October 31, 2014 | 933 users online

Deodorants - Lavanila - The Healthy Deodorant

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2013 10:22:00 PM More reviews by racheldedo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It's pricey but it lasts a while. The smell is good. It dries clear and it works for me! It's healthy or organic or all natural. "Regular" or unnatural deodorants can lead to diseases such as Alzheimer's disease, etc. so I definitely made the switch to this when I heard about that. It's an awesome product! I like that the cap is a twist one. It keeps it extra safe! Sometimes you gotta pay a little more for a better product. Worth the money. Your worth the money. It's for your hygiene and health!!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2013 5:25:00 PM More reviews by alina08

Are they kidding? Seriously, this deodorant is not worth one dollar. I was so excited to try it. I ordered a sample size. I applied it the same day and lo and behold... I smelled wretched by the end of the day. I sweat right through the deodorant (it was not even that hot) and it was as if I never applied deodorant. What a rip off. I think Tom's of Maine would be a better investment.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/9/2013 3:20:00 PM More reviews by ckyc122

I would not buy this product again. The scent was really pleasant but the product did not do it's job. It didn't help with sweat stains, odour control or anything else.

My product dried up within 2 months.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/2/2013 12:42:00 AM More reviews by saffronia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love Lavanila fragrances. I do not love or even remotely like the deodorant. Underarm sweating has never been a huge problem for me so the fact that is wasn't an antiperspirant was not an issue. What the issue ended up being was the stink-factor. Woah-nelly! I almost hurled when I did a "pit-check." Also, possibly due to some of the herbal ingredients that aren't the most direct skin contact-friendly, I developed some red bumps. Big fail for me. I will continue to use the fragrances though! In summary: deodorant smelled lovely, felt cooling going on, left very minimal white marks on clothes, but ultimately did not behave as I believe a deodorant should (for my body chemistry at least).

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2013 2:43:00 AM More reviews by Xrysali12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great smell. Safe but sometimes doesn't do a strong enough job so if you have major odor issues you might need something stronger.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/27/2013 1:49:00 AM More reviews by Graciegirl2

The Worst crap ever! I purchased the vanilla coconut on-line. Big Mistake! smelled horrible, kind of like rancid playdough if I had to guess. I would never ever recommend this to anyone. I wouldn't even give this away to my sister.... I threw it away. Way too Expensive for such a cheap smelling product. Basically wasted 18 bucks! Very surprised at the good reviews.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2013 3:12:00 PM More reviews by aqua76239

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I used regular deodorant for years but after moving to the state with tropical weather, I suddenly started developing irritation under my arms hence my search for natural deodorant. Mine is basic vanilla fragrance but I didn't care for it-it smelled kind of medicinal to me. However, it does keep you from smelling bad. Here is the thing-I walk to work and other places a lot so with this deodorant, I was still sweating(because its not anti perspirant) but I didn't smell. Although this is not cheap but out of all natural deodorants, this one seem to be the best of the lot

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2013 1:05:00 PM More reviews by mybeadifullife

I have gone through 4 of these, so I have been using them for some time. It is important to note that these are deodorants, but not antiperspirants. They do not prevent you from sweating, they keep your from smelling.

I love the vanilla blackberry scent the best, i find the vanilla grapefruit is a little strong on first application. i was looking for a natural deodorant. and these do work really well for me. i do not sweat a lot normally. i don't have any odor problems with these, and they all smell really fresh.

a word of caution, don't get the travel size ones, i found they dried up really fast for some reason, but the big sizes don't. that's why i knocked off a lippie for the packaging.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/11/2013 8:51:00 PM More reviews by lemonz4us

This smelled really nice but it didn't last at all
If i didn't do anything all day, i wouldn't smell badly but let's be real, no one lives like that in reality. If i moved around or god forbid, sweat ! this would wear off as if i had not put on deodorant at all, like AT ALL; i would still smell sour if i were sweating with no deodorant on. it also left white marks and powder in my armpit hair (i'm male). i ended up returning it. I think i'll just buy the grapefruit fragrance instead.
If this does work for you, however, good news for you, Lavanila lowered the price of the full size from 18 to 14$

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2013 9:53:00 PM More reviews by Twiga

This is a natural deodorant - not an antiperspirant. It doesn't have any anti-bacterial ingredients, as far as I am aware, either. So you have to keep your expectations in check! It will not keep you from sweating, and it will not hold odours at bay for multiple days - that's what showers and facecloths are for!
That said, I really like this product. I like to layer it over crystal deodorant, and it feels soothing and has a nice scent. However, I do find it expensive, so I don't wear it every day.