December 21, 2014 | 1487 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Aveeno - positively radiant

rated 1 of 5 on 3/21/2013 5:44:00 AM More reviews by CandyCrystals

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This review is for the Positively Radiant Tinted Moisturizer in MEDIUM sheer tint SPF 30. This color was PERFECT & sheer for my winter NC25 skin (I try to match the color to my neck). It evened out my complexion and looked like I wasn't wearing anything. I loved that it was a tinted moisturizer with SPF 30 and that it was broad spectrum, but after 2-3 weeks of using this daily I GOT A TON OF WHITEHEADS. This almost NEVER happens to me. It took a while for them to go away, but the damage was done.... my skin is sensitive now and nothing else I put on it seems to make my skin less confused.

And I agree with a review below, it has NO staying power whatsoever, dries the skin out to flakes & it balls up.

I still have a whole bottle left and am sad to be tossing $15 into the trash, but I would not give this to a friend to try because of what it did to my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2013 12:10:00 PM More reviews by kamakyri

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This review is for the SPF 30, Fair to Light, tinted moisturizer. I wasn't sure if I would like this product because I'm not typically a fan of shimmer in products but I'm really glad I gave this product a chance. I have combination skin that is also sensitive - i.e. I get oily patches, dry patches, I break out easily and get red and itchy from certain ingredients. I decided to try this since I need a sunblock and don't want to layer too many products during the daytime. I actually am impressed with the slight tint and shimmer - it makes my skin look really healthy and moisturized. It's not heavy nor greasy (especially compared to other sunblocks). It's also one of the few products that doesn't emphasize my dry flakes (with foundations and BB creams tend to do for me). I use a little powder on my nose to make sure it doesn't shine too much but other than that, I use a little bit of concealer on a few blemishes. My skin looks very natural and more vibrant.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/19/2013 10:57:00 AM More reviews by carmenle22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

First i have very oily skin and acne scars. It has great glow and shimmer and coverage is light to medium. i did not like that it did not fully cover my scars and does come onto clothing. by 10 am i am oily and fades a bit. so i think works well for someone with dry skin and not too many scars or spots on the face.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2013 5:33:00 PM More reviews by ccarebear344

I would buy this again in the summer, when I'm tan. I love the Positively Radiant non-tinted moisturizer, so, I thought I would give this a try. This product oxidizes like crazy. The color is very warm and limited in range. Also, the formula is not as moisturizing as the non-tinted version. Overall, I like the idea, but don't like looking like I've had a fake tan.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2013 11:13:00 PM More reviews by amtn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm going to begin by saying that I do not like to dislike products. In fact, when I buy products that do not work for me... I keep them in hope of finding uses for them/perhaps my skin will change during the year and it might work for me then.

Um. No. This product is just no. No. No.

- Colour range is not the best
- Gives a slight tint
- Not moisturising at all
- Shows the dry flakes on your face (even if you exfoliate before hand)! (Especially around the nose if you have them)
- WARNING: I urge everyone to dry this experiment at home. Swatch a good patch on your hand and rub it in as normal. Leave it to set/dry. Now rub the same spot again. IT BALLS UP AND FLAKES OFF. THIS PRODUCT HAS NO LONGEVITY!
- The pump is sturdy and it has a lock mechanism so that's nice
- The nozzle however CLOGS. So when you go to pump a new pump, there is a rubbery dried up piece that comes out along with some clear liquid at the tip of nozzle.

Bad formulation. Would not recommend. Would not buy again. Wasted $25AUD on this at Priceline.

Don't fall for this. You can buy Bourjois Healthy Mix SERUM and have your face hydrated with a tint. This product was bad.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2013 10:51:00 AM More reviews by Trilbynyc

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this tinted moisturizer for a couple of years and I just love it. It looks completely natural and gives enough coverage for me, and has a nice dewy look. The light color suits me perfectly. One container lasts a long time even though I use it every day and apply it liberally, so it's a good value. It feels clean on my skin. Great product.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/28/2012 5:21:00 PM More reviews by twizzledizzle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted to try Aveeno because I've always liked their skincare products and got excited that they were making TMs. I've had this bottle for a year now and I hate it more every day. Can't seem to throw it out because I really want to make it work, but here's why it won't:

-gritty, greasy texture (strange!)
-oxidizes like crazy (hello there, oompa loompa!)
-product goes on streaky, whether I use my fingers, sponges, brush, etc. it's odd how much blending is required of a tinted moisturizer...
-it settles into my skin and magically emphasizes my wrinkles and fine lines that don't exist!
-sorely disappointed in a product that's $15-18.

The one thing it does do it even out my skin tone because of its light-reflecting particles -- but this is only from afar. Close up, it doesn't do anything but make me look like a BP oil spill disaster.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2012 7:43:00 PM More reviews by domibby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this stuff works really good and gives you a radiant glow, the only problem is that its kind of expenisive for the little bottle you get.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2012 9:15:00 AM More reviews by mollypop5

I like this stuff. I mix with a little other spf lotion (untinted) and it goes on nice. Top with a lose dust of powder and it looks rather invisible - just evens and covers. I do find it better to dilute a little. Don't mind the sparkles -- in fact only notice it faintly in sunlight. Haven't noticed smell. Pump does tend to dry out "next in line" product upon first squeeze, so there are flecks of this stuff in my sink after I flick it away.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/2/2012 8:13:00 AM More reviews by rainajaynee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this tinted moisturiser with high hopes, because I do love other Aveeno products and thought this would be the perfect tinted moisturiser for me.

Boy, was I wrong.

I tried this moisturiser on and looked in the mirror... I looked like Edward Cullen in sunlight.

If you do not like foundations or tinted moisturisers with 'glitter' or shimmer in it, do NOT buy this product.

Also, the product does not have the most amazing smell. And when I tried to apply it like an ordinary moisturiser, the foundation in the moisturiser started to rub off my face, even before all the moisturiser had been rubbed into my skin. So would definitely recommend applying this with a brush.

Although I am definitely not a fan of this product, I must say that the coverage is quite good for a tinted moisturiser.

I'm gonna use the rest of it, but won't be repurchasing.