July 23, 2014 | 1322 users online

Masks - The Body Shop - Seaweed Ionic Clay Mask

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2011 9:54:00 PM More reviews by gpgroupie1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really love this mask! I know that it's a little pricy, but I've tried more expensive masks, that do not do the same! I am so glad that I bought this mask again. Lately, I noticed that I started getting pinples, which I've NEVER had a problem with. I washed my face more, started taking better care of it.....no improvment.

I went to the Body Shop, and I remembered how awesome this mask was! I have one really good exfoliator, but the deep cleanser was not satisfactory. I bought it and that night, I put the mask on, and hallelujah!!!!

The mask is pretty amazing! It took 30 seconds to realize that it was doing exactly what I needed it to do! Suck the impurites out of my skin! Yes, it does sting a little, and I read a lot of reviews about how some people with sensitive skin have had bad results with this. So be careful if you're sensitive. But if you needs some really good deep cleaning, try this one! It's pretty awesome!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2011 11:43:00 AM More reviews by Melavia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought it after trying both this mask as well as the honey & oak scrub mask on my hand at a Body Shop store. This one has a deeper cleansing power and the skin feels softer afterward.

I have no problem with the smell. In fact, I think it is quite fresh and pleasant. It gives a deep clean to my face after rinsing off. My skin feels extremely soft too. However, this leaves my skin drier, especially on the cheek area.

Another problem is that it dried quickly inside the box. I am not a fan of the packaging of all Body Shop masks because it is very easy to get contaminated. The remaining content dried out after a few months. I did nto bother to make use of the remaining content so there was a waste of about 1/3 of the entire box.

For me, the honey & oak scrub mask works better overall. This one works better initially but could not last until the end.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2011 12:07:00 AM More reviews by salex007

I got this as a freebie sample with my regular Seaweed line purchase. I'm a big fan of the Seaweed facial wash and day lotion, so the salesperson gave me two very generous sized samples of the mask.

I love the smell of it and it definitely is cool/gross seeing the oil come up from my rather large pores. I have dry/combo skin but have been having breakouts around my chin for the past couple of months. Within a day of using this mask my blemishes were noticeably smaller and less irritated looking.

Although I really like this mask, I'm not sure I can justify the price tag when I've used similar clay-based masks from the drugstore for a fraction of a price. Definitely a splurge item if you have the extra cash and want to keep your routine within the same Body Shop line.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/1/2011 3:59:00 PM More reviews by ET3638

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the WORST clay mask I've ever used! I would NOT recommend this mask to anyone. I've got really oily, acne prone skin and it's not the least bit sensitive. I can slap on a lot of different harsh products and my skin is able to handle it really well. This product however, not so much....

First off, I really hate the smell of this product. It smells really nice in the tub, but once I've got this on my face, the perfume scent started to really irritate me. I can smell the perfume trying to hide the fishy smell of the seaweed. So in turn, I really started hating the perfume scent mixed with the fishy smell of the seaweed scent. As the mask dried, it started to smell really off - just wrong! The second thing I didn't like about this mask is the stinging feeling I get the entire 10 minutes I've got this mask on me. It felt like my face was on fire, and it never stopped until I washed it off with water. I hated how tight and itchy my face felt with this product on. I'm not sure if this is because I'm allergic to the seaweed (because I've tried other products with sea kelp etc etc before and it really irritated the heck out of my skin), or because this mask was just way too harsh for my face, but I just could not wait to get this stuff off my face. Once I've washed this mask off my face, my face did seem really smooth and clean. My skin actually kind of look like it had a glow. I'm not sure it really did anything for my oily face, because my face still got oily by noon after using this, but it must've done something because I can see all those nasty dark green spots on my t-zone (when the mask was drying). I normally would get acne popping left right and centre after using this, so it must be purging my pores by bringing the gunk out from deep under up to the surface. At any rate, I wouldn't repurchase this and I've only used it 5 times and wouldn't touch this stuff again with a 10 foot pole. Such a waste as there's still so much product left, and I've wasted a lot of money on this. It'll just sit in my product basket and go bad. Too bad!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/2/2011 9:28:00 PM More reviews by iloveskincaresososomuch

seeeeeeeeeeeriously overdrying. and my skin's crazy oily!
lt stung so badly.
but see, l have sensitive skin.
AND! I WILL SAY:
USE THIS AFTER A HOT AND HUMID DAY. Because the sweat can clog your pores and this just drawssss it out.
but it leaves my skin so dry afterwards, and for the next few days it was flaky and slightly pink.
I wear makeup everyday so that is a HUGE don't.
I think just using a deep cleansing mask is an essential after a hot and sweaty day, but it doesn't have to be this mask.
if you use it, make sure your skin isn't sensitive.
good luck to those who want to try it

