August 1, 2014 | 938 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Stylish Smokes in Natural Smokes

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2011 6:14:00 AM More reviews by insert_name_here86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Well letís see:

- The taupe colour has a lot of fallout and am constantly having to brush away a lot of glitter underneath my eyes.
-The taupe and maroonish colour are really hard to pack onto your brush; you have to really dig in to get a decent amount.
- If you are dark skinned like me, you may find the taupe colour hard to see, so I suggest packing on NYX Jumbo pencil Milk on beforehand, which did a whole lot of difference for me.
- I find it very cool toned, and I am very warm-toned, thus I find it very muddy-looking on me sometimes.

And for that last last reason alone, is why I wouldn't buy it again. Yes it's pigmented and the colours complement each other, and it is easy to travel with, but I believe there are better quality eyeshadows out there. Also, Maybelline tests on animals! Boo!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2011 6:03:00 PM More reviews by pinkalley

Love this quad! For those if you who said this fades easily, you need to use a good primer first. Don't just apply on bare lids! Then throw away the applicators and invest in some good makeup brushes I promise the results will be different! Love love love this!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2011 2:42:00 AM More reviews by Lac3andLeather

This easily became one of my favorite drugstore eyeshadow quads when I first got it. I think this quad would work great for beginners - it was one of my first and I learned through using this.
Although the eyeshadows are not extremely pigmented, they are easily build-able and blend great! It worked great for everyday and even nights out, as it is a great neutral quad.
The matte shade is great for highlighting the brow bone - keeping it subtle. The taupe shade is beautiful and a great close dupe for MAC's famous Satin Taupe. Also, love the matte brown shade. It's pretty much the must have matte brown shade every girl should have in their collection.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2011 7:01:00 PM More reviews by Parioftroy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Overall, this product is okay. The pigmentation on three of the four colors is great, but the shimmery taupe-y color has very little pigmentation. I still sometimes wear it, but I pretty much have to dig my brush in it and pack it on. The off-white is okay, but not as pigmented as, say, Revlon Colorstay "Vintage Lace". The copper and dark brown are super pigmented, and a little goes a long way. The packaging is a little cheap and the clear plastic lid has broken off. However, I have the old quad with equal size pans, so the new packaging might be sturdier.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2011 5:37:00 PM More reviews by specialribbons

These are super cheap, but I wouldn't call them good value. The pigmentation is not great, even on the liner shade. The only shade that I would even consider purchasing the palette for is the shimmery taupe color, unfortunately it also comes with the smallest pan -.-
The packaging is nothing special. Typical drugstore plastic cheap packaging. Easily broken of dropped.
I won't be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2011 10:29:00 PM More reviews by Gracielaelizabeth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So I went to Walmart after watching a ton of makeup tutorials and reviews using this eye quad, and got it for only 3 dollars because it was on sale. That's very cheap for me.. Over all this product will create a nice, natural, smoky look. My favorite color in this quad is the color that is similar to MACS satin taupe. It's really pretty to look at and imagine on your eye.. But I find myself applying it with brush like hundreds of times to get it to show up good and then sometimes I give up and use my finger. After I while it looks alright, but to me it's not as shimmery as it looks in the package. I also like the dark brown color. It's so pigmented, and doesn't have much fallout. Blends easily. But a color I use instead of this one sometimes is Too Faced sexpresso.. They look alike but sexpresso is warmer. I also like the highlight which is a vanilla-ish color. Its so sheer, but i think its very pretty. Maybelline made a very nice quad, but it just doesn't work for me like it does for others.. I have to apply so many layers which I really just don't like.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2011 1:40:00 PM More reviews by harls321

I am impressed by the quality of these shadows. They blend easily and have good pigmentation. The colors are a gorgeous taupey brown eye. I would definitely buy again!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2011 1:35:00 AM More reviews by kathrynb23

I purchased this over a year ago during their annual 50% of sale at Kmart.
I'll give them credit for being cheap, but that's about it. I found these shadows useless, fades quickly, bad pigmentation. Uncertain about crease and folds because these fades soo quickly, they dont even get a chance to crease or fold.
These are good for initially practicing or getting started with eye shadow, colours are all just standard, nothing incredible. I did find these really chalky.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2011 3:45:00 PM More reviews by manvisudan87

Dis is d best eyeshadow...i mean cheap n best n shade is all nude everyday use...must buy

rated 3 of 5 on 7/2/2011 3:23:00 PM More reviews by mgm98

I dont wear eyeshadow alot. so when i do i just buy drugstore shadow cuz if i buy expensive makeup i will never use it up and i can just throw away cheap makeup. i though it was ok. if i was grown up and wore eyeshadow alot i would invest in good quality one and would not buy it again. but since im just a teen and only wear it alittle and constantly need different shades and tones for occasions i think its a good product. i wish it wasnt as um "powdery" it just kinda flakes off, i wish it had more to it... i dont know maybe it need to be creamier. but thats watcha get for drug store makeup.