July 28, 2014 | 1428 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Telescopic Explosion

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 12/24/2011 10:39:00 PM More reviews by makeuplove999

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really thought I would like this mascara, but the first time I tried it I HATED it. It clumps horribly and has a bad brush. It's supposed go separate and get every lash, but it did nothing for me. Worst mascara.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2011 7:02:00 PM More reviews by JennyBean13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

You need to know how to work with this brush as it takes some practice to be able to lash it on in 2 minutes. I think it's decent, but not amazing. It clumps quite easily but when done correctly it can look very nice.
However, I was experimenting one day and put on my normal mascara (Maybelline Great Lash) and then used Explosion to add detail to the corners and bottom lashes. I found this combination of mascaras worked great for me.
Alone, it's only alright but combined it's a nice handy little tool. I think I'd buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2011 12:55:00 AM More reviews by michtou

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Lisa Eldridge did a tutorial in which she used a small, round mascara wand. Since I'm pretty adept at my wand skills, this Telescopic seemed to be perfect for my needs: get way down to the root and shimmy up to the ends of my lashes. So...

Pros:
-if you know how to use this type of mascara brush, it can make getting the roots and each lash covered so easy! I feel I can manoeuvre the brush more freely than with traditional brushes
-the size of the tube is easy to handle

Cons: (mind, I wanted to give this a 2.5)
-the wand is made of rubber, so the tip is TOO flexible. I had two problems: either I couldn't get enough product off the brush tip or I tried too hard and flicked mascara on my top. Not very nice.
-the mascara itself is simply mediocre. I've used it for 3 months now & while it lengthened my lashes and only started to flake recently, it didn't justify a re-purchase.

Alors, l'Oreal: perfect the brush & kick the formula up to Voluminous level and then we'll talk. For now, I've just bought Covergirl Lash Blast. Watch this space!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2011 4:32:00 PM More reviews by violetsky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

Pro's: Works just as well as Givenchy's spiked brush. It curls and lengthens like no other, while also giving a bit of plump-ness.
Con's: The formula can get mucky and clumpy. I follow up with Covergirl Lash Blast length and it kind of takes off some of the gluck and seperates.

YOU NEED TO KNOW HOW TO USE IT. If you don't, you'll be unhappy. It's very easy to use, just start at the roots with not tons of formula on the brush and work your way up.

I use it everyday, can't imagine my makeup bag without it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2011 10:47:00 AM More reviews by sushiiflower

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love L'oreal mascaras and this one is no exception. The wand is actually a small spiked ball. The formula is very black and a little wet. It definitely does take work to get this mascara right but I am not disappointed by the results. It lengthens my lashes, so much so that I cannot blink when I have my sunglasses on. The reason why I gave this 3 lippies is because this does clump and you really do need patience when working with this brush. The plus side is that the ball grabs each lash but definitely does not separate each lash. It can flake if you rub your eye. Volume is okay, not too shabby but if you're looking for length, this definitely a mascara to try out. I would continue to repurchase this because despite it's flaws, it does really make my long lashes looks spectacular. I also recommend washing the wand once a week to get rid of build up on the ball.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/19/2011 3:29:00 AM More reviews by AdreeC

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this when my Givenchy ran out and I'm so sad I did. This does not hold a candle to Phenomen'eyes and failed horribly. The formula is far too thick, the wand is too long, and the bristles too short. The Givenchy grabs a hold of each lash and pulls them up while not getting a lot of product on them- this cheaper version just made me have spider eyes. I'll happily spend 22 dollars more for the good stuff, L'Oreal is NOT worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2011 2:55:00 AM More reviews by redcherry32

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

after doing a review on a loreal mascara i didnt like at alll.i decide to do a review on one of my favorite from loreal.i love this mascara its funny because i almost didnt buy do to bad reviews.glad i did it thicken makes my lashes look false this one i will be buying for years to come.fyi u have to get used to the brush because two coats are all u are going to be able to do any more and it willl clump.all i can say is its one of the best drugstore mascara loves it

rated 1 of 5 on 10/15/2011 8:12:00 PM More reviews by prettykitty1423

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This is honestly the worst mascara I have ever tried!
It is really hard to use with the weird little spiky ball.
It made my lashes extremely clumpy and stuck together, and required a ton of seperating by hand to look decent.
It flakes a little but doesn't smudge.
Don't waste your money!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2011 6:50:00 PM More reviews by swtlilqtk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Why no love? I bought this isn't of the expensive Givanchy mascara which is similar. I really like it. I layer overtop of a lenghting mascara to get extra thickness. I start with the brush and the base of my lashline and roll it up to the tips. Then I blink on it while holding it at the tips. It hasn't clumped for me yet and I have long lashes that are on the thinner side. I think if you don't get crazy with the application and apply more like you do a normal mascara you shouldn't have any probs. with it.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2011 11:20:00 PM More reviews by turnthisaround

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

A few years ago, my mother gave this to me since she didn't like it. I really did. At the time, it was the best mascara I've ever used.
No clumping, fast drying, no smudging, flaking, etc. It would separate very well. Added some volume but no real length.
The brush was easy to control and I was able to get all of my lashes.

No real complaints but nothing really special about it either. I haven't purchased it since but think about it from time to time.
It's a good basic mascara. good for anyone who wears little makeup.