August 1, 2014 | 1730 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Studio Small Angled Brush

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2012 1:24:00 PM More reviews by tricyclesinskirts

My HG angled eyeliner brush is a MAC 266 I've had for over a decade, which is still perfect. I use angle brushes a *lot* though, so I like to have a couple around that I don't mind gunking up with mixing mediums. This is not quiiite same as a MAC 266, but for the price and quality I love it almost as much. First of all--it is not scratchy as a 266, which some people will consider a bonus. Try washing it in a 2-1 shampoo if you think it is, but honestly Idk why people are saying that. Secondly, the firmness is ideal for gel lining, which is the main reason i bought it, and said firmness also makes it fairly handy for my brows (though i kind of miss the "scratchy" feel of my MAC when doing my brows, i admit). Thirdly, there is NO shedding--no idea why thats being said either. Finally, when using a mixing medium and shadow, it absolutely is flat enough for lining eyes. The only, minor issue I have is reshaping it post-wash. Mine got bent out of shape due to sloppy handling on my part, and I think it'll be easier to buy a new one than fix it. $3, who cares?

This brush deserves twice the praise the ecotools brush gets, which is way too thick, sloppy, and one of the most useless brushes I've ever bought.

EDIT: knocked this down 2 lippies. No matter how I wash it, the bristles to this brush remain warped. More importantly, I've discovered a better, even cheaper alternative--essence's angled liner brush, which is perfection for gel liners, washes like a dream, dries nearly instantly, and is cheap enough for multiples!

DOUBLE EDIT: i will still praise the essence brush for gel lining. i seriously think any medium that heavy needs a brush that is mildly disposable (yet also performs effectively, efficiently, etc.,) and essence has filled that bill well beyond elf and ecotools. i am still using my MAC for my brows. i suppose i am a creature of habit--but at least now you know.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2012 1:10:00 PM More reviews by jennstar777

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

got this as a cheap brow brush before i splurged on an expensive one. to make the bristles denser i trimmed them with very sharp scissors. works great now! worth the $3.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/9/2012 9:54:00 PM More reviews by hgpt2

I am only giving this 2 lippies because the brush sheds. I don't why but this brush sheds a lot whenever you wash it. To add to it, its difficult to use since the handle is too long so when you lean over the mirror to apply it, it comes in the way. The bristles are too firm, they tend to scratch my eye! Not sure if this was a defective batch but it didn't work well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2012 1:34:00 AM More reviews by anjelykah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is a great quality brush, absolutely perfect for filling in eyebrows because the bristles are dense and firm. I don't draw my brows but I fill in sparse areas with powder and this does a great job.

I would NOT recommend this for lining the upper lid with gel liners if you like very thin lines.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2012 2:49:00 AM More reviews by scotophobic

So far I love this brush. I tried it for the first time tonight and I can actually line my upperlash line now! I didn't give it a 5 because a thin tipped wing is still proving difficult but overall it's so cheap who could complain?

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2012 6:12:00 PM More reviews by blua

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Wasn't as firm as I thought it would be, therefore I had to go over my brows a couple more times because it doesn't deposit color as strong as I like (I love statement brows!)....but it does the job. Plus it was under $5, so who can complain?

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2012 9:55:00 PM More reviews by frckls

Gah. I thought I would love this product to bits, but turned out not.

I used this in place for too-scratchy-for-my-poor-lashline brush that came with Maybelline Gel Line. People rave about it, but not my stupid eye skin. The bristles are seriously soft and dense enough. But I always wipe my brushes to tissue paper after each usage, in between washes. And because of that, the bristles splayed on me after a few gel liner usages and cannot retain its old shape even after washing. Bah.

I found a much better replacement for this, with thinner end as well, although this is not that bad either. But I have moved on ever since the splaying.

Tsk. Too bad. The other brushes from the same line are actually pretty awesome.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/14/2012 9:09:00 PM More reviews by gojiberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The worst eyeliner brush I have ever used. I bought 4 of these because of the price and good reviews and I definitely wish now I hadn't. The width of the brush head looks thin in the photos but it's actually quite thick, at least 3 times thicker than the Sephora #15 eyeliner brush I prefer. I wing my eyeliner and with this brush, sadly, you cannot get a extremely thin point at the end of your wing. I don't get as elegant a line with this ELF brush as most other eyeliner brushes. It's stiff but I wish it had slightly more bend in order to line more smoothly. . Also, the handle is way too long for my liking, much longer than any other eyeliner brush I've owned. This can be a complication if you use this while looking into a mirror. And it is true, the first few uses these brushes stink like a cheap factory. For me, the price doesn't cut it. I won't be repurchasing any other ELF brushes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2012 9:04:00 AM More reviews by Doubleshot70

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Firstly,I have a vast amount of professional brushes and we are all different in our needs,for instance some of us have different eye shapes.Let's begin,this brush has a sturdy handle,the ferrule is well connected to the handle.It is a nice weight,the width of the bristles is quite short, these are a few things to bear in mind.
On towards application,it produces a thin line,close to the lashes,if you need a thicker line then you can build it slowly and you may need to dip in to your gel liner a few times.I found the brush to be firm and smooth and it required minimal pressure to produce a nice,swift and clean cut wing.
For the price, this is a fantastic brush, do bear in mind we are all so different when it cones to our personal needs when it comes to brushes.This brush serves me well, and I am versatile with my eye lining, sometimes I want a brush to give me a thicker line in one swift, controlled movement and other times I just want a very thin line, close to my eye lash line and some tight lining, this is where this brush shines.
The next line may shock some of you, but I will add that the Bobbi Brown fine liner brush just would not perform for me, and I just apply eye shadow as an eye liner or to apply shadow to set pencil liners.That has been my only mistake and my biggest highly regretful purchase.Ladies, be careful before you part with your money.I do hope this was helpful for some of you.
Thanks For Your Time(ladies and gents)

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2012 1:03:00 AM More reviews by keenaz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

It's a decent brush.
I use it for lining my eyes with a gel eyeliner or black eyeshadow.
It's quite similar to the mini eyeliner brush which is included with their Studio gel eyeliner.
This one is just denser and thicker.
But it could be a little bit thinner though, I feel like sometimes it gives a line which is too thick.
EDIT: I found this one to be not precise enough and guess what ? I've started using the brush which was included with their studio gel eyeliner!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No