Wet 'n' Wild Liner #712

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

This has been my staple lip liner since I was in high school! Out of all the colors they had, this one seems the most nude on me; I think the famous #666 always seemed too dark for me as I always passed right over it. (Of course, I never knew it was famous until I joined MUA which was less than a year ago, so I may have to give it another chance...)
This color is the perfect base for me as it remains the most neutral under any lipcolor that I wear whether it is a high end lipstick or just mineral makeup blended with some lipgloss. On it's own, it is a little dull--like a fleshy pink beige, but I can't complain about the texture of the one I have as it is very smooth and creamy and sharpens well. (Some I've had from other lines break off while you sharpen it; this one hasn't.)
As far as its ability to last throughout the day, I can't say it has the greatest staying power, but I have a bad habit of licking my lips a lot since I tend to wear flavored lip balm (like Reese's, Hersheys, Tiramisu Cheesecake, LOL)...that might be the problem! But seriously, I think if I were to do that tip where you apply powder over your lips prior to applying your lip color, it would last longer. I just tend to forget.
But for the price, you really cannot go wrong. I got a similar color that was a Victoria's Sercret line, and they are about the same quality to me but the VS was much more expensive. So save your money!!! continued >>

on 1/19/2007 10:50:00 PM

This is my hg of all lipliners.... that I always go to.. it reminds me of mac spice just a lot cheaper and it has better consistency. A fantastic neutral lipliner that you can wear under almost anything.

on 1/11/2007 9:35:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Ladies, if you like MAC Spice liner, this is a great steal replacement. Very similar color without the expensive price. Lasts long (you get a very long pencil for $0.99) and wears well. This is a total staple in my makeup bag!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I refuse to pay a lot of $ for something I don't use often -- this is a perfect brown/pink shade that works well with a lot of lipsticks & glosess I own. Definetly a staple in my collection. And the price...a steal.

on 3/19/2006 9:00:00 PM

I keep 712 and 666 at all times! This is a perfect nude liner for me. Some liners by other brands may be able to match it (or beat it very slightly - like Lancome, Px) in quality, but none of those have been able to beat the price!

I actually prefer this Willow lipliner over the famous #666 lipliner. While #666 was too dark, pink, and shimmery on me, the #712 is more of a real pink-brown neutral on the lip and closer to MAC Spice. The color is great and it is probably something I'd pick up again if I ever ran into Wet n' Wild again at a drugstore (especially with it only being $1 or so), but it is really too drying and hard to spread for me to use on a regular basis. The pencil is rather too long (doesn't fit in any makeup bag and is a bit unwieldy when applying), but it does seem silly to be complaining about receiving too much product. I suggest everyone get and try the #666 and #712 because you are bound to like one of them.

on 11/26/2005 4:57:00 PM

I use this liner under all of my neutral colors and I think it looks great. No orangy color tone to it as far as I can tell. I've not had any problems with it crumbling. I have very dry lips, though, and as with all of my lipliners, I always put lip balm on first. This liner goes on very smoothly. I think that this is a tremendous value in a lipliner. The size of it will allow it to last me forever.

on 8/25/2005 9:02:00 PM

I bought this instead of 666 when I finished 666. I like 666 alot more. I find the lipliner an ugly orangy brown. If I blend it it's workable but it's definitely not 666 without shimmer, 666 is a much better shade. I won't repurchase this one i don't think.

on 8/8/2005 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Cool

On me (red hair and blue eyes), this is a lovely auburn color. It gives me a matte, sophisticated lip that goes great with my coloring. It glides on smoothly (I always wear an SPF lip balm) and it lasts a good while. I haven't had any problems with sharpening or crumbling. I also haven't had any problems with the "bad batch" situation. Every Wet 'n' Wild liner I've purchased (5) has had a good consistency. I would repurchase, but I doubt I'll need to because I don't use it too often (since I usually stick with lighter colors).

on 7/8/2005 12:03:00 AM

I was hoping to like this product and even bought a second pencil in hope that I just got one from a bad batch, but I found the color to be a an ugly, orangy brown. I still like W & W, but this color was awful for me. A+ for the price though. I'm hoping to find one that flatters me.

Popular Lip Liners