September 16, 2014 | 1817 users online

Mascara - Make Up For Ever - Aqua Smoky Lash - Extra Black

rated 1 of 5 on 6/14/2011 4:22:00 AM More reviews by mgfer

I bought this mascara because the girl in Sephora said it provided huge volume...and so it did.... but after some minutes it started to melt and I looked like a boxer..with black eyelids...
This may work for someone that does not have oily eyelids....Not for me.
I even tried over my Urban Decay lash primer and it improved, but finally melted as well.
To the bin :-(

rated 1 of 5 on 6/13/2011 10:12:00 PM More reviews by jadelexx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was looking forward to using this mascara after having heard great things about it on YouTube. I got the waterproof version to hold the curl after using my lash curler. However, even though it was waterproof it smudged everytime I used it and would sting my eyes after smudging! It was more expensive than other mascaras that I have that didn't give me these problems. Waste of my money.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/31/2011 9:39:00 AM More reviews by JatQuickreview

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

It was an utter disappointment, very unfortunately! I have quite long, blonde lashes and am always looking for a mascara that doesn't smudge. My eyes are not insanely oily, although I have often encountered smudging with cheaper make up brands. I especially bought the waterproof version of this, after hearing so many great things of the Smoky Lash, and had big hopes for it - especially after it was so expensive (the most expensive mascara I ever bought!) The first couple of weeks, it was impossible to work with. It was very wet, clumpy and flaky. After a while it got better, due to the product drying a little. The flakiness stayed, but it was easier to work with. However, this always smudged SO BADLY! I owned a nonwaterproof mascara before this one, which didn't smudge as badly as the Aqua smoky lash!!

After using it for two months, I gave up on it today and am trying a new mascara now - today for the first time in weeks, the mascara is staying where it should be, and it is an incredible relief!!

One semi-positive thing about the Aqua Smoky Lash: I got asked once if I had fake lashes on (which I didn't) - appart from the handling and the flakiness, it does give quite extraordinary lashes!

I called it quits with it so early, and I feel bad, both for the money and all the leftover product! I will most definitely not repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2011 5:33:00 PM More reviews by jaymief

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Although I still love Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill Mascara, this mascara is much darker and blacker than GA and I like that about this mascara. If only GA made their mascara as black as MUFE that would become my HG mascara!Anyway, this mascara is good. I like it. It lengthens and gives my lashes some volume and darkens them. This mascara does tend to clump because the brush just isn't as good as some where there's just enough of the product on the brush. I've never had to use a lash brush until I used this mascara. Oh well, I'll just wait until GA creates his mascara in a dark black color and use this until then.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2011 3:51:00 PM More reviews by Serenatan

I quite like this mascara. Blackens, lengthens, volumizes, holds curl and all that jazz.

However it gets quite clumpy awhile into the product because it dries out real quickly. That might be faster for me because I wear it everyday!

Removing might take a while more than normal but it's alright.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/21/2011 1:02:00 PM More reviews by wickedfreethinker

This is by far the worst "high end" mascara I have tried. I normally like MUFE products but this mascara was terrible. It left my lashes clumpy, spidery and it basically did nothing to enhance them. I have long lashes to begin with, but I like volumizing formulas because they make my eyes stand out. The color is nice, but the consistency is clumpy, dry and thick. This mascara is a complete waste, better off sticking to the drugstore brands than using this.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2011 2:24:00 PM More reviews by Thalia773

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have to say I really do love this mascara. Is it perfect? No, but havent found any that are, yet. The flaws with this are that it doesnt last very long, when it does start getting low it begins to dry out which causes more flakes. When fresh absolutely no flake, no running, easy to remove, with no damage to your lashes. Adds tons of length and volume, keeps the curl and has a nice deep black color which makes your eyes pop. This is definitely one of my top 10.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2011 8:25:00 PM More reviews by lorriwatson

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like what this did for my lashes. I have possibly the worst combination of eyelash traits -- sparse, straight, short wimpy things, with about five hairs total on my bottoms. That said, this shiz made me feel like a pin-up girl!

It can get kinda clumpy if you overdo it, but sometimes a slightly clumpy look has its own sexy appeal. I don't mind it at all -- it's a great going-out mascara. It's super black, and just a little glossy. Very, very full-looking and pretty darn lengthening, too! It holds the curl for quite some time as well, and doesn't flake as the curl starts coming undone late in the day.

I didn't get any transferring, but mind you I don't wear mascara on the bottom lashes. However, this stuff really, really stays put. It is difficult to get it completely off, even with makeup remover formulated for waterproof mascaras.

I do love this stuff, but for the price, it'll have to be a special treat. I'd get it more often, but because the brush is so big, whenever you push it back into the tube, a lot of air is also introduced into the bottle. This means you're lucky if you get one slick month out of a single tube. I tightened the lid on this sucka as well as I could, too!

Really great for holy-crap-how-many-times-can-a-girl-hit-snooze? mornings because one coat and you can get out the door somewhat alluringly.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2011 3:33:00 PM More reviews by Melavia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

The curling and thickening effects are pretty good. But it does clumps a bit when I apply it. Overall, it is pretty good and it is waterproof too so that is a bonus.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/19/2011 2:44:00 AM More reviews by jakkiema

I really wanted to like this one, mostly because I'm a big fan of Make Up For Ever in general. But...I really hated this mascara. I paid high-end price for something that is absolutely inferior to my drugstore favorites like Maybelline's Full N' Soft and Cover Girl's Lash Blast (Volume & Fusion). I have long and somewhat full mascara, so on average there isn't many mascaras that can truly be horrible on my lashes, but this was. Although very black and waterproof (as I was looking for in a mascara to wear to big events like weddings and such), it made my lashes look VERy spider-y. I didn't know it was possible....to make my lashes look like there was only 5 clumpy sticks left. I definitely will not be repurchasing and in fact, I'm gonna return the tube I have right now. There is so much better out there, I really can't be bothered to waste my money on this dud.