October 25, 2014 | 1855 users online

Lip Gloss - Chanel - Glossimer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2010 7:28:00 PM More reviews by ashleydutta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I don't see anything special about these glosses. how are they different than any other gloss (and thus worth the price?) I have 2 but won't get any more. First of all, they are too sticky and thick. I'm not a fan of that texture. Also, they don't moisturize per say; I like glosses that leave my lips feeling nice once they wear off.
I much prefer Korres lip glosses! they also come in beautiful colors, are completely non sticky, are long - lasting, and moisturizing.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2010 7:54:00 PM More reviews by joylovesmakeup

I own like 6 of these glosses and I love them!
Especially ontop of cute bright lipstick!
They last a very long time on your lips.. but I go threw them quickly, in about 2 months or less I can finish a lipgloss!

Really expensive..but its Chanel so what do you expect!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2010 7:36:00 AM More reviews by 1017

Did not like these at all...do not get the hype.Glitter, glitter, glitter with more glitter. I like shine, but I don't want to look like a 13 year old in glitter (who paid $27 bucks for that glitter). I felt it on the whole time...yuk! There are tons of better drugstore glosses (Revlon, L'Oreal). I personally prefer the sticky, but stay on, not bad tasting, nice smelling, multi-dimensional aspect of MAC lipglasses to these things any day. And FYI, if you don't like the lipglasses, try a lustreglass...not sticky and way better than these still. Seriously...what a waste this Glossimer was!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2010 6:48:00 PM More reviews by CarlaN

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

After hearing raves about Glossimers, I finally gave in and bought one, Mirage, a medium mauvey plum.

$27 is the most I have ever paid for a lip gloss, and I'm underwhelmed. Mirage does have a lovely, though very fine, shimmer; those who abhor "glitter" may love this quality. Personally, I prefer the sparkling quality of MAC's Dazzleglasses.

It's probably just that I had unreasonably high expectations, but to me, this seems like a slightly lighter-textured Revlon Super Lustrous gloss.

The Glossimer feels like a very lightweight gel, rather slippery, but not sticky in the least. If you like that kind of texture in a gloss, Glossimers may be for you.

Since this is obviously a good product, but is just not really to my taste, I give it a four.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2010 11:38:00 PM More reviews by emilykd1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm currently addicted to color 84- imaginaire. Doesn't look as dark on as in the tube. Great color on.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2010 6:01:00 PM More reviews by jubez

I have always been a lipstick person, I never really liked gloss because I never found a formula that I liked. I never understood all the hype surrounding Chanel's Glossimers as I could not get around why this lip gloss is worth over $30CAN. I have used Chanel's lipsticks for a awhile now and I love those, so I finally bit the bullet and bought one. Needless to say...it was downhill from there. I currently own six and I bought them all in a span of one week, that shows how much I love them.

The thing that stands out to me the most is of course, the formula. Another reviewer mentioned the Revlon Super Lustrous lip gloss which is one that I love because it is so moisturizing compared to say a MAC lipglass. However, it is not a dupe by any means. Chanel's Glossimer formula doesn't have many ingredients and none of them are that special either in my opinion. Somehow Chanel has perfected it and it is so gel-like in consistency, it's very smooth. It is not sticky but slightly tacky, non-gritty and long-wearing. On average, the more opaque colors last 4 hours (and nothing lasts on my lips even if it's long-wearing) on me. While I don't think it adds moisture, it sure prevents moisture from leaving my lips making them super conditioned.

Chanel releases new shades within their collections and some are permanent while others are limited edition. I tend to go for the most opaque colors. However, not all Glossimers are opaque. Some are very, very sheer. You can always adjust the level of color by using more or less. All Glossimers I've come across are shimmery, but it is a 'grown-up' sort of shimmer. It's not like MAC, and it's not like Dior. They look most beautiful in direct sunlight, making your lips look like shimmering water.

Lastly, the packaging. It is a longer tube with a gold band where the tube and the wand lock together. The Chanel logo is embossed on the top of the cap in gold. The cap emits a subtle click when closed completely so you do not have to worry about carrying this in your purse. Glossimers have a doe-foot applicator which I prefer over brushes. The tube comes with 0.19oz of product which is a very substantial amount of product (for reference MAC lipglasses have 0.17oz). Considering how long they last on me, one tube will last me quite some time. The only thing I don't like about the packaging is that the wand itself is so long that gloss tends to get all over it making it a bit messy. Also, try not to over pump air into the Glossimer tubes as it may leak around the rim.

This product is $31CAN without tax, however I think it is worth the price. For Chanel, this price point is right because all Chanel products will come at a high price tag. If you're feeling like you need a little bit of luxury, I definitely recommend you checking this out in person.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2010 1:00:00 AM More reviews by kellijhudson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Gorgeous colors, good staying power and I love the shine they give. I typically have to purchase at the department store because online shopping can be deceiving. Some are high shine, some are glittery, some are just pure sheer colors. I have about 20 of these in all shades of the rainbow and I adore the collection I have started. Chanel does a beautiful job with the glossimers!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2010 7:03:00 PM More reviews by bailuli

I finally bought myself some Chanel Glossimers after all the raves over the Fall 2010 collection, and they are definitely lovely! My favorite is probably Rose Dilemma.

In general, I find these glosses very nice and sophisticated looking. There are glosses out there that are so glossy and obvious that it looks like you slapped on liquid shiny plastic, and certainly not sophisticated looking. With the Glossimers, they're shiny but not overly so. They give off medium shine with fine shimmer (in the ones that are shimmery), and I don't find the shimmer to be left over on my lips very much after the gloss disappears/fades off.

texture wise, it's quite smooth and applies very evenly, despite the doefoot wand (which i find tend to wipe glosses off after i apply and doesn't give me a very even finish). They have no scent (that i can detect, i think if you shove your nose at it, you might pick up a faint sweet scent?), and no taste. It isn't very sticky but it IS slightly sticky. Definitely not Lancome Juicy Tube or Stila Lip Glaze sticky! Staying power is pretty good for the lack of stickiness. Overall it feels great.

I did notice the first few times using it that the corner of my bottom lips went slightly tingly/numb, but after using it a few times, i've stopped noticing it. For those who are usually sensitive to lipstick and lipgloss, you might want to buy from a place with good return policy! Just in case, because these babies are $27 a pop, and definitely not for the faint of heart.

To be honest, I find the Revlon Super Lustrous glosses very very similar in texture, feel, and lasting power. I actually prefer my Revlon SL glosses over my glossimers. Colorwise, SL's do not have any dupes for any of the glossimers unfortunately. However, Revlon SL have their own awesome range of colors (if you can find it, Life's a Peach that's dced is actually my absolute favorite), so def give those a try too, especially if the glossimers prices are too daunting!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2010 6:45:00 PM More reviews by Shabby413

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This lip gloss is my HG. I own so many colors and love each one. The consistency is smooth, not sticky, and has staying power. Chanel is expensive, but, this product is worth the extra money. Highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2010 4:06:00 AM More reviews by GabrielleUtomo

I LOVE Chanel Glossimer. It is indeed a bit pricey but when it comes to good stuff who can resist them

The formula is not sticky, many color available, it is not too frosty, another cons maybe the applicator, i prefer brush applicator like Aqualumiere Lipgloss has.