April 21, 2014 | 1316 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Aveeno - positively radiant

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2013 10:51:00 AM More reviews by Trilbynyc

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this tinted moisturizer for a couple of years and I just love it. It looks completely natural and gives enough coverage for me, and has a nice dewy look. The light color suits me perfectly. One container lasts a long time even though I use it every day and apply it liberally, so it's a good value. It feels clean on my skin. Great product.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/28/2012 5:21:00 PM More reviews by twizzledizzle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted to try Aveeno because I've always liked their skincare products and got excited that they were making TMs. I've had this bottle for a year now and I hate it more every day. Can't seem to throw it out because I really want to make it work, but here's why it won't:

-gritty, greasy texture (strange!)
-oxidizes like crazy (hello there, oompa loompa!)
-product goes on streaky, whether I use my fingers, sponges, brush, etc. it's odd how much blending is required of a tinted moisturizer...
-it settles into my skin and magically emphasizes my wrinkles and fine lines that don't exist!
-sorely disappointed in a product that's $15-18.

The one thing it does do it even out my skin tone because of its light-reflecting particles -- but this is only from afar. Close up, it doesn't do anything but make me look like a BP oil spill disaster.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2012 7:43:00 PM More reviews by domibby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this stuff works really good and gives you a radiant glow, the only problem is that its kind of expenisive for the little bottle you get.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2012 9:15:00 AM More reviews by mollypop5

I like this stuff. I mix with a little other spf lotion (untinted) and it goes on nice. Top with a lose dust of powder and it looks rather invisible - just evens and covers. I do find it better to dilute a little. Don't mind the sparkles -- in fact only notice it faintly in sunlight. Haven't noticed smell. Pump does tend to dry out "next in line" product upon first squeeze, so there are flecks of this stuff in my sink after I flick it away.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/2/2012 8:13:00 AM More reviews by rainajaynee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this tinted moisturiser with high hopes, because I do love other Aveeno products and thought this would be the perfect tinted moisturiser for me.

Boy, was I wrong.

I tried this moisturiser on and looked in the mirror... I looked like Edward Cullen in sunlight.

If you do not like foundations or tinted moisturisers with 'glitter' or shimmer in it, do NOT buy this product.

Also, the product does not have the most amazing smell. And when I tried to apply it like an ordinary moisturiser, the foundation in the moisturiser started to rub off my face, even before all the moisturiser had been rubbed into my skin. So would definitely recommend applying this with a brush.

Although I am definitely not a fan of this product, I must say that the coverage is quite good for a tinted moisturiser.

I'm gonna use the rest of it, but won't be repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2012 1:40:00 AM More reviews by Xaephan

As someone with very oily skin, I never thought I would say this, but this is just too dry! The product comes out with a creamy texture, but as soon as it's applied, it dries out and gives a powery finish. Normally that would be a good thing, but this just didn't perform the functions a moisturizer would, and I couldn't use it on its own because I'd start to get patchy areas near my nose. Doesn't wear well over the day either, since it kind of 'wells up' with the oil on my face (it doesn't exactly transfer, but it starts to gather in my pores along with the oil) and just doesn't look good. I look dull and slightly dead when I first put this on, and then I just look like an oil slick after.

It works a bit better with another moisturizer mixed in or under it, but frankly, I'd pick an actual foundation over this. The coverage isn't bad, but it emphasizes lines and pores unless you put on a primer. Tinted moisturizer is supposed to be--in my mind--easy to use and a one-step process for days when I don't need that much make up. This just doesn't do it for me!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/4/2012 6:19:00 PM More reviews by Ispania

I was so exited to buy this product, because I like Aveeno product, but this one is not their best.
I actually bought it for summertime, but ironiously this us the very time I can't wear it. It makes my skin so oily! My skin is already oily in hot season and when I smooth it onto my face my face is super shiny! It also claims to even tone and texture which I didn't really notice .
It has SPF 3, but the amount of SPF ingredient make me doubt to wear it hot summer days.
I am pretty disappointed with this product. I am struggling to finish it, because I don't like to waste .
May be it will work better in winter, when I use it under my foundation. I will update my review and will let you know how it works in cold weather.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/4/2012 5:52:00 PM More reviews by cecilelpham

When I first bought this product I was thrilled! It was perfect: the medium shade perfectly matched my skin, it had SPF 30 which is exactly what I wanted, my skin looked flawless when I put it on, coverage was excellent, and its texture was easy and blendable. However after about a week of using this product, I noticed that I was breaking out a bit. It thought it would go away, so I just covered the acne with this TM. Then another week later, I realized that my acne was getting worse, and my face wouldn't stop breaking out! I stopped using this product and it took about 2-3 weeks for my acne to clear. I really tried to make it work, but this product was just hazardous for my skin. Also ewg.com/skindeep (a website that rates toxicity of makeup products) says the toxicity of this product is about an 8/10. If you decide to use this product, just be careful!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2012 10:25:00 PM More reviews by justinetindall

This is my HG tinted mousturizer. I prefer it over most high end options. I don't wear a spec of makeup during the week, but ill wear this on the weekend during the day if need be as a light cover. My skin gets oily and is very sensitive and prone to breakouts, but I have never once had a problem with it. It matifies, looks so natural, and even soothesmy skin when it is irritated. The consistency is thick, but it feels light on, and is buildable. Oh, and the sunscreen in it is very effective. One of the few products I will buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/17/2012 4:44:00 PM More reviews by olpsandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

As a tinted moisturizer, I would only give this one star. It was so thick, it was impossible to blend. However, as a moisturizer tinter, I would give this 5 stars. Unfortunately, it isn't supposed to a moisturizer tinter. If you buy it and find it unusable, try mixing a little bit with your regular moisturizer. It's actually nice because you can control how much color you have. Mix in more for bad skin days, less for better days.

The light color matches my skin perfectly (when mixed with reg moisturizer) and isn't sparkly or anything. I might buy it again, but I'll probably just keep looking for a good tinted moisturizer.