October 26, 2014 | 994 users online

Eyeliner - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Stay in Place Eye Pencil

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2012 3:29:00 PM More reviews by ChristyR143

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have this in Coffee and Onyx. I find this formula very creamy and pigmented and it has decent staying power. Much like the Urban Decay 24/7 liners, this super creamy liner goes on very smooth, but due to the softness of the formula, it's hard to make a precise line, and I find I have to sharpen it very often. The black is a deep, dark black, but once it begins to fade, it turns blue around the edges, which I don't like. Overall, Revlon Colorstay is still my #1 choice of pencil eyeliners. No need to sharpen, budge-proof formula, and the black stays a true flat black. Won't repurchase this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2011 1:31:00 AM More reviews by Sophia1105

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Great pencil. Better than my GA, Chanel, MUFE, MAC, and Sisley. Wore through a run plus unexpected torrential downpour rain. Smears by the end of my 13+ hour shift. Soft, deep black. Needs reapplied throughout the day but about as long wearing and non-waxy as I can get (exceptions being Trish McEvoy), plus for the price--you can't go wrong! Absolutely repurchase, great price, wish it came with a sharpener!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2011 2:59:00 PM More reviews by Snuggles555

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

While it is certainly a darker plum - I wouldn't call it a black plum. But that's ok - I really like it & have purchased it several times. Very smooth applying but also very long-lasting. Get it - you won't be sorry!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2011 4:32:00 PM More reviews by SexyLittleMe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

My favorite eyeliner. Goes on easily, with no tugging. Staying power is quite good, IMO.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2011 9:34:00 PM More reviews by aludden

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this as part of Estee Lauder's gift promotion when I purchased a bottle of the Double Wear foundation. I had never given any thought to purchasing their eyeliner because it's quite expensive. However, the first day using the eyeliner it stayed put ALL day! I applied it at about 7:30am and it still looked great at 7:30pm! Definitely the longest lasting eyeliner I have ever used. The only thing I used on top of the eyeliner is a little bit of black eyeshadow by NYX. I will definitely be purchasing the eyeliner when I use up the one I received in the gift.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2011 7:34:00 PM More reviews by missn74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Estee Lauder Double Wear have great long lasting power...except when it comes to their eyeliners. They completely smudge right away and within 15 minutes it fades so quickly. I give one star for its pigmentation because it is very dark and applies smoothly without tugging at your eye.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/8/2011 7:08:00 AM More reviews by jumpingjill

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is difficult to get on and once on it fades in a few hours. Generally speaking,I have been disappointed with most Estee Lauder products in all categories.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2011 10:26:00 PM More reviews by kellabella94

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

This eyeliner is great for winged eyeliner looks, but fails to do its job at "staying-in-place". It wears off on my lower lid throughout the day. Might not buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2011 5:04:00 PM More reviews by angelwingsx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

More of a 4.5.

It's wonderful, works great. Although, not as great as grand rival 24/7 liner. Sadly, that wins overall. But since I don't have that and this was a nice gift, it's good, and awesome. Although when I run out, I'll go for something cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2011 2:43:00 PM More reviews by fatbottmdgrl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use this in the Bronze shade and it is one of my HG items. I am a part-time SA for the Lauder and Clinique lines (smaller stores "blended" their associates) and really love the Double Wear line in Lauder. All the products in the line are made to be long wearing. I have used up 2 of these liners down to stubs . I apply it in the morning and it stays put until I remove it at night. This is a nice medium brown shade with a bit of a golden undertone. When I apply it, I take the smudger on the other end and lightly dip it in some powder and run it over the liner to "set" it. This color compliments blue eyes very nicely, but it's a color that can be used by almost everyone. These do run $20 apiece at counter and I will be the first to say, there are drugstore brands that may last every bit as well. However, since I am an SA for the line and get gratis, usually these are free for me. Out of all the brands we sell, and eyeliners I am able to choose from, this is one of the ones I would probably still purchase if I did not receive gratis.