April 19, 2014 | 1763 users online

Dry Shampoo - Batiste - Original Dry Shampoo

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2012 12:11:00 PM More reviews by Sjez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After trying several dry shampoos (Ojon, Oscar Blandi, Tigi's Rockaholic, and Batiste) I've decided that the name dry shampoo is sort of a misnomer. That being said, this stuff is better than anything else I've tried. I wash my hair about 2-3x a week, and generally end up using Batiste in the morning of the day I wash my hair. I have a lot of hair, and do a layer at a time, spraying around the roots and then brushing my hair until all the white powderiness has disappeared.

Pros: Lasts longer than any other dry shampoo I've tried. Doesn't smell crazy weird and strong like a lot of dry shampoos (*cough* Ojon and Oscar Blandi *cough*). Doesn't evaporate from the bottle. Sprays evenly, and powderiness combs out easily.

Cons: Is still highly fragranced (smells like dryer sheets).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2012 4:50:00 PM More reviews by sam23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Love it! I just bought it, and I'm very impressed. I looked at reviews first and I'm so glad I bought this. Just one thing--don't spray this on your part. I bet everyone else already knows this, I don't know why I did it but I did. oops. anyway, it doesn't leave white residue, you don't have to press too hard on the nosil to get a good amount out of it, I have other products in my hair so I'm not sure if it's this but my hair is extremely bodacious today :) It eliminates oil, it has a very very mild scent, nothing that people will smell if they don't have their nose right in your hair, I was worried about the scent cause I like to wear one perfume and I don't want it to be overpowered by anything else. I like this! it should significantly reduce the amount of times per week that I need to wash my hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2012 6:22:00 AM More reviews by ClassyMinx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have really long and thick hair and washing and drying it can take time. Batiste dry shampoo is a life saver for me when I'm running late and don't have time to wash and dry my hair... or when I'm just being lazy. Just a quick 5 second spray to my roots, brush my hair and I'm ready to go. My hair looks and feels clean and normal when I use this.This is the only dry shampoo I've ever tried but I'm impressed and will continue to use it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2012 4:15:00 PM More reviews by bluegreyeyes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is a great dry shampoo. I was using Rockstar or something and then I tried Treseme (ugh!) but this is the best I've found. The smell isn't offensive, and it doesn't leave any residue or white powder afterwards. I use as directed and shake well, apply to roots and then work into scalp and brush out... it def "refreshes" my hair in the AM after 2-3 days without washing. I usually either apply a volumizer or use a blow dryer to quickly give my hair some volume!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/6/2012 11:29:00 AM More reviews by emma1995

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I hated this! I've had three bottles and tried, and tried, to make it work but it doesnt. My greasy hair only clumps, and has an ashy cast. It feels disgusting, and is itchy! My friends say the same. Wouldnt reccomend.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2012 12:57:00 PM More reviews by Walhalla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is awesome. This is the first dry shampoo I've ever tried, so I can't compare, but until a few months ago, the selection of such products was quite limited in drugstores around here. It's like they all got the memo at the same time and finally decided to carry more than Got2b and Klorane...
Anyway, I mostly use it to keep my bangs fresh and non-greasy and it works quite well. I had been using baby powder for over a year before trying dry shampoo and it doesn't even begin to compare. I admit the scent is not great, but to me, it smells a bit like lemon Pledge, which is not necessarily the worst scent in the world. It dissipates quickly, so it's not a big deal. My boyfriend tried it once because he didn't have time to properly shower and he LOVED it. He kept talking about it for days (and he didn't notice the scent).
It's between 9$ and 11$ here in Montreal, depending on the store (Jean Coutu tends to be cheaper than Shoppers Drug Mart in my neighbourhood). I've had it for over a month and I've used it every 2 days.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2012 9:22:00 PM More reviews by fongyukyuu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have quite oily hair and I've tried more than a few dry shampoos (Got2Be, Pssst!, Grafix Salon...) and this is one of the good ones. I admit that I think that they're all about the same, but I really would not recommend Grafix if you have black hair and to stay away from Got2Be (terrible overall, esp. the smell).

I really like the amount of gas in it (weird, I know). Compared to others, I noticed that the burst/application is a lot stronger (if that makes sense). Every time, you know that you're getting good coverage without spraying too much on, something that tends to happen w. other dry shampoos.

A lot of people complain about the scent, but it's not that bad. And it goes away after a short while.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2012 8:45:00 PM More reviews by Karin1539

Used this for years now! Hate to be without it. I cannot wash my hair too frequently without drying it out. So I don't and this is my hands down favorite dry shampoo. It works. The best way I've found is to flip my head over, spray all the roots, massage in, let sit and then brush out w/boar bristle brush. I do hate that the cans run around $8 here and that they don't last too long for me. I should probably find an online source that would give me some discount bulk case price or something. I seriously can't stand to leave my hair unwashed when I don't have a can of this on hand.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2012 4:53:00 AM More reviews by GrayRain

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

Pros:
Affordable
Inoffensive smell
Doesn't leak. ever.
Brushes out easily
Doesn't smell like Blush

Cons:
Slightly drying (you might have to clarify and moisturize)

Easily the best dry shampoo i've used so far. If you're looking for a dry shampoo, this is the one to try first.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2012 7:39:00 AM More reviews by daffydill

The final result is hair does look less greasy, smells clean, with more life, and in my case slightly lighter, however this may be due to the light colour that comes from the can. Due to this problem that was recorded Batiste have since released a range of dry shampoos that are tinted to suit different hair colours.

The scent I am left with on my hair I really enjoy, and is certainly nicer than smelling of booze or whatever else my hair had been through. The scent is a clean, chemical with a slight citrussy scent, but mainly chemical. However like furniture polish it is a scent that is not offensive to the nose. My hair does not appear or smell as nice as it would with a normal hair wash, however it is great if you're in a hurry, or can't get to a shower easily, such as at festivals.