December 21, 2014 | 1698 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Philosophy - Eye Hope Advanced Anti-Aging Eye Cream

rated 2 of 5 on 11/4/2010 3:01:00 PM More reviews by bzz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I tried this cream for two weeks and had to stop using it. Like many others, I experienced a mild burning sensation for about a minute after application. I guess this is due to the increased circulation it causes. I did notice a slight decrease in my dark circles and even some of the small milia I had from a past eye cream were removed the second time I applied it. The skin just sloughed off.. weird, but good result. The thing that really made me stop using this was how much it dried up my under eye area. I am 38 and have very few very slightly visible lines under my eyes normally. With a good hydrating cream they become invisible. This cream made them stand out! I looked instantly years older... completely not acceptable! I spent $45 on this small amount cream expecting it to help halt the onset of more wrinkles and I got the opposite.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2010 11:09:00 PM More reviews by hauntedpsyche

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

(This is my first review, so please be kind. ;))

I've been using Eye Hope for exactly a month now and I have to say, I'm completely wowed. I inherited dark circles under my eyes (thanks, Mom) and also tend to have under-eye puffiness. Since I started using this, I've noticed a marked improvement. The puffiness has gone down and the dark circles have been lightened SIGNIFICANTLY. I haven't had to use under-eye concealer for a week now. My mother actually said I must finally be sleeping, that I look rested (this was in the morning after I'd been up all night :)). I'm in my late 30's and have fine lines at the corner of my eyes; those are showing serious improvement as well. I haven't had any problems with burning/tingling, or any kind of irritation for that matter. Nor have I had trouble using it under my makeup, although what I do is wait two minutes after application to let it sink in before I start my makeup.

For me, the main drawback to this is the price, but results like this are SO worth it. I have dark circles going all the way back to childhood photos, so anything that helps this much has my vote. I'll be saving up to make sure I don't run out, that's for sure!

Pros:
-dark circles are seriously lightening
-reduced puffiness
-fine lines are showing a lot of improvement
-no burning or irritation

Cons:
-price :(
-packaging (I agree with others, the opaque bottle is annoying)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/29/2010 7:45:00 PM More reviews by TomBoyGoneGlam

I'm torn on this product. I really liked it when I first got it, but after comparing, I'm not so sure...

Pros:
-Noticeable effects within first week of use
-Definite improvement in dark circles
-Some reduction in fine lines
-Very small amount goes a long way...

Cons:
-Stings when applied, especially if you've just washed makeup off
-Balls up under makeup, so really can only be worn at night (makes smooth concealer application virtually impossible)
-Can exacerbate puffiness
-pump squeezes out too much product at a time
-Noticed veins around eyes were more visible after using this

Overall, I like this as a nighttime cream until I find something better, but I don't think I'll buy this again. Maybe my skin is just too sensitive for it...

rated 1 of 5 on 8/25/2010 11:19:00 PM More reviews by pekingflu

I'm glad I got the sample instead of the regular one. It gives me milia, which never happened before

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2010 1:35:00 PM More reviews by Ophelia4469

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this Eye Hope. It's the only one that actually works for me plus I don't know if it's a combination everything that I am using but I had a really big skin tag underneath my left eye but now it's gone and the other one I had is much smaller. I got this a sample but I'm for sure going to go buy it! My dark cycles are reducing as well as lines!

I use the following products:

AM:

Help Me
Hope In a Jar

Make Up:
Murad Hybrids™ Skin Perfecting Primer Matte Finish
Mat Velvet (Make Up Forever)
HD powder (Make Up Forever)

rated 1 of 5 on 5/13/2010 8:28:00 PM More reviews by juliehj81

Horrible!!!! This product stings and burns when you apply it, it made the veins around my eyes more visible, and is completely overpriced because it didn't even seem to have any anti-aging affects. I still have it only because I don't have the receipt to return it and only use it when I run out of my other eye creams.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2010 6:05:00 PM More reviews by wonderbuy

This is a drugstore eye cream with a department store tag. It leaves your skin feeling smooth due to the silicones and the effect is only superficial, once you wash your face, you are back to where you started. It provides very little moisture and did not do anything for me at all. Like all things in this line, good for you if you are using lower end stuff or cant tolerate very potent ingredients. For me however, I am using to powerful products and have resilient skin so this did nothing for me. I recommend Booths Black Liquorice eye cream over this or Kiehls avocado eye cream, all of which are very similar in texture and after-feel and much cheaper. At least these really moisturise if nothing else.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2010 5:17:00 PM More reviews by Kristina101

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just bought this product yesterday from Sephora so I'm still trying to see how well this works, HOWEVER, I started using it last night and applied some on this morning.

Here's the verdict so far:

PROS:
-I love the little bottle it comes in
-The pump doesn't squirt out a large amount of unneeded product
-I already started seeing improvement around my eyes today!

CONS:
-I felt a slight tingling/burning sensation that lasted a few seconds
-It's pretty expensive, so if you're really on a budget, I wouldn't suggest this right off the bat
-It's impossible to see how much product is left (the bottle is opaque and white).

I have severe dark circles and lines that are hereditary so it's difficult for me to find a product that will even lighten them up but this one so far is doing great. Hopefully it'll continue to wow me!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/28/2010 1:49:00 PM More reviews by kelvin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love Philosophy but not this product.
When I put this cream under my eyes, it starts burning.
Now my skin is itchy!!
I guess this one is not for my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2010 9:42:00 AM More reviews by daisee1203

I use this in conjunction with 2 other Philosophy eye creams. I am now 32 (been on this site for 2 years) and its time to "up my game" in terms of anti-aging. I have great skin and I intend to keep it that way. So three creams it is...
This is the 2nd one I use and I started about 3 mo ago. At that time I had dark circles and I just looked tired. Since my life hadn't really changed I knew it wasn't stress but aging. It was suggested to me by the Philosophy counter to apply this 2nd and 2x a day. A little goes a long way and I can tell you that today I do not look tired anymore.
The application won't be as emollient as Hope in a Tube but this is more for repair, not moisture. Yes, its on the pricier side but you get what you pay for and I think its worth it. My eyes are brighter, dark circles are gone and the whole area just looks refreshed...without any make-up whatsoever. Three months ago I was looking for the best concealer and today I can squeeze by...just how I did in my 20's.