December 19, 2014 | 1470 users online

Liquid - Boots - Lifting & Firming Foundation SPF 15 [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2011 10:12:00 PM More reviews by starlette17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is definitely one of the best foundations I've tried! It has a creamy consistency and blends extremely well, I would say it's a medium coverage foundation. I use a Beauty blender sponge I got from Sonia Kashuk for a flawless finish. This foundation is a little bit more pricey than some drugstore foundations but it is worth the extra few dollars. I have combo/oily skin and as long as I use primer (Bare Escentuals Prime TIme) and a dusting of powder over (Sephora mineral pressed powder or Bare Minerals matte) it lasts pretty long. I use the color 15 Nude and it is a great match for my light to medium skin tone. I don't really know how much it "lifts and firms" since I don't have many fine lines or anything but the look it gives is really nice and I highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2011 8:01:00 AM More reviews by Moonchitaa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Good grief- this is truly the BEST foundation I have EVER used! Ive pretty much tried them all and so far my favourites were chantecaille future skin and La mer cream foundation. Not anymore! This is better than both of those high end ones put together- who would have thought?- certainly not me. I would say this foundation offers medium coverage and it gives a luminous, dewy effect. It reminds me a little of the revlon skin lights line that has since been discontinued. Anyway, it truly does lift and firm and for those who are concerned with diminishing the appearance of fine lines- you need this foundation- it literally takes years off. My skin appears plumper, glowy, lifted and luminous when I wear this and I actually can't stop looking at myself in the mirror (H has started to call me magpie because I am drawn to any shiny surface lol).
Bear in mind that my skin is combination and very dry on the cheek area so I am not sure how someone would find this foundation if their skin was super oily as you definitely do not get a matte effect from this product. I do find that I have to use a little powder on my nose to eliminate the shine. It also appears very light going on and it doesn't feel like you are wearing a heavy base which I also like- I like my skin to be able to breathe. Ive found it also wears very well and doesn't budge for the entire day which is another reason I am very impressed. I actually feel a little embarrassed that I've been such a makeup snob for the past few years and have always stayed away from Boots own brand as I always presumed that high end and more expensive is better. I admit it, I was wrong- you CAN get superb results from cheaper brands and this product is a prime example of how a medium range brand can completely out-perform their high end equivalents. If you want to look younger, with a dewy, fresh and beautiful complexion buy this product. You won't be disappointed :)

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2011 8:56:00 PM More reviews by BreezyKiss

Best drugstore foundation I have ever used- hands down. I have used just about every drugstore foundation you can think of. This stuff blows them all out of the water. Pump-yes Coverage- Medium-Full Moisturizing-Yes! This stuff is really great. I love it so much. It covers my acne, my redness, and blueness I have under my eyes. I pair it with Maybelline's Matte Powder and it never comes off shiny(EVEN AFTER 8 HRS), yet it is also moisturizing enough to equalize out any dry spots you may have! AWESOME FOUNDATION LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2011 4:07:00 PM More reviews by ballerinabooty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a beautiful foundation! For starters, I am usually a N20 on the MAC scale, and Boots seems to run dark -- at least for what Target offers in store -- I purchased 010 New Ivory (the lightest available). It's a great neutral color, which I think would work for warm and cool light skin tones.

The packaging is awesome, looks really high end - frosted glass bottle, pump top - nice! The formula seems sort of liquidy. It's easy to blend and you get a good amount of time before it dries to where you might have dabbed some (lookin' at you, NARS sheer glow...). It doesn't seem to oxidize throughout the day either. My skin can be somewhat fickle - so far (2 weeks later) I haven't experienced any issues. Product is scent-free too.

I find that I can apply this product a few ways - latex makeup sponge, fingers or duo-fibre brush. The sponge and fingers give a natural finish whereas the brush creates a more airbrushed appearance - I like that for workdays and such. I have been setting it with Coastal Scents silica powder so I can't comment much on oil breakthrough - this pair seems to be a winning combo at keeping shine away. I am so glad I tried this foundation - it really does seem like a luxe product at a really great price! (Purchased at Target for $14, IIRC).

