December 19, 2014 | 878 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Skindinavia - No More Shine Makeup Finish

rated 3 of 5 on 11/5/2011 9:50:00 PM More reviews by jenmonica7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this product after all the great reviews, especially since I have such oily skin; however, I have to agree with those who said this primer is too shiny on the face, at least for me. It kind of goes on like shiny plastic and if you are putting foundation on top that might work but I usually prefer powder and that was not enough to hide the platic-y shine (not even with a healthy dose of bare minerals powders which can go on pretty thick). I probably could have made this work shine-wise but the second issue is that when it dried on my skin it actually dried out my skin creating wrinkles I didn't even know I had! That was a deal breaker for me, so it had to go back. (I did try applying with a brush as well, but for me the results were the same.)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2011 3:59:00 PM More reviews by pineappleprincess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is amazing. I use it before I put on my makeup and there's noticeably less shine than when I don't use it. It's also great for when photographs are being taken, because you know how shine can come through in photos even though your face isn't really that shiny in real life :P Anyway if you're looking for it in Canada, get it either at a boutique in your town or at ebeauty.ca. I'm not sure if Shoppers carries it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2011 4:56:00 AM More reviews by helloranibear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

the packaging isn't pretty, but i've had my one bottle for a year and it's still clean, functioning perfectly, it's sturdy. built to last.
the day this arrived in the mail (i ordered directly from the website) i started a new job at a burger place. needless to say as the newbie i was put right on the grill, in the middle of summer. usually my makeup would have been dripping - yes, dripping, in blobs - off my face. the heat was INCREDIBLE and i was sweating like crazy.
i got home, expecting the worst, and my makeup was b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l.
no exxageration. it hadn't budged.
i feel this does exceptionally well in humid climates. my skin isn't particuarly oily anyway though, a get a little on the corners of my nose + forehead but aside from that i'm probably normal, if not a little dry.
the trick is, i've discovered, to spray this UNDER YOUR MAKEUP. over it does little, under it makes everything stick like crazy + go NOWHERE. so, as a sort of spray-on-primer. it makes my skin a lot smoother, silkier anyway so my foundation goes on 10 times better.
i have the 118ml bottle and again, this has lasted me a year spraying on about 3 good close sprays on my face daily, and still going. i usually spray and then wait a few minutes for it to sink in deeply, and then apply my makeup. it's an incredibly refreshing feeling.
so, wash face > moisturise > spray > makeup. that's it.
it is a WONDER PRODUCT, i can't say enough good things about it. definitely in my top 5 essentials and for the price/lasting power that's wonderful.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2011 2:14:00 PM More reviews by jeanyus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have had this for a long time. It had been sitting in my drawer after it broke me out and looked like shiny plastic sitting on my skin the first couple times I used it. I figured I'd give it another try and I'm glad I did.

The trick I use is to apply by a BRUSH. If I spray it directly onto my face, too much is applied even at the correct distance. I spray inches away from a flat top kabuki and dab on my t-zone. Doesn't seem to work well on the chin though. My cheeks and forhead were amazing and had no shine after 9 hours.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2011 6:34:00 PM More reviews by tequierosparrow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A GIFT FROM HEAVEN!! I am in LOVE with this. I saw it on youtube and thought what the heck I'll try it. Thank goodness i did! I cannot believe the difference it makes. I work shift work and usually by 2 hrs into my shift im already blotting with powder, then again later, and again later and my bangs get all greasy (sorry...bit too much info but you see what i'm dealing with!), but i tried this! NO more shine, NO grease, makeup stays perfect. I am going to be repurchasing few more bottles now! LOVE it. Now an absolute must to my makeup routine. The bottle I have is different looking, it's more black now, but i believe its the same formula. I ordered directly from the website.

BUY IT.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2011 4:19:00 PM More reviews by xjessicawabbit

I had a lot of hope in this product, after seeing it in an AndreasChoice video on Youtube. I had never tried any type of finishing spray, so I wasn't really sure what to expect, and felt a little reluctant when shelling out the money for a tiny bottle of spray. I purchased it last summer to help my skin battle the heat, seeing as my skin is extremely oily all year round. As refreshing as it was, it didn't do much for keeping the shine at bay, which is the whole point of it being a "no more shine" spray. Although, I do understand that with my skin being the way it is, a spray is not going to be the thing that keeps it from getting shiny. I do, however, think it's great for setting makeup and keeping your makeup fresh all day long, it's just the anti-shine factor I didn't find very apparent.

I gave this product 3 stars, just because it didn't do much for my oily skin. I do feel that it is great for setting makeup, and I will defintely repurchase from Skindinavia again, but for solely makeup setting purposes. I'll probably give their regular makeup setting spray a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2011 5:18:00 PM More reviews by speedbumpmeatpuppet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

First time I used this stuff, I applied my mineral makeup as usual, then sprayed per the instructions. At the end of the day I was...underwhelmed. My makeup held up only slightly better than usual, but it was still a massive oil slick (as usual *sigh*).
So why did I rate it 5 stars?? Because I discovered a sweet trick: BEFORE applying my makeup, I spray per the instructions, then wait a minute for the spray to dry completely, and THEN apply my mineral makeup. This works a jillion times better for me (maybe it's because I wear mineral makeup instead of liquid foundation?). My face still gets oily (there's nothing on this planet that can stop that), but my makeup doesn't break up and look all nastified like it used to-- it's more like I "glow" towards the end of the day, hahaha.
Oh! I should add-- if you're feeling a "mask" effect after spraying, try my trick and apply it before your makeup. See if that helps!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/23/2011 9:55:00 AM More reviews by Marian93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

doesnt do much

rated 1 of 5 on 5/12/2011 12:08:00 AM More reviews by pamupnorth

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my first review. I am so dissapointed with this product, I feel I should share my experience.
If your skin is oily, and you normally get shiny 1 hour after apply long wear makeup, then don't count on this product to help you. I almost want to say it made me shine even more, and that was in 68 degree weather. I could also feel this on my face, like wearing a mask. I am much better off wearing my Revlon Colorstay or my Estee Lauder Double Wear without this spray.
Buy it with caution.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2011 6:20:00 PM More reviews by dreanicoley

I have oily skin and used to carry oil absorbing sheets all the time and use them or touch up with powder every 2 hours. Also, even with urban decay eyeshadow primer I ended up with gross runny lids by 4pm. Never again! I use after I wash my face and moisturize and again after I apply all my make up. No gross smell and very refreshing. Totally worth it!