November 24, 2014 | 1520 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Extra Volume Collagen Mascara Blackest Black

rated 3 of 5 on 10/1/2010 12:10:00 AM More reviews by UberMagic

I'm a Voluminous fan so when I saw this pumped up version I thought I'd hit the jackpot.

Wrong.

The formula definitely isn't as black as the regular Volumious "Blackest black" and comes off as an almost transparent grey-black that you have to layer to get even close to only two swipes of the old Voluminous. If I'm not incredibly attentive to application, it clumps my lashes together tarantula-style and it flaked all over under my eyes. Not pretty.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2010 3:44:00 PM More reviews by lexijojohnson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This mascara works pretty well for me in terms of lengthening and volumizing. I didn't notice any curling properties (although I don't think it claims to have any). It is a pretty nice black - but there are darker - it's not inky and super super black, but game my lashes a nice smokey look.

I like the brush on this - I think it is a great brush for volume.

Watch for BOGO deals on these - I was able to get mine for a good deal.

I've been trying a bunch of mascaras lately because my HG, Max Factor Volume Couture is no longer sold in the US. However, now that I'm trying some other things. I'm also trying a few others (please check my other reviews!). I don't think this L'Oreal is my new HG...but it's a good solid mascara, in my opinion.

EDIT: after using this a few more times, I'm figuring out that it does an OK job volumizing at the roots of the lashes, but the lengthening ends up spikey, and it does nothing for curl. So, I wouldn't re-purchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/11/2010 2:46:00 PM More reviews by krleo247

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was extremely disappointed in this mascara. It not only clumped my eyelashes together, but flaked all over my face 2 hours after application. The flakes led to itchy, watery eyes. By later that afternoon, it looked as if I had applied zero mascara and I had raccoon eyes. The product is on the pricey side for a drug store mascara and worked worse than a $2.00 mascara. The only thing I liked about this mascara was the packaging--but who buys mascara for the packaging???

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2010 2:29:00 AM More reviews by ML54

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Of all the mascaras I've used this is the best. My lashes are naturally long, but this mascara adds a lot of volume and also increases their length. This mascara dosen't flake and last all day. The packaging is good. I would buy this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2010 3:08:00 PM More reviews by 21070085

A great mascara! I used it a few years ago and it was amazing. The only reason I haven't bought it again since is that I like to try new products all the time. This is a wonderful formula that gives A LOT of volume. My lashes looked rich and very black. People rave about voluminous, well, this one is ten times better! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2010 6:13:00 PM More reviews by carriespooner

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Tried this on a whim and I like it! I'm a Plush Lash girl and this one is a close runner to PL. No scent, didn't flake off and it looks great. Application wasn't messy or clumpy or too wet. The brush is nice and full, like Plush lash. Everything was spot on. Great product. I got it on a bogo so I paid 3.99 for it.

I gave high marks in all categories, everything just worked.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2010 4:01:00 AM More reviews by swallydbrat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOVE this product! It holds my curl, gives me volume and length - everything a mascara should do. AND it does not clump. My eyelashes a fairly long but very thin, and this mascara gives them volume while lengthining.
This is my ALL TIME favorite!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2010 10:40:00 AM More reviews by amandaleejones

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I know this mascara doesn't work for everyone, but i LOVE it. It's the only one i will use, and i just switched from Maybelline Collosal Volume which I thought was the best mascara ever, but this one has topped it!
I think you have to have a good lash base for this mascara to be great on you though. I have a friend who tried mine and her lashes are a lot shorter and not as full as my own, and it didn't work well for her.
I also find that the first week of a new tube is too wet and doesn't work as well as when it's gotten a little bit drier after using it a few times, so stick with it and it may work better in the long run.
You can buy it cheap at Walmart $7 to $8 dollars, otherwise you're looking at $13 anywhere else.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2010 7:26:00 PM More reviews by DarkestStar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I just bought this yesterday ($5.00 @ Walmart) and so far so good. It gave me fuller, soft lashes without drying out or looking spidery which is what most of us look for in mascara plus I think the brush looks pretty cool.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2010 12:28:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Washes off easily when removing. If you want something that's kinda meh, this is for you. Someone must like this though.

CONS: Messy, goopy, too wet. Not enough pow. Doesn't last long enough.

APPLICATION TIPS: Shiseido's primer (even the new one) helps this stay on with WAY less smudging/transfer/flaking. I am a recent convert to using Shiseido's popular curler too.

ALTERNATES: The Rocket by Maybelline (waterproof) is wonderful for volume and lots of length. For lots of volume and good length, I like Jordana's Volumizing Mascara OR Covergirl Remarkable Washable Mascara, which stays on very well for nonwaterproof. The new Manga mascara by L'Oreal is fantastic for length and volume that lasts a long time without smudging; I'm kind of in love with it.