October 24, 2014 | 1564 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - tria - Laser Hair Removal System

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2012 1:07:00 PM More reviews by andcrystalwrists

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Ok. I wanted to wait a while before leaving this review so I could provide as much info as possible. I bought this last April (2011). It is now February 2012, so I've had it almost a year. I purchased this to use on my bikini line and underarms (I have large tattoos on my legs and arms so I can't use it on them). When I first got it, I used it exactly as recommended, every two weeks. I use it on a level 4 - and it DOES hurt. All summer, the hair absolutely came in slower and finer. By around August I got lazy and stopped using the laser. I thought all the hair was coming back, but I guess I didn't remember how bad it had been before I started treating because when I did another treatment in November the hair did not come back in AT ALL in some patches on my bikini line. I guess another cycle had come in between August and November? It is now February and some fine hair has come back in on my bikini line, but there are still bare patches. I'm not so sure about the underarms. I think the hair is finer and less dense, but I am not overwhelmed with my results there. I just did another treatment last night, and I am planning on doing this once a month til summer - hopefully by then the bikini line hair, at least, will be all gone. To summarize, it does work (though I didn't get great results on my underarms), but it takes time and patience and a pretty high pain tolerance - if you don't have these 3 things, I wouldn't recommend purchasing.

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2012 1:06:00 PM More reviews by astrick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Updating this post and increasing my overall rating to a 5 due to good results. Also downgrading price from a 4 to a 3. Although the unit is expensive, this is a much more cost effective hair removal method in the long run. Stomach, bikini line and chin are all reduced by about 50%. No adverse effects. Pain is decreasing, too, I think part in tolerance and partially because I have fewer dark hairs (which is what causes the pain). Love this product. If it only lasts me for a few years, it's worth the money and I will purchase another.

I have PCOS, which means hair removal is a MAJOR part of my beauty routine. I have fair skin and dark coarse hair on my lower legs, chin, bikini line and stomach. Even when I shave my bikini line, I wear boy short swimsuits because you can see the shadow of the dark hair under the skin. The hair growth got worse when I was pregnant. I used Vaniqa on my chin with good results prior to my pregnancy, but after my pregnancy it didn't work as well for me.

I have been using this for 3 weeks, and I'm already starting to see improvement. I see the most improvement on my bikini line and stomach, and am starting to see patches of hair not growing back. Although it's not approved by the FDA for use above the neck, I have also tried it on my chin and am seeing improvement there as well.

The pain isn't that bad. I was able to tolerate it on the level 4 and 5 settings. I think it's much LESS painful than a bikini wax. And unlike the bikini wax, the pain stops immediately after the laser "beep" is finished. With a wax, my skin was tender for 2-3 days afterward.

I have seen some people complain about the time commitment. If you have PCOS like me, you ALREADY spend a ton of time on hair removal all over your body. I am able to treat my legs, stomach and bikini line in about 30-45 minutes.

If I get truly permanent results, I will come back and increase my overall rating to 5. I rated it 4 on expense, because although it's a large investment, it's still cheaper than professional treatments.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2012 2:05:00 AM More reviews by rosellie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am fair skinned with dark hair. I bought tria laser so I could use it in the privacy of my own home. The laser is awkward to use underarms, around knee caps etc. I've had it for over a year but have only used it a few times. I saw great results in the bikini and underarm areas. However using it on the highest level is very painful to me, and I have injured myself while using the laser on my lower leg near the tibia bone. I now have an oval shaped scar about a half inch in size and have been terrified to use it since. I would suggest that no one use this near your face

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2012 8:27:00 PM More reviews by crystalgayle34

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i used this faithfully for a year and did see some results. i put it away for 6 months and started again and used it for maybe 3 more months. it does reduce hair (for me) but maybe only by 30%. so its really not worth it. i dont want partial hair removal i want complete hair removal. the hair that has been treated that does grow back is softer so that is a plus. its also painful.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2011 9:21:00 AM More reviews by LizWords

I've been using this for about two months now, and I plan on returning it for a refund within the next couple weeks after I do another treatment.

