Maybelline Stylish Smokes in Natural Smokes

on 2/2/2012 2:46:00 PM

The palette is OK, nothing to rave about. The color payoff is is really low, the colors are nice, but you're going to have a hard time transferring that to your lid, all the colors are sheer, and if you like the taupey color in the palette, just buy satin taupe by MAC. your better off.

on 1/24/2012 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

natural smokes in maybelline is a verry nice eye shadows palette. It contains: a dark matte brown, a light matte cream,a shimmery brown-copper,a medium shimmery taupe.goes on smoothly on the application,it stays on long, just enought color to do a more natural look,just enought shimmers to bring some light to the eyes!love it!

on 12/21/2011 1:01:00 PM

I bought this palette due to a sale at ULTA. I didn't think much of it until I used it and I thought it is terrific! The colors are easily blendable and highly pigmented!

The darkest "liner" color, I'll use on my eyebrows and I'll also use the liner color wet to line my eyes to set it as a base before I put on my eyeliner. LOVE IT and I'm such a newb at smokey eye and I think this palette helped a lot.

The only additional item I used is MUD's Butterscotch as a highlight.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I like this palette. I use the dark brown matte color to fill in my brows. The pigmentation is alright. I like that the highlight color is a matte bone color. It helps when blending out the eyeshadow. The gray color is pretty nice. I recently used it alone when I was rushing out the door. It gives a nice definition to your eye. I love the shimmery brown color. It looks so pretty on the crease. I enjoy this palette. I believe I paid around $4.50 for it. I have the older palette that comes with the eye shadow in the same size. I'm not too crazy about the newer packaging. If I find the same palette once I run out, I will repurchase. I do wish I could find the dark matte color as a single. I love it for my brows. The packaging is pretty cheap, but that's to be expected I suppose.

on 12/7/2011 7:14:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I don't know what all the fuss is about... These eyeshadows are below average. If you are like me and you are mainly interested in the shimmery taupe eyeshadow in the quad I urge you to look the other way... That shadow has no pigmentation whatsoever, it contains some chunky glitter particles that create a ton of fall out. I need to swipe my brush over the shadow 4 or 5 times in order to get it to look decent... Not great... But decent..... Also the shimmery chocolate brown isn't that great either, while it does not create any fallout, it does lack pigmentation, i need to battle with it in order to get good color payoff. The lightest cream color is ok...a little powdery but better than the other 2. The only other color that I like and that I use is the matte dark expresso brown. Contrary to the 3 previous shades, this one blends so well, has excellent color payoff off and actually looks true to the color in the pan. So really if your only interested in that matte brown, then I would say maybe buy this quad? But really a good deep matte brown can be found with any brand so it isn't worth it to buy this whole quad for that one shadow. So yes, this quad is definetley a fail in my book.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this quad! I actually like a lot of maybelline eyeshadows. they have come a long way form the crapy formula I remember when I first started getting into makeup. I find them to be very good quality these days. Natural Smokes is one of my favorites.

I am more into neutral/natural looks, so to me, this quad is more of a glam look then a natural look - that begin said, it isn't too harsh or anything, so I can wear this during the day and not feel all made up. It acutally comes out lighter on my skin then I expected it to. In the pan all the colors look very dark, but the lid shade is actually sheer.

I love the lid shade! It has such a pretty shimmer to it and I just love! And if you are a taupe lover, I do not think you will be disappointed. Although it is sheer, a sticky base and packing the color on with the sponge will make it show up darker. I like to wear this shade alone as a wash on the lid sometimes. In this quad, this color has the largest dip. I love the quad for this shade alone. The only thing is, the shimmers do have some fall out in this shade, but it's not too bad -- not like, say, UD's glitter fall out!

As a quad, I like this set. I like how it has a verity of finishes rather then all just shimmer like a lot of other drugstore eyeshadows - it really helps give it some depth. It is also versatile. You can wear is sheer for daytime, or really pack on the colors and intensify it with the darks. I do think they blend well and wear very well (although I always wear SOME kind of base). I find I use this a lot around the holidays or events where I want to be a bit more dolled up then usual, but not formal- like parties or nice dinners. this + falsies is sort of my go-to for those kinds of events if I dont feel like trying anything new.

Overall, very impressed! I would for sure buy again if need be.

on 11/10/2011 6:22:00 PM

not very natural looking but pretty shades of brown and has a nice shine to it! it can come off very easily but i still love it because the colors go together VERY nicely

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Well letís see:

- The taupe colour has a lot of fallout and am constantly having to brush away a lot of glitter underneath my eyes.
-The taupe and maroonish colour are really hard to pack onto your brush; you have to really dig in to get a decent amount.
- If you are dark skinned like me, you may find the taupe colour hard to see, so I suggest packing on NYX Jumbo pencil Milk on beforehand, which did a whole lot of difference for me.
- I find it very cool toned, and I am very warm-toned, thus I find it very muddy-looking on me sometimes.

And for that last last reason alone, is why I wouldn't buy it again. Yes it's pigmented and the colours complement each other, and it is easy to travel with, but I believe there are better quality eyeshadows out there. Also, Maybelline tests on animals! Boo!

on 10/6/2011 6:03:00 PM

Love this quad! For those if you who said this fades easily, you need to use a good primer first. Don't just apply on bare lids! Then throw away the applicators and invest in some good makeup brushes I promise the results will be different! Love love love this!!!

This easily became one of my favorite drugstore eyeshadow quads when I first got it. I think this quad would work great for beginners - it was one of my first and I learned through using this.
Although the eyeshadows are not extremely pigmented, they are easily build-able and blend great! It worked great for everyday and even nights out, as it is a great neutral quad.
The matte shade is great for highlighting the brow bone - keeping it subtle. The taupe shade is beautiful and a great close dupe for MAC's famous Satin Taupe. Also, love the matte brown shade. It's pretty much the must have matte brown shade every girl should have in their collection.