November 28, 2014 | 935 users online

Moisturizers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Moisture Sensitive Skin

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2013 7:33:00 PM More reviews by babyjane14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Having acne-prone and sensitive skin, moisturiser has always been the one product that I find hard to like. A product that doesn't suit my skin will pretty much immediately break me out or leave my skin feeling irritated and I have experienced this with all the moisturisers I have used so far, from low-end to high-end they all haven't worked for me. I gave up for a couple years and stopped using moisturiser all together but I was away on holidays over the new year and I was feeling dry after being at the beach so I went to Woolworths to pick something up, this just happened to stand out to me.

And wow am I impressed! No irritation, no further breakouts and no oily feeling. Just a light weight but hydrating moisturiser. It has a handy lockable pump as well which makes it great for travel.

Overall, I'm really happy that I've found something that works for my picky skin. I would definitely recommend this to someone who has an oily-normal or sensitive skin type.

UPDATE: I have recently learnt about antioxidants and how beneficial they are in skin care so I've now moved on to a different moisturiser full of them which is working great. I still like this as its very lightweight so if you want a very simple formula than this is good.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/17/2013 4:14:00 PM More reviews by 8ar8ie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I jumped on the "non-comedogenic" bandwagon. I trusted every product that stated "non-comedogenic". I started doing research and you have to pay attention to the ingredients.

I wanted to find an oil free moisturizer for my skin. I am a Retin-A user and have been for many years so I need a moisturizer. I used this for about a week (before my research) and realized this made me break out. I thought, "how could this be? It states non-comedogenic." Well, this is what set off my intensive research.

This contains not one but two very high pore clogging ingredients. One is Ethylhexyl Palmitate (listed as the 3rd ingredient) and the other is Isopropyl Isostearate (listed as the 8th ingredient). Ethylhexyl Palmitate has a rating of a 4 (5 being the highest on the pore clogging scale and Isopropyl Isostearate has a rating of a 5! No wonder I broke out!

Please...if you have acne prone or sensitive skin, please do your research!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2013 10:24:00 AM More reviews by Directioner617

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'd say this is a very good mosturizer :) it works well with my skin :) finally a mosturizer that works well hahaha (miracle). All other mosturizers i have used broke me out or gave me pimples. But this one works wonders! At first i didnt like it because it didnt work at all then i decided to give it another chance and then it started working for me. :) i guess it didnt work before because i went in the sun even tho i tried not too. Too bad it doesnt have spf :/ i have combination skin (just oily on the nose tho haha) it is so sensetive with the sun ! Even without the spf its a good mosturizer! :) i use it in the morning and night ! And i wake up with nice skin haha (: i definetly would recommend this ! Just dont go out in the sun xD

rated 1 of 5 on 9/2/2013 8:15:00 AM More reviews by waldorfwannabe

Really really good packaging, great that it comes with the option to close the pump, but holy crap did it hurt my eyes! Every time I put it on I started tearing up, it stings so much! It's a pity because I use the combination skin version of this product which doesn't have the same effect. One whole bottle gone to waste :(

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2013 1:17:00 PM More reviews by mitchieyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm using this right now and almost finished my first bottle. It is the best moisturiser that I have ever used.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2013 6:26:00 PM More reviews by Disintigratedwoman

I received this product in a Neutrogena kit this past winter. I started using this at the beginning of summer, which is perfect because it is much lighter than the Ponds cream I was using beforehand. This moisturizer smells like nothing at all, which I love. It's very light and spreads on easily, also absorbing into my face very quickly. I wouldn't say that it is moisturizing enough for our cold Canadian winters but for the summer this is all I need. A good-quality product at a decent price!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/17/2013 2:39:00 PM More reviews by aatus

Never again!!!! I hate everything about this moisturizer other than the bottle it comes in. For sensitive skin my ass. This lotion BURNED like balls of fire with lemon juice and salt on top. So badly, it made my face bead up with either sweat or oil, I still don't know?! But I left it on and after about an hour it did cool down, but it turned my face very very red and I was seriously afraid to put my makeup on. I did anyway, and it just slid around and looked terrible. For being oil free, it was a grease-fest. Crisco would have absorbed better. Plus it's not very natural, has a scent, just yuck. Nasty nasty nasty. Not at all worth 13$. Or even 1$ for that matter. Steer clear! Try Aveeno instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2013 4:36:00 PM More reviews by compacj

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this it a nice moisturizer for people with any skin type my skin type is normal and this work wonders moisturizing my face after I wash with my cleanser.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2013 1:36:00 AM More reviews by ohboyitskayla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This is the only moisturizer I've ever found that works with my skin. The only problem I have with it is that it burns my eyes like nothing else I've ever felt. Even if I'm careful to not get it around my eyes, it somehow makes its way there when I'm laying in bed at night (my eyes tend to water at night and I guess I rub them with lotion still on my hand?). It's excruciating!! I wish they could somehow come up with a formula that doesn't burn your eyeballs.

But other than that, it's great. Haven't had a dry skin issue since I started using it. And hasn't been the cause of any breakouts.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/25/2013 4:18:00 PM More reviews by NicxNicolee

--- Okay so first of all, it doesn't moisturize at all. After I wash my Face, I massage the product on my Face and for a few seconds it feels soft. But as time goes by, my skin started to Flake. It doesn't do anything at all. I tried to use it under my Makeup but it doesn't give my Makeup that Soft texture effect.

This made my Face Burn! I don't know why but It started to burn! If I could I wanted to Give this Product an absolute Zero because this is a Waste of Money.