit anyone. definitely give it a try if you're after an everyday staple.

on 7/23/2012 12:58:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hands down, my favorite nude lipstick. Really keeps your lips moisturized and looks great against my NC40 skin. Paired with a nude/golden lipgloss, it's really beautiful.

on 7/13/2012 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Reference: NC25 v. warm Asian with pigmented (rosy) lips.

I'm on the fence about this one. It swatches beautifully on people's arms - it's like a dewy brown with pink undertones that's very close to my natural lips. It's quite sheer though, so keep that in mind if you're looking for something more pigmented. On my lips, it's prone to disappearing due to how pink my lips naturally are, so I do need to layer it. The good news is that it evens out my lip color, hydrates and doesn't emphasize creases, so you CAN layer it quite a lot. It feels a lot like a balm, which is surprising coming from a MAC lipstick.

Like everyone said, this is a great "My Lips But Better" shade. It'll never be obvious though, so look elsewhere if you want something with more of a punch. I ended up returning this color because as pretty as it is by itself, it just cannot compete with the natural redness in my lips, making it kind of useless as a lipstick by itself. (NOTE: Maybelline Totally Toffee is a close dupe of this, it's very hard to tell them apart when swatched on my arm and my lips. TT may even be more pigmented!)

on 7/7/2012 11:42:00 AM

My coloring: MAC NC20ish (see my notepad for foundation matches), brown hair/eyes, and naturally slightly pinky-toned lips.

HUG ME is equivalent to the perfect pair of jeans and the simple white t-shirt, IMHO. For me it's the perfect MLBB shade. Tough to describe, but I would say it's a nude-brown with a pinkish hue. Not too brown, never orangey, and with just enough pink to make it pretty, giving you a healthy sheen.

HUG ME is a Lustre, which is my personal favorite formula. I don't find it drying and I love the slightly glossy finish. I find it lasts a few hours before needing a touchup. A great everyday neutral that goes with almost anything!

Recommended for Medium Skin