April 16, 2014 | 1705 users online

Deodorants - Lavanila - The Healthy Deodorant

rated 1 of 5 on 7/30/2012 2:27:00 PM More reviews by xine_07

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really wanted to like this. I purchased the Vanilla Coconut scent at Sephora. The cashier advised me that when first using the product I would think it doesn't work. She said to use it for a few weeks to allow my body time to expel the residue of chemical deodorants. It's been 3 weeks and I find I need to apply it a few times a day. I work in a cool office environment and by early afternoon I can smell myself. I'll be going back to non-natural deodorant.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2012 7:12:00 PM More reviews by seenenough

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was using the grapefruit vanilla scent. It smelled nice but didn't last that long. I had to bring it with me in my purse so I could reapply it once or twice throughout the day. Plus it was messy and got on my clothes so not good for sleeveless or black clothes. Not to mention it's pretty expensive, and though it doesn't contain aluminum, it's not a totally "clean" product. It worked better than other natural deodorants I tried, but I'm still looking for something better.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2012 8:13:00 PM More reviews by staci01

Been using the Lavender Vanilla scent. I have a love hate relationship with this stuff. Alone with a couple swipes per arm it doesn't work very well and I'm a bit funky in an hour with no strenuous activity. If I back this up by first applying some tea tree oil to my underarms then it lasts for 6 or so hours. If I back this up with tea tree oil and apply the deodorant to my underarms almost as if I'm applying frosting to a cake? Then, yes, it works well. lol! Seriously though I need to really swipe this puppy onto my skin to get it to work. I know that there is tea tree in this deodorant but it's not sufficient. I've read often that applying essential oils directly to the skin isn't a good thing to do but I've not found a better alternative. So I might buy again and might not. Looking at the ingredients I see that cornstarch is listed and that's a bit concerning. Earlier this year I scoured the net looking for DIY deodorant recipes and learned that though cornstarch is great for spreadability it's not good for odor control. Cornstarch is made from corn and it contains sugars. The germies on our skin like to eat sugars and that causes odor and the cornstarch sugars contributes to extra funk so the use of cornstarch is contributing to the problem so many people are having. I can say positively though that the scent of this deodorant is great! Very clean and a bit herbal IMO. I think that men could wear this one also if they dare.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/18/2012 7:42:00 PM More reviews by mizlord

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Bottom line: it's just not effective. Not NEARLY as effective as a crystal deodorant. 2 stars for a quite nice scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2012 4:11:00 PM More reviews by rosegirl11

This is a fantastic product! I have looked endlessly for a natural deodorant that really works and finally I found one! I apply it once in the morning and then usually again before I go out at night and it works perfect. I have the pure vanilla, but after reading the reviews, I can't wait to buy the vanilla coconut. I have all of my friends hooked on this!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2012 11:50:00 AM More reviews by browneyessmiles

I got this in the $10 mini size from Sephora as I wanted to try it out. (The mini size only comes in the Lavender scent). I liked the scent, but as reviewers below it is a deodorant, not an anti-persperant. It made me realize that the product I'm actually looking for is an anti-persperant. This is an okay product, but pricey.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2012 5:08:00 PM More reviews by retrotrash82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I feel it necessary to note that this is a deodorant, not an anti-perspirant; by definition, it will not keep you from sweating, but it will keep you smelling wonderful! I bought this in the Vanilla Passionfruit scent a few weeks ago, and switched over from my usual Secret brand. Right off the bat, this was heaven on my underarms- it did not produce the same dry, itchy feeling that Secret, Degree, and Dove produced. I have also noticed a reduction in irritation in response to shaving, like fewer razor bumps, ingrown hairs, and so on. I will say that yes, this is definitely a "re-apply" type product, for which I have taken off one lippy. However, I've found combining my Secret unscented (clinical one) every other day, with this as my everyday helps to alleviate some sweating. All in all, I really do like this product- it smells wonderful, is easy on my underarms, the packaging is sturdy, but easy to maneuver, and the natural aspect is nice too!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/4/2012 8:58:00 PM More reviews by missmelodyskye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this because I read great reviews on Sephora and watched great reviews on Youtube, but this stuff SUCKS! I am one of those people who cannot use "commercial" deodorants like Suave, Secret, etc because it makes my armpits break out and itch, so I am always on the look out for different natural deodorants. I was a little taken aback by the price (18$) but figured it would be worth it if it worked. WRONG. This stuff doesn't work at all! My job is very sedentary but if I so much as get up to use the restroom with this deodorant on, I start to reek! The smell of this stuff (plain Vanilla) is also kind of weird. I liked it initially but after awhile it starts smelling like a gross baby powder smell. Even if this did work, I really don't understand why they have to charge nearly twenty dollars for a deodorant. The only "pluses" this product has is that the packaging is cute and it didn't break my armpits out.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2012 11:28:00 PM More reviews by stephanieee

to be honest, i really don't have a problem with b.o. or pit stains or anything. just some slightly uncomfortable dampness is all. however, i like smelling fresh and being dry so i'll put on some when i know i'll be moving around a lot. my problem is a lot of normal deodorants (secret, degree, and some dove) will give me a terrible reaction where my pits crack and bleed (ouch). the only deodorant that was perfect for me was teen spirit but i can't find it anywhere :(. the term 'healthy deodorant' is what drew me and lead me to believe that this would be effective, yet gentle on my sensitive pits. what sold me was the smell. i picked up the vanilla coconut and oh my god.. heaven. i can't stop smelling myself. to me, it comes across as a vanilla cake with a powdery essence to it. i love it. the only thing i don't love is how it does show up very white at first and will transfer onto clothing. and an $18 price tag doesn't please me either but i smell delicious and i'm not in pain. i'm going to see how long this lasts me and then decide if i'll actually buy it again. if it only lasts me a month then unfortunately, as much as i love it, there's no way i will allow myself to continue to purchase this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2012 1:34:00 PM More reviews by Gingerbelle8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I love the smell of this deodorant but sadly it does nothing for my stinky pits. :( I love looking for more safer alternatives to help with my nasty body odour issue, but usually they don't even work. Also, this really stains black clothes...so that's no good.