It does work, kind of. I've definitely seen results, but my issue is that the results aren't consistent for me. At best, the results are patchy, meaning some spots are bare, some are growing normally. I still have to shave regularly if I want the areas to look clean, which really defeats the purpose. I know I used it right, so it's not my fault, I supposedly am the optimal patien, light skin, dark hair. It also hurts too much on my bikini line to use at level 5, and this is the area I really wanted it to work on. Level 3 is the only one I can tolerate on that area, and I have a pretty high threshold for pain, I've used 5% lidocaine gel and it doesn't even take the edge off. It does NOT feel like rubber band snapping in those areas, it feels like it's burning your pores, which essentially it is.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2011 7:30:00 AM More reviews by bassetmomma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this product well over a year ago and used it a few times, then put it away. For this product to work, you have to basically make an appointment with yourself to treat the selected areas every few weeks in order to stop the regrowth cycle. You can adjust the strength of the laser, from low to high, but the manufacturer recommends you use the laser at the highest setting you can tolerate for it to be most effective. With repeated use, I have definitely seen a decrease in hair. However, the head of the machine where the laser comes out is so small, it takes time to treat larger areas like your legs. That means it could take months before you seen hairless legs so patience, and consistency, is a factor when using this product. I used the laser on my lipline even though the package says not to use it on the face. I am so happy. I used to look like a had a mustache even though I had waxed because I have such pale white skin and dark hair. I am thrilled with the results in this area. After years of waxing, and even a stint with electrolysis which was far more painful and expensive, I can finally see a real difference. Worth it just for this reason alone.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2011 5:09:00 AM More reviews by aeon33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

if anyone has a tria that is broken and will sell it instead of tossing it, I will pay $25 and shipping for it. I need some parts off of it. email tinbender at live dot com .thanks

rated 2 of 5 on 11/13/2011 11:16:00 PM More reviews by waterflower

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

OUCH! I thought I had a high pain tolerance, as I get full Brazilian bikini waxes every month with NO problem whatsoever, but I couldn't manage to use the Tria on higher than level 1! I have extremely thick, dark hair, and medium olive skin (not pale, but I was still within the acceptable range for using the Tria). I used the Tria on my arms, legs, stomach, and armpits, all at the lowest level possible. On my armpits, I applied topical benzocaine to numb the skin, and I also numbed the skin with ice cubes, and the pain was still so awful. I somehow managed to use it 3 times, once a week for three weeks, and didn't see a change in growth. I decided I couldn't manage the pain in the long run, and didn't want to have to use it every 2 weeks for the next few months. I returned it promptly. Just thinking about the Tria makes me shudder. Oh, the pain... I even asked my boyfriend to help me, thinking it would hurt less if he did it. It did hurt a tiny, tiny bit less, but he refused to continue helping me because he felt like he was torturing me.

I'm just not tolerant to this type of pain. I'm super bummed though because I had high hopes for not having to shave ever again.

If you think you might return it, don't buy from Amazon! I paid $395.00 on Amazon, and they charged an $80 restocking fee for returning it. (I ended up arguing with them for a while, and they refunded the $80 too, but it was a major hassle.)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2011 12:46:00 AM More reviews by Kgilks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought the new Tria from their website for $400 plus shipping. I've used it basically everywhere on my body. I have natural medium brown hair with white skin so it is supposed to work perfect for me. I've used it so far 4 times over my entire body (of course you have to charge it between sessions) and I notice a HUGE difference. My hair is growing back in patches - some of it isn't even growing back. I used to shave my arms everyday - and now I only need to shave them once a week. The hair is much thinner and softer I cannot wait to keep using it.

It does hurt though!!! I use level 5 on my arms, level 3 on my armpits, legs, and level 4 on my bikini line. It hurts the most on my legs - especially right on the shin. I hate doing my legs so much bc it hurts. But everywhere else is fine.
It is supposed to have enough charge to do a man's entire body and then a little bit more before it "dies" and you need to buy a new one. However, if you do it right, you shouldn't even have to buy a new one bc you'll be hair free by the time it dies.
Everyone seems to complain about having to re-charge it. I don't know why bc you get so bored of doing it that you want the thing to die so you can stop! haha
It only takes 2 hours to fully charge again. I can do my entire body in one day. but it's much too boring.
It is expensive, but if that means that after 8 months of treatment I'll be hair free then I don't care!!
I would highly recommend it to people. You just have to make sure you do your treatments every 2 weeks like it says, otherwise you will not see results.

I give it a 5/5 overall rating.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/3/2011 5:18:00 PM More reviews by bahaha

Seriously be carfeul before you buy this. I would have given this a 4 stars but the battery would eventually reduced to last only a few seonds each charging snd i called them and there's nothing they can do after 1 year warranty. Apparently the CS says its common problem. How could anyone charge that $500 tag for something like that and fail the mention that the product is 'kind of' disposable???
Really dont waste you money just like i did.:(
Because the result doesnt last long and the hair grows back.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No