Jane Iredale Amazing Base Loose Finishing Powder

3.8

Not tested on animals

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 14%, Zinc Oxide 6%. Ingredients: Mica, Boron Nitride, Zinc Stearate, Dimethicone, Stearic Acid, Plankton Extract, Algae Extract, Pomegranate Extract. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Ultramarines, Chromium Oxide Greens.

on 5/28/2011 2:40:00 AM

I got the pressed powder from Amazon and I was not impressed. I have prerosacea and I always use quite a bit of concealer and foundation to cover my redness. This just didn't have a very full coverage for me. I would wear it as a powder over my normal foundation and even then it didn't cover very well. It was not worth the price.

on 5/14/2011 5:30:00 AM

Super product for sensitiv skin.

on 3/22/2011 12:47:00 PM

Hey gals! I really want to try this but not sure on color. If you call Jane Iredals at 800 762 1132, they will send you samples of both the loose and pressed powders FREE!!!!!!!!! Can't beat that!. I will update later.

on 3/17/2011 1:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

After seeing a mineral makeup infomercial I decided to give mineral makeup a try. First let me say that I HATE wearing foundation, it always makes my face feel 'dirty' so I booked an appt. at a salon that carried this line to have a consultation. I bought the pressed powder in a compact (very expensive, nearly 100.00 Can.) but once out in the daylight it looked horrible, I had a yellow face! Back I go to the salon and exchanged it for a more neutral shade and in the loose format. That worked much better for me, the colour disappeared on my face which is what foundation is supposed to do, not add colour. The big revelation for me was that once it was on I felt clean and bare faced but looked soft and healthy! The application with the loose is tricky, you need to have the proper brush and you almost have to pat it on in downward strokes but once you get the hang of it, you can layer it to get the coverage you want. It never looks dry and I have very dry, mature skin. I invested in the D2O Hydration Spray that the salon recommended to use once the makeup is applied, to 'set' it and it does, you just spray your face damp and then pat any spots that need evening out with your fingertip. This makeup line is very expensive but since you don't use much I think it will last a long time. I'm undecided about buying it again, purely because of the cost, I may try other loose mineral makeup that's available out there to compare but that said, it is a lovely looking makeup that makes your skin look wonderful and healthy and you don't feel like you're wearing makeup, that's a big plus for me!

on 3/15/2011 2:49:00 PM

I ABSOLUTELY can't live without the golden glow shade from this foundation. The ingredients are safe for the skin, where as bare essential contains bad minerals that made me break out and clogged my pores. I can build coverage with this foundation. I apply in the morning and don't have to reapply during the day. Bare essentials used to make me oily by the end of the day and included too many steps. This foundation is one step and I'm done. I always get complimented on how flawless my skin looks. Oh it has SPF20 which is a big plus!

on 2/21/2011 10:32:00 AM

I gave this a try after using a small sample I received from another JI order. I have to say I really like it more than my pure pressed base in warm silk. Its more sheer which is what I was looking for over my dream tint TM.

For a bit better coverage I suggest getting their chisel brush or using one similar to apply other than the handi brush (just didnt work well for me.) For me to get the best finish out of this product you have to use other products from the JI line. (Purematte finishing powder, D20 setting spray) But if you do you'll find a flawless complexion that stays on through sweat, rain, and a couple splashes from your son at the pool!

Very little goes a long way with this product so shelling out the $$ for it wasn't a bad trade off for me. The pressed fdn lasted me over 6 months and I just started to see the pan. I suspect this loose fdn will last me well over a year since only a few shakes give me the coverage I need.

I did itch and burn with the bismuth in BE and this hasn't given me any problems at all. Be sure to either ask for a color sample or go to a salon and get matched. From what I understand they changed their colors on their amazing base so they all are not several shades darker than the pure pressed base anymore. I wear Warm Silk in both fdns and the loose actually blends a bit better, where the pressed is more chalky *but more matte as well.*

If you can find a great match in your shade this is well worth the money. They are finely ground and feel like silk on the skin. If it feels too dry for you try a TM underneath or the D20 (0r similar) hydrating setting spray to set it. 8+ hours later my face looks nearly the same as when I first applied. I carry around my Purematte powder for touchups but I rarely ever need to. (it doesnt really mattify very much on me, but just asborb some extra shine and it never looks chalky no matter how much i brush on)

*edit* if you are having problems getting coverage, this is not a swirl and buff product. You need to do top to bottom or downward sweeps on your face. I found I got a much better coverage that way*

Made me itch, made me itch, made me itch! I thought since no more bismuth was used in this product that it would be ok to try, because bismuth is no good with my skin. Instead they use boron nitrate now which might as well be bismuth! The coverage was blahh and it`s just very dissapointing for a "quality" product. I was`nt itching at first from it but as soon as I sweated a tiny bit, all along my hairline and by my nose and jawline, I was itching like crazy! Two thumbs down.

on 1/12/2011 10:42:00 AM

Way better than Bare Escentuals. Contains to talc or bismuth oxycloride which are two very big skin irritants. You have to really work with this to get full coverage but once you get the hang of it you look flawless. Does not cause break outs at all which is a # 1 for me. Comes with 10.5 grams of product which will last a long time. I think I'll always use this product.

on 11/12/2010 5:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have adult acne, and easy to break out. So I tried this cause it is a mineral product. But I don't find it better than other mineral foundations...

The Amazing base does NOT make my pores look smaller, and cause pores are one of my problems this foundation did not do that job well. It gives a "radiant mineralized glow" in some way and is thicker/better in coverage than the Pure pressed Base, but it covers without refining the structure....the coverige is actually only the "colour"... So I think that my old favourite Everyday Minerals does a better job and is far more worth the price.

Won't repurchase.

on 10/11/2010 2:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I was religious to Mac Studio Fix but as my adult acne cleared and my skin changed from oily to combo, I decided to take dermatologist advice and give this line a try. I tried on at her office and wasn't convinced but after a few days I realized how great this product is and now I can't live without it. I left this at a friends and couldn't pick up for several days forcing me to return to my mac which convinced me even more how great this foundations truly is. You determine the coverage by layering, I only use this and it covers great. Has lasted for 4-5 months, using once a day. AMAZING!!