November 24, 2014 | 2030 users online

Eyeliner - Sephora - Nano Eyeliner

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2011 4:06:00 PM More reviews by cocosea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I wish I could say better things about this eyeliner, because I love Sephoras other makeup products but OH MAN!
I purchased this in Midnight Black mainly for the size because I was doing some traveling but it has NO STAYING POWER! within 2 hours the product I applied to my waterline had migrated below my eye! I also had trouble finding a sharpener that it would fit in. I own 3 and it was too round for all of them! When I did sharpen it, it was crumbly and fell apart very easily. As an upper lid liner it was fine, not the best, not the worst. You definitely get what you paid for!!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/23/2011 6:28:00 PM More reviews by aishahh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this in Forest Green and Midnight Black. Yuck. Rough on sensitive eyes, crumbly, smudges, and fades by lunch when I wear it to school. Which I don't anymore. Don't recommend, go for a drugstore liner. Same price. Better Quality.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2011 3:15:00 PM More reviews by kaberly

The price is 5 dollars for this little piece of eyeliner, probably as tall as a Chapstick, but skinny as a CHOPSTICK. Yes.

Okay- I bought the midnight black one and received the silver green one.

The color pay off- amazing.
The Feeling- amazing, it glides on.
Price- Way too expensive for that little stub.
The staying power- ehm...it smudges, and if I blink really hard, whoops...raccoon eyes... yeah. Not buying again.
However good for costume makeup...

rated 1 of 5 on 3/10/2011 1:30:00 PM More reviews by RachaelPDX

I hate these pencils, they smudge in less than 3 hours, and transfer to my upper lid, would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2011 12:54:00 PM More reviews by fatbottomgirl76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have it in black. It is the smoothest eyeliner I have ever used. It blends well also.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2011 12:39:00 PM More reviews by coriforia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I received this eyeliner in green in the little birthday sephora set. I actually really hated it but am glad I tried the other colors because this is the best eyeliner I've ever used!

The first time I tried the green it was very waxy and not very pigmented, it was like trying to draw a crayon on my upper lid. I immediately tossed it and went on with my day. Well that night (many hours later), I looked in the mirror and was astonished that my eyeliner was PERFECT. Since I wear eyeliner on my upper lid it usually does not last the day and will smudge into my lid where my eyeshadow is. Well this was perfect, no smudging at all. I immediately retrieved the eyeliner from my trashcan and set out to buy other colors.

I picked up Gri Gri, a very dark gray (could almost be called a soft black) and chocolate, a dark cool brown. For those who want a dark warm brown, try coffee. What surprised me was that these have a much better formula and pigment then the green. They are much more pigmented and much smoother on my lid. The best part though, is the staying power is the same! I'm not sure why that green was so waxy and dry, perhaps it was old? But the gri gri and chocolate are smooth, pigmented and last all day without smudging.

Other people have mentioned it doesn't last on the water line. Putting it on my water line has always freaked me out anyway. Might as well just put some in your eye! So, if you are someone who puts it on your waterline, it appears from other reviews this will not stay. If you wear eyeliner on skin, around your lash line, I think you will be very pleased.

So these are pigmented and last all day, great! I think the real bonus though is the ingredients. Its pretty natural! No weird chemicals and such, no parabens etc. That was a VERY pleasant surprise that has me now using only these as my eyeliner, as I feel they perform better then Jane Iredale's eye pencils and Korres long lasting eyeliner (my previous go-to eyeliners). Oh yes, and these are dirt cheap. $5 per eyeliner! I'm probably going to pick up more colors as time goes on, its fun to experiment when they only cost $5 and I don't have to worry about crazy chemicals getting in my eyes!

Ingredients for chocolate: (pigment may vary slightly with colors)
Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil , Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride , Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifera Wax) , CI 77499 (Iron Oxides) , Glyceryl Ricinoleate , CI 77491 (Iron Oxides) , CI 77492 (Iron Oxides) , Cera Alba (Beeswax) , CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide) , Cera Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera Wax) , Cetyl Alcohol , Myristyl Myristate , Phenyl Trimethicone , Talc , Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Unsaponifiables , Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil , Ammonium Glycyrrhizate , Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2011 5:32:00 PM More reviews by jyangsmiles

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I got the Nano Eyeliner in White.
It's a bold colour. It's a very soft eyeliner, so it's not harsh on your eyes. It's easy to use, and glides on easily!
The only complaint I have about the white, is that it doesn't last very long.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2011 2:06:00 AM More reviews by BeautyByKrystal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I posted a blog about these today: http://beautybykrystalc.blogspot.com/2011/01/sephora-nano-eye-liner-pencils.html

Pretty much, I love them and am returning to buy all the shades for my kit!!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2011 1:29:00 AM More reviews by vanilla55555

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Generally speaking, i am quite dissatisfied with this product. I expected a lot more from Sephora, but was disappointed in this. I purchased the midnight black liner and i found that it smudges extremely easy. I line it on my tear line and in just a matter of hours it completely smudges. The only bright side is that it's easy to use and fairly cheap ($5 in the USA). So unless you apply some makeup setter or something, this product will EASILY smudge. Probably will not purchase again.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/29/2010 10:34:00 PM More reviews by LilaCrane

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I hate this eyeliner SO much.
I got this in "forest green" awhile back because it was on sale for a dollar or two, I figured it was worth trying. Wrong.
This is the worst eyeliner I have ever used. First off, it's really hard and waxy. After warming it a bit it's "usable" meaning you can get some color to show up but its still really waxy feeling. It applies super unevenly, so trying to be optimistic I decided to try building it up and smudging it out. This was unsuccessful because its SO stiff and waxy and it drags and ugh. I got zero color payoff while trying to apply it to my waterline as well. On top of that, it irritates my eyes and smells like a freaking crayon. Not even crayola, more like those no label crayons you get from dollar stores? Actually, the texture is similar to those too.
I can see it maybe working if you want to fill in your brows forest green, but I have no intention of doing that for the time being.