September 17, 2014 | 1970 users online

Clothes - Forever 21

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2012 7:49:00 PM More reviews by sarahann1994

I shop here only on occasion. I think that they have a cute selection of clothes that fit into the working woman's attire. I do however hate the quality of their clothes and how cheap they are. They are very prone to shrinking (even the non-cotton material) and are likely to get holes and strings. Their clothes are pretty cheap, but some things are way over prices. I always buy their camis because they are only $2 and come in cute colors. I will shop here, but only if I really like something.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2012 12:06:00 PM More reviews by Beautyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I shop at Forever21 from time to time. I am only giving it a 3 because I do find that some of clothes really arent made in good quality. Some of shirts are just so thin & ready to rip. You can tell they're worth the price you paid for them. I do love the shoes! I have a small foot but unfortunately it is a little wide and some of the shoes are kind of tight on my wide foot, but I order a lot of booties & heels from them. My favorite thing from Forever21 is the leggings! I have tons & tons & tons of leggings in every color possible from them. Some styles run a bit small. I'm a size Medium & can find that sometimes need a Large in some leggings, but they are really cheap & much better quality than some of the cheap shirts in my opinion. I do continue to order from them because I do find a lot of cute items, I just wish some of their shirts weren't so cheapy about to rip looking as I stated earlier, but you really can find good buys there. I also don't think it's only for a younger crowd. Late 20's & even early 30's I believe can find some nice items there also.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2012 2:24:00 PM More reviews by TwirlyGirly1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

It really helps to know your fabrics and apparel construction techniques when shopping at Forever 21, whether online or in-store.

I have found some good bargains. However, there are certain things I *know* to stay away from.

First, I don't buy anything with a snug fit, unless it's a knit. To me, that's just asking for trouble with splitting seams.

I also stay away from zippers and set-in snaps (sew-in snaps are okay). The reason is both types of fasteners are manufactured in a wide range of qualities, and require a bit of skill to properly install in a garment. If they are of poor quality and/or sloppily installed, they'll break down after a few wearings and you're sunk (often leaving an unsightly hole in the garment - not to mention you won't be able to close the garment anymore). Forever 21 will not exchange or give credit for a garment already worn.

I also stay away from any garment made from what usually would be a washable fabric, yet the tag states it is "dry clean only." That, to me, is a big warning sign indicating sloppy construction and/or poor quality fabric.

Another no-no for me are garments made from poly blends, because they WILL pill after a few washings.

By following these "rules," I've managed to buy quite a few things from Forever 21 that look nice and wear well. If in-store, I examine them very carefully for defects before I buy. After purchasing, I treat them gently.

I also like some of their costume jewelry. You should know if it has a gold or silver-tone finish, you're only going to get a few wearings out of it. Eventually, the finish will flake off OR will dull due to its reaction to the oils in your skin. I've had good luck with beaded necklaces, and have gotten some fun bangle bracelets that still look good 2-3 years after I purchased them.

If you "shop smart," you can find some good deals at Forever 21.

15 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2012 6:02:00 PM More reviews by ryansgirl4eva

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

too much for the clothing for the threads hanging off of them went in there for the first time today. i brought a pair of skinny jeans and shades everything else was just really tacky and just look like it will fall apart after one wash. i seen better clothing online at 5.99fashion.com and their clothing is much better quality, but i love my avatar shades lol

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2012 10:44:00 AM More reviews by ChristinaMarieT

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The prices given at Forever 21 are on a cheap to average scale, and the clothes are relatively decent quality for what is charged, so it's great for those on a budget. It offers styles that are currently popular, so you don't have to worry about the prices suggesting they only give last season's fad. They often have cute designs on their accessories and socks, and if you love floral designs, they offer a whole bunch of those designs for all the clothing they have. Their clothing, accessories, gifts, and makeup are really great for mixing and matching and present giving. Some of the best mascaras and blushes I've ever used have been from F21 (they have an uncanny similarity to e.l.f products). They even sell really adorable thongs and cheekies and boyshorts for cheap (and I'd definitely say they're good quality)! I'd totally suggest this store for people who are really into grabbing random and small things to help finish an outfit or to completely change it in its entirety. They'll always have an out-there product that will unexpectedly be the something you needed (fleece blankets, laptop cases, shockingly great makeup products, wonderfully designed eyelash curlers, statement jewelery and essential camis and tanks).

