October 24, 2014 | 1919 users online

Cleansers - Burt's Bees - Natural Acne Solutions - Purifying Gel Cleanser

rated 2 of 5 on 1/30/2012 4:09:00 AM More reviews by coquetries

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This item seems to be very hit or miss. On the plus side, it doesn’t smell bad, and it has a nice gel-liquid consistency. On the down side, it did nothing for my breakouts. In fact, I seem to consistency have bad complexion while using this cleanser. I went through 2 full bottles, waiting for it to work, and it never did. My skin immediately cleared up when I switched from this cleanser to a Cleansing Oil. This leads me to conclude that BB’s Purifying Cleanser actually does not remove all makeup very well.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2012 4:40:00 PM More reviews by allthecolours

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is the best cleanser I've used. I was suffering with some terrible breakouts thanks to the L'Oreal True Match foundation and my usual cleansing regime was not helping the breakouts heal. After about a month of no improvement, I decided to try this cleanser. Within 4-5 days, my breakouts were going and I was getting no new pimples either.

It's been a month since then and my skin is looking much better. I've been less oily (my skin was normal-combo before but now it is more normal) and I haven't had any new major breakouts. My face is left feeling clean but not stripped after using this...I don't find it to be drying. It doesn't leave any residue or film on my face, and it removes all makeup after using my oil cleanser beforehand.

It is pretty pricey - just over £10 - and I'm almost 1/4 through the bottle already (with twice a day use) so I see myself repurchasing a new bottle once every 3-4 months or so, which isn't too bad. Some reviews have said this doesn't lather well...I totally disagree! I get a rich creamy lather even when using just a little bit. Just pour it onto your hand and then rub your hands together before applying to your face.

I wasn't keen on the smell at first but I've grown to really like it. I love that the ingredients are mainly natural, as I have very sensitive skin that reacts to harsh ingredients. This hasn't irritated my sensitive skin at all and I look forward to washing my face with this daily! A definite repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2011 10:35:00 AM More reviews by Ykay

I bought this thinking it would be good for my face since i have acne and acne scarring as well. The first week my face broke out so much ! So i thought, it was just working, the salycic acid bringing out all the scum in my face. Well after months of using it, i never got the pay off, $17.00 for this cleanser that just broke me out. Waste of money

rated 3 of 5 on 12/14/2011 12:29:00 PM More reviews by runimina

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Used this cleanser for about a year and used it up...

-I personally like gel cleansers, not much foam with this cleanser. *You'll want to get a piece of tulle and then make bubbles from that and use the bubbles on your face if you want foam.

-Helped my acne only a little bit, but I still got blackheads and it didn't help with hyperpigmentation or redness at all. But it didn't make my acne worse.

-Removes light makeup. I used Olay spf 15 lotion and it took it off, and also my light eye makeup.

-Awesome natural ingredients. Smells great.

-Left my skin ever so slightly dry.

-Kind of expensive for 5oz, but it lasts a long time if you stretch it. It's pretty concentrated, so you really don't have to use a whole lot.

-Packaging can get a bit sticky and messy overtime.

Overall, gentle and pretty good. I like the cleanser, but would not buy again because I've moved on to another cleanser that I like better.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/22/2011 1:28:00 AM More reviews by mizelle0221

Have been using this with the Sensitive Skin Lotion for about 2 weeks now and my breakouts seem to have gotten worse and my skin is extremely oily just 15 minutes after the lotion. I had a feeling based on what I know about acne products that it was this and was drying out my skin causing it to be much more oily.
Last night and today I used a travel sized Soapbark and Chamomile until I can go return this and my skin hasnt felt oily at all, still using the same lotion so now I know it is definitely the cleanser. Which bums me out, I was hoping it would work. Oh well on to the next BB cleanser attempt - probably gonna try the Soapbark one for a while.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/12/2011 10:34:00 AM More reviews by heavyboots

This is a pretty good cleanser, I used it for a couple of months and then just stopped for reasons I can't remember - (I went back to my trusted Murad cleanser.) I appreciate the fact that it is made of natural ingredients (99.4% natural) and I quite like the scent. I used it in conjunction with the Burt's Bees spot treatment and the two were effective. My dispenser got pretty sticky and even hard to open because the cleanser is stuck all around the rim. It did leave a film residue over my skin so I needed to follow up with another cleanser or simply move on to my ACV toner. I would not repurchase, and I don't even know what made me stray from my HG Murad cleanser.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2011 5:02:00 PM More reviews by HappyTheFace23

For the month I've been using this, it has not made me have any breakouts. It leaves my skin hydrated but not oily. That being said, it has a strong (pleasent) smell that gives me a headache sometimes, and when I wash it off it feels like it leaves a film on my face that my toner and moisturizer can't shake off. I like it but I think theres something better for me. Ps. It foams up nicely and you don't need a lot to get far.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/19/2011 12:49:00 AM More reviews by reevgo

I'm a big fan of burt's bees acne scrub and acne lotion, but not this cleanser. I have almost clear skin, just an occasional blemish. I've been using it for a few weeks cuz it hasn't done anything terrible, but I'm moving on now. My main complaint is that every time I use it my skin feels dry and tight which I believe is no good for skin. Also, ever since using this I've noticed my skin is itchy. Not from dryness cuz I moisturize, but just like an allergic itch. I'm pretty darn sure it's this cleanser cuz someone else mentioned hives, and someone else mentioned itching. So yeah, no more for me. Too expensive to not be amazing.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/8/2011 6:23:00 AM More reviews by nachomama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

If you think this is breaking you out- YOU ARE RIGHT. Had one or two little bumps. Switched from Royal jelly Radiance Cleaner cause my daughter got prescriptions and she had this leftover in the house, and wow= this stuff broke me out EVERYWHERE with zits Ive never had in places Ive never had em. I use a Clarisonic and keep it disinfected. I will be returning to the Burts bee's Soap Bark and Chamomile cream I have left over, what a shame I am broken out worse than a teenager and yet so dry, I hate this stuff!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/19/2011 7:57:00 PM More reviews by jordylovesVS

Ugh, this so did NOT work for me. In the beggining of this year I had black heads on my forehead and was getting a new pimple every other week. I used this stuff EVERYDAY. Heck, once I ran out of the first bottek I bough another one.

Didn't clear up a thing.

Luckily I switched to Acne Free. Much better.