L'Oreal Telescopic Explosion

2.6

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This mascara is terrible. If i could have given it a zero, I would. It clumps, flakes, runs, and overall just turns my lashes into a wet mess. It was given to me by a friend so I didn't waste money on it, but I recommend ANY mascara but this one. Seriously. I am so disappointed L'Oreal! will not be buying again.

on 5/11/2012 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

When I first got it I was displeased because my lashes are long and curls naturally. I had a hard time initially with it smudging on my eyelid. Previously I had used avon shock mascaras without this smudgung issue so I was annoyed. After awhile I devised better application methods and now I loooooove it. My lashes have been described as unnaturally long in their bare state; with this mascara I am the envy of even false lash wearers.

on 5/10/2012 8:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

this is the worst mascara i have ever used!!! no volume, very clumpy, does nothing it says!! no wonder i got it on clearance for $2.00! please don't waste your money it is just pitiful, one of L'Oreals worst!

on 5/1/2012 2:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This is not the best mascara but certainly is not the worst. Definitely an upgrade from the last mascara I had. I will use it until it's gone. It DOES LENGTHEN my lashes and gives some volume. The brush is an art itself.... If this mascara did not smudge or flake I would purchase it again but unfortunately it does....

on 4/26/2012 11:59:00 PM

I've purchased this mascara about a year ago but I don't remember whether it was the red tube or the blue. Im sure I've owned both at some point. This is the 3rd tube I've owned, and I think that Loreal changed the formula. My current tube is not as lengthening as I remember this mascara to be. I still really like it though just for the wand. It really separates and defines my lashes. I'll be picking up the blue packaging next time. Maybe it was just the formula in the red tubes that are like this..

on 4/24/2012 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This mascara is awful. It could simply be the formula of the mascara, as it is just as bad as the normal telescopic one. But the little ball brush makes it even worse. The packaging is cute, I'll give the company that, but otherwise, an awful product.

on 4/14/2012 4:54:00 PM

+No clumps or smudges
+AWESOME brush that lets you get all the corner lashes.
+My lashes actually look THICK.

I was skeptical (because all mascara claims, commercials, ads, etc LIE; models wear lash inserts--everybody knows that. they even admit it in the fine print at the bottom of the ad!) but I've been changed and I'm a believer in telescopic explosion.

-The only negative is I've been through so many craptastic mascaras when I should've tried this one. This one's a HG for sure.

EDIT: this stuff dried out after just a few weeks. It was like paper for crying out loud!! it was like trying to rub paper on my lashes! I still love the brush though. But Telescopic loses points for its crappy formula

on 3/11/2012 4:58:00 PM

it sucks.
everything you don't want in a mascara.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

i was scared to use it at first because of the sphere wand, but it's actually easy to use!
sometimes it does kinda hurt your lashes since the wand is pointy, and also can be very clumpy.
it does flake throughout the day, but I don't really use it alone, i'll put on a mascara and then use this for more definition and also on my bottom lashes and it works great!
I won't repurchase because I don't want to buy a mascara only for touch-ups, but it's still a great mascara, just not on its own!

on 2/23/2012 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

If you are looking for a great brush that grabs all those tiny lashes, try Maybelline Great Lash Lots of Lashes.

This was a great disappointment. I find that the formula of this mascara is on the dry side, so it does not coat the lashes on the first swipe. I have to apply 3x in order to see any coating on my lashes. Furthermore, this brush does not coat my lashes evenly and gets clumpy. This barely lengthens and the brush is awkward to use. If you are not careful, the mascara can smudge during application due to the awkward shape. I feel I have to be really careful with the brush to avoid poking myself in the eye. Would not repurchase.