eos Lip Balm Sphere - Sweet Mint

3.9

Coconut Oil, Olive Fruit Oil, Beeswax, Jojoba Seed Oil, Peppermint Leaf Oil, Shea Butter, Stevia Leaf Extract, Flavor, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E)

on 11/14/2014 8:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

A good, basic lip balm. I don't have chapped, cracked lips, I just use this for basic moisturization and it works well. I think if my lips were bad, I'd use Waxelene or something else that's thicker and more occlusive.

The only cons are the packaging, which while novel is inconvenient, and the flavoring. I don't like flavoring in products that aren't food.

I haven't had any reactions to this balm.

on 11/8/2014 8:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

UPDATE 08 Nov. 2014:

I later found out that what I had on my lips is called chelatis - if you dare google-ing it, you can read about how horrible it feels and looks - it feels like you have kissed a hot iron, and looks/feels like your lips are dry, because they begin to peel. Apparently, I'm not the only person experiencing this either with this balm. Since that time, I have had to be even more careful with lip products - almost anything sets it off. Why did I get this? Weeeell... because of this lip balm! You can read an abstract from a scientific article about peppermint oils in lip balms here, but they also mention coconut oil and propolis (a beeswax-related product, that is the first ingredient in this balm, but beeswax is totally OK for me):

Also: HOW do I know that it's the peppermint oil in this that made me allergic? Because I now also get rashes around my mouth from tooth paste with peppermint! Great, right? There are NO other products that I own that contain peppermint oil. I suggest tossing this before you too get problems, ESPECIALLY if you have sensitive skin, like me, because your lips are then more likely to be sensitive too.

END OF UPDATE

UPDATE: 13 Des. 2012: lowering to 1 lippie: did definitely not moisturize enough and I actually got allergic to this over time. Yes, I'm sure that it's THIS - I tried it out 3 times and the allergy appeared within about 15 minutes (and lasts about a week to go away).
UPDATE 27. Nov. 2012:
I don't think I will repurchase this. It doesn't moisturize my lips very will and doesn't protect them at all. I could use only in the summer, I guess. It also seems this dries my lips out a little over time, and I'm still not a fan of the very hard consistency.
END OF UPDATE
I bought this because, in a magazine, they gave this 6/6 stars, while my absolute favourite lip balm only got 4/6. I thought: the one I'm using is so amazing, that this can't possibly beat it?! The main thing they said that I couldn't understand is that this was more moisturizing than my Cliniderm lip balm, which I will now refer to as C. Understand me right: I used to get THE WORST dry lips in the winter.¨They were so bad that pieces of my skin hung down, they cracked everywhere, were dry, bleeding and NOTHING could fix it before I got my C. balm, which fixed my lips in 2-4 days (at max) by applying each time after it had worn off. How could ANYTHING be better than this medical balm? And the magazine said EOS was BETTER at curing chapped lips and C. wasn't moisturizing enough... well, this needed to be tested out!
So, I bought this. I already had a painful dry spot on my lips. The first thing I noticed is that: if you already have dry chapped lips, this won't be very comfortable to apply because it's so solid. The second thing: this made my lips a tiny bit paler and less shiny. The minty smell is nice - better than the slightly medical vanilla smell of my C. It moisturized... not that well. The minty taste was nice in that it wasn't making me lick it from my lips.
My verdict is: this is an OK balm, but there are better things out there if you have REALLY dry lips. it feels like it sits a bit on top of the lips and doesn't really sink in that well. It's so frigging annoying seeing sponsored reviews in magazines that makes the really good products seem less attractive!

This is boyfriend friendly in that it has a nice smell and taste and isn't sticky at all. The packaging looks cute, but isn't very practical at all unless you have big pockets or carry your balm around in for example your purse. This doesn't leave you with that nasty white stripe on your lips. It's eco-friendly, they say. You can buy it if you want.

on 11/3/2014 7:51:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium Brown, Not Sure

my lips are soft and happy! ☺️

on 11/2/2014 10:00:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

pro: cute color and packaging. does an ok job. not shiny at all so i could see guys using this.
con: not moisturizing enough for extremely dry lips like mine. also the mintiness is quite weak.

I really enjoy this lip balm!

it has a sweet minty scent and leaves a nice cooling feel on the lips.

this is a perfect winter lip balm!

If you're new to EOS lip balms, please note that at first the lip balm
may be waxy and not to moisturising, however, as you pas the first
layer of the balm, you will start feeling lots more moisture. Trust me!

i absolutely love the packaging!

Love this lip balm, TOTALLY recommend! :)

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I love love love this product I put it on 4 times daily and my lips are softer than my skin it is amazing how this product works the only thing I don't really line is the price it is 4.50 at Coles and much more expensive at other places but it lasts me about 2 months but than again I use it 4 times a day

on 10/10/2014 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this product thinking it was going to be great as it seems to be so popular, everyone has one. I do not like it at all. It's like rubbing candle wax on my lips and it dries my lips out terribly!!

I'll stick to the nivea that I usually purchase.

on 10/2/2014 9:52:00 AM

I absolutely loovee this lip balm! The mint gives your lips a slightly tingly, minty sensation. It feels really nice on your lips, and actually tastes like mint which is a bonus. As for the actual blaming properties of this lip balm, it's fantastic. It hydrates your lips without leaving them with a greasy feeling. The packaging is super cute, and I find it very convenient. This lip balm lasts an extremely long time, I've had mine for about 8 or 9 months now and have barely reached the point where it is completely flat, and this is with frequent, daily use. Highly recommended product and I will definitely be repurchasing this balm when I run out.

on 9/23/2014 12:58:00 AM

My favorite "winter" lip balm lol, I only use this one in the winter because it smells like candy canes to me lol,and that's when I need lip balm and it really does help my chap lips without feeling greasy which I hate. the packaging as usual is adorable and I love the seafoam green color. I really reccomend and will be repurchasing for another winter when I run out lol.

on 8/26/2014 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my second eos balm and I quite like it. It really is sweet mint as advertised, which I'm glad about because I hate the sharp toothpastey taste other mint balms have. It also has a slightly cooling/tingly effect when applied, and the smell is pleasant and subtle. Like my other eos balm, this does not leave an unpleasant coating on my lips, it hydrates them pretty decently, it doesn't give me a gross bitter coating/feeling at the back of my throat, and it doesn't migrate all over my face once applied.
I'd repurchase this, but my spheres last forever so that might be a while.

Tip for those struggling with the consistency of the product: Yes, the product IS waxy at first because the oils this is made out of are actually wax at room temperature. But if you hold the balm to your lips to warm it up, it glides on beautifully and stays on your lips, and you don't get that naggy feeling of having to reapply every 4 seconds. :)
It's worth being patient with this, the ingredients are nice, especially with the lack of preservatives. Try it!

Popular Lip Treatments