November 28, 2014 | 1935 users online

Lip Gloss - Maybelline - Color Sensational Lip Gloss (All Colors)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2011 2:35:00 AM More reviews by OpenPlains

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Mocha glaze from this line is my default lip color. It's an orangey sort of pinkish color that suits my complexion well. There's some shimmer, but not too much, so I don't feel like I'm using something too young for me. It feels good on the lips and shows up wonderfully. It does not last long on me, but that could be because I bite my lips when working--nothing ever lasts on me. I've rebought this several times and have never regretted doing so.

I also tried Touch of Toffee and didn't care for it, but that's just because it was too close of a match for my own lip color for my taste. The feel of the product is just as good as that of Mocha Glaze.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2011 7:41:00 PM More reviews by Elizabeth82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I recently bought this in Perfect Pink. The local Rexall was having a huge sale and all Maybelline products were 30%, therefore this gloss only ended up costing me $6. Really wish I had grabbed some more!

PROS:
nicely pigmented
doesn't feel sticky or tacky on the lips
great staying power for a gloss
excellent packaging (I prefer minimalist packaging)
very little taste or smell
great price for the quality

CONS:
none that I can think of

I am a very fair, cool toned, dark blonde with blue/green eyes and have been hunting for the perfect pink that wouldn't clash with my complexion or bring out the redness in my skin. This is perfect; slightly lighter than my natural lip colour and with no hint of gold. Will definitely repurchase in this colour and hoping to pick up a few more colours soon!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2011 3:51:00 PM More reviews by pinkmakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this lip gloss! I've been using it for almost a year, and it's great. It stays on a long time when i wear it over my lipstick. I wear it in plum tastic, and the color is really pretty!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2011 10:51:00 AM More reviews by Angelgurl12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i love this lipgloss, i got mine in hooked on pink, its a rly pretty color, it has the perfect amount of pigmentation, its creamy, its not sticky, nd it looks nice on the lips. i lke the packaging, its nice and sleek, its not flashy nd overdoing it its classy nd simple. i would lke it to sat maybelline or the name on the tube instead of on a TINY sticker on the bottom

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2011 5:25:00 PM More reviews by blueberryfrost

I have this gloss in the "Pink Perfection" shade. In the tube, it is a frosty, pearly pink. On lips, it adds a sheer pink flush with slight shimmer. It looks pretty on bare lips, and adds a touch of shine over lipsticks. It pairs nicely with Color Sensational lipsticks (especially Pink Quartz). This lip gloss is nice...not overly special or outstanding, but I like having it in my purse to swipe on without needing a mirror. It's good knowing it'll look nice without having to check. It feels smooth and not sticky on my lips. It does have a noticeable fragrance, it smells like orange Starburst candy to me. It's fine...although I personally tend to prefer vanilla or mint in my lip products. The packaging is sleek and sophisticated, not juvenile and not flashy either. However...why is there no logo sticker or anything on the tube? I find that kind of weird. But if you prefer minimal packaging, you'd probably appreciate the "brandless" tube. It was under $5 at Walmart. Overall, a pleasant lip gloss, and I'd buy it again in a different shade.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/24/2011 2:33:00 AM More reviews by Esousa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i got this in cashmere rose and ust threw it in the trash after 2 or 3 uses... it is seriously disgunting... the texture is gooey and the strong smell is just cheap. i usually don't mind the smell of makeup, but this is just ridiculously over the top.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2011 2:16:00 AM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Selected shades: born with it (sheer beige pink), pink perfection (rosy pink), cranberry cocktail (brick red), lucious pink (sheer pale baby pink), high-tech plum (barbie pink)

Pros: moisturizing, not sticky, long-lasting, nice scent

Cons: none

Comments: These are great quality glosses, however the lighter shades are quite sheer. It does take a couple of layers to achieve full opacity, but it doesn't feel uncomfortable when wearing more. It's a very rich, creamy gloss without any stickiness. I only plan to re-purchase Lucious Pink and High-Tech Plum. Born With It was way too sheer, Cranberry Cocktail bled like crazy, and Pink Perfection just wasn't the pink I was looking for.

Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2010 12:00:00 PM More reviews by sushimojo86

I am 100% in love with this lip gloss! I purchased Born With It as apart of a buy one get on offer to try it out and I have now found my HG lip gloss. I have very pigmented lips so the sheer colour of the gloss gives my lips that nice shine with out making my lips look over done. Looks amazing when layering over lipstick ( works well when matched with Nearly There form the colour sensationals lip stick range) .Maybelline have made a top quality gloss thaat we can all afford and easily accessable so a big thumbs up to that. Yes there is a scent to the product but it is not something that is too over powering and after a few minutes you do not notice it. The packaging is nice and slim which makes it easy to carry and is the perfect size to fit in your purse or clutch for touch ups. I am very pleased with this gloss and look forwarsd to trying more in the collection.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2010 11:14:00 PM More reviews by jann8

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Not sticky, no taste, slight bubblegum orange-y scent, wears ok- but Broadway Bronze in the tube wasn't the color on lips. Color was way too light when applied.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/5/2010 6:25:00 PM More reviews by jod84

i kinda like this gloss. it's a little sheer for my likeing but it looks great over lipstck and it's not sticky