August 1, 2014 | 1217 users online

Deodorants - Lavanila - The Healthy Deodorant

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2013 3:12:00 PM More reviews by aqua76239

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I used regular deodorant for years but after moving to the state with tropical weather, I suddenly started developing irritation under my arms hence my search for natural deodorant. Mine is basic vanilla fragrance but I didn't care for it-it smelled kind of medicinal to me. However, it does keep you from smelling bad. Here is the thing-I walk to work and other places a lot so with this deodorant, I was still sweating(because its not anti perspirant) but I didn't smell. Although this is not cheap but out of all natural deodorants, this one seem to be the best of the lot

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2013 1:05:00 PM More reviews by mybeadifullife

I have gone through 4 of these, so I have been using them for some time. It is important to note that these are deodorants, but not antiperspirants. They do not prevent you from sweating, they keep your from smelling.

I love the vanilla blackberry scent the best, i find the vanilla grapefruit is a little strong on first application. i was looking for a natural deodorant. and these do work really well for me. i do not sweat a lot normally. i don't have any odor problems with these, and they all smell really fresh.

a word of caution, don't get the travel size ones, i found they dried up really fast for some reason, but the big sizes don't. that's why i knocked off a lippie for the packaging.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/11/2013 8:51:00 PM More reviews by lemonz4us

This smelled really nice but it didn't last at all
If i didn't do anything all day, i wouldn't smell badly but let's be real, no one lives like that in reality. If i moved around or god forbid, sweat ! this would wear off as if i had not put on deodorant at all, like AT ALL; i would still smell sour if i were sweating with no deodorant on. it also left white marks and powder in my armpit hair (i'm male). i ended up returning it. I think i'll just buy the grapefruit fragrance instead.
If this does work for you, however, good news for you, Lavanila lowered the price of the full size from 18 to 14$

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2013 9:53:00 PM More reviews by Twiga

This is a natural deodorant - not an antiperspirant. It doesn't have any anti-bacterial ingredients, as far as I am aware, either. So you have to keep your expectations in check! It will not keep you from sweating, and it will not hold odours at bay for multiple days - that's what showers and facecloths are for!
That said, I really like this product. I like to layer it over crystal deodorant, and it feels soothing and has a nice scent. However, I do find it expensive, so I don't wear it every day.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2013 1:23:00 PM More reviews by katygrapes

First of all I am the pickiest person when it comes to deodorant. I've been on an endless deodorant hunt for what seems like years. However, this deodorant besides being quite expensive, is the first deodorant I hands down adore. I first bought this about two years ago and only recently purchased it again because I was hesitant of it's price. Last time I owned this deodorant it lasted a little longer than two months before I hit pan on this. The scent I purchased was the vanilla coconut scent and it's such a soothing scent it's a mix of baby powder, vanilla, and coconut. It's super long lasting and I love the stick applicator because spray irritates my skin and roll on seems very unhygienic to me. I give this a ten seriously holy grail deodorant!!! <3

rated 1 of 5 on 3/19/2013 12:18:00 PM More reviews by cookielicious82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I live in the UK so I had a friend send it to me from the USA. I was excited to use it and it smelt lovely but thats about it. It leaves white marks all over my clothes. It has no deodrant properties and i was very dissapointed considering the price point.

I do not recommend.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/18/2013 10:28:00 PM More reviews by marywebgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

So I realized going in that this wouldn't be the greatest deodorant in the world, but I loved the smell and the fact that it came in a small version so it would be good for travel (my regular deodorant doesn't come in a travel size). Yeah, not so much. It would be OK the first day, then I'd start to stink, and it would just get worse the longer I used it. It was extra annoying that I was trying to use this on vacation, because my shirts were unwearable again without a good washing, even if I hadn't been wearing them very long. I also knocked down the packaging score because once it got toward the low end the product kept coming off the base and getting stuck in the cap.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2013 10:28:00 AM More reviews by Brandy26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

If there's one thing you need to know upfront, it's this: if you are stinky, this deodorant alone will not cut it for you. But, that doesn't mean that you can't use it and be stink free...

Here's the backstory: I have been anti-antiperspirant free for a year now and have tried quite a few natural deodorants. At first it was mostly a huge fail because these just don't have anything to prevent the bacterial build up that causes the odor. It wasn't until I used a certain (very expensive) natural deodorant that I got the results I was looking for. The secret in that deodorant was aluminum-free sodium bicarbonate. THAT is what made all of the difference.

Fast forward to today, I can successfully use any natural deodorant by lightly dusting it in Bob's Red Mill aluminum-free baking soda before applying it. It is a no-fail solution for me. So, I highly recommend trying it next time you venture into deodorant land.

That being said, I can review this deodorant for all of it's great qualities... It smells great. Warm, soft, non-obnoxious powdery vanilla. That usually isn't my scent of choice but this is nice...imagine being a little baby cuddled up on your mommy...it's like that.

It's very moisturizing, doesn't leave white spots & rinses clean. For me, those are a big deal. I used an entire travel-sized tube of this and will buy more in the future. If you want to try this deodorant but have had problems with natural deodorants in the past, I encourage you to try my trick. It's likely you'll never go back to antiperspirants again.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/4/2012 6:18:00 AM More reviews by babykins080305

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Let me say first that I've never felt so strongly about a product as much as I felt over this deodorant to write a review (aside from the ghd, which I love to death! The polar opposite of how I feel about this deodorant.)
It started with a video review or two of individuals proclaiming their love for this deodorant, I was so taken by their enthusiasm that I had to check it out for myself! So off I went to sephora, taking my time to choose which scent would be perfect for me and settled with vanilla grapefruit, it was love at first whiff! I was so enamored with this deodorant that after the first week I bought a second one to put in my purse. That should've gave a pause and reconsider this deodorant. To begin with I never thought I was sweaty nor stinky enough to merit the use of an antiperspirant and I was going through a phase wherein I wanted to change my whole skin care gradually into a more "natural" one, that's how I decided to start with the lavanilla deodorant.
After two days of getting my deodorant, I was in love with it though it didn't really keep me dry. I noticed that my underarms where damp after a couple of hours, though that didn't bother me much as long as I didn't stink. I figure I'd get a 2nd one to keep in my purse to reapply when I was at work... I should've realized that with the price point that it was at, I shouldn't be repurchasing a second one just so I could reapply it as the day went on. Then as the week progressed, I started to notice that my underarms specifically the area that I applied it on started to become red though it wasn't burning nor was there any itching. I figured my body was just getting used to this product... But boy after two weeks, it was still there redder than ever! The last straw came from a comment that my husband made (he likes to cuddle beside me when where sitting on the couch). He said w, "honey, your armpits smell sour...". Omg, never in my life had somebody say that and together with the rash I decide it was time to get my $36+tax from sephora.
As much as I want to keep all my skin regimen as natural as possible, I think I'll stick to my dove deodorant. For less than $5 dollars, I'm sweat and smell free all day.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/3/2012 7:09:00 PM More reviews by AS437

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I did not have a very good experience with this deodorant. I really liked the smell and found that it applied nicely to my skin. However, the benefits stopped there (at least they did for me). This product did NOTHING for me. I'm not a smelly person at all, however, I found that I certainly did not smell "fresh" halfway through the day while wearing this. I used it for a week consistently because I thought that perhaps I needed time to get used to the product, but I had no luck with that strategy either. I really wanted to like this product because I like the idea of a natural product, however the fact of the matter is that this does not work the same as 'regular' deodorant, so if that's what you're looking for, save your money and buy something from the drugstore!