But there are some downfalls to Forever 21. The stores are always so disorganized and hectic; Finding what you want is never an easy deal. You're bound to have more luck shopping online. The jeans they offer are almost always going to be skinny jeans with some jeggings in the mix. If you're lucky, you'll find the occasional flare jeans, and rarely, bootcut. About 98% of the time, their shorts are just booty shorts. They don't offer a variety of capris or anything a bit past your inner thigh area. Also, if you have big hips and a tiny waist, be prepared for some struggle with the fit. For this, I don't think their bottoms are flattering for pear or hourglass body shapes. They also seem to have a fixation on crop tops, selling them in variety of forms (cropped sweaters and hoodies!), and even offering an abundance of them in the cold seasons. Personally, crop tops are more for beaches and summer, and to me, I find them almost always to be trashy and somewhat inappropriate. It's quite annoying to find an awesomely designed top, only for it to end a few inches ABOVE your belly button. Oh, and their color selection... The colors are better suited for skin tones with warm undertones. They have bright colors and unusual shades (and sometimes, they just seem ridiculous when paired with certain articles of clothing), which can really wash out the cool undertones. They surprisingly don't offer much of a neutral color section, either. Also, because the prices are cheap, expect some of the quality to be cheap. Their sneakers or socks aren't the type to last you a long time. Plus, oddly enough, they sometimes sell really bizarre, unpractical clothing; They have skirts that are incredibly long in the back, but stop short in the front, and sell lots of sheer business looking tops. Occasionally, they sell things that look like they belong to an unwashed hippie...

Overall, the price, the quality, and the selection are worth being recommended, though. I'd give this 3.5 lippys if possible, but I'll have to go with 4, since I think going with 3 would be a bit unfair.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2012 2:03:00 AM More reviews by songtothesiren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The store is a mess and disorganized, but I must say that I'm impressed with the variety of clothes they have to offer. The quality is not very impressive, but I have bought a few things from forever 21 that are good quality, well made and that will last me a while ( skirt and dress). Forever 21 is great to buy some extra tops, camisoles, and pieces which you don't want to invest too much in. Much of their clothes are tacky and trashy, but they have some great basic chiffon tops and sweaters that are a steal.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2012 7:17:00 PM More reviews by kk71350

Being a bigger gal (I wear a 16 in dresses and jeans) who also likes to dress more conservative, I really do not find a lot of clothing things here that fit me well. If you are smaller, the clothing is very cute and trendy for a good price. On the other hand, the jewlery is AMAZING. it is really inexpensive, but very good quality for costume jewlery and it is really unique and beautiful. The Love and Beauty line is also very good, its hit or miss but some of the things are very good quality. I've also purchased underwear from here which was very good quality and cute. The shoes also seem nice, but I have not tried it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2012 9:49:00 PM More reviews by Crimsonbury

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Yeah the quality isn't that great, a lot of their clothes are a miss, I agree with a lot of the problems people have brought up here. But when I'm spending so little, I don't expect the quality to be superb. I can't see how anyone would think that buying a top for $12 or jeans for $17 would guarantee them great quality. And they have lots of misses, but the rest of the clothes and jewellery are so on trend and cute! I get exactly what I want from Forever 21: cheap, trendy, cute clothes that I probably won't even like after a few seasons. For someone who loves fashion and making the perfect outfits, Forever 21 is great because I can buy what I need and like for a tiny price, and I won't feel guilty when it goes out of style or I'm tired of it. If you're looking for clothes that are going to last a long time, you're gonna have to spend more than $20 an item!

I love how they are always getting in new clothes, so every time I go there is a ton of new selection! And their jewellery is the best part! SO cheap but it's all soooo cute. I have had a necklace or two fall apart from their, but when that necklace costs $4 I don't expect much more.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2012 6:51:00 PM More reviews by summerlover77

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE their necklaces. I always get compliments on them, one lady even asked me if it was an antique. I also like their basics, they're affordable and comfortable. That's probably the only thing I like about them. They used to have the cutest clothes there, but now everything there is getting more expensive and the quality is going down. My friends agree that Forever 21 used to be the best, but now it's crap. Ugh...please get back in the game Forever 21.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2012 3:59:00 PM More reviews by myluckypenny

Want to be caught wearing the same dress to the club as 3-5 other girls are? Love having your clothes fall apart in the washing machine? Want to build a collection of extra buttons you'll never affix to your clothing as replacements because the clothes are so cheap, it's not worth repairing? Like having static in your clothes, due to materials chosen to construct it and not because of lack of fabric softener in your laundry? Do you like to pull at loose threads in your clothes when you're bored? Feel like getting lost in a massive store that has since expanded 3x's since its inception, and now aiming to be the IKEA of clothing?

Forever 21 is for you.

Don't get me wrong, they did have cuter clothes a few years ago... But the shapes they cut for dresses are vagina-bearing short now, and barely anything is really "classy" looking anymore. Great for cheap basics for playing with a trend not worth investing loads of money on... But I much prefer www.lulus.com or www.asos.com

Sorry F21... I'm kinda over you. You were the perfect stepping stone in learning what I like VS don't like though...

...and as the reviewer mentioned below, I also dislike religious passages being printed on the bags... In-N-Out did this too, and even if I am Catholic, I dislike dogmatism. People should be able to shop freely without this little detail being forced upon our merchandise.

21 out of 24 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No