Lavanila The Healthy Deodorant

3.3

on 1/28/2014 3:45:00 PM

I love this deodorant, hands down. This year I have tried to switch from cheap drugstore skin items that are full of harsh chemicals, to natural skin loving products. As many people have mentioned, sometimes reapplication is necessary. But it works so well for me I don't mind re-applying. The scent is fabulous, quite a bit of product for the price, and pretty packaging.

on 1/28/2014 3:23:00 PM

I love this deodorant- I use the vanilla passionfruit scent. Pros- this stuff smells amazing, and I like that it's natural and has no aluminum. Cons- it's not a heavy-duty product, is on the expensive side for a deodorant, and does not last all day on me. It was a bit of an adjustment at first, but I found the trick to using this (and other natural deodorants) deodorant is that you have to reapply mid-day to stay odor free all day. You will also need to reapply right before the gym or physical activity so the product holds up through sweating. As a warning to others, because this is a deodorant and not an anti-perspirant, it does not stop moisture or sweating, if that's what you're after. All in all though, a good product. I've been using this for about 3 years or so with good results, and I'll continue to use it.

on 1/28/2014 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was a bit nervous to see if this works, but I left the house and hoped for the best. The first week I was mostly impressed. I had to knock it down a notch because the scent fades so fast after applying, and this works on and off. Some days it works, others it doesn't. Since it's not consistent, I won't buy it again. Perhaps if they'd made the scent more long lasting, no one would notice a smell at the end of the day. Maybe people who love natural deodorants are used to a little odor, but I need my deodorant to work full time. Especially when it's a rip off of $14. At that price you can buy a high end deodorant.

on 1/2/2014 1:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

THIS IS THE BEST! I use it mid day for a little under arm pick me up. I realized how much I loved it when the other day, hours after I applied it I kept smelling something so awesome and I am not trolling, it took me a few to figure out it was me. I use the regular Vanilla scent. I don't think I could use this as is though, I need a deo with anti perspirant. If they made this with anti persprirant I would be so happy.

on 9/11/2013 3:13:00 AM

I purchased this because I heard from a few people that this was a natural deodorant which actually worked. Well, I should have known that there is no substitution for chemicals because this simply did not make the cut; not even close.

I don't sweat and I don't smell so I thought that this would have worked like a charm. Nope. Initially I was hesitant to buy it after the mixed bag of reviews: some love it, some hate it. Well, I'll be quite frank in saying it doesn't work for me and I live in one of the coldest places in the US that sees the least amount of sunshine. There are days where I forget to put deodorant on and will not notice until I get home but I won't smell. I feel like this honestly makes me reek after 4 hours. I wanted to believe in the "healthy deodorant" claim. I wanted to believe that I had found a substitution for all of the harsh chemicals and parabens found in mass commercialized products but so far? Nothing.

As far as the application goes, despite it being a solid it will take a few minutes to dry after being applied. I purchased the Coconut Vanilla scent (which smells vaguely of coconut vanilla but smells more like herbs). I stayed odor and sweat free for 3 hours and then began to notice something was up which is odd for someone who doesn't sweat and lives in a place which is perpetually rainy and roughly 50 degrees. I then reapplied the deodorant and it lasted another 3 hours. If I don't reapply, it's as if I hadn't showered for 2 days. That's how badly it smells.

Overall: go to Whole Foods or PCC and find natural deodorants that will undoubtedly work better than this unless you get off on buying an overpriced $14 deodorant from Sephora but hey, it's your money not mine. It smells nice, the solid was soothing and never broke out my skin but it simply does not work for me. If it works for you I'm jealous.

on 8/26/2013 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Where has this stuff been on my life? Clearly ... sitting on the shelf at Sephora, waving at me while I walk right past! Won't be doing that again! I purchased the Vanilla Coconut scent (it smells wonderful - to each their own I suppose, since some reviewers absolutely hate this scent) I think it's refreshing and subtle. I was actually reluctant to purchase this stuff (since it is quite pricey) and with the mixed reviews - I was skeptical. But! To my surprise, it works! It really does. I stay dry all day - and get a nice little hint of its lovely scent once in awhile when I raise my arm, lol. It will transfer white marks on dark fabrics BADLY when you first put it on, like most white deodorants, it needs time to dry. Great product and worth every penny. I just wish it was easier to find here in Canada ... I am not always close to a Sephora :(

on 8/25/2013 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Great product but only recommended for a mild sweater.

on 8/15/2013 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It's pricey but it lasts a while. The smell is good. It dries clear and it works for me! It's healthy or organic or all natural. "Regular" or unnatural deodorants can lead to diseases such as Alzheimer's disease, etc. so I definitely made the switch to this when I heard about that. It's an awesome product! I like that the cap is a twist one. It keeps it extra safe! Sometimes you gotta pay a little more for a better product. Worth the money. Your worth the money. It's for your hygiene and health!!!

on 8/15/2013 5:25:00 PM

Are they kidding? Seriously, this deodorant is not worth one dollar. I was so excited to try it. I ordered a sample size. I applied it the same day and lo and behold... I smelled wretched by the end of the day. I sweat right through the deodorant (it was not even that hot) and it was as if I never applied deodorant. What a rip off. I think Tom's of Maine would be a better investment.

on 8/9/2013 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I would not buy this product again. The scent was really pleasant but the product did not do it's job. It didn't help with sweat stains, odour control or anything else.

My product dried up within 2 months.