September 2, 2014 | 1846 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Urban Decay - Complexion Primer Potion - Pore Perfecting

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2012 11:42:00 AM More reviews by joycethemakeupartist

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I haven't tried many other primers that specifically claim to "perfect pores" but I think this product is very nice, just a little on the heavier duty side. The consistancy is toothpaste like but smooth with a little extra work to blend-which is normal as its job is to provide a smooth film. For my makeup work, I apply more thin/normal face primer, and apply this pore perfecting primer for the specific areas such as the nose, upper lip, eyelids and areas that have larger pores due to hair removal and such. I find that using this product creates the best surface to work with especially for those suffering from acne scars and dry skin. It keeps the makeup from melting or separating off the face, especially the nose or spotting at the eyelids.
For the purposes of the price, I would not repurchase simply because it will take a while for me to use up the tube and by that time & there are plenty of cheaper/better alternatives that work just as well or even better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2012 9:24:00 PM More reviews by trillium13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

My very first impression of this product was not great. I got a sample of it from Sephora, and the first time I used it, I used way too much and it felt like a greasy mess. Several months later I got another sample of it with an order, and I thought what the heck, will try it again, and use less. What a difference!! It does feel a little heavy and greasy at first, but it makes my skin look almost flawless, like velvet. I absolutely love the way it makes my skin look! A note on the packaging-it's not my favorite. It has a top that twists to open and close, not a lid that is removed. So you twist it open and squeeze out what you need. Then you twist it back shut, and there is always a little tiny bit of product that is squeezed out. Not a huge deal really, but I would prefer a regular twist off lid. I will still keep buying it though, because it makes my skin look amazing!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/13/2012 8:05:00 PM More reviews by Strawberryblonde3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I got this is a sample and I really dislike it. For the $30 price tag you think it would be great but it really doesn't do anything for me. My skin is combination on the dry side and when I'm dry it shows it off big time. Usually even if I can make it past the flakes of dead skin and dry patches I'm still left with this cakey smeary look no mater how much I blend. It really does nothing for my pores except after wearing it a few days I have gobs of blackheads. Even on days where my skin is perfect and I'm in air conditioning it turns me into an oil slick. In the end this really doesn't do anything except maybe pro long the life of your blush, but it's really not worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2012 4:52:00 AM More reviews by sassylatina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had some points at Sephora so I decided to give this a try. I would have never tried this if it wasn't free. I actually like the way it feels on my face but I don't think it does much. It didn't make my foundation look extra ordinary. For the cost this product isn't necessary. If you are a beauty insider at sephora and can get this free, it's worth a try.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/23/2012 5:11:00 AM More reviews by tuffaluffskee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This does help diminish pores a bit, and keeps makeup in place. I honestly hate the texture of it though, it looks and feels like bacon grease so I always feel really icky putting it on.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2012 3:22:00 PM More reviews by blu3

I honestly haven't noticed any difference in my pores after applying, but as a primer, it does work quite well. I normally purchase this when my HG primer (Hourglass Veil) has burned a hole in my wallet.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2012 1:56:00 AM More reviews by bbybreanna

i only use this on my nose, where i have huge pores and it really does minimize pores! it does not completely make them invisable, just minimized, which is good enough. i only use a little bit, because i think if you use too much product, a purpleish tint will show! but you can blend out the purple tint. i don't use this all over my face because my foundation, estee lauder double wear, doesn't even need a primer. so i can see this lasting a long time. also, i got this in a little set at sephora with a travel size all nighter spray (which i also love!) and this... they're both travel sizes and was $14 together, which is a pretty good price. not sure if i'd buy the full size for $30, but maybe if i see this in another set i will.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/29/2012 12:15:00 AM More reviews by orangessing07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It did a great job keeping my makeup intact, but I found that I still got oily no less than usual. However, I don't think this primer is supposed to specifically "absorb" oil or keep it at bay, which unfortunately doesn't make this product worth the money for me. For people with normal/dry skin, this will probably work better!
When I used it, I only used really tiny, thin half-inch lines, because I read that using more would cause the skin to react with even more oil. Less is more in this case.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2012 10:49:00 PM More reviews by luckypenny68

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am hard to please when it comes to primers. I have tried a boatload of them from very cheap to very expensive ones. A lot of primers have given me skin problems (clogged pores, zits) and frustration. This is not one of them. This primer is white when it comes out of the tube. It is thick but I don't need a lot of it to do the job. Some of the primers I have tried in the past are thin and spread easily which is due to the silicone content in them, but I don't do well with those. This one spreads more like a cream. I don't feel like my entire face is sliding off with this primer which is a HUGE plus for me. It goes on like a cream and it makes my skin look better immediately! I use it mostly when I want my makeup to last up to 12 hours, and it works. This is not a cheap product ($30 if I remember right), but one tube goes a long way.
Sometimes I apply this primer and then use just face powder. It looks great that way too! When you first start to spread it, it may look like it has a slight hint of purple-lish tint to it but it soon fades away and blends with the skin beautifully. Of course I can still see my pores (naturally) but they look much smoother with this primer on, and best of all NO ZITS!
If you like a slick, liquid primer this is not for you. If you want a primer that temporarily improves the appearance of your skin even without foundation this might work for you. Get a sample before you buy, you just might be amazed:)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/19/2012 11:54:00 PM More reviews by Alisaaaish

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've used this for a few months and I hate it just as much as when I first bought it. It feels like a thick layer on my face, hard to blend yet with foundation I find that it was smooth. This is a tricky primer for if the right amount isn't used then pores are visible from the foundation sinking in. Never buying this again, spending money on something of a lighter texture