Maybelline Super Stay Makeup

3.5

Aqua/Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Isododecane, Dimethicone, C30-45 Alkyldimethylsilyl Polypropylsilsequioxane, Glycerin, Silica, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Nylon-12, Phenoxyethanol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Ethylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Paraffin ( /- May Contain: CI77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI77499, CI77492, CI77491/Iron Oxides)

on 2/25/2014 12:31:00 AM

I've been using maybelline super stay for about 3 to 4 years now. This foundation was good at first to me. I would say this foundation is medium to full coverage. I personally don't like the finish so I use another maybelline matte whipped foundation over it. Which works great for a few hours. I find both foundations patch onto my dry skin after about 5 hours. It also starts to wear off and you can see my oily t zone especially my forehead. Overall I wouldn't say this is for girls with oily skin and if girls with dry skin use it I would recommend moisturizer. This isn't a great foundation but it isn't the worst it gets me threw the day because I haven't found a different foundation yet but I'm hoping to never repurchase this one again once I do.

on 2/22/2014 4:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I am loving this! I have combination skin and have been on the lookout for something that wasn't cakey, didn't settle into lines, could stay in place for a minimum of 10 hours and wasn't too Matt. Well, I think I've found it (you have no idea how many foundations I've tried in the past 3 months)...who would've thought I'd find it at Priceline? Extra bonus, when it's not too hot I can wear this WITHOUT needing to on primer or powder. Love it.

on 2/21/2014 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This foundation was ok, I got it in classic ivory. It came up orange on me and my skin can get a little oily around my nose and this foundation caked up a bit in that area. It also felt kind of greasy on my skin. I wouldn't recommend this if your skin is oily. It just seemed to transfer all over the place. It's not bad I imagine if you have normal skin and you can find a colour match but many stores only carry a limited amount of the available shades.

So I can use it up, I'd been mixing it with moisturiser to help sheer it out and make the fact it doesn't match me less noticeable and it worked well enough. Now I also have a benefit foundation that is probably light enough but too yellow and mixed together these two make a nice foundation for me. But I wouldn't by both of them just to do this so I won't repurchase.

on 2/19/2014 10:42:00 PM

I have tried so many different liquid foundations. For a while my favorite was maybelline dream liquid mousse, but it wasn't lasting as long as I wanted to. I would sweat some of it off in the summer and would fade through out the day. I go to school for 8 hours then go right to work, and with this super stay foundation, it stays on, I dont have to reapply when I get home. It's also a lot thicker, you don't need to use as much of it, and it looks very smooth and makes your skin tone look more even. The only weird thing is it has a weird smell, I can't explain what it smells like but it goes away after a few minutes.

I like the formulation and it does stay on long, but the opening of it is quite big, and it is hard to pour out when you want only a small amount.

on 2/10/2014 12:13:00 AM

been buying this for years and really need to try the new release of it. great coverage and AMAZING staying power. after trying it on i tried washing it off and the water literally ran off it without moving product. always use this when i workout or in hot weather. only downside is it has a strong matte finish but can be easily fixed with setting spray.

on 2/9/2014 4:51:00 AM

It is alright for a drugstore foundation i guess.. It feels quite cakey on my skin and it doesn't even have the greatest coverage. If you have oily skin this is a no-no. The colour range isn't great at all. Most drugstore foundations tend to only have colour matches for pink-undertone so i wasn't expecting much else. I can't really have an opinion about it because i am unable to match it to my skin so maybe people with pink-undertones will be able to give a better review of it. I also don't like that this doesn't have a pump because it is quite thick and hard to get out.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

So I bought this in the color nude. I have to say I really love the coverage and all it looks good and I don't need to wear a powder only cause I get a little oily! Yet the problem is it oxidized and made me look orange? Does any one else have this problem? I'm going to buy a lighter shade and hope it works cause other than that I really like it!

on 1/18/2014 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

HALLELUJAH I HAVE FOUND THE HOLY GRAIL.
No seriously, you don't even know. I love this stuff. I want to marry this stuff. You think I'm joking. But I most definitely am not.

After a lovely user mre95 (Check her out:) suggested it, I messaged her, and picked this up. No other reviews read, just her recommendation, no further questions. I knew I must try this. I picked it up and absolutely loved it. I discovered that this glorious foundation..
A. Was a great match to my skin
B. Covered blemishes and redness flawlessly
C. Lasted a long time.
D. Looked natural while providing coverage.
Those things were enough to make this HG material for me. But my review doesn't stop here. Oh no.

Today I was out for 11 hours straight. I spent and hour and a half of that on a bus, 2 hours walking, and 4-5 hours in a hot gymnasium with a hundred teenagers. When I came home and looked in the mirror, what I saw LITERALLY MADE ME WANT TO FALL ON MY FACE AND WORSHIP THE GROUND THIS FOUNDATION WALKS ON.

After 11 complete hours of wear, with ABSOLUTELY NO touch ups, my face not only had flawless coverage, but looked natural, and my entire face just looked fresh. AFTER 11 HOURS OF WEAR PEOPLE.

Please do not listen to people comparing this to color stay. BECAUSE REVLON COLORSTAY DOES NOT HOLD A SINGLE CANDLE TO THIS FOUNDATION. Saying this is like Revlon is doing this foundation a disservice. This is so much more natural looking. It provides coverage while not being cakey at all, and I don't even need primer or powder. You heard me. No powder.

This foundation is just phenomenal. I had about seven very large painful blemishes today, and this covered them flawlessly, without upsetting my skin, or causing it to break out more.

I hope you will go out and purchase this right now. If you like wearing full coverage foundation regularly, or just need it for special occasions, this is the stuff you need. I cannot recommend this highly enough. I give this product one million stars.

on 1/16/2014 8:46:00 PM

I bought this out of desperation for my very acne prone skin. I'm always having breakouts and I struggle with quite dry but also quite oily skin. I would pay a lot for the perfect foundation! I've tried a couple higher-end ones but sticking closer to DS foundations for my wallet's sake. So glad that I tried Superstay, though some of the reviews scared me.

My skin is super sensitive as well as having the above issues, so with that in mind, this gave me just what I needed. Coverage, staying power without drying, and finally a warm enough shade for me. I found this much different than Colorstay. Unfortunately I CANNOT wear CS because it dries me out ridiculously and I like a more natural look. I also CANNOT wear L'Oreal True Match because it melts off my face in just an hour or two, which is sad because I love the smooth, natural, pore-less look it gives me initially.

Superstay gave me just what I needed. So far it is the best foundation I've found!