August 20, 2014 | 2114 users online

Eye Shadow - NARS - Mekong

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2010 12:20:00 AM More reviews by iheartNARS

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love the quality of NARS eyeshadows in general, and Mekong did not disappoint. I personally use this as a liner using an angled liner brush and I get a beautiful non-harsh looking result. The color is a deep brown with gold shimmer, not similar at all to Galapagos. Will repurchase!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2010 10:42:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

I want to love Mekong, but I think I'll settle for like. In the pan it's clearly a dark coppery brown with black undertones. On my lids, it shows up more as a blackish brown, with emphasis on the blackish. It's VERY pigmented, and leaves a sooty finish so if you like smokey eyes like I do, you'll appreciate the pigmentation. However, the staying power isn't great - it creases and fades into a grey as the day wears on. On balance, I don't think Mekong is a must-have, especially if you already have many dark shadows or are fair-skinned.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/25/2010 11:37:00 AM More reviews by iluvMUA

Unfortunately, this eyeshadow did not work for me. I have fair skin and blonde hair and blue eyes. This looks more like a dark black color then a dark brown color.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2010 11:57:00 PM More reviews by bloodyroses

I REALLY wanted this eyeshadow when I saw it in-store. But once at home, the only virtue of this shadow is the high-pigment (thus the 2 lippies). But it's a ROYAL PAIN IN THE REAR END TO BLEND. In other words, you probably can't blend it very well at all. Period. I look crap today because of this shadow. And I used the MAC 217 brush for my blending work and brush never fails to do some real good blending. And the packaging is crap. I dropped it on the floor, and while the powder was intact, the thick plastic off the corner of the right hinge just COMPLETELY came apart. All in all, possibly one of the worst shadows I have ever gotten. DO NOT BUY.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2010 6:13:00 PM More reviews by cynthiafranck

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is such a pretty dark brown, more like an espresso color. It has gold glitter in it, which makes it that much prettier. Its super pigmented! So u only need to apply a tad bit to really see the color. I like to use this shade and do Smokey eyes with it. Itís perfect for a Smokey brown! I really love it!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/31/2009 1:06:00 AM More reviews by goldenchild34

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this eyeshadow from Sephora because when I swatched it, I thought it was such a unique color. It was a dark brown almost charcoal black with gold glitters. When I came home and applied it to my eye, it just showed up as a dark black and the glitters just disappeared. I was very disappointed because I loved how the glitters looked and that was the main reason why I bought the shadow because I wanted to do a gold smokey eye for New Years. I already have tons of black eyeshadow in my makeup collection, so it was really unnecessary for me to have another one. I'm off to return it. So I highly don't recommend this shadow because it just shows up black and it doesn't look like how it does in the pan.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2009 12:24:00 AM More reviews by channingtatum

After reading mixed reviews about this e/s, I decided to try it myself. And I actually like it. It is a very dark brown almost black color when you put it on the lid but I find that it's less harsh compared to if I use black e/s to do a smokey eye. I like to layer a brown base underneath (I use Coastal Scents gel liner in Truffle) and it looks great. I also like the fact that it's very pigmented. I even like using this to darken my crease & outer v instead of using a black e/s.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2009 9:58:00 PM More reviews by roselovesmakeup

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have to say all the reviews have said it all on this one, Mekong is a very unique eyeshadow, its hard to describe as to what its intention is, I beleive it is a dark brown with sparkle, I have to try it as a liner seems like many are doing that with this color, I love Nars anything so Mekong is lovely, you can find a way to use this eye pruduct, I say eye pruduct because it can be used as a liner or shadow.I say its suited for darker toned gals or anyone who is wanting to do a wow! smokey eye!.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2009 8:21:00 AM More reviews by 0471

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

gives a nice smokey eye without looking black.....i just love it

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2009 11:45:00 PM More reviews by suzannaelektra

This shade is exactly what it looks like in the pan- which is why I would not rebuy. It's just so dark, almost black! Which isn't bad if you like that...but it's just so pigmented that I find it hard to work with, if that makes sense? This colour is just so rich so I would only ever wear it as an eye liner...good quality tho, what you see is what you get.