EDIT 12/16/2011---This product consistently causes breakouts on my forehead. I will not be using this anymore, such a shame.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2011 11:59:00 PM More reviews by moesi

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

As a makeup artist, I've now been using this product for several weeks in my kit. Keep in mind that I apply makeup to others, not myself so I can't really give comments on how it feels or what it looks like after 10 hours. Typically, I see the makeup for about 6 hours from the point that I applied the foundation, so what happens after that is just an unknown to me most of the time.

My initial impressions are really positive. The finish is just the perfect amount of sheen, somewhere just shy of dewy. It reminds me of Armani Luminous Glow without the luminizer in it. (I previously thought you could mix Boots luminizer in to get a similar finish, however, I now feel it compromises the durability and recommend that you not mix those two products together)

It applies quite differently than the Armani, maybe somewhere between Smashbox Studio Skin and MUFE HD, not as thin as the former but not as heavy as the latter. Similarly, to both of those mentioned and most other silicone based foundations I've used, it has a tendency to settle into deeper creases/wrinkles during application, so having the correct color is quite important. I've read a few negative comments from other users regarding how it made them feel as if they look older due to that issue, but I find that so long as the color matches well it isn't an issue.

The big thing that I love about this product is also it's big weakness. The colors are amazing for those hard to match skin tones with lots of yellow and, for darker tones, orange. I run into people with these skin tones a lot, but haven't really had anything to apply that I felt was a good match with a desirable amount of coverage and sheen (I find MUFE HD to be too matte for some complexions and Armani to be too sheer and luminized). Unfortunately, they don't have a lot of other tones which is a shame with such a good foundation, but I suppose I've got those covered with other products. The tones mostly range well to the yellow side of NC tones from MAC with a couple that go perhaps to the neutral range and a couple that are right in the NC range. The Boots colors also run along the lines of the yellow and orange tones from MUFE HD and is also a dead ringer for the yellow and orange tones of Armani. For drug store shoppers this is extremely rare and I have to give Boots credit for supplying a good product to an otherwise under-served customer base.

The bottom line is that I feel this product really looks as good as any foundation I've tried (Dior, Smashbox, Armani, MAC, Nars, FACE Atelier, L'Oreal and a whole hose of others) and costs a fraction of what most of them cost. It seems to wear well, better than average even compared to more expensive products. The coverage is really good which means you don't need to use a ton of product, not full but a solid medium coverage. The packaging is really top notch compared to other similarly priced products. I dinged the product a lip for the lack of color range, but otherwise it would be a 5 (now revised to 5 after further use and being even more impressed).

UPDATE:
I'm still really liking what I see, however there is a small amount of luminizer sparkle in there. It's really only detectable in direct sun and is subtle/elegant, so I don't see it as a big negative. If you have some sort of sensitivity to luminizers (metal I assume), then it should be know that there do appear to be trace amounts (Alumina I believe as per the ingredients). I don't feel this makes any difference as to my opinion about the product. It really looks great, I just want to let those who may have sensitivities to metal know that it is in there. There is really only a minimal glittery look in direct sun, but minimal is the key word. You won't look glittery with this product. In that way, I think it looks even more similar to the Armani that I originally thought, with quite a bit more coverage and a lower price. I hope to add photos sometime in the next week or two.
UPDATE NUMBER 2:
I've used this foundation on about a dozen photoshoots (after an initial testing period) with perhaps 20 models of differing skin types. I have to say it still amazes me every time I use it. The finish is superb and I have found that I can go through a 6 hour set without having to powder, no matter the skin type. While I haven't tried it on anyone extremely oily, I don't see any reason why this foundation won't work for them. It just lasts and lasts!
One thing I would caution is to keep powder minimal. This foundation seems to work best if left alone or very minimally set with powder. It is very slow drying, which makes it easy to work with, but try to avoid the temptation to set it with a lot of powder. I find a quick stipple of some MAC Prep and Prime Trans. powder is perfect, but only the absolute minimum amount. This foundation is a bit dewy, so if you don't like a little bit of shine, you should move on. Let it be a bit shiny, it won't generally get any shinier through the day.
It really is impressive that this foundation works on just about any skin type, from very dry to oily. Again, I wish the color selection were better, but I found a work-around for those who don't mind mixing. Temptu silicone based color adjusters work perfectly in this foundation (they even smell the same!) and allow you to get just about any color you could want. I'm still so impressed that I'm upping the rating to five lips!
Best foundation I've used and given the long list that is no small statement. I have a kit with half a dozen much more expensive foundations and this is the one I now reach for the most (haven't touch MUFE HD in weeks!).

