OPI Nail Envy - Original

4.1

Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, Propyl Acetate, Tosylamide Formaldehyde Resin, Isopropyl Alcohol, Triphenyl Phosphate, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Butyl Alcohol, Formaldehyde, Stearalkonium Bentonite, Camphor, Diacetone Alcohol, Ethyl Tosylamide, Benzophenone 1, Citric Acid, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Dimethicone, Calcium Pantothenate (Vitamin B5), Violet 2 (CI 60725), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

on 10/20/2013 7:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This stuff is amaaaaaazing! I have super brittle nails that tend to peel and this helped with that so much! My nails feels significantly stronger when I use this and I find that my nails didn't peel as much too. I also find that my nails didn't turn as yellow when I used this aswell. This is definitely a must have for me!

on 10/19/2013 11:05:00 PM

This is my Holy Grail nail strengthening product, which I also use as a base coat. I have also used the Matte formulation, which I like less than the original. The original formula is a fast-drying product that is very effective for my nails, which are prone to softness and peeling. The condition of my nails has increased dramatically and I do not need to buff my nails any more for a smooth finish.

Pros: Lovely subtle shine, can double as topcoat, do not need much for strengthening, prevents peeling, nails remain flexible, when used as a base coat polish chips less, not stain prone.

Cons: Retail price is too high (can be found for ~$6 online, vs. $17 retail), instructions can lead to overuse (calls for 5 coats over the course of a week).

I have been using this treatment for years now and would hate to be without it. With continued use I have seen long nails that retain their flexibility and remain bright and strong. Unfortunately, as with many products, continued use is the only way to assure that these effects will last. I find that going without it for more than a week leaves my nails peel prone and soft.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Not a great deal to say about this except for it does what it claims to, dries quickly and is a great base - I use this every time I give myself a manicure before applying nail polish. I find that my nails still snap at the corners occasionally (with a square shape) but this is much less frequent since starting to use Nail Envy. As for the price, it is a little steep but one bottle lasts for months. Excellent product!

on 10/15/2013 5:35:00 PM

Great product. It made a difference very quickly and nails grew very fast. Only downside was it seemed to make them break once before then going on to make them stronger than before and with next to no breaking. Doesn't seem to have a lasting effect, though, you have to keep using it to maintain results. Definitely worth a try!

on 10/9/2013 12:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

My nails have never been fast-growing or especially strong, but after having a gel manicure go slightly wrong, they seemed very thin too. I did research online and bought Nail Envy to help speed up the recovery process. I used the product religiously for a month and it did seem to make my nails grow faster. However, I noticed my nails were peeling terribly, which has never happened before. I kept using Nail Envy, thinking the peeling was related to the damage from the gel manicure. Still more peeling. I finally gave up on Nail Envy after 2-3 months of use. Now, two month later, my nails are finally back to their original, semi-healthy state. I'm not 100% sure that it was the Nail Envy that caused the peeling, but the stories here confirm my suspicions.

on 9/22/2013 2:55:00 PM

I have alway had soft nails that chip and split easily. I've been using this product now for three years and would never want to be without it. It goes on beautifully and dries quickly. Not only does it make my manicures last longer, my nails do not chip or split. In fact, as soon as I take my nail polish off and leave my nails bare for a few days, my nails become brittle and chip. This product keeps my nails soft and strong, chip and split free.

on 9/15/2013 6:39:00 PM

As a nail biter for as long as I can remember, deciding to force myself to stop by always keeping some form of nail polish on has been the only solution I've ever gotten to work. I got my nails to grow out, but working a somewhat labor-intensive job meant that almost every time I worked, one or two of my nails broke off (not to mention the constant peeling). With Nail Envy, I'd say I was really pleased with the results after the first week. I used it as the only product on my nails for about three weeks, before I stopped using it for a while and started just painting them again. I'm happy to say that my nails stay strong when I go back to regular polishes. After a while, if I poke at my nails too much, they might start to peel again, at which point I begin treating them again. I haven't had a broken nail in months! In fact, my nails got long enough that I had to cut them because they started getting in the way.

I recommend that anyone with dry, peeling, bendy nails gives this product a shot. It's not expensive, and it might work wonders for you.

on 9/14/2013 8:27:00 AM

Absolutely love this nail treatment. Naturally my nails are very flimsy and they peel badly, add that to a year of constant acrylics, my nails were in a terrible state. I started using this a few months ago and my nails have completely stopped peeling and are very strong. I did cut them short for the first two months but now my nails are in a great condition and a lovely length. I would definitely recommend and both my mum and sister received a bottle as a part of their bday presents. It is more expensive compared to Sally Hansen nail treatments but well worth the investment

on 9/13/2013 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I heard the hype about this product, and when I picked it up I was not disappointed. Although pricey, it is well worth the $15 or so. The applicator is great, and the formula itself applies evenly and dries quickly. After a few weeks of regular treatment (as a base coat every other day or so), my nails have gone from weak and splintery to well fortified, and have grown at an exceptional rate. I LOVE this product from OPI, and highly recommend it. :D

on 9/5/2013 10:01:00 AM

Holy grail, I'm pretty sure. I've tried EVERYTHING else, a gajillion different Sally Hansens, a gajillion different Avons, Quimica Alemana, stuff from Sally's Beauty Supply, EVERYTHING. Nothing works like this to make my nails stronger. As a bonus, used as a base coat, my color wears for almost a full week.

Popular Treatments