October 2, 2014 | 1221 users online

Palettes - NYX - 10 Color Palette - Champagne & Caviar

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2012 2:38:00 PM More reviews by nlt87

I adore this palette! I got it for an awesome price, I got it from ulta for buy 1 get 1 50% off so I paid $5 for this which is amazing. I've been using it everday since I got it (Feb 14) and can't seem to put it down, i've really neglected the rest of my e/s to use this and I'm fine with that. The colors are all beautiful neutral colors which I'm a huge fan of. You get 10 colors for $10 is you buy it full priced so $1 per e/s which is awesome, the quality is really good as well it's very smooth and soft it's not chalky at all and the pigmentation is amazing as with most of the nyx products can't really complain. This is also a great traveling palette, it has highlight shades,light, medium, and dark shades which makes it the perfect palette. It also comes with a black so if you like smokey eyes you'd be able to do that with this as well. I'd definitely repurchase again and again.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/8/2012 9:09:00 PM More reviews by EternalMyrtle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought two NYX palettes: this one and the beautiful green eyes one. This one is so boring. Subtle doesn't even begin to describe this palette. Unless you like your eye shadow practically invisible, I would skip this one. The colors look very similar to each other and they barely show up on me. The only colors that show up are the black and the charcoal black. If you have very fair skin this might work for you. There are no bold or medium toned colors and the variety is just too subtle for my taste, slight variations on a light taupe shade. There is also a lot of fall out.

UPDATE: I'm upgrading this to 3 lippies. I still have some of the same complaints, especially that the colors are too similar BUT I have found out how to use this palette with good results. In order for the light toned shadows to be visible on me (over 75% of the shadows in this palette), I need to layer them over one of the two darker shadows. It takes more effort than I was hoping for but the overall result is good and the shadows are good quality. I was hoping this would be a go to palette with ready to wear colors but it is not that for me. It requires a lot of work to get a nice look. It is so hard to find a stand alone shadow! For the price and quality, I would definitely buy again.

UPDATE: Downgraded again to 2. I NEVER use this. It is just not worth it. I became a fan of Urban Decay eyeshadows and really cannot bother with these. There are too many great eyeshadows out there to waste my time and money on these ones.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2012 8:23:00 PM More reviews by efts

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This palette is great for everyday neutral eye makeup looks. It has some matte shadows that are very pigmented, which is hard to find in drugstore products. The packaging is very practical and the mirror inside the lid is useful. The shadows are a bit chalky but nothing that an eyeshadow primer can't take care of. The staying power is pretty good but it creased on me at the end of the day so I would recommend using a primer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2012 9:41:00 AM More reviews by ExpatBeauty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

* Me - NC25-30 (medium-to-light beige with yellow undertones).
* Review - This is the first NYX product Iíve ever purchased and I am pretty impressed. The color offerings are a nice variety and suitable for natural, neutral workday - into - more dramatic nighttime looks. I have Sleekís ďAu NaturelĒ palette (as well as "Storm" which is even better than "Au Naturel") and although itís similar, I find myself reaching for this more often. Maybe itís because I find the colors in this palette to be softer, more feminine and more appealing overall. And between my Sleek palettes, my UD Naked palette and this one, this is the palette that I pack when I travel. This eyeshadow palette really has everything I need, without having to try too hard or think too much!
* Tip - To build longevity, apply an eyeshadow primer on eyelids, including the brow bone area and lower lash area before applying makeup.
* Cons - The color pigmentation is a little bit on the light side. It's definitely not as pigmented as UDís Naked palette so if you're looking for a dupe, this is not it. Also, if you have dark tone skin, this may not be suitable nor ideal for you.
* Verdict - This is a very pretty eyeshadow palette.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2012 6:21:00 PM More reviews by sweetiepea161616

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

LOVE this!!! The colors are gorgeous and natural. Some are more shimmery, and some less so. I tend to think their eyeshadows have plenty of pigment for me. I don't like super pigmented shadows because they are hard to control. These are great because you can build up the color. The actual colors in the palette are great too. I like the shimmer too and the white is matte so it looks great on the browbone. The packaging is not flimsy at all. I find it to be durable, good quality plastic. I think for around 10$, this is an amazing purchase. I also have the green eyes and the romance palettes and I love them also. All together, these 3 palettes seriously add a great variety of very wearable colors to my collection. If I go on vacation, I know all I need to bring is champagne and caviar, and I have a nude or smokey eye right at my fingertips!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2012 3:00:00 PM More reviews by KiKiDisney

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is a really great palette. I think it is a great dupe for the urban decay naked 2 palette. It has very cool toned neutral colors which I absolutely love. It is great for travel. The colors are nicely pigmented and they blend very nicely and last a really long time. My favorite color is the greish taupey brown color. It reminds me of tease in the naked 2 palette and mac's quarry eyeshadow. I would get it especially if you are looking for a cheap alternative to the naked 2 palette.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2012 4:04:00 PM More reviews by ChanelLove07

Omg I love this eye shadow palette! Perfect for everyday cause it's natural colors. I mix the dark brown and black one to mudge under my waterline and god does it stay on for forever and a day. There's also a color that's a matte taupe color which is great for deeping up the crease. Love it. A mix of amazing matte and shimmery shades. Must have. And there's a gigantic mirror which is a huge plus.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2012 10:14:00 PM More reviews by xxhellokitty17xx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Really nice range of colours, and for the price I think it's a good deal :) Love that there's a white in the palette

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2012 1:52:00 AM More reviews by MSMKUP

I am surprised that so many people love or even like this palette a little bit. The pigmentation in each shadow color is poor and is more likely to land on your cheek than your lid. I also absolutely hate that all the colors look the exact same on the Lid except for the black and white. I was disappointed. I gave it two lippies just because the white and black are matte colors. Wouldn't recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2012 1:28:00 AM More reviews by o0Kellie0o

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this palette. It was the first NYX palette I have purchased and it's definately a go to for me. For the price, the quality is great. The packaging is simple. I find that with a good eye base, the product stays on all day. I like the colours and find that they work well with each other. I like that it has a combination of matte and shimmery shadows. I will definately buy other colour palettes from NYX.