26 out of 26 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2011 9:49:00 PM More reviews by Popcornshrimp

This is the first time I've bought a Boots product and I really like it. I bought it in the darkest shade because I'm kinda delusional when it comes to how tan I am haha. When I first tried it, it came out like water...thought it was just how Boots products were...but after the 2nd pump or so it became the texture of liquid makeup we all are use to ( give it some shakes also helps). I'm like 2 shades lighter than what I actually bought. It's hard to tell in the store because you can't actually open up the box to see what it looks like, all you get to see is the color swatch which are misleading most of the time and my skin color changes day to day depending on tanning beds or self tanner. I got the darkest shade because it's easier to fix than having too light of a shade. When I put it on you can clearly see that I'm not that dark so it takes blending but not anymore than other foundations. I was scared at first because I looked way way to dark, but after a few minutes it settled and looked good with blush and bronzer added. I think it goes on more flawlessly and glowy if you dip the foundation brush in spring water (we have well water so I just grabbed some bottled water) then blend with the foundation. As for lifting and firming...I have been using this for about 2 months and don't notice anything. If the main reason you want to buy it is for those reasons, you should probably look elsewhere like the Revlon DNA (I have not tried it on my face but Kmart had a display and I put it on my hand and it was kind of the texture of concealer not really creamy) or Infallible visible lift one (I used it, does help a smidgen and looks nice but my skin did not like it made me get bumps). Would I buy again? Yes if something else doesn't grab my attention because I like trying the 'new and exciting' products that come out. Also it doesn't bother my skin at all so that's another plus.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2011 2:10:00 PM More reviews by Beege25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation is amazing! It gives medium coverage with a beautiful finish - a bit of a dewy glow. It lasts well. Try it! You will not regret it!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2011 1:07:00 AM More reviews by llanni669

I never really used foundation before I found this stuff. I tried a lot of department store stuff, including: Makeup Forever HD Foundation, numerous Mac foundations, Dior etc and then many from the drugstores. All of them either seemed to be a waste of my money or made me look cakey and overdone. I saw this and decided on a whim to try it out and couldn;t believe how much better it was than any foundation I've ever tried. My skin looks sooo smooth and even, although it doesn't do a great job at covering up my occasional pimple so beware to those who break out often! I use this with a transluscent powder and it lasts me from morning to night and still looks great on my combination skin. Will keep buying again until anything better comes my way :]
EDIT: okay so i realized everything in the Boots line was making me break out like CRAZY. i suggested it to my best friend before i realized what was making me break out and she started breaking out so bad she needed to get medicine from the doctor! beware of whatever they put in their products! good stuff for coverage but omg not worth it!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2011 8:40:00 AM More reviews by gina2328

This foundation works really great for me and I find myself reaching for it daily because it is a great color match, and it covers my red marks well. I am a NW 20 in the face and a NC15-20 in the neck and I purchased the Vanilla shade. The texture is a nice satin finish. I like to go with a more yellow foundation to counteract the redness in my face to match my neck and I have a lot of acne scars and the yellow foundations help to minimize those.

This foundation lasts pretty much all day. I do need to wear a bit of concealer to cover some scarring. The only downside is lately it seems a bit difficult to blend with my flat foundation brush. I like that it has a pump dispenser and I need just about one pump to cover my whole face so it is very economical so it should last a long time. The bottle also has a very tight cap which is great for travel. I plan to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2011 2:13:00 AM More reviews by carefreedv

I got this in Nude and it matches my NC 20-25 skin quite perfectly. It does have a yellow undertone so pinker tones beware. It's creamy, light weight, and long wearing. Overall very impressed with how smooth and even my skin looks after using this foundation. It has a satin-dewy finish and topped off with my Palladio Rice Powder it stays on all day.