October 23, 2014 | 1721 users online

Highlighters - NARS - The Multiple in Copacabana

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2011 12:00:00 PM More reviews by GinaLouSays

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Really wanted to try a NARS highlighter, and was stuck on this or Albatross. Evidently enough, I bought both, but really wanted to try Copacabana first. Watched reviews on YouTube about this and was really excited. I must say, it lives up to the hype. I does look frosty in the tube, but it still goes on nice a sheer, but still with a glow. What really sold me is that it has a skin tone flesh color, so it's really easy to blend with your skin tone. Really happy I bought this as my first Multiple.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2011 9:01:00 PM More reviews by browneyessmiles

I may just be wearing the rose-colored glasses of early make-up love / and feeling the psychological need to justify a very expensive purchase, but I'm loving this product. I was surprised by how flattering it is, as it looks a little frosty in the stick. I use this on the apples of my cheeks and under my eye-brows. I just use the tips of my fingers - from the stick to the skin. I hope I keep loving this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2011 10:13:00 AM More reviews by makeupdiva23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Got this in a mini holiday set. Gives the most dewey glow ever and makes you look flawless in pictures. It is a soft taupey color to me. Blends right into the skin and looks very natural. I wish the full size wasn't so expensive and they would make more mini sets!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2011 4:13:00 AM More reviews by Scarlet1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Great highlighter. I use it on temples, bridge of nose, browbone, and forehead somethimes. I use such a light hand so I don't over do it but the results look so natural and youthful.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2011 6:25:00 PM More reviews by hnn

Copacabana is everything I want in a highlighter - subtle nude sheen and a glowy finish. The stick is very soft and easy to blend. I swipe it two times over my cheekbones, and then blend the edges with my fingers. Then I set it with my MAC Pretty Baby beauty powder and it looks amazing!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2011 4:10:00 AM More reviews by Katie75007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Copacabana is, hands down, one of my HG, "I rarely leave the house without this" cosmetic products. It's one of the most natural looking illuminators I have ever come across -- I use it on my cheekbones and brow bone. It's not glittery or too shiny; its pearlescent finish just leaves your complexion glowing and luminous. I love it. I would definitely buy it again; I have! It's pricey, but it took me more than a year to use on a near-daily basis, so I would say that the price is justified. I love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2011 5:12:00 PM More reviews by e_L_L_e

this is the most natural looking highlighter i have found for my fair asian skintone (nc25), in that it creates more of a sheen on the skin as opposed to shimmer. this is still shimmer in this product, of course. but if you're looking for shimmer and frost, this product is not for you. the key to using this product is to blend blend blend. i've seen a friend use copacabana without blending and it just looks caked on because it is a cream product. the packaging is portable, though mine broke and doesn't come down automatically.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2011 9:18:00 PM More reviews by nakeeyark

I love the NARS Multiple in South Beach, and I wanted to love this color so badly. Copacabana looks like a shimmery neutral beige, and I imagined it would light up my eyelids and cheekbones wonderfully. However, on my yellowish skintone it translated into nothing more than a bunch of sparkles that just looked super obvious. Instead of highlighting my skin, Copacabana simply made me look sparkly, which is not what I was going for. At $40ish, including tax, I expect it to look sophisticated, not garish. While I love South Beach, I'm afraid I had to return Copacabana. Two lippies because it might look better on those with lighter skintones than mine.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2011 6:31:00 AM More reviews by myfairmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The multiple in Copacabana is nice if you are very fair. I am extremely pale and I did use it for a period of time. However, it is not the most natural looking highlighter on the market since the shimmer is not extremely fine. There are some visible particles of larger shimmer - barely noticeable, but they are there. Compared to Becca Nymph pressed shimmer powder and Jane Wisteria shimmering blush, this NARS multiple doesn't cut it. Those other two are more finely milled and easier to apply since there are in powder form. I felt myself tugging on my skin with this multiple in order to blend it in. I have a strong aversion to having to tug my skin to apply makeup because I don't want to age prematurely, whether or not that is a real possibility. :)

If you don't mind rubbing it in, and having more of a shimmer than an extremely fine glow, you might like the multiple. I imagine that if you have dry skin and smaller pores you would like this better than I did. Would not repurchase since the Jane product is $7. Even my NYX mosaic in 01 Highlight gives more of a natural glow than Copacabana. Save your money since this is not the best product of its kind on the market.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2011 6:06:00 AM More reviews by lilmisssunshine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Worst highlighter I've tried, ever. This is supposed to make your skin look 'glowy' but what it did was adding oiliness and grease on my face. Doesn't blend well, color is ashy on my NC25 skin. I can't think of anyway to use this product really, so this goes up for swap. Something about the texture of NARS Multiple make them impractical, the texture makes my face look oily.