November 21, 2014 | 1815 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Studio Small Angled Brush

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2013 9:06:00 AM More reviews by jessijay

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

The ELF professional line of brushes have a nice balanced feel to them. The ferrules are firmly attached unlike their regular line of brushes. I use this brush daily to line with shadow on the lashline (or to blend shadow over liner in order to add color/blend). I'm using well pigmented shadows from UD, BB, Lancome, MAC for this. Very satisfied. Works great + made its way into my daily brush stash over a year ago. Still going strong. Better quality than similar brushes I own from BB and Smashbox. Soft, smooth application is easy. I have had zero shedding. A must-buy at this price.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2013 11:39:00 PM More reviews by luverchick

i use this everyday to fill in my eyebrows...you cant go wrong :)

rated 1 of 5 on 1/10/2013 12:09:00 AM More reviews by honeybunny26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really wanted to love this brush the way so many other reviewers have as well! I was in need of a new eyeliner brush and wanted to try this one because of the price. However it's hard for me to get a straight line in one sweeps with my old brush. While I am drawing my line I will run out of liner! I have to get more gel liner a few times to finish my line. It creates a really thin line (not in one sweep) so it is good for tight lining if you are a patient person. I am returning this and going back for my old brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2013 4:59:00 PM More reviews by LindarLooo

I absolutely love this brush for use with my gel and cream liners. I've yet to try MAC brushes, but I have tried angled brushes from Sonia Kashuk, Sephora, Sigma, and Stila and I am always reaching for this brush. I purchased it when the Studio line was relatively new and my complaint would be that the brush handle is far longer than necessary. However during a recent trip to Target, it looks like the handles have been shortened! This brush tip is firm enough to allow precise application, but not so firm that I can't create the flick at the end of my cat eye looks. Love it and at $3 it's a steal.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2012 11:21:00 PM More reviews by meganxoxo1996

i love this brush! i use it for my upper lash line with my elf cream eyeliner. that one came with a brush too, but it was soo small and kinda flimsy so i had a hard time getting that perfect thin line. this brush is amazing and does the job beautifully. i can get that sexy thin line and a dramatic thicker line. The only thing that bothered me at first was that the brush is pretty stiff so its hard to get it in one swoop like i could with the little one, but it just takes getting used to :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2012 1:31:00 AM More reviews by blahblahh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I use this for several purposes:
*) Eyebrow
*) Tightlining - with gel liner, or swipe a pen eyeliner unto the brush before you use it
*) Eyeliner
*) Cat Eye - with eyeshadow and/or gel
*) Lower lash line - use it wet for the wow factor
*) Accentuates the outer V of the eyes

The key is to use it in SHORT, SLOW strokes for precise application. It's firm but not firm enough to use it in one long swipe. But frankly, how many of us are talented enough to do make up in one swipe? .

I've tried high end brushes similar to this one, and I've to say that Elf performs just as well at a fraction of the price.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2012 1:24:00 PM More reviews by tricyclesinskirts

My HG angled eyeliner brush is a MAC 266 I've had for over a decade, which is still perfect. I use angle brushes a *lot* though, so I like to have a couple around that I don't mind gunking up with mixing mediums. This is not quiiite same as a MAC 266, but for the price and quality I love it almost as much. First of all--it is not scratchy as a 266, which some people will consider a bonus. Try washing it in a 2-1 shampoo if you think it is, but honestly Idk why people are saying that. Secondly, the firmness is ideal for gel lining, which is the main reason i bought it, and said firmness also makes it fairly handy for my brows (though i kind of miss the "scratchy" feel of my MAC when doing my brows, i admit). Thirdly, there is NO shedding--no idea why thats being said either. Finally, when using a mixing medium and shadow, it absolutely is flat enough for lining eyes. The only, minor issue I have is reshaping it post-wash. Mine got bent out of shape due to sloppy handling on my part, and I think it'll be easier to buy a new one than fix it. $3, who cares?

This brush deserves twice the praise the ecotools brush gets, which is way too thick, sloppy, and one of the most useless brushes I've ever bought.

EDIT: knocked this down 2 lippies. No matter how I wash it, the bristles to this brush remain warped. More importantly, I've discovered a better, even cheaper alternative--essence's angled liner brush, which is perfection for gel liners, washes like a dream, dries nearly instantly, and is cheap enough for multiples!

DOUBLE EDIT: i will still praise the essence brush for gel lining. i seriously think any medium that heavy needs a brush that is mildly disposable (yet also performs effectively, efficiently, etc.,) and essence has filled that bill well beyond elf and ecotools. i am still using my MAC for my brows. i suppose i am a creature of habit--but at least now you know.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2012 1:10:00 PM More reviews by jennstar777

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

got this as a cheap brow brush before i splurged on an expensive one. to make the bristles denser i trimmed them with very sharp scissors. works great now! worth the $3.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/9/2012 9:54:00 PM More reviews by hgpt2

I am only giving this 2 lippies because the brush sheds. I don't why but this brush sheds a lot whenever you wash it. To add to it, its difficult to use since the handle is too long so when you lean over the mirror to apply it, it comes in the way. The bristles are too firm, they tend to scratch my eye! Not sure if this was a defective batch but it didn't work well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2012 1:34:00 AM More reviews by anjelykah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is a great quality brush, absolutely perfect for filling in eyebrows because the bristles are dense and firm. I don't draw my brows but I fill in sparse areas with powder and this does a great job.

I would NOT recommend this for lining the upper lid with gel liners if you like very thin lines.