October 25, 2014 | 1330 users online

Eyeliner - Bobbi Brown - Caviar Ink

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2010 2:04:00 PM More reviews by Maddy60

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This gel eyeliner can't be beat when it comes to staying power. This particular color is pretty close to black, no complaints but I wish I had purchased the Espresso.

Application can be tricky and after several marginal results with the BB brush that you're supposed to use with this, which gave me uneven and too thick lines; I went back to my old reliable, Trish McEvoy No. 11. I dipped it in lightly, then lightly blotted the excess and applied the same way I apply powder liner. The results were perfect, a thin straight line. Which lasted all day!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2010 5:01:00 PM More reviews by stellay

I haven't used this product long enough to warrant giving it 5 lippies, but I am already very impressed with this gel eyeliner. Like other reviewers have said, Caviar Ink looks like a soft black , at least on me, though the description given on Bobbi Brown's site (and QVC's, which is where I purchased a kit that included this product) says it's a very dark black-brown.
This product has staying power; once you apply it, you have a few seconds to manipulate it before it sets for the entire day. The finish is matte and the pigment does not chip. I'd like to test this product by working out in it to see just how well it deals with sweat and the elements. All in all, I'm really happy with this gel eyeliner. I'm already thinking about purchasing another color (most likely the dark, intense purple one).

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2010 2:20:00 PM More reviews by bassetmomma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This looks like a dark brown in the jar but on me it looks like a soft black. I like that it isn't shimmery like so many gel eyeliners I seem to come across. It is a pretty intense color but not as intense as black. I like the tenacity of this liner..especially with the humid weather here in Jersey...lasts all day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2010 8:18:00 PM More reviews by mladkins

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Just another reason why I am not wishlist only! Would never have thought to try this product, but a lovely lady initiated a swap with me and I chose this from her list. Color: perfect! Deep deep brown without the harshness of black. Staying power: all I have to say is WOW! I couldn't believe it when I looked in the mirror at the end of my work day and it looked exactly like when I applied it that morning. THROWING ALL MY OTHER EYELINERS AWAY!!!!

Update 9/25/10: I have since acquired other BB liners in swaps - graphite shimmer and forest shimmer. Now I am in a quandary every morning - which little gem do I pair with my e/s today?? Love them all and will definitely collect more colors.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2010 11:05:00 AM More reviews by listenlikethieves

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

There's no excuse for how much I like this product. I have a confession -- I had to stop buying MAC Fluidline (which is excellent, don't get me wrong) because I grew weary of snotty MAC salespeople. Anyway, Caviar liner. It's... yeah, it's black. But I like it. And as far as I can tell, quality is identical to Fluidline.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2010 10:35:00 PM More reviews by magdvn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i was told that caviar ink was a nice, rich brown... but on my eyelids, it's completely black. i have green eyes, fair skin, and reddish brown hair so black eyeliner is way too dramatic on my eyes so i was looking for a nice brown eyeliner. I thought this would be it, but i was sadly disappointed, especially because of the price. with all that aise, the eyeliner itself was the best i ever used. it stays on all day without any smudging.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2010 4:47:00 AM More reviews by Nicky1000

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

Almost black colour with deep blue-green undertones. Goes well with cool eye shadow colours and is less harsh than pure black eye liners. Can be applied lightly and smudged or thicker for a more opaque liquid liner look. Excellent staying power.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2009 12:06:00 PM More reviews by Sophia1105

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I wasn't certain how she was going to create a color deeper than Espresso, but I'm glad she did. I love this shade. It's the perfect alternative to black. In the pot looks like a deeper version of espresso, but on it applies like a rich black-brown. More depth than a traditional black b/c of the brown tones in it. Black can look too cool and harsh on me, but this really is perfect. Depth of color without an reddish tones. Great staying power (more so than my Espresso, but I think I got a bad one). Smudges nicely too. Yes you will see a difference between this and espresso, once applied. This just adds that little extra oomph of definition whereas the browns in espresso are ever so subtly more perceptible in comparison.

Would absolutely repurchase.

Edit: Have been using this near daily in the summer because it a shade deeper than espresso. If you have a deeper skin tone or tan easily in the summer, you WILL see the difference between this color and black (just like smolder develops a green against a deeper skin tone, this shows as the deep brownish black, but NOT black). SO glad I purchased this.

Edit2: 07/03/11 - came back to it again for the summer. Def a winner.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2009 4:39:00 AM More reviews by curlycuesue

I wanted a black/brown eyeliner w/o shimmer - MAC's Blacktrack was too black, and Dipdown was too brown, but I settled for the latter b/c it was less harsh than the black. Anyway, I'm really glad Caviar Ink came out b/c it's the perfect deep brown/light black color to define my eyes (day or night), and yet not have them look too harsh. Staying power is pretty great, as well. Thanks, BB!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2009 2:39:00 PM More reviews by loci

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is the shade that every women should have!
I used to hate black liners because it makes my eyes too sharp like eagles, so the darkest I go is MAC's Blitz & Glitz. However when BB have this out, I'm so tempted by the foody name and decided I need to go check it out. This is the color that its hard to describe...its kind of like black with a tint of black plum and a bit of expresso ink...and you get caviar ink. Its not to sharp but definitely defines you eye and make them pop. Thank God this is perm.