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2011 5:29:00 PM More reviews by Jenn140XD

I tried this after falling in love with the seaweed day cream. I figure if the day cream was good, the clay mask would also be. I would say this is a wonderful mask. It does draw out impurities and controls oil. It also helps dry out some acne too. Overall, great product. As for the price, I thought it was a bit too much also. But I figure if a product works great, then I would continue to use it because I would waste more money trying out different products. I have already repurchased a second jar of it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2011 12:19:00 AM More reviews by gillybean604

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm surprised this mask is rated so poorly! I think it's fairly good! I use this mask once a week to draw out dirt and film out of my face. My face is fairly oily & I'm acne prone. As stated on the website, I keep this mask on for only 10 min. I avoid my dry areas. When I rinse it off with lukewarm water, I initially gently rub it into my face in circular motions sort of for exfoliation. I like how it dries on my face and feels tight. It does have a bit of a perfume smell but I love it. I'm not sure if it does much for the acne but face definitely feels cleaner in terms of oil. I WOULD NOT recommend this for people with dry/sensitive skin. I luckily got this on their 50% red bag sale because I think $22 is steep! But the product will last me a year. I also wish this wasn't in a tub because I find the product gets stuck under my nails. But I will probably buy this again as long as it's on sale.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/27/2011 12:50:00 AM More reviews by czaurora

Well, I decided to try this out because my friends all recommended it, but I kind of overlooked the fact that the person who recommended most strongly had fairly oily skin, me, not so much. I used it for a month or so, and here's my opinion of it.
Pro: pulls out oil + dirt
Cons:
- oil draining effect not significant. I had a volcanic mud clay mask before and that one was really strong compared to this one, except it was a gift from out of the country and I don't know how to get my hands on it again, so...
- it stings towards end of drying, makes me anxious about getting skin issues because of it.
- cannot stand the smell, very pungent, and gets to be extremely unpleasant. I have to rub perfume/body lotion/etc under my nose to be able to stand it.
- I bought some for 50% off discounts, but I would never buy at regular price.
Bottom line: decent for oil cleaning, but I would not buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2011 11:15:00 PM More reviews by canadiancutie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This mask is good at pulling dirt out of the pores, and it does help acne a little. I does sting a little, although I don't find this every time I used it (I have combination skin that is sensitive and acne-prone). Although it does sting sometimes, it does not cause any irritation to my skin at all. It changes colour when it dries, so it's easy to know when to take it off.
I have repurchased this and most likely will continue to do so. It makes my face feel very clean and I like it alot. With alot of masks I have tried, I see no noticable difference in my skin, but this one does improve the look of my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2011 5:48:00 AM More reviews by celenis

I've been wondering for a long time about whether or not I should buy this because there were a lot of mixed reviews. But I decided to give it a go because I believed that the general consensus was that this product is great for oily skin, and horrible for sensitive skin and I have combination skin with very oily T-zone.

After the first try, I gotta say I love it. At first I thought I should just apply on my T-zone but I decided to apply all over my face to see how it is. I imagined it would burn and feel really stretchy and dry afterward, but it didn't. After I washed it off my face, I patted my face dry and immediately applied my moisturizer. I really love the results. Normally my face would be super oily after all the stuff I put on my face after I cleansed it, but even with my nightly skin routine it doesn't feel as oily anymore.

The fun part was seeing how large my pores are around my T-zone. I wouldn't say it completely got rid of my blackheads but they did help a bit. I guess the bottom line is that if you have sensitive skin, DO NOT BUY THIS. If you have oily skin, you would be luckier.

People say it's expensive for what its worth, but I haven't bought other clay masks so I wouldn't know exactly (but I certainly did use other clay masks and they were not as good as this). But you don't have to cake it on or anything, just a thin layer will do. So even with its small container I say it's worth it because I think it will last me a long time. However I would not buy it again just to see what kind of other clay